Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
he wasn’t bessie they found wmds he was hiding and of course the inspectors retired and reported he wasn’t
Is W lying here?

But Mr Bush admits that he was shocked when no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq. "No one was more shocked and angry than I was when we didn't find the weapons," he writes.
George W Bush had 'sickening feeling' over WMD lack

"I had a sickening feeling every time I thought about it. I still do."m
not at all...i expected to find more

i am sure it bothered him

All the inspectors said there were no WMD capabilities in Iraq.
The ONLY person who claimed there were besides the CIA, was Chalabi.
And he was a lying criminal wanted for bank fraud.

what? yea Xiden gave Bush authorization. to use force as he deemed necessary and outlined the numerous justifications for the war when doing so

Did Xiden give Bush authorization to NOT use force IF he DETERMINED It waa not necessary Regardless of the outlined numerous justifications for the war because SH allowed the inspectors in and was cooperating with them? I was asking basically that of Correll perhaps he can better understand Trump speak coming from you

The determination of whether or not Saddam was a threat to the US was given entirely to Bush.
It is all his fault and no one elses.
However I still blame Hillary for giving him that power.

A funny phenomena is occurring in the GOP right now, these lying jackasses are all trying to act like they were against the War in Iraq, when we all remember that every single one of them across the board supported it 150%. They loved the war in Iraq. War in Iraq was their favorite thing ever.

I don't remember any republican at all what so ever, standing with me against the War in Iraq. I remember these idiot Trumpers calling my a traitor and unpatriotic because I was against the war.

Even a few years ago these people wouldn't admit that the war was a huge failure.

Now these pathetic liars try to act like they were against the war all along, that is how pathetic Trumpers are. These people don't even know what they support or oppose, they wait for Foxnews to tell them what to think, and then just go with it...

You are turning into being quite the liar.

No one on the right loved the war in Iraq. No one on the right loves war.

What they said then was that Iraq was a necessary war in order to get advantage in the war on terror.

The problem is, the war was WON, but no one wanted to leave after that.

We did NOT support nation-building. War means you go in, break everything, then go home.

So, stop your lies.

Not only had Saddam absolutely no part in terrorism, but he was fighting terrorism against al Qaeda in Iraq,
The group was founded by the Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in 1999, and survived only because he used the NE no fly zone of the Kurds, so Saddam could not attack him.
Attacking Saddam was always wrong, illegal, and based on blatant lies.
Holy fuck! Are you brainwashed or what? Saddam was spending millions of dollars on terrorism against Israel.

Only in the beginning because I believed that Hussein had WMD.

That said, I would have preferred President Bush kept the focus on killing OBL...

Iraq was crippled by two decades of war an sanctions. But, Saddam was trying to keep up appearances to keep Iran at bay.

Further, the Dual Containment Policy had worked for 20 years until Dumbass Bush came along.
Iraq was the biggest exporter of terror, including Iran until Saddam was forced from power.

I'm not sure where you get your talking points, but stop using them.

Totally and completely wrong.
NEVER did Saddam ever have anything to do with terrorism, and he considered himself a loyal ally.
Just try to tell us one example of Saddam being associated with terrorism, and we can get the truth to you.
Wow, are you fucking blind.

A funny phenomena is occurring in the GOP right now, these lying jackasses are all trying to act like they were against the War in Iraq, when we all remember that every single one of them across the board supported it 150%. They loved the war in Iraq. War in Iraq was their favorite thing ever.

I don't remember any republican at all what so ever, standing with me against the War in Iraq. I remember these idiot Trumpers calling my a traitor and unpatriotic because I was against the war.

Even a few years ago these people wouldn't admit that the war was a huge failure.

Now these pathetic liars try to act like they were against the war all along, that is how pathetic Trumpers are. These people don't even know what they support or oppose, they wait for Foxnews to tell them what to think, and then just go with it...

What they said then was that Iraq was a necessary war in order to get advantage in the war on terror.

We did NOT support nation-building. War means you go in, break everything, then go home.

So, stop your lies.

Not only had Saddam absolutely no part in terrorism, but he was fighting terrorism against al Qaeda in Iraq,
The group was founded by the Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in 1999, and survived only because he used the NE no fly zone of the Kurds, so Saddam could not attack him.
Holy fuck! Are you brainwashed or what? Saddam was spending millions of dollars on terrorism against Israel.
That's No reason to go to war in Iraq.

I have no clue why you idiot republicans were so obsessed with your war in Iraq. It was one of the biggest failures in US history. Every single republican was 100% guns blazing, lets go to war in Iraq. You retards loved the war in Iraq. Everyday you failures pumped the war in Iraq. If you opposed the war in Iraq you were labeled a Traitor, by the GOP and Fake Foxnews. Then we went to war in Iraq and Bush and the GOP totally fucked it up something fierce, then they crashed the economy.

