Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

Pilate cared lots----he crucified THOUSANDS of Pharisee Jews in his relatively short time
as governor-----something like 2000 in ten years. IMH (albeit educated) O he had no
trouble crucifying Pharisee jews because they were in rebellion against Rome. Legend has it
that he lost his job because he LIKED to crucify people TOO MUCH
Do you have a source for Pilate crucified thousands of Jews?

The Jews were fairly divided by the first century.

Herodians, Pharisees, Saducees, Zealots, Essenes, Sicarri..

Jesus taught his kingdom was not of this earth.

Look what happened. The temple was destroyed and the Jews were expelled or deported.

Look what happened. The temple was destroyed and the Jews were expelled or deported.
Pilate was a violent, evil ruler.

You are very confused----you are listing groups that existed now and then over
centuries. The groups you note were no more at war with each other than are
the Democrats and Republicans in New York City except for the SADUCEES and
-----the little fringe you threw in --"herodians" The Saducees were Roman
shills like your SAINT CAIAPHAS ----------the one who actually did conspire to kill
the Pharisee Galilean -----JESUS---cousin to JOHN----the pharisee that Herod
(Roman shill) killed. As to Pilate and his Roman killing spree----do your own
homework tonight-----I am tired Did you really imagine as do most christian
children that roman crucifixion was a UNIQUE EVENT and an event that the jews
of Jerusalem CELEBRATED like the VESTAL SLUTS OF ROME celebrated Lion Lunch?

and what is written for the jews is written by the hereditary idolators ... and their apartheid heaven.

in fact whatever jesus's consideration for the romans was - is unknown what is known is their contempt for the jews, disguised by them as a temple dispute than the religion of moses itself and the lies used by moses to subvert those people to a religion of servitude. the reason the architects of judaism had him crucified.
Crucifixion was solely in the hands of the Romans. Only they could carry out this capital punishment. Again, gentiles killed Jesus.

The prophecies of the messiah say that he will be a king of all nations, not just Israel. Israel was merely chosen to bring forth that king. When that king arrived, he commanded his disciples to go out to the ends of the earth and spread the word.
Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews

The Messiah will reign as King at a time when all the Jewish people will observe G-d’s commandments (Ezekiel 37:24; Deut. 30:8,10; Jeremiah 31:32; Ezekiel 11:19-20, 36:26-27).

Jesus never ruled as King, nor have all Jews embraced the commandments of G-d’s Torah.

Universal Knowledge of G-d

The Messiah will rule at a time when all the people of the world will come to acknowledge and serve the one true G-d (Zechariah 3:9, 8:23,14:9,16; Isaiah 45:23, 66:23; Jeremiah 31:33; Ezekiel 38:23; Psalm 86:9; Zeph. 3:9).

This, as well, has not yet taken place and we await its fulfillment.

Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews

The Messiah will reign as King at a time when all the Jewish people will observe G-d’s commandments (Ezekiel 37:24; Deut. 30:8,10; Jeremiah 31:32; Ezekiel 11:19-20, 36:26-27).

Jesus never ruled as King, nor have all Jews embraced the commandments of G-d’s Torah.

Universal Knowledge of G-d

The Messiah will rule at a time when all the people of the world will come to acknowledge and serve the one true G-d (Zechariah 3:9, 8:23,14:9,16; Isaiah 45:23, 66:23; Jeremiah 31:33; Ezekiel 38:23; Psalm 86:9; Zeph. 3:9).

This, as well, has not yet taken place and we await its fulfillment.

Will happen during the his Second Coming.

The Messiah will rule at a time when all the people of the world will come to acknowledge and serve the one true G-d
not true of jesus, there was not a connection to rome purly an affront for the corruption of judaism including hereditary idolatry, apartheid heaven, rather they and those that gave their lives were for liberation theology, self determination a repudiation of the judaen religion itself.

all in the heavens are equals ... be whatever their title.

that will never be judaism, exactly what jesus and those willing to die for the true religion claimed during the 1st century events.

- the master race of moses the liar, judaism - will never be a heavenly religion.

all in the heavens are equals ... be whatever their title.

that will never be judaism, exactly what jesus and those willing to die for the true religion claimed during the 1st century events.

- the master race of moses the liar, judaism - will never be a heavenly religion.
Unlike Christianity and Islam, Judaism doesn't require you to convert to have a share in the world to come. Of course, if you want to convert and are doing it for the sake of heaven, Judaism welcomes you.

The Jewish People were tasked with bringing the knowledge of the One True G-d to the world; this is what "chosen" means. They have suffered mightily to bring this knowledge to the nations.

Why were the Jewish People exiled to the four corners of the world? For this very reason.

The time has come for the nations to make peace with G-d's suffering servant, the Jewish People.

The Italians killed Jesus

Tortured him, beat him and crucified him
Yea but they did it for the Jews. The Jews had a choice. Free Jesus or Barabus, a murderer. They freed the murderer.

I don't even believe these stories. I'm just finding it funny today's Christians who side with Israel for political reasons are the same ones who were butt sore as kids because their parents told them Jews killed Jesus.

Yea but they did it for the Jews. The Jews had a choice. Free Jesus or Barabus, a murderer. They freed the murderer.

I don't even believe these stories. I'm just finding it funny today's Christians who side with Israel for political reasons are the same ones who were butt sore as kids because their parents told them Jews killed Jesus.
My parents never told me that Jews killed Jesus.

The movies I saw in Sunday School made it clear that the Romans killed Jesus. They saw his movement as a threat to the Roman Empire.

The movies I saw in Sunday School made it clear that the Romans killed Jesus. They saw his movement as a threat to the Roman Empire.
That's not what Christians taught their kids in the 1970's.

There's two ways of looking at it. They way you put it and the way they put it. Where Cesar gave the Jews a chance to save Jesus and they picked Barabus.

That's not what Christians taught their kids in the 1970's.

There's two ways of looking at it. They way you put it and the way they put it. Where Cesar gave the Jews a chance to save Jesus and they picked Barabus.
SO? if they chose Jesus---then they would be guilty of murdering Barabas----the story is kinda
silly

How come the number is going up? This from 2004. Blame Passion of the Christ. Mel Gibson

Belief that Jews were Responsible for Christ’s Death Increases​

Prevalent Among Young People, Minorities and 'