Do absentee ballot voters have to show picture ID?

Drinking hasnt been a national security issue since prohibition. How old are you?
but the way the sell it is clearly racist. And if it requires ID, then there has to be some serious cause shown to force that. And not just a few cases here and there, real serious harm done by not showing ID.
Im sure we can find some drunk liberal judge to rule on this.
No its not racist. You dont have a right to drink beer. You do have a right to vote.
really, why did those bakers get in trouble. You dont have a right to eat cake.

You have the right to buy one from a cake business.

Take note, another RW racist who wants to bring back Jim Crow.
No you dont. You have the privilege to buy one if someone is selling cake to everyone.
Do I have a privilege to force them to make something special just for me, or do I have the privilege of eating what they serve to everyone else.

No its not racist. You dont have a right to drink beer. You do have a right to vote.
When you have a business, you are not permitted to discriminate.
then how can I turn someone down for any reason if they want to purchase from my business?
If an ID for voting is considered turning someone down, then the same can be said for buying that bottle MD20/20

you can turn someone down for any reason (e.g., no shirt, no shoes, no service) or no reason (e.g., I want to close my shop and go fishing). but you can't turn someone down for a discriminatory reason or you violate US law.

so sorry that offends your bigoted little heart.

When he says 'any' reason, he means all reasons. That would include refusing to sell to blacks or Muslims for example.

any reason....or no reason.... but not a discriminatory reason. that's the legal standard in discrimination cases.

Your signature is on file and it has to match. You'd need to network all the polling stations into the main database to do that remotely. So why worry about a photo ID for beer but not one for voting for the direction of the country? Illegal voting is the ONLY reason to oppose voter ID.

the courts have universally found that there was no reason for the ID regulations passed in red states except to suppress the votes of democratic voters.

otherwise, snookie, why would a particular state allow a gun license to be acceptable ID but not a college ID?

we'll wait....and before you pretend otherwise, the court found that there was no legitimate basis for that regulation.\

you're welcome.
Well snookums, activists sitting on the bench don't make it right or not. You can't even explain how an ID card would suppress a voter.

Your signature is on file and it has to match. You'd need to network all the polling stations into the main database to do that remotely. So why worry about a photo ID for beer but not one for voting for the direction of the country? Illegal voting is the ONLY reason to oppose voter ID.

Because liquor stores do not have lists of eligible drinkers

You register to vote, your residency and eligibility is verified, you have a signature on file
When you vote, you have to sign to certify who you are
so drinking should be more of a national security issue than voting?
I think you have been showing your ID at the liquor store way too much.
But, how do racist entities like liquor stores stay in business? shouldnt they be charged just like like the bakers that refused the gay wedding cake?

I don't show a picture ID when I buy beer

The only picture is on a 20 dollar bill

You only spend $20 for beer!? Visigoth. lol
I havent spent 20 on beer or anything else for that matter in years now.
of course, I havent bought a cake either.

but the way the sell it is clearly racist. And if it requires ID, then there has to be some serious cause shown to force that. And not just a few cases here and there, real serious harm done by not showing ID.

No you dont. You have the privilege to buy one if someone is selling cake to everyone.
Do I have a privilege to force them to make something special just for me, or do I have the privilege of eating what they serve to everyone else.

that would depend on the business owner and how civil you are to them, wouldn't it?

Drinking hasnt been a national security issue since prohibition. How old are you?
They got in trouble because they broke the law.
You realize that you are not helping your cause.
I can discriminate because someone does not have the right to drink beer, but I cant discriminate because someone has a right to eat cake?
you would think the beer issue would be greater.
The bakers were being asked to do something that their business does not do, they were being asked to change their business plan.
The beer store guy is not being asked to change anything.
My cause?

Thats what the law says. If you want to buy beer you need an ID. If you want to buy cake you dont. Dont cry about it. Both of those are privileges not rights

Because liquor stores do not have lists of eligible drinkers

You register to vote, your residency and eligibility is verified, you have a signature on file
When you vote, you have to sign to certify who you are
so drinking should be more of a national security issue than voting?
I think you have been showing your ID at the liquor store way too much.
But, how do racist entities like liquor stores stay in business? shouldnt they be charged just like like the bakers that refused the gay wedding cake?

