DNC: Ann Romney 'never worked a day in her life'

It sounds like that, huh? What color is the sky in your world.
Red herrings - brigning up the irrelevant in order to misdirect the conversation - are a certain sign of desparation.

Care to explain how Ann Romney's employment record is relevant to the election?

That is an incorrect use of the term "red herring", as the person is simply making a sarcastic statement on your sanity, and not providing a misleading piece of information.

StrawMan would have been much closer than red herring.

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Red herring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Red herrings - brigning up the irrelevant in order to misdirect the conversation - are a certain sign of desparation.
That is an incorrect use of the term "red herring", as the person is simply making a sarcastic statement on your sanity, and not providing a misleading piece of information.
You misunderstand.
The (non-)issue of Ann Romney's employment record is the red herring.
Red herrings are a sign of desparation.

So.... the argument is that a man who makes enough money so that his wife can stay at home and not work is... what?

Out of touch with the issues faced by the majority of Americans?
An elitist snob that cannot care about anyone not of his class?
What?

And because of this, he is not qualified to be President?
How so?

No, the argument is:

If a man makes a lot of money, and hires a nanny and a maid to take care of and clean up after the kids, then his wife will not be a good person to ask when it comes to information on what being a housewife is like.

Which has been the point all along. And it is a factual point when applied to Ann Romney.

She has neither worked a job, or worked to take care of the Romney children, as she had servants to do that for her.
So, I ask again:

Following the democrat line of reasoning, a black man cannot govern a nation that's majority white because he cannot relate to the issues white people face and is out of touch with the concerns of white people.

So, in your mind, black people and white people do not have shared experiences?

A black person is just so different than a white person that they have to ability to do the same job that a white person does?

How does this apply to not having any experience in either raising a family or working at a job, and then being referred to as an expert on the subject of the experiences of the average woman?

Pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers. The lineup has changed occasionally over the years, beginning with the introduction of blue diamonds in 1975. Purple horseshoes joined the roster in 1984, followed by red balloons in 1989, rainbows in 1992, pots of gold in 1994, leprechaun hats in 1996 (temporarily replaced the green clovers), orange shooting stars in 1998 (added blue, green, yellow, purple, and red in 2011.), and an hourglass in 2008.[2]

And 2012 we have Red Herrings. :cuckoo:

Following the democrat line of reasoning, a black man cannot govern a nation that's majority white because he cannot relate to the issues white people face and is out of touch with the concerns of white people.

No, but rich people like Bush and Romney can't relate to us who weren't born with silver spoons in our mouths.

To them we are all n*gg#4s.

You misunderstand.

Ahh, now I see. My bad.

Though I'm thinking Pilgrim's right about the Strawman thing.

Be that as it may, Mrs Romney's employment was only brought up in the first place because Mitt Romney referred to her as an expert on the average woman's experience, in that he claimed that she was his chief advisor in the matter.

So, it was not a "red herring" or a "strawman" as it was directly related to the issue at hand, and Mitt Romney brought it up in the first place.

So.... the argument is that a man who makes enough money so that his wife can stay at home and not work is... what?

Out of touch with the issues faced by the majority of Americans?
An elitist snob that cannot care about anyone not of his class?
What?

And because of this, he is not qualified to be President?
How so?

No, the argument is:

If a man makes a lot of money, and hires a nanny and a maid to take care of and clean up after the kids, then his wife will not be a good person to ask when it comes to information on what being a housewife is like.

Which has been the point all along. And it is a factual point when applied to Ann Romney.

She has neither worked a job, or worked to take care of the Romney children, as she had servants to do that for her.
So, I ask again:

You'd have to ask Mitt Romney that question... as he's the one who claimed she was his chief adviser on the subject.

You misunderstand.
Ahh, now I see. My bad.
I guess it depends - and it -could- be both.

Be that as it may, Mrs Romney's employment was only brought up in the first place because Mitt Romney referred to her as an expert on the average woman's experience, in that he claimed that she was his chief advisor in the matter.

