Do lefties even want to know the truth?

So the MSM sorts through everything that happens in our political landscape, and then they select the items that they feel are the most newsworthy and support the political agenda that they want to push. My question to lefties is are you comfortable with having the MSM choosing which media you see and which media you don't?

They report the news. That's what they're paid to do. It's their job to ask the tough questions and hold our leaders accountable. If you feel they're being mean to your political viewpoint, there's plenty of Internet compost out there to choose from.
Are you comfortable having the MSM choosing which media you see and which media you dont?

What are you talking about? They ARE the media. Are you asking me if I'm comfortable havng them choose what NEWS STORIES I see? My answer is, I don't have to be. The news is its own entity. It's made every day. It's reported every day. If you feel there's a slant and it isn't up to your liking, find a station or a site with a slant that is to your liking.
The MSM is not "the" media, they are just the lefty media. Lefties only consume media that is designed for lefties to consume, and I am asking if you are comfortable having the them decide what you will be seeing and what you will not be seeing.
Even one MORE liberal loon chimes in. Stop it, you loons are killing me! WAY too funny.

So the MSM sorts through everything that happens in our political landscape, and then they select the items that they feel are the most newsworthy and support the political agenda that they want to push. My question to lefties is are you comfortable with having the MSM choosing which media you see and which media you don't?
^ is perfectly comfortable with his mind-erasing conservative MSM choosing which media to see
You better believe it. You can tell the righties are some stupid sons of bitches. Its amazing to see them sway back and forth denying things Drumpf said even when they are on video. All Drumpf has to do is tell them its fake news and the brainless fucks are soothed. :laughing0301:

They report the news. That's what they're paid to do. It's their job to ask the tough questions and hold our leaders accountable. If you feel they're being mean to your political viewpoint, there's plenty of Internet compost out there to choose from.
Are you comfortable having the MSM choosing which media you see and which media you dont?

What are you talking about? They ARE the media. Are you asking me if I'm comfortable havng them choose what NEWS STORIES I see? My answer is, I don't have to be. The news is its own entity. It's made every day. It's reported every day. If you feel there's a slant and it isn't up to your liking, find a station or a site with a slant that is to your liking.
The MSM is not "the" media, they are just the lefty media. Lefties only consume media that is designed for lefties to consume, and I am asking if you are comfortable having the them decide what you will be seeing and what you will not be seeing.
Even one MORE liberal loon chimes in. Stop it, you loons are killing me! WAY too funny.
Thats another one of your retarded con comrades youre talking about there dummy. :)

The MSM chooses nothing. We choose the news we want to see.

Now why in the fuck does a group of people such as you conservatives, who are completely wrong about nearly everything, think you can ask somebody about hearing the truth. The larger question is: WHEN WILL CONSERVATIVES LEARN WHAT THE TRUTH IS?

Says one of the folks who only listens to breightbart, hannity, or limbaugh.

Oops, my bad. I didn't mean to interrupt your circle.jerk.

Yall be sure to wash up.when yer done.

View attachment 324738
Withholding the answer to the question confirms that you do not want to know the truth, thanks.
Withholding the answer to what question?

Says one of the folks who only listens to breightbart, hannity, or limbaugh.

Oops, my bad. I didn't mean to interrupt your circle.jerk.

Yall be sure to wash up.when yer done.

View attachment 324738
He-he, our resident liberal dummy chimes in. Hilarious!
A comment? Did your thumb get tired from following me around hitting the "dislike" button?

While Bluzman61 and his friends are laughing there in the pool,
I'd like to say what I am laughing at ...

I'm laughing because I was going to say the poster is wrong to characterize the mainstream media as "lefties" -- but then noticed his "signature" statement:

"Drudge Report went Commie..."

:icon_rolleyes:

The fact that a thread like this would be started by a Trumpster might seem funny, but it really isn't.

These people exist within a separate, controlled, isolated, closed circuit universe, where any opposing or contrary information is summarily labeled "fake news" and dismissed.

Their "news" is provided to them by talk radio, Fox, AON, and a variety of online sites.

And yet they think that everyone ELSE is being conned. This just isn't funny any more.

