Do majority of Republicans think Theory of Evolution is a fact ?

It will probably remain unknowable through our lifetimes, just as it has for everyone else on this planet.
We know where we came from
You need to get out more, perhaps read a science book
Oh good, thanks so much.

Hey everybody, MarkDuffy is going to explain to us what caused the Big Bang, when no scientist on the planet can.

He's that smart. Much smarter than the rest of us. I'm not kidding here. HE KNOWS. How cool is this! Right here, at USMB!

Okay MarkDuffy, tell us. I'm taking notes. And thanks in advance.
Uh, the thread is about evolution. Your post stated that you did not know where you came from. The big bang is not about evolution.

It will probably remain unknowable through our lifetimes, just as it has for everyone else on this planet.
Oh good, thanks so much.

Hey everybody, MarkDuffy is going to explain to us what caused the Big Bang, when no scientist on the planet can.

He's that smart. Much smarter than the rest of us. I'm not kidding here. HE KNOWS. How cool is this! Right here, at USMB!

Uh, the thread is about evolution. Your post stated that you did not know where you came from. The big bang is not about evolution.
Then perhaps you should think things through before getting pissy.

You're quickly becoming one of my leg humpers. Get me out of your head.

Oh good, thanks so much.

Considering the context is evolution, it was your post that was not appropriate.

Oh good, thanks so much.

Considering the context is evolution, it was your post that was not appropriate.
There are multiple contexts and conversations going on. Fortunately, you're not the judge of any of it.

But thanks for your valued input.

Guys, guys don't embarrass Fort Fun too much, I want him to hang around.

Nah, you denier goofballs are on the wrong side of science and history. You dont need me...you need each other , in order to not feel so stupid and embarrassed. That's why you fools are here and not speaking at universities or for scientific societies, not publishing science, and not even attempting to subject yourselves to any serious company.

That why you won't address my scientific method post? :lol:

You lost that quite nicely.

Steps of the Scientific Method
  • Make an Observation. Scientists are naturally curious about the world. ...
  • Form a Question. After making an interesting observation, a scientific mind itches to find out more about it. ...
  • Form a Hypothesis. ...
  • Conduct an Experiment. ...
  • Analyse the Data and Draw a Conclusion.

Yes, thank you for providing support for my points.

However, as it turns out, the world of science woke up this morning unaffected by the internet squawkings of an uneducated slob. Scientific theories and laws are still separate concepts. Swing and a miss for you, I guess.

Your state of denial is amusing. You spent a fair portion of yesterday claiming a hypothesis was not how theories are made. Then you clearly posted that the scientific method was used, which shows step three is a hypothesis. :lol:

You are foisting the idea Newton just had this whole formula, complete with a constant whose value was determined 70 years after his death, pop into his head with no hypothesis, theory or debate about it before it was recognized as a law. You sir, are a complete moron.

You can attach a hundred names to the different stages of development in a pregnancy, if left alone, in the end you will have a child. You may as well call them, child day 1 through child 275 or what ever, it's all semantics, if left undisturbed by man or nature, you will get a living, breathing infant.

You mean most of the time if the woman takes care of herself and her baby in the womb, a child will be born. To a lesser extent, the resulting child will have no birth defects.

The stages are important cuz you are trying to stop abortions using false semantics.

There are no semantics, abortion ends a life, nothing else to say.

War, poverty, death penalty, sickness, old age and other things also ends a life.

Abortions are justified on the basis of individual freedom and human rights. The woman decides, not you.
why do you give her that choice to end a life? it isn't hers.

because it's a woman's choice whether or not to give birth.
it is, when did that happen? Why isn't it the baby's choice? It is the woman's choice not to get pregnant, but alas, once the baby is created, it is the baby's choice when to come out.

Last edited:
OK, let's recap

We still need proof for God as creator.

The Genesis story sez it took 6 days which we all know to be false. Six days sounds like a creator.

Science claims the age of the universe to be 14 billion years. Science also claims the age of the Earth to be 4.5 billion years.

The last act of God's creation was man which science has claimed to be 150,000 years.

So, rounding off, God took 14 Billion years to "complete" creation.

Does God qualify as a Creator?

I don't think so. To me it appears that God, if he existed, was just around for the ride.