The GOP is a total failure and embarrassment. All of the major problems in America are a direct result of failed GOP policy. The GOP has not had any success in the entire 21st Century.

If the case for war was NOT made solely on the basis of the WMDs, as we know is the case, then focusing solely on the hunt for the wmds, in the timing of the war, is misleading at best.

The case for the war was determined by W and it was solely on the basis of WMD. The hunt for WMDs began immediately following 1441 being passed. W’s timing for the war was based on the upcoming summer heat and he couldn’t wait till fall because by then the truth if no WMD was going to be out and W would have no case for war if he waited until the inspectors finished the Job in September.

The determination of whether or not Saddam was a threat to the US was given entirely to Bush.
It is all his fault and no one elses.
However I still blame Hillary for giving him that power.
I fully accepted hers, Biden’s and Kerry’s reason to vote yes on the AUMF.

In and before September 2002 the political scuttlebutt was that an invasion into Iraq was imminent. The Cheney wing had W’s ear.

We were at war with Iraq already as exemplified by the stepped up bombing of Iraq the entire summer of 2002.

The prevailing message out of the White House was an AUMF specific to Iraq was not necessary The 2001 War on Terror AUMF applied to IRAQ.

Then in September 2002 the breeze of peace began to blow up against the darker winds of war. The Powell talk was get UN backing mostly because Tony Blair couldn’t join the fight with the UN first trying to get the inspectors back into Iraq with the chance that SH will finally comply.

Bush gave a speech on OCT 7 in Cincinnati saying he wanted to avoid war but the only way that could happen was for Congress to give him the authority to invade if SH did not start cooperating.
“Later this week, the United States Congress will vote on this matter. I have asked Congress to authorize the use of America's military, if it proves necessary, to enforce U.N. Security Council demands. Approving this resolution does not mean that military action is imminent or unavoidable. The resolution will tell the United Nations, and all nations, that America speaks with one voice and is determined to make the demands of the civilized world mean something. Congress will also be sending a message to the dictator in Iraq: that his only chance -- his only choice is full compliance, and the time remaining for that choice is limited.”​

That speech made the yes vote not a decision in favor of war any more than it made a guarantee of peace. But it was a better shot at giving peace a chance than ignoring the UN altogether as Cheney want W to do..

We will never know if Bush backed down if Blair couldn’t go without a UN resolution But I kne this - the AUMF got inspectors back in and they would’ve found no WMD and thus no invasion if Bush listened to Biden in February 2003 when he opposed invading Iraq before summer without full UN support through a second resolution.

No. But I am going to front-end guess it. I am going to front-end guess it. I come down on the side of suggesting that another several months is not something that in any way appreciably increases any risk.​

Last edited:

So, stop your lies.

I have no clue why you idiot republicans were so obsessed with your war in Iraq. It was one of the biggest failures in US history. Every single republican was 100% guns blazing, lets go to war in Iraq. You retards loved the war in Iraq. Everyday you failures pumped the war in Iraq. If you opposed the war in Iraq you were labeled a Traitor, by the GOP and Fake Foxnews. Then we went to war in Iraq and Bush and the GOP totally fucked it up something fierce, then they crashed the economy.

The GOP is a total failure and embarrassment. All of the major problems in America are a direct result of failed GOP policy. The GOP has not had any success in the entire 21st Century.
Yeah, because we were at war with terror and those who promoted it. That's no reason to go to war!

Stupid fuck.

So, stop your lies.

Nonsense.
Saddam had absolutely nothing at all to do with any terrorism, ever.
But since Israel is a terrorist nation, I wish someone would do something about them.

So, stop your lies.

Yeah, because we were at war with terror and those who promoted it. That's no reason to go to war!

Stupid fuck.

The main source of terrorism in the MIdeast was the US.
The way we attacked Iraq was through "Shock and Awe" which was a deliberate war crime of attacking civilian infrastructure, food, water, sanitation, and power.
Iraq was totally innocent, and we were totally guilty.

he wasn’t bessie they found wmds he was hiding and of course the inspectors retired and reported he wasn’t
Is W lying here?