They are the media. Not the lefty media. Not the MSM. Not the LSM. Not the liberal media. They don't decide what you will be seeing and what you won't be seeing. Not even Fox does that. They may slant it and spin it. They may even only give it cursory coverage. But they still report it. As far as consumption, I can say the same thing about the right. But most of that information is not "media". It's a collection of websites, blogs, and opinion sites that masquerade as journalism. It's the collection of (largely) sewage that sprung up on the Internet in the wake of Barack Obama's election. I refer to it as the alt-right media.

The fact that a thread like this would be started by a Trumpster might seem funny, but it really isn't.

These people exist within a separate, controlled, isolated, closed circuit universe, where any opposing or contrary information is summarily labeled "fake news" and dismissed.

Their "news" is provided to them by talk radio, Fox, AON, and a variety of online sites.

And yet they think that everyone ELSE is being conned. This just isn't funny any more.
It never was, imo.

They are the media. Not the lefty media. Not the MSM. Not the LSM. Not the liberal media. They don't decide what you will be seeing and what you won't be seeing. Not even Fox does that. They may slant it and spin it. They may even only give it cursory coverage. But they still report it. As far as consumption, I can say the same thing about the right. But most of that information is not "media". It's a collection of websites, blogs, and opinion sites that masquerade as journalism. It's the collection of (largely) sewage that sprung up on the Internet in the wake of Barack Obama's election. I refer to it as the alt-right media.
"The" media spans from fringe right to fringe left, and covers everything in between. I study the entire range of media in search of the truth, which is something that we cannot and will not ever know. The best we can hope for is to triangulate the "most likely" truth from the ENTIRE range of media. I study Vox, Daily Kos, Alex Jones, rumor mill, don lemon, Fox, MSNBC, oan, CNN, or anything I can in search of the truth, and I DO NOT discount articles or stories based upon the source like lefties do. The MSM is most certainly not "the" media, it is only a part of the whole. The msm looks like "the" media to lefties, since it is the exclusive source of media for them but it is just a part of a bigger picture.

"The" media spans from fringe right to fringe left, and covers everything in between. I study the entire range of media in search of the truth, which is something that we cannot and will not ever know. The best we can hope for is to triangulate the "most likely" truth from the ENTIRE range of media. I study Vox, Daily Kos, Alex Jones, rumor mill, don lemon, Fox, MSNBC, oan, CNN, or anything I can in search of the truth, and I DO NOT discount articles or stories based upon the source like lefties do. The MSM is most certainly not "the" media, it is only a part of the whole. The msm looks like "the" media to lefties, since it is the exclusive source of media for them but it is just a part of a bigger picture.

Yeah, if you're searching for truth on Alex Jones site, stop right there. He isn't media. Just a conspiracy theory mongering huckster who's real purpose is to draw you to his website and sell you supplements that you don't need. :)
I'll put it to you simply. The media I pay attention to qualifies as "legitimate" because of accountability. If they say something or print something incorrect, they issue a retraction. If the error is egregious enough, people start losing their jobs.
I discount any source of information that is not accountable (OAN, Alex Jones, pick any alt-right rag on the Internet of your choice).

Yeah, if you're searching for truth on Alex Jones site, stop right there. He isn't media. Just a conspiracy theory mongering huckster who's real purpose is to draw you to his website and sell you supplements that you don't need. :)
I'll put it to you simply. The media I pay attention to qualifies as "legitimate" because of accountability. If they say something or print something incorrect, they issue a retraction. If the error is egregious enough, people start losing their jobs.
I discount any source of information that is not accountable (OAN, Alex Jones, pick any alt-right rag on the Internet of your choice).
I already knew that the MSM engineers the perception that lefties have of our political landscape, and that lefties are confined to what the MSM presents to them, before I started this thread. My question though, is are you comfortable having the MSM decide which media you see and which media you don't?

I already knew that the MSM engineers the perception that lefties have of our political landscape, and that lefties are confined to what the MSM presents to them, before I started this thread. My question though, is are you comfortable having the MSM decide which media you see and which media you don't?

No one decides. It's all pretty much out there for you to consume. From far left to far right. My comfort is irrelevant (as is yours). No boogeyman is limiting your choices.

Forum List

Back