Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

Most scholars think the book of Daniel was written by a group of scholars to give the Jews hope and encouragement during the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes.
It is a kinda nice story-----the LION's DEN thing is brilliant

Most scholars think the book of Daniel was written by a group of scholars to give the Jews hope and encouragement during the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes.
“Most scholars” LOL.

I’ll take that as your surrender flag.

Isaiah 11
6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling[a]together;
and a little child will lead them.
7 The cow will feed with the bear,
their young will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
8 The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
9 They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord
as the waters cover the sea.

So this human king of yours is going to make all animals on Earth be kind to each other?

That makes no sense at all.
think about it------with abraham's sponsorship-----anything is possible
Isaiah 11
6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling[a]together;
and a little child will lead them.
7 The cow will feed with the bear,
their young will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
8 The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
9 They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord
as the waters cover the sea.

So this human king of yours is going to make all animals on Earth be kind to each other?
where do you see "KING"? or even HUMAN BEING----Isaiah is describing, in poetic
terms----a mythical idealized age created BY HEAVEN ------it's poetry. He was a really
good poet

think about it------with abraham's sponsorship-----anything is possible

where do you see "KING"? or even HUMAN BEING----Isaiah is describing, in poetic
terms----a mythical idealized age created BY HEAVEN ------it's poetry. He was a really
good poet
He is describing the new Heaven indeed. Read the chapter. He is talking about what the Messiah will bring.

He is describing the new Heaven indeed. Read the chapter. He is talking about what the Messiah will bring.

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

does JOYCE imagine that trees have hungry mouths and arms----and hair
and bosoms-------IT'S POETRY HAWK and stay away from that nest
of robins in HER HAIR

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

does JOYCE imagine that trees have hungry mouths and arms----and hair
and bosoms-------IT'S POETRY HAWK and stay away from that nest
of robins in HER HAIR

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree
Is that in the Tanakh? In one of the most important prophet’s writings?

I mean this is just downright silly. They are posting random poems as some kind of proof that Jewish prophets were just writing random poems. LOL

I mean this is just downright silly. They are posting random poems as some kind of proof that Jewish prophets were just writing random poems. LOL
there is nothing RANDOM about the literary output of JEREMIAH OR ISAIAH---
nor does it related to yet another Pharisee future victim of Roman filth----
As to our favorite son----JOYCE----disparage NOT

Jesus was killed by Pilate, this much is obvious. Most certainly with pressure from Jewish religious leaders at that time.

Whether Pilate was hesitant or not is anyones guess, I would think for that time period he probably cared little for Jesus claims and more about keeping the masses happy and peaceful. Historically though, if the New Testament is accurate, it is clear to see why Jesus was viewed in the biblical context, even by some Jews.

Jesus was not just Jewish he was a Rabbi in fact. There are many Jews who view Jesus as their own and part of their religion (Jews for Jesus is one). They are an anomaly but they have a logical reason for viewing him as such as he was a descendant of Jacob and of course Abraham.

So, it doesn't matter what is believed, what matters is how one views Jesus in the context of the Old Testament. Did he fulfill the hundreds of prophecies that were demanded in the Old Testament?

I can't be dishonest and say that I don't have doubts about Jesus as a prophet. I am curious enough to want to learn as I firmly believe in God.

Jesus was killed by Pilate, this much is obvious. Most certainly with pressure from Jewish religious leaders at that time.

Whether Pilate was hesitant or not is anyones guess, I would think for that time period he probably cared little for Jesus claims and more about keeping the masses happy and peaceful. Historically though, if the New Testament is accurate, it is clear to see why Jesus was viewed in the biblical context, even by some Jews.

Jesus was not just Jewish he was a Rabbi in fact. There are many Jews who view Jesus as their own and part of their religion (Jews for Jesus is one). They are an anomaly but they have a logical reason for viewing him as such as he was a descendant of Jacob and of course Abraham.

So, it doesn't matter what is believed, what matters is how one views Jesus in the context of the Old Testament. Did he fulfill the hundreds of prophecies that were demanded in the Old Testament?

I can't be dishonest and say that I don't have doubts about Jesus as a prophet. I am curious enough to want to learn as I firmly believe in God.
Your statement seems sincere but it evinces lack of insight into the life and times of Jesus.
Your assertion that Pilate was "under pressure from jewish leaders" ----is consistent with
Roman catholic dogma-----but senseless unless you consider the ROMAN APPOINTEE
"jewish leaders"------that were almost universally despised as traitors-----to be
"jewish leaders"

Your statement seems sincere but it evinces lack of insight into the life and times of Jesus.
Your assertion that Pilate was "under pressure from jewish leaders" ----is consistent with
Roman catholic dogma-----but senseless unless you consider the ROMAN APPOINTEE
"jewish leaders"------that were almost universally despised as traitors-----to be
"jewish leaders"
Maybe a convenient scapegoat or diffusion or responsibility by the church to wash their hands of history. I can't imagine though, that Pilate would have cared much unless, a) he viewed Jesus as a threat to harmony and cohesion which might disrupt his power (see Gandhi and the British as an example), b) there was pressure on him by others.

Maybe a convenient scapegoat or diffusion or responsibility by the church to wash their hands of history. I can't imagine though, that Pilate would have cared much unless, a) he viewed Jesus as a threat to harmony and cohesion which might disrupt his power (see Gandhi and the British as an example), b) there was pressure on him by others.
Pilate cared lots----he crucified THOUSANDS of Pharisee Jews in his relatively short time
as governor-----something like 2000 in ten years. IMH (albeit educated) O he had no
trouble crucifying Pharisee jews because they were in rebellion against Rome. Legend has it
that he lost his job because he LIKED to crucify people TOO MUCH

Forum List

Back