Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

Not at all. Q is no longer in existence. So where are the 24,000 manuscripts?
Why don't you tell me what you believe the NT was based upon first? Since you don't believe it's based upon written manuscripts.

What I'm saying is do most Jews agree with the Jesus being crucified? In the religion itself and amongst the jewish population. What do they truly believe?
They believe Jesus was not the Son of God.

Is this a serious question? No Jew would say that Jesus deserved to be put to death. The other guy that was crucified next to him - Barbaras? - didn’t deserve a death sentence either. These were different times, though.

And as I said, it’s not really a point of discussion at all, but mostly we regret that the NT blamed it all on the Jews, and because of that, Jews have been subjected to 2000 years of persecution, expulsions, and slaughter by the millions.
Barabas was not crucified. He was set free. Pontius Pilate gave the crowd a choice to either free Jesus or free Barabas. The crowd chose Barabas.

The Gospels do not name the thieves, but it is believed their names were Dismas and Gestas.

Dismas is the one who asked Jesus for forgiveness.

Me too. You being one of them.
oh gee, I wish----not quite---but I wish
Wrong.
The Crusades were attempted genocide against Moslems, and they massacred tens of thousands of both Moslems and Jews.
Happened again not too long ago in Serbia, Croatia, and Bosnia.
If Jews did not attempt genocide against Christians, then they would not have caused Jesus to be killed.
the crusades were an attempt to take palestine BACK from the muslims. Christians against muslims happened in Serbia----nothing new----christians and muslims have been killing each other there for centuries and both have been killing jews. Jews did not "cause" Jesus to be killed. Romans killed tens of thousands of Jews in Judea
They believe Jesus was not the Son of God.
the REAL ANSWER-----jews do not allow CRUCIFIXION of anyone. Your sunday school lady---LIED

Barabas was not crucified. He was set free. Pontius Pilate gave the crowd a choice to either free Jesus or free Barabas. The crowd chose Barabas.

The Gospels do not name the thieves, but it is believed their names were Dismas and Gestas.

Dismas is the one who asked Jesus for forgiveness.
the story is BS

Then that would be a yes.
Christians have tried genocide against Moslems many times, pretty much continually.
So if you are saying there is a parallel, then you are saying Jews want to murder all Christians.
That would be a NO. Jews do not assume the blame for the Romans killing, regardless of what the NT says. If they even think about it.

Last edited:
Read the Gospels. Jesus got into trouble by declaring, Sins are forgiven.
It appears the politically minded Jews asserted that Jesus had no authority to announce the forgiveness of sins. Jesus claimed God gave him the authority.

The Romans had apparently arrested a man known as Barabbas for causing an insurrection. Annas and Caiaphas, Temple leaders at the time, convinced the Romans they had the wrong man, that the true troublemaker was this man Jesus who also called himself Barabbas (Son of the Father), insisting God was his Father. And, to Annas and Caiaphas, Jesus was indeed a troublemaker, but they had no authority to put him to death.

Catholic teaching is that Jesus willingly laid down his life over his announcement that sins of the world are forgiven. He shed his blood as the sign of this New Covenant/Testament of God. He was raised from the dead. His authority to declare sins are forgiven and the sign given to those who demanded such.

That all Jews were blamed for the actions of those men who were attempting to protect the Temple--hence the Jewish way of life--happened a few generations later.
Holy smokes!

Jesus did not call himself Barabbas. Where are you getting this nonsense?

Barabbas was a notorious thief who was released by Pontius Pilate.

Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to release for the people any one prisoner whom they wanted. At that time they were holding a notorious prisoner, called Barabbas. So when the people gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release for you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?” For he knew that because of envy they had handed Him over.
While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent him a message, saying, “Have nothing to do with that righteous Man; for last night I suffered greatly in a dream because of Him.” But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowds to ask for Barabbas and to put Jesus to death. But the governor said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release for you?” And they said, “Barabbas.” Pilate *said to them, “Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” They all *said, “Crucify Him!” And he said, “Why, what evil has He done?” But they kept shouting all the more, saying, “Crucify Him!”
When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, “I am innocent of this Man’s blood; see to that yourselves.” And all the people said, “His blood shall be on us and on our children!” Then he released Barabbas for them; but after having Jesus scourged, he handed Him over to be crucified.

Matthew 27: 15-26
Source: Matthew 27 NASB - Judas’s Remorse - Now when morning came, all the chief priests and the elders

It's a simple question. Do Jews hate Jesus and support what happened to him? Did the ancient Jews support it and do the modern day ones support it as well?

You'll have to excuse me for finding your questioning here to be quite disingenuous.

still waiting for the "SIN IS FORGIVEN' edict which
got Jesus "IN TROUBLE WITH THE SANHEDRIN"
records --------ANYONE? what was the penalty
declared by the SANHEDRIN for saying "sin is
forgiven" ????? still waiting
The Pharisees considered Jesus' proclamation that the peoples' sins were forgive was blasphemy. The penalty for blasphemy was death.

One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick. Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.

When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, “Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked, “Why are you thinking these things in your hearts? Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” Immediately he stood up in front of them, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, “We have seen remarkable things today.”

Luke 5:17-26

Technically... anyone who has ever sinned (which would be everyone except Jesus and Mary) are the authors of Christ's death. We Christians like to look at it like it was a good thing. He died for our sins!!! Yay!!! But the reality is we killed him because of our sins. Should we really be feeling joy?
Yes, we should be feeling joy. Of course. Our sins are forgiven.

That feels pretty darn good!

Forum List

Back