I don't show a picture ID when I buy beer

The only picture is on a 20 dollar bill

You only spend $20 for beer!? Visigoth. lol
I havent spent 20 on beer or anything else for that matter in years now.
of course, I havent bought a cake either.

how is that?

the courts have universally found that there was no reason for the ID regulations passed in red states except to suppress the votes of democratic voters.

otherwise, snookie, why would a particular state allow a gun license to be acceptable ID but not a college ID?

we'll wait....and before you pretend otherwise, the court found that there was no legitimate basis for that regulation.\

you're welcome.
Well snookums, activists sitting on the bench don't make it right or not. You can't even explain how an ID card would suppress a voter.
An ID card wont suppress a voter.
It will however suppress illegal votes to a great degree.

dont worry, the dead and illegal will still get to push the election over to hillary.
you dont have to worry about the real numbers messing up your plans to destroy the country

Yes you guys make king douchebag your candidate and now that you are losing whine it's a cheat. Pathetic.
The country is losing and Hillary will make it worse.

The country is doing fine and will continue to. Stop all the whining already.
Dissent is patriotic, remember? No the country is not doing fine, 1.2 gdp growth is ridiculous and we can't live off of libtard lies.

Growth is ridiculous? I don't think so. If you want to go back into recession try tariffs like trump wants. Now tariffs are ridiculous.

How does that work?
Yes and no. You establish who you are before hand via your drivers license in my state.

Yeah, you register to vote. But the suppression wing of the RW claims that showing a particular ID when you actually vote is absolutely essential.

Absentee voters don't do that - including btw, much of our military - they pretty much just sign the form.

Never you mind ! Absentees tend to be republican , so it's ok!

I can discriminate because someone does not have the right to drink beer, but I cant discriminate because someone has a right to eat cake?
The bakers were being asked to do something that their business does not do, they were being asked to change their business plan.
My cause?

Thats what the law says. If you want to buy beer you need an ID. If you want to buy cake you dont.
but the law is then racist, this will disproportionately affect the minorities

you're welcome.

that's the discrimination laws, snookie bear..... it would be activist for some rightwingnuthack to refuse to enforce the law.

again, so sorry that we no longer live under jim crow....

well, sorry, not sorry.

How does that work?
Yes and no. You establish who you are before hand via your drivers license in my state.

Yeah, you register to vote. But the suppression wing of the RW claims that showing a particular ID when you actually vote is absolutely essential.

Absentee voters don't do that - including btw, much of our military - they pretty much just sign the form.

thats because the military tends to be republican. It has to do with loyalty to the country. Something that the democrats dont generally have.

My cause?

Thats what the law says. If you want to buy beer you need an ID. If you want to buy cake you dont.

link?

Yes you have the privilege to force them to provide the same service they would to anyone else.

dont worry, the dead and illegal will still get to push the election over to hillary.
you dont have to worry about the real numbers messing up your plans to destroy the country

Yes you guys make king douchebag your candidate and now that you are losing whine it's a cheat. Pathetic.
The country is losing and Hillary will make it worse.

The country is doing fine and will continue to. Stop all the whining already.
Dissent is patriotic, remember? No the country is not doing fine, 1.2 gdp growth is ridiculous and we can't live off of libtard lies.

Growth is ridiculous? I don't think so. If you want to go back into recession try tariffs like trump wants. Now tariffs are ridiculous.
1.2% is less than 3%, the average slow growth. You obfuscation doesn't make it look any better.

Yes you have the privilege to force them to provide the same service they would to anyone else.
in the case of the bakers, they would not have made a gay cake for anyone else either, so they were being asked to provide something they dont normally provide.

No . It's a reason to surpress votes when you demand a specific state issued ID .

Example . Old man hasn't driven in 10 years . He has physical license ID but because its expired he can't use it to vote .

My cause?

Its not racist. It never has affected me and I am Black.

How does that work?

thats because the military tends to be republican. It has to do with loyalty to the country. Something that the democrats dont generally have.

no. it has nothing to do with "loyalty to country"...,.... it has to do with geography. people who can afford to go to college tend not to go into the military. red states have the lowest higher education rates in the country. their kids only advance by joining the military....same reason that the military has always been disproportionately African American.

or do those patriots not count?

i'll also point out that the VP's son....definitely NOT conservative, served honorably.... and both current VP candidates son's are active military....and not luxury military like baby bush. i'll also point out that of all the 17 GOP candidates for president, only ONE served in the military.... and that was Lindsey Graham... who you loons dissed for the orange, bigoted fascist.

your assertion is imbecilic.

not surprised.

Forum List

Back