Diner Takes Down Bacon Sign That Offended Muslim Woman

Regarding the owner's statement:

“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety. Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere.”​

Why wasn't this a difficult decision? This is giving in to the Heckler's Veto. The owner OBVIOUSLY thought the sign was a good idea when he put it up. What is his standard here? Only one person objecting and he backtracks? If one person complalned about eggs would he submit to that person's Heckler's Veto? I doubt it. The key here is that a Muslim did the complaining - that's what made removal "not a difficult decision." Don't offend the Muslims and they won't attack you. He though is safe in ignoring a Vegan's call to not serve eggs or meat because the Vegan is offended.
He's still serving bacon on his property.
He's removed a sign out in the street which is what the complaint was about.
Where were the Vegans in the article?

The woman who complained identified herself as "a vegan and a member of a Muslim household".
Granted, I'll expand...where was the "Vegan's call to not serve eggs or meat because the Vegan is offended."?

He caved to the Heckler's veto from a Muslim. Not a difficult decision says he. Would he also cave to a Heckler's veto from a Fruitarian? He has no problem, says he, of caving into Heckler's veto. I bet he does though. He'd likely tell the Fruitarian to piss off.

I'd be willing to bet the complaint was based more on veganism than on being a muslim.

I've known plenty of muslims, and they never mentioned anything when I talk or post about bacon. Vegans, on the other hand, have often called me a murderer for my fondness for the candy of the meat world.

“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety. Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere.”​

Why wasn't this a difficult decision? This is giving in to the Heckler's Veto. The owner OBVIOUSLY thought the sign was a good idea when he put it up. What is his standard here? Only one person objecting and he backtracks? If one person complalned about eggs would he submit to that person's Heckler's Veto? I doubt it. The key here is that a Muslim did the complaining - that's what made removal "not a difficult decision." Don't offend the Muslims and they won't attack you. He though is safe in ignoring a Vegan's call to not serve eggs or meat because the Vegan is offended.
He's still serving bacon on his property.
He's removed a sign out in the street which is what the complaint was about.
Where were the Vegans in the article?

The woman who complained identified herself as "a vegan and a member of a Muslim household".
Granted, I'll expand...where was the "Vegan's call to not serve eggs or meat because the Vegan is offended."?

He caved to the Heckler's veto from a Muslim. Not a difficult decision says he. Would he also cave to a Heckler's veto from a Fruitarian? He has no problem, says he, of caving into Heckler's veto. I bet he does though. He'd likely tell the Fruitarian to piss off.
I bet that all your guesses are correct.

I'd be willing to bet the complaint was based more on veganism than on being a muslim.

I've known plenty of muslims, and they never mentioned anything when I talk or post about bacon. Vegans, on the other hand, have often called me a murderer for my fondness for the candy of the meat world.

POLICE are understood to have confiscated a collection of porcelain pigs from the front window of a woman's house in the same road as Leicester's main mosque following a complaint from local Muslims that the display was offensive.​

Removing the sign was another victory on the road to making America a muslim nation.

Without the evil of bacon western civilization will crumble and the infidels will flock to Islam. ..... :cool:

No beer? No bacon? And the women must be covered except for their eyes?

Nah, it'll never catch on.

That's right . Especially the women and eyes part. :laugh:

What makes you think the woman who voiced the complaint wasn't a town resident?

Because she wasn't even an American.. Muslims like her don't have states or nations, as we know them. They have only one "nation" of a sort. The Umma (worldwide community of Muslims)

From the People's Republic of Vermont you expect something different?

C'mon.........

Actually, my first wife was from Vermont. And I am VERY surprised that any one up there caved in to the whinings of an out-of-stater.

The "whiner" was not an "out of stater".

The people whining about the whiner, on the other hand...
Sure she was an out of stater (and a non-American too) She's a radical Muslim, whose only "state" is the Umma.

Yup! It's happened again, folks. Another foolish over-tolerant American, gives in to another UNtolerant Muslim, demanding that things be done the Muslim way, over the American way. It happened in a diner in Winooski, Vermont, when a Muslim woman who described herself as a “vegan and a member of a Muslim household” called a sign advertising bacon, offensive, the Burlington Free Press reported.

HA HA. How many times have we heard that word ? > ("offensive") So instead of the diner owner simply telling the woman "Sorry, but we don't have any restrictions on bacon in the USA," this dumbo caved in to this amazingly rude Muslim woman and not only took down the sign, but also apologized to her.

This act of cowardice, and disrespect for all Americans, was backed up by the town manager — using words like diversity and tolerance and dialogue.
“Winooski is a diverse community, and we like it that way,” city manager Katherine Decarreau told the Burlington Free Press.

Well, sorry Katherine, but diversity is one thing, Dumping American culture (the foods we eat) in order to appease the demands of a foreign culture is downright traitorous and disrepectful to the American people (last time I checked, Vermont was still part of America). How about asking the Muslim woman to exhibit a bit of "tolerance" herself for the WAY WE DO THINGS, here in America ? This reminds me of the infamous Lina Morales-Rising Star incident that blew up over a BLT sandwich.

Needless to say this little chunk of
Islamization (like thousands of others before it) enraged many citizens who fired off letters of disapproval. A Todd Starnes (author of the link article) said >> "This is America. We love bacon. If you have a problem with that, then feel free to head to the border. And don’t let the bacon grease hit you on the way out. May God Bless America – liberty and bacon for all!"

May God Bless America – liberty and bacon for all!

Vermont Diner Takes Down Bacon Sign That Offended Muslim Woman Fox News Insider

Tad paranoid aren't you?

That's the common view of those who don't know much about Islamization (and don't know how much they don't know)

The restaurateur is well trained. Notice he remarked about violence. When a Muslim complains about something we all know that there is a real world possibility of violence backing that complaint.

This guy would rather be spineless than risk having Muslim vengeance visitited upon him. Muslims use this to their great advantage.

:lol:

You think that the owner of the restaurant is afraid of "Muslim vengeance" in Winooski, Vermont?

Um yeah. From the restaurant owner's facebook statement:

The national outrage seemed to cause angst among the owners of the diner. They posted a message on Facebook:

You see what you want to see in their statement, but the fact of the matter is there are less than 500 Muslims in the entire state. I think you're projecting your personal fear of Muslims on to them.
Gee only 500 Muslims huh ? :lame2::laugh:

EARTH TO DOC: The World Trade Center towers were knocked down, and the the Pentagon was badly damaged by 19 terrorists. The massacre of 13 soldiers and wounding of 35 more at Fort Hood, TX, was done by ONE jihad lunatic.

Also, note that there have been thousands of instance of Islamization perpetrated against Americans in the 23 years since the Muslim Brotherhood declared its stealth war on America in their infamous Explanatory Memorandum. Since then, their non-violent jihad has resulted in hundreds of court cases in which the jihadists first go "judge-shopping". Then when they find the judge they want, they file suit. This has been their primary tactic, for years.

The victim whom they attack then faces expensive attorney fees and other costs of litigation, and usually suffers great lo$$, just in the effort to defend himself, even if he wins the case. And some cases are won by the Muslim plaintiffs, due to the favorable judges hand-picked by the Muslims.

The list of victims of this stealth jihad (AKA Islamization) is long, and includes quite a few well-endowed businesses who backed down from the Islamists >> Examples >>

1. Paramount Pictures (Sum of All Fears case)

2. University of Michigan (footwashing basins)

3. WMAL-AM Radio (Michael Graham case_

4. DePaul University (Thomas Klocek case)

5. The Pentagon (Stephen Coughlin case)

Last edited:

Well, according to the owner, it wasn't a "difficult decision" because the sign had been made irrelevant due to changes in traffic patterns.

Sneakers owner Marc Dysinger replied that the sign was meant to be fun and to show that the restaurant cares about Winooski and the gardens, but that it had lost its "relevance" due to recent traffic changes at the rotary. He apologized for the controversy.
Wher did you pick THAT up from ?

The restaurateur is well trained. Notice he remarked about violence. When a Muslim complains about something we all know that there is a real world possibility of violence backing that complaint.

This guy would rather be spineless than risk having Muslim vengeance visitited upon him. Muslims use this to their great advantage.

You think that the owner of the restaurant is afraid of "Muslim vengeance" in Winooski, Vermont?

Something about Winooski, Vermont that makes it different from the rest of America ? (which is vulnerable to jihadist Muslims)

Something about Winooski, Vermont that makes it different from the rest of America ? (which is vulnerable to jihadist Muslims)

Isn't it plain for everyone to see? This is an application of the symmetric property of liberalism. It works like this - because the residents of Winooski are such a reasonable lot it follows that the Muslims who live there are also reasonable. See, if Obama had been smart he would have released the Gitmo prisoners into Winooski and by the application of the symmetric property of liberalism, they'd have all turned into gay-loving, espresso-sipping, patchouli oil reeking, liberals.

Isn't it plain for everyone to see? This is an application of the symmetric property of liberalism. It works like this - because the residents of Winooski are such a reasonable lot it follows that the Muslims who live there are also reasonable. See, if Obama had been smart he would have released the Gitmo prisoners into Winooski and by the application of the symmetric property of liberalism, they'd have all turned into gay-loving, espresso-sipping, patchouli oil reeking, liberals.
You're the one making the claim that the guy is terrified of Muslims.
There's nothing in the story to indicate that.
You're kicking against your own imagined scenario.

Vermont diner takes down bacon sign after it offends Muslim residents
The Sneakers Bistro in Winooski, Vt. put up a sign that read 'YIELD FOR BACON' after planting flowers in a traffic median along Main Street, but a comment by a Muslim woman prompted its removal because it offended those who don’t eat pork, she claimed.

It wasn’t a greasy slab of bacon that stirred up controversy for a Vermont diner, but a road sign advertising that offended a member of the town’s Muslim community.

The Sneakers Bistro got its pick of a sign to stake into a prime traffic median along Winooski’s Main Street after dolling up the bed with annual flowers for the city of Winooski’s “Operation Bloom” volunteer program.

The sign that read “YIELD FOR BACON” was installed in June, according to a cached Facebook post, but it wasn’t until August that a Muslim resident of Winooski claimed the sign was insensitive to those who do not consume pork.

The diner simply took a cue from the thick-cuts, Canadian-style and even turkey bacon listed on their breakfast and lunch menu for the sign’s inspiration.

Vermont diner takes down bacon sign after it offends Muslim residents - NY Daily News

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

bacon25n-1-web.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, are we officially under sharia law?

Let us watch folks, how the liberals defend the poor muslim offended by the word....

BACON.

Forum List

Back