Diner Takes Down Bacon Sign That Offended Muslim Woman

1298104717_bacon_nativity.jpg
I'm sure the woman in the OP will find this Bacon Nativity Scene especially horrible.

View attachment 31390
I'm tempted to have my car painted like BACON.
:badgrin:

That made me laugh. thanks

There isn't anything that isn't better Wrapped In Bacon.

Green does NOT inspire thoughts of bacon, actually.

Hey! Green EGGS and Bacon (or Ham)!

Bacon, eggs & hashbrowns sounds better; again, I think the woman could look away. However, the owner may be pushing a salad bar (high cost to start; then, mostly profit), so he/she caved. Also, the photographer mentioned does little but offend. I have she/he/it on natural IGNORE.

So you don't even grasp that pisschrist and the Virgin Mary in elephant shit is an attack on Christians? You just think it's how people act?

Yeah, bullshit.

You leftists don't create a "Piss Muhammad" because the Muslims are savages and you fear that your head will be separated from your body on Al Jazeera with a dull knife, if you treat your allies the way you treat Christians.

What does that have to do with this non story? They are in no way related. One was art in a private gallery, the other a sign on a public street.

View attachment 31390
I'm tempted to have my car painted like BACON.
:badgrin:

That made me laugh. thanks

There isn't anything that isn't better Wrapped In Bacon.

Green does NOT inspire thoughts of bacon, actually.

Hey! Green EGGS and Bacon (or Ham)!

Bacon, eggs & hashbrowns sounds better; again, I think the woman could look away. However, the owner may be pushing a salad bar (high cost to start; then, mostly profit), so he/she caved. Also, the photographer mentioned does little but offend. I have she/he/it on natural IGNORE.

I suspect the owner didn't want to risk the legal exposure if this thing blew out of control.

This hypersensitive grievance seeking aspect to our culture truly is a mark of decline.

The point is the restaurant capitulating to these scumbags. Of course the real point is seeing how the liberals do not attack the muslim like they do Christians when Christians are offended by certain things.

They yell and yap about how Christians are humorless scumbags when a movie like Dogma is put out or when some artist puts a crucifix in his own piss, and when Scorcese makes a movie depicting Christ having sex. All of a sudden it does not matter one fucking bit about Christians. They are the bad ones for standing against any artistic expression.

That is the true point about this.

1.) Liberals know that Christians won't behead liberals.
2.) For liberals, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, hence their faux adoration of Muslims - any ally against conservative Christians.

So you don't even grasp that pisschrist and the Virgin Mary in elephant shit is an attack on Christians? You just think it's how people act?

Yeah, bullshit.

You leftists don't create a "Piss Muhammad" because the Muslims are savages and you fear that your head will be separated from your body on Al Jazeera with a dull knife, if you treat your allies the way you treat Christians.

What does that have to do with this non story? They are in no way related. One was art in a private gallery, the other a sign on a public street.

Uh, tax payers sponsored "Piss Christ"...we didn't pay for the Bacon sign.

Piss Christ is a 1987 photograph by the American artist and photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition,[1] which was sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects, without controlling content.

Piss Christ - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This is a very important subject. I am amazed that we haven't had more threads about it!
Probably because these instances of Islamization don't get publicized much. The news media is afraid of Muslims, due to the prevalence of Muslim Brotherhood front groups and their propensity to file lawsuits. As well, many just don't want to be branded as a "bigot", stupid as that may be.

Let's see...no government action was taken. They were asked nicely to take it down and did. Where is the controversy?
ISLAMIZATION is the controversy. The Muslim Brotherhood's plan to destroy America and turn it into an Islamic state. Have you been living in a closet the past 15 years ?

Vermont diner takes down bacon sign after it offends Muslim residents
The Sneakers Bistro in Winooski, Vt. put up a sign that read 'YIELD FOR BACON' after planting flowers in a traffic median along Main Street, but a comment by a Muslim woman prompted its removal because it offended those who don’t eat pork, she claimed.

It wasn’t a greasy slab of bacon that stirred up controversy for a Vermont diner, but a road sign advertising that offended a member of the town’s Muslim community.

The Sneakers Bistro got its pick of a sign to stake into a prime traffic median along Winooski’s Main Street after dolling up the bed with annual flowers for the city of Winooski’s “Operation Bloom” volunteer program.

The sign that read “YIELD FOR BACON” was installed in June, according to a cached Facebook post, but it wasn’t until August that a Muslim resident of Winooski claimed the sign was insensitive to those who do not consume pork.

The diner simply took a cue from the thick-cuts, Canadian-style and even turkey bacon listed on their breakfast and lunch menu for the sign’s inspiration.

Vermont diner takes down bacon sign after it offends Muslim residents - NY Daily News

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

bacon25n-1-web.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, are we officially under sharia law?

Let us watch folks, how the liberals defend the poor muslim offended by the word....

BACON.

There was no legal force here,so if a private company chooses to respond to a customer's wishes so be it.

By the same token no one should complain in a similar situation if a company declines to remove the sign.
You're missing the point. It's about Muslims bringing a foreign sick culture to the US, and IMPOSING it on Americans, and expecting us to adapt to THEM (AKA Islamization)

The point is the restaurant capitulating to these scumbags. Of course the real point is seeing how the liberals do not attack the muslim like they do Christians when Christians are offended by certain things.

