Disney stock down 33% since starting their beef with Florida in 2022

Hey, you can try to say 33% of something isn't a significant number, and belongs in the ebbs and flows of a year... but I don't think much others outside of your "defend Disney's bad numbers because it's woke" bubble will buy it.

You can think what you want.

Here's something to chew on. Bob Iger is a pretty experienced CEO - forgot more about business in a few minutes than you or I have learned in a decade or two. He's not bending over for Meatball Ron or his dipshit anti-woke supporters. So what does that tell you?

You can think what you want.

Here's something to chew on. Bob Iger is a pretty experienced CEO - forgot more about business in a few minutes than you or I have learned in a decade or two. He's not bending over for Meatball Ron or his dipshit anti-woke supporters. So what does that tell you?
He actually doesn't care at all about DeSantis.. although it's clear you have a major obsession with him... his recent decisions to ax Disney projects are all well known before any political issues existed.

You fell for the media misinformation? LMAO... how cute.

You think Disney, a global company, gives a shit about Florida? They will leave Florida if they have to.
LMAO!!!

Yes, I'm sure they'll spend the billions it would take to move the rides, coasters, etc to another state.

LMAO!!!

Do you have Disney Stock?

If so, how do you say that when it's down by so much?

I do not unless my work 401k has some mixed in with it. I do not personally invest in any entertainment companies. I tend to stick to tech and medical/pharm stocks.

I do not unless my work 401k has some mixed in with it. I do not personally invest in any entertainment companies. I tend to stick to tech and medical/pharm stocks.
Good for you. If you did you'd be losing a lot of money.

Probably not good to bet on companies that are pushing woke things right now.. eh?

You think Disney, a global company, gives a shit about Florida? They will leave Florida if they have to.

They have no reason to leave Florida and too much invested there to do so. At best they will just quit adding more investments but really all they have to do is ride out DeSantis. He has 3 years left max.

Good for you. If you did you'd be losing a lot of money.

Probably not good to bet on companies that are pushing woke things right now.. eh?

I have invested in a lot of these companies.

Ok. Where are they going to go? Anywhere else in the US Central East for year-round warmth is even more considered more conservative than Florida.

Ok. Where are they going to go? Anywhere else in the US Central East for year-round warmth is even more considered more conservative than Florida.
They have no reason to leave Florida and too much invested there to do so. At best they will just quit adding more investments but really all they have to do is ride out DeSantis. He has 3 years left max.
that is what they will most likely do.

LMAO!!!

Yes, I'm sure they'll spend the billions it would take to move the rides, coasters, etc to another state.

LMAO!!!

They absolutely would do it -- if a dumbshit governor is dumb enough to make them.

You clearly don't get out much. I've been to 3 Disney parks. The one in Florida which you're thinking of and also the one in CA and Tokyo.

If you think Disney needs Florida, well, keep thinking that. They don't. They have liked Florida because 99% of the time they've had politicians in that state who understood the symbiotic relationship that existed between the state and the company.

Ok. Where are they going to go?

BAWHWHAHAHAHAHAH

That proves what an absolute fucking moron you are for asking that question.

Anywhere else in the US Central East for year-round warmth is even more considered more conservative than Florida.

Florida is being battered by hurricanes, to the point where pretty soon, insurance companies aren't even going to insure homes there.

Honestly, Disney already has 99 reasons to leave Florida, but they haven't thought of it because until about a year or two ago, they and Florida realized they had a great thing going.

BAWHWHAHAHAHAHAH

That proves what an absolute fucking moron you are for asking that question.

It was a valid question. Where would they move to that would give them the year round good weather

Florida is being battered by hurricanes, to the point where pretty soon, insurance companies aren't even going to insure homes there.

When is the last time Orlando took damage from a hurricane?

They absolutely would do it -- if a dumbshit governor is dumb enough to make them.

You clearly don't get out much. I've been to 3 Disney parks. The one in Florida which you're thinking of and also the one in CA and Tokyo.

If you think Disney needs Florida, well, keep thinking that. They don't. They have liked Florida because 99% of the time they've had politicians in that state who understood the symbiotic relationship that existed between the state and the company.

And they will again when DeSanits is gone and forgotten

Still it is the stock market. They were going down prior to the beef with the governor. It goes down and then it goes up. Stock market prices for all have been down as it was a bad year in 2022. Granted Disney losses were higher. The pandemic effect has more to do with it than a beef with the governor. Republican will make a big deal about it. Still there some movies coming out that will put politics in its place. It probably a good time to buy.

file.png

Forecast is strong for the future and people invest to make money, Avatar: The way of the water is coming back and it expected to be a money maker. I know I will see it. I probably will not go to the theater but will wait for it to be streamed. People still go to the theme park if they are in Florida.

Still it is the stock market. They were going down prior to the beef with the governor. It goes down and then it goes up. Stock market prices for all have been down as it was a bad year in 2022. Granted Disney losses were higher. The pandemic effect has more to do with it than a beef with the governor. Republican will make a big deal about it. Still there some movies coming out that will put politics in its place. It probably a good time to buy.

file.png

Forecast is strong for the future and people invest to make money, Avatar: The way of the water is coming back and it expected to be a money maker. I know I will see it. I probably will not go to the theater but will wait for it to be streamed. People still go to the theme park if they are in Florida.

Avatar came out on December 16, 2022

It was a valid question. Where would they move to that would give them the year round good weather
When is the last time Orlando took damage from a hurricane?

If Ronnie DeLight makes Orlando inhospitable for business, they will invest elsewhere. You're thinking locally, not globally. Again, Disney isn't a Florida business. They're not even a national business. They are a global entertainment company.

Obviously, Disney doesn't want it to come to this, but then again, they're not the ones picking the fight. If Meatball Ron pushes and pushes on Disney, they'll start moving their shit elsewhere. Not overnight, but over time. And once that happens, Florida can't just apologize and call it all off.

Forum List

Back