But Mr Bush admits that he was shocked when no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq. "No one was more shocked and angry than I was when we didn't find the weapons," he writes.
George W Bush had 'sickening feeling' over WMD lack

"I had a sickening feeling every time I thought about it. I still do."m
not at all...i expected to find more

i am sure it bothered him

All the inspectors said there were no WMD capabilities in Iraq.
The ONLY person who claimed there were besides the CIA, was Chalabi.
And he was a lying criminal wanted for bank fraud.
the inspectors weren’t sure as they reported saddam wasn’t fully cooperating

when did i say Bush said that? why are you lying?
I didnt say that you were saying W said it. The discussion is about Bush saying we found no WMD and your reply is that you thought we would have found more. When you say “found more” as if you missed the point that the most important person in the world who would be overjoyed if there were reports of finding any trace of WMD in Iraq it would be W.

i asked you that question to find out if you think Bush said that we found some but hoped we found more. What you believe us of no use to humanity because you are a liar.

Do you admit that Bush said we found no WMD abnd that you are a bold faced liar every time you say that any trace of WMD was found. Old rusty unusable artillery shells are not WMD. You are a liar when you say it because not even w will tell a lie like that. It too easy proven to be a lie for W I would guess.

when did i say Bush said that? why are you lying?
I didnt say that you were saying W said it. The discussion is about Bush saying we found no WMD and your reply is that you thought we would have found more. When you say “found more” as if you missed the point that the most important person in the world who would be overjoyed if there were reports of finding any trace of WMD in Iraq it would be W.

i asked you that question to find out if you think Bush said that we found some but hoped we found more. What you believe us of no use to humanity because you are a liar.

Do you admit that Bush said we found no WMD abnd that you are a bold faced liar every time you say that any trace of WMD was found. Old rusty unusable artillery shells are not WMD. You are a liar when you say it because not even w will tell a lie like that. It too easy proven to be a lie for W I would guess.
all i know is we found some that saddam was hiding

why was your boss hiding them and not turning them over?

the inspectors weren’t sure as they reported saddam wasn’t fully cooperating
You are lying by omission because weeks prior to the start of Blitzkrieg Shock and Awe the inspectors reported full proactive cooperation. You cite inspectors from January who said cooperation on process was fully engaged. Cooperation on substance (attitude) was lacking.

You fail to cite that in February Blix reported proactive cooperation on substance as well You are a liar.,

You were trying to make a point about MY support for a past policy, and when I answer you seriously and honestly, you pivot and make a "counter point" that the BUSH administration did not care about that.

Bush was not waiting to decide if the UN Inspectors were able to uncover proof that SH was making payments to families of suicide bombers after 1441 was passed.

How do you explain Bush telling reporters that he will make a determination that it will be necessary to invade Iraq as stipulated in the AUMF only on the basis of whether the IRAQ regime is not going to be disarmed peacefully. And on March 6 2003 Bush stated clearly he had not made a determination that war was necessary for any other reason than WMD. And that would include payments to suicide bomber families.

Fourteen forty-one, the Security Council resolution passed unanimously last fall, said clearly that Saddam Hussein has one last chance to disarm. He hasn't disarmed. And so we're working with Security Council members to resolve this issue at the Security Council.​
Our demands are that Saddam Hussein disarm. We hope he does. We have worked with the international community to convince him to disarm. If he doesn't disarm, we'll disarm him.​

That last statement will never fit in the context of reality at the time if W was to say:

“If he doesn't stop making payments to suicide bomber families, we'll disarm him.”

The 1441 inspections were not in regards to payments. It was never a justification for war.

but he wasn’t...
But in reality he was. It was not SH who was. It was the president of United States who was lying. The overall point is W had no intention of invading Iraq other than on the basis that SH was hiding WMD from the 1441 inspectors. W did not invade Iraq to liberate it. The March 6 press conference makes that clear. W invaded Iraq because HE suspected WMD was being hidden there.

That a man focuses on one reason for doing something does not mean that there are not other reasons for doing it.

but he wasn’t...
But in reality he was. It was not SH who was. It was the president of United States who was lying. The overall point is W had no intention of invading Iraq other than on the basis that SH was hiding WMD from the 1441 inspectors. W did not invade Iraq to liberate it. The March 6 press conference makes that clear. W invaded Iraq because HE suspected WMD was being hidden there.

That a man focuses on one reason for doing something does not mean that there are not other reasons for doing it.
Don't try to reason with Bob....

Don't know, don't care, at this point.

if you do not care why did you bring this in to the conversation?

His personal, informal statement does not trump the formal carefully crafted full justification for the war, laid out in the Authorization.

And now you say you don’t care if that authorization meant W could determine that an invasion of Iraq is not necessary if the WMD issue was resolved as he said he hoped it was going to be on March 6 2003.

That is the way of people. A normal person will be willing to answer a question from a person, but an irrational person, perhaps with aspergers, will keep asking increasingly pointless questions and exhaust the patience of the normal person.

Especially when the topic is decades old and the irrational person is focusing on minute and irrelevant details, for stupid and irrational reasons.

Forum List

Back