They yell and yap about how Christians are humorless scumbags when a movie like Dogma is put out or when some artist puts a crucifix in his own piss, and when Scorcese makes a movie depicting Christ having sex. All of a sudden it does not matter one fucking bit about Christians. They are the bad ones for standing against any artistic expression.

That is the true point about this.
It's been a great week for the muslim people of the world.

First the victory of Hamas over Israel in Gaza.

And now the removal of an offensive Bacon sign in a small town of Vermont. ..... :thup:
Stupid. HA HA. So very stupid.

Yup! It's happened again, folks. Another foolish over-tolerant American, gives in to another UNtolerant Muslim, demanding that things be done the Muslim way, over the American way. It happened in a diner in Winooski, Vermont, when a Muslim woman who described herself as a “vegan and a member of a Muslim household” called a sign advertising bacon, offensive, the Burlington Free Press reported.

HA HA. How many times have we heard that word ? > ("offensive") So instead of the diner owner simply telling the woman "Sorry, but we don't have any restrictions on bacon in the USA," this dumbo caved in to this amazingly rude Muslim woman and not only took down the sign, but also apologized to her.

This act of cowardice, and disrespect for all Americans, was backed up by the town manager — using words like diversity and tolerance and dialogue.
“Winooski is a diverse community, and we like it that way,” city manager Katherine Decarreau told the Burlington Free Press.

Well, sorry Katherine, but diversity is one thing, Dumping American culture (the foods we eat) in order to appease the demands of a foreign culture is downright traitorous and disrepectful to the American people (last time I checked, Vermont was still part of America). How about asking the Muslim woman to exhibit a bit of "tolerance" herself for the WAY WE DO THINGS, here in America ? This reminds me of the infamous Lina Morales-Rising Star incident that blew up over a BLT sandwich.

Needless to say this little chunk of
Islamization (like thousands of others before it) enraged many citizens who fired off letters of disapproval. A Todd Starnes (author of the link article) said >> "This is America. We love bacon. If you have a problem with that, then feel free to head to the border. And don’t let the bacon grease hit you on the way out. May God Bless America – liberty and bacon for all!"

May God Bless America – liberty and bacon for all!

Vermont Diner Takes Down Bacon Sign That Offended Muslim Woman Fox News Insider
Posting the same garbage across multiple forums used to be considered spam.
I see no reason why that would be the case. Maybe that's why it "used to be" :laugh:

Pretty funny to see all the lefties on this thread deflecting to the (obvious) "rights" involved and not on the cultural/societal ramifications of this.

They're so pro-business ("it's up to the business to decide to take the sign down") when it involves PC. On pretty much anything ELSE, though, F-U-C-K the business.

Also amusing to see them being so supportive of the sensitivity of a religion - when it's the right religion.

In-fucking-credible.

Exactly
I'm Jewish and I'm not offended. I simply don't eat bacon. Someone else wants to? Great, go for it.
The problem isn't the Muslim being offended. He can be as offended as he likes. The problem is the store owner caving in to it.

I agree with half of your comment. I agree the bistro were pussies for caving, but I also blame the Muslim woman. She knows "bacon" is throughout our culture here, and a staple of the American diet. She should either accept that, or move. We shouldn't have to bend to her wills simply because she was offended. Especially when you consider what a tiny minority Muslims are here.

And by the way, if Muslims TRULY want to be accepted by all Americans, and viewed along side all of us as just being another American, this sure the hell was not the way to go about it. This will only make other Americans resent Muslims even more than they already do.

Many Muslims do NOT want to be accepted by all Americans, and viewed along side all of us as just being another American. quite the contrary, they want to continue doing everything 100% Muslim, and have the incredible audacity of demanding that we do things THEIR ludicrous, immoral, and in many ways ILLEGAL ways.

Pretty funny to see all the lefties on this thread deflecting to the (obvious) "rights" involved and not on the cultural/societal ramifications of this.

They're so pro-business ("it's up to the business to decide to take the sign down") when it involves PC. On pretty much anything ELSE, though, F-U-C-K the business.

Also amusing to see them being so supportive of the sensitivity of a religion - when it's the right religion.

In-fucking-credible.

Exactly
I'm Jewish and I'm not offended. I simply don't eat bacon. Someone else wants to? Great, go for it.
The problem isn't the Muslim being offended. He can be as offended as he likes. The problem is the store owner caving in to it.

I agree with half of your comment. I agree the bistro were pussies for caving, but I also blame the Muslim woman. She knows "bacon" is throughout our culture here, and a staple of the American diet. She should either accept that, or move. We shouldn't have to bend to her wills simply because she was offended. Especially when you consider what a tiny minority Muslims are here.

And by the way, if Muslims TRULY want to be accepted by all Americans, and viewed along side all of us as just being another American, this sure the hell was not the way to go about it. This will only make other Americans resent Muslims even more than they already do.
It really doesn't matter to most muslims whether you hate them or not.

We have our own set of intrinsic values that we follow regardless of what other people think. ... :cool:
Does that include ALL of what's in the Koran ?

Yeah, bullshit.

You are not in tune, in this thread.

While I agree its stupid, and the Muslim should get the fuck over it or move back to that hell hole over there........

It is the business owner's right to take it down if she wants.

I understand that the store owner has the right, but my big beef with this is that I am tired of the strictest people in the country setting all of the parameters for everyone else.

I (quite correctly) believe smoking kills people. I don't go around 'demanding' that these would-be murderers remove their attempts to murder people. Why? Because I can always not smoke at my choosing; no one is forcing me to buy smokes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back