So, it was not a "red herring" or a "strawman" as it was directly related to the issue at hand, and Mitt Romney brought it up in the first place.
So, it is relevant to the election so far as Mitt asks his wife about her opinions, beliefs and experiences regarding certain issues.
Well, that changes MY mind about why I should vote for The Obama.
[/sarcasm]

No, the argument is:

So, I ask again:
You'd have to ask Mitt Romney that question... as he's the one who claimed she was his chief adviser on the subject.
I don't believe that Mitt has made any direct issue of her employment record or her advice on same.

No...
Why not? In specific terms, what's the difference?

Doesn't matter if you are black or white. Only if you are poor, middle class or rich.

Doesn't matter if you are gay or straight. only if you are poor middle class or rich.

Doesn't matter if you are a muslim, christian, mormon or Jew. Only rich, poor or Middle class.

Doesn't matter if you are a man or woman.

Michael Jackson was right.

Following my thinking?

Bush would rather live next to Herman Cain, Puff Daddy, Obama, Colon Powell, Condy Rice or Allen Keys than live next door to you.

And some rich people have empathy and some don't. So in a way you are right. There are a lot of good rich people out there. Romney's just not one of them. And I'm not saying he isn't a good person. He probably is. Just horrible for America and the middle class. I don't need to stereotype. I just need to look at his positions on the issues.

So, I ask again:
I don't believe that Mitt has made any direct issue of her employment record or her advice on same.

He told the reporter that they would have to ask his wife. So she's one of his spokespeople. He made her a target. Just like Hillary, Michelle, Laura, Barbara and Nancy were targets. Or McCain or Dole's wives. Now all of the sudden wives are off limits? I wish you would have nominated Michelle Bachmann so we could have gone after her gay husband. Then you would have said Democrats are attacking gay people. When in reality we are just going after self loathing gay people.

Doesn't matter if you are black or white. Only if you are poor, middle class or rich.
Doesn't matter if you are gay or straight. only if you are poor middle class or rich.
Doesn't matter if you are a muslim, christian, mormon or Jew. Only rich, poor or Middle class.
Following my thinking?
Perfectly:
You know you cannot explain the difference and you think that your response, above, will effectively hide that fact.

So... what's the difference?

He told the reporter that they would have to ask his wife.
Still looking for an explanation as to what her -employment record- has to do with it, as (AFAIK) Mitt has made no direct issue of it or her advice on same.

You misunderstand.
Ahh, now I see. My bad.

So, it is relevant to the election so far as Mitt asks his wife about her opinions, beliefs and experiences regarding certain issues.
[/sarcasm]

Nope. It was Mitt telling the story of what he heard from his wife that women are concerned with the ecomony. Not that he asked for her opinion or that she gave him her opinion, but that he brought up the subject that his wife said, or he heard his wife.

Following my thinking?
Perfectly:
You know you cannot explain the difference and you think that your response, above, will effectively hide that fact.

Who cares. Moving on....

I wish every woman had the options that Ann Romney has. Not necessarily the quarter billion dollars, though that would be nice—just the option to raise children if that’s their preference. In terms of their economic policies, the Republicans don’t want to give working women the option of just being able to raise their children. And under the Republicans’ social policies, women don’t even have the option of choosing if and when to have kids.

Read more: Randi Rhodes

Following my thinking?
Perfectly:

Who cares. Moving on....
I accept your concession of the point and applaud your embracement of the idea that, following the democrat line of reasoning, a black man cannot govern a nation that's majority white because he cannot relate to the issues white people face and is out of touch with the concerns of white people.

:clap2:

Ahh, now I see. My bad.

[/sarcasm]
Nope. It was Mitt telling the story of what he heard from his wife that women are concerned with the ecomony. Not that he asked for her opinion or that she gave him her opinion, but that he brought up the subject that his wife said, or he heard his wife.
:dunno:
Well, that SURE changes MY mind about why I should vote for The Obama.

Ahh, now I see. My bad.

[/sarcasm]

His wife would have a perspective he does'nt, by being in the company of lots of other women.
I am pretty sure they talk about things other than the kids and recipes... how insulting of the left to discount her ability to observe the world around her.

Forum List

Back