You mean most of the time if the woman takes care of herself and her baby in the womb, a child will be born. To a lesser extent, the resulting child will have no birth defects.

The stages are important cuz you are trying to stop abortions using false semantics.

War, poverty, death penalty, sickness, old age and other things also ends a life.

Abortions are justified on the basis of individual freedom and human rights. The woman decides, not you.
why do you give her that choice to end a life? it isn't hers.

because it's a woman's choice whether or not to give birth.
it is when did that happen? Why isn't it the baby's choice? It is the woman's choice not to get pregnant, but alas, once the baby is created, it is the baby's choice when to come out.

No. Pregnancy is not birth. Birth creates the person protected under the Constitution. If you want fetuses to be persons before then,

amend the Constitution.

Oh good, thanks so much.

There are multiple contexts and conversations going on. Fortunately, you're not the judge of any of it.

But thanks for your valued input.

Same to you.

To me as a Christian I don't think the book of Genesis is either a history or a science book. It describes the relationship between God and Man.

If you have the time, Flash.....here is a book by a scientist, who shows that the timelline for evolution provided by Genesis is identical with the one established by modern science.

It is amazing.

51p5zxmGCtL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"...he found parallels between Genesis and accepted scientific truths about the evolution of life. In The Genesis Enigma, Parker steps day by day through the week of biblical creation to explain the science that verifies its account. A brilliant work of scholarship,..."
https://www.amazon.com/Genesis-Enig...&sr=1-1&keywords=genesis+enigma&tag=ff0d01-20

I'd certainly be interested in your view after you read this.

It sounds like an interesting book and I will look further into it. Thank you.

When I read Genesis I focus on the relationship aspect. For instance, when I read the story of Noah the message I get is that God gave us free will and that His way of dealing with the our sins cannot be to destroy us whenever we do evil things. If God did hold us accountable for the evil we do because of the free will He gave us then He would be destroying the world about every generation, wouldn't He? To me that was the message, not that the earth was flooded for 40 days and that only one family survived.

I look at the story of Adam and Eve being driven from Eden as being as being the consequence of having free will and being controlled by God. The same as the story of Cain and Abel.

Genesis is a fascinating book. However, I look at it allegorically more than scientifically. It helps me to understand the Grace of God much better..

"
Genesis is a fascinating book. However, I look at it allegorically more than scientifically."

And you are forced to do so by our secular knowledge. Had you lived 250 years ago, you would be singing a different tune.

If I had lived 800 years ago I probably wouldn't know how to read and would have never read the Bible and would have only known what other people told me. I also probably would have thought the earth was flat and the center of the universe. I probably would have thought that the ugly old hags in my village were witches. In 1917 a bunch of Russians thought Communism was a good economic model. So what?

Again, then why are there still apes if we evolved?
I already answered that one today or yesterday.

Why wouldn't there be apes? Why are there many different species of apes? Once birds evolved, why isn't there just one species of birds? Get the point?

The apes that became us left the other apes in the forest and went walkabout into the savannas. Apes stayed in the forest. Two different environmental niches. No reason for apes to disappear.
Where’s that evidence?
In every cell of your body.
I looked I didn't see any ape cells.

Then I think you get an "F" on the quiz, son.
what quiz do you think I took? I merely stated I don't have ape cells in my body. Are you saying I do? where are they? post the link with that information.

Guys, guys don't embarrass Fort Fun too much, I want him to hang around.

Nah, you denier goofballs are on the wrong side of science and history. You dont need me...you need each other , in order to not feel so stupid and embarrassed. That's why you fools are here and not speaking at universities or for scientific societies, not publishing science, and not even attempting to subject yourselves to any serious company.

That why you won't address my scientific method post? :lol:

You lost that quite nicely.

Steps of the Scientific Method
  • Make an Observation. Scientists are naturally curious about the world. ...
  • Form a Question. After making an interesting observation, a scientific mind itches to find out more about it. ...
  • Form a Hypothesis. ...
  • Conduct an Experiment. ...
  • Analyse the Data and Draw a Conclusion.

Yes, thank you for providing support for my points.

However, as it turns out, the world of science woke up this morning unaffected by the internet squawkings of an uneducated slob. Scientific theories and laws are still separate concepts. Swing and a miss for you, I guess.

Your state of denial is amusing. You spent a fair portion of yesterday claiming a hypothesis was not how theories are made. Then you clearly posted that the scientific method was used, which shows step three is a hypothesis. :lol:

You are foisting the idea Newton just had this whole formula, complete with a constant whose value was determined 70 years after his death, pop into his head with no hypothesis, theory or debate about it before it was recognized as a law. You sir, are a complete moron.

I never claimed a hypothesis is not how theories are made. You are either a shameless little liar, or you are deluded.

I said scientific theories and laws are separate, different concepts. Scientific theories do not become laws, or vice versa. This is a fact which undermines your silly "it's only a theory, let me know when it becomes a law" bullshit that would get you laughed right out of a science class.

You can attach a hundred names to the different stages of development in a pregnancy, if left alone, in the end you will have a child. You may as well call them, child day 1 through child 275 or what ever, it's all semantics, if left undisturbed by man or nature, you will get a living, breathing infant.

Rationalize it any way you want, it is what it is, taking a life.

Abortion most certainly is taking a life. You just figured this out?

Abortion is about a woman's right to improve her life. It is also about improving society's life. We don't need unwanted children to be a burden on society. A child needs to be born into a good family that can take care of it.

Abortion is unfortunate, but necessary. The woman's responsibility is to make the decision as quickly as possible before the fetus becomes an actual living child.

By far most abortions occur in the first trimester when it is not a child, rather the woman's tissue.
that is your position, however there are many more of us who believe that is utter nonsense. want to do the world a favor if you wish to be promiscuous? go have your tubes tied.

I already answered that one today or yesterday.

Why wouldn't there be apes? Why are there many different species of apes? Once birds evolved, why isn't there just one species of birds? Get the point?

The apes that became us left the other apes in the forest and went walkabout into the savannas. Apes stayed in the forest. Two different environmental niches. No reason for apes to disappear.
Where’s that evidence?
In every cell of your body.
I looked I didn't see any ape cells.

Then I think you get an "F" on the quiz, son.
what quiz do you think I took? I merely stated I don't have ape cells in my body. Are you saying I do? where are they? post the link with that information.

Right, and your statement earns you an "F" on today's 8th grade science quiz.

Yes, you are a hominoid, which means you are an ape. To be specific, you are a great ape, with your closest cousins being the other great apes.

There, maybe you will fare better on tomorrow's quiz.

Some Republicans may think that evolution is not a fact but all Democrats think that gender is determined by individual will and not genitals. All Democrats also think that prosperity is created by increased taxation. How silly is that?

If you don't believe in Evolution, you have to believe, for example, that the first horse on Earth didn't have parents.
Can you believe that? Seriously?

OK, let's recap

We still need proof for God as creator.

The Genesis story sez it took 6 days which we all know to be false. Six days sounds like a creator.

Science claims the age of the universe to be 14 billion years. Science also claims the age of the Earth to be 4.5 billion years.

The last act of God's creation was man which science has claimed to be 150,000 years.

So, rounding off, God took 14 Billion years to "complete" creation.

Does God qualify as a Creator?

I don't think so. To me it appears that God, if he existed, was just around for the ride.
I think you missed a step, we need proof there is evolution that man came from apes.

Some Republicans may think that evolution is not a fact but all Democrats think that gender is determined by individual will and not genitals. All Democrats also think that prosperity is created by increased taxation. How silly is that?

And corporatist liars on both sides of the aisle say that lower corporate tax rates menas greater economic growth, when the facts show the opposite to be true:

Corporate tax rates and economic growth since 1947

Rationalize it any way you want, it is what it is, taking a life.

Abortion most certainly is taking a life. You just figured this out?

Abortion is about a woman's right to improve her life. It is also about improving society's life. We don't need unwanted children to be a burden on society. A child needs to be born into a good family that can take care of it.

Abortion is unfortunate, but necessary. The woman's responsibility is to make the decision as quickly as possible before the fetus becomes an actual living child.

By far most abortions occur in the first trimester when it is not a child, rather the woman's tissue.
that is your position, however there are many more of us who believe that is utter nonsense. want to do the world a favor if you wish to be promiscuous? go have your tubes tied.
Not interested in allowing you contards to turn this thread into an abortion thread. I made my post and am done.

Forum List

Back