Zone1 Do JWs fit the Description of a Dangerous Cult?

I agree God still talks to us through the Holy Spirit. However, Scripture is complete.

In admitting that Paul is a prophet, you have to admit, then, that scripture was not complete as of the time Jesus'' time among us on Earth had come to an end. Paul continued to add new material to scripture, well after that, and for centuries after that, the primitive church continued to compile and edit and abridge what scripture they had at the time.

At what point can you declare that scripture was complete and closed, and deny God the power to give us any more?

In fact, who are you, who is any mortal man, to deny God the right to give us more scripture?

It is exactly as I said before; we did not reach a point where God had no more to tell us; we reached a point where mankind was no longer willing to listen to Him.

I doubt it supports slavery.

Ephesians 6:5–8 Paul states, "Servants, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ"

1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?

Exodus 21:6 then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently.

I've got about 50 more, shall I go on?

Ephesians 6:5–8 Paul states, "Servants, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ"

1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?

Exodus 21:6 then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently.

I've got about 50 more, shall I go on?
That wasn't support of slavery. God knew mortal hearts were wicked, and wicked men made slaves out of others. To protect them, God told them to do their best for their masters if they were forced into slavery, that way they wouldn't get flogged or killed. The bible says--Better to be a live dog than a dead lion.
One should always do their best, not for man but for God.

In admitting that Paul is a prophet, you have to admit, then, that scripture was not complete as of the time Jesus'' time among us on Earth had come to an end. Paul continued to add new material to scripture, well after that, and for centuries after that, the primitive church continued to compile and edit and abridge what scripture they had at the time.

At what point can you declare that scripture was complete and closed, and deny God the power to give us any more?

In fact, who are you, who is any mortal man, to deny God the right to give us more scripture?

It is exactly as I said before; we did not reach a point where God had no more to tell us; we reached a point where mankind was no longer willing to listen to Him.
Ok, I see what you're saying.

The darkness amazes me. Ones speak on matters they know nothing about, they listen to others who do not speak truth.
Best to learn reality--God view of a cult, the only view that matters in the end = A house divided( trinity religionssssssssssssssss) will not stand. They fail this true mark of Jesus' 1 religion 100%= 1 Cor 1:10- Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division.
What don't trinity religionssssssssssss understand an bout-no division?
Another fact, Jesus promised to send holy spirit to his REAL teachers on earth to guide them into ALL truth--Trinity religionsssssssssssss all have different truths, here is why= a lack of holy spirit because Jesus is not with them.

Your need for snarksssssss shows your bigotry.

In revelation, God speaking about Babylon the great= worldwide false religions. He said if one doesn't want to share in her plagues-GET OUT OF HER.

Revelation is a very hard book to interpret, and shouldn't be literally taken as "Gospel"

Revelation is a very hard book to interpret, and shouldn't be literally taken as "Gospel"
The teachers Jesus appointed get the truth about Revelation from holy spirit. And here in these last days, truth is now abundant, including the reality of revelation. The book of Daniel unlocks some of revelation.
Like this prophecy( a day for a year) from the destruction of Jerusalem( 607 bce) 2520 days=2520 years when Gods kingdom will be established in heaven- 607 bce + 2520= 1914--Rev 6:1-2--He receives his crown. Another clue found at Rev 6:4 of the accuracy of that prophecy- Peace will be taken from the earth= ww1 1914
In 1879 Charles Taze Russell said ( because the prophecy was revealed through him) peace will be taken from the earth in 1914. He did confuse Rev 6:1 for this ride-Rev 19:11, but that was corrected.

Forum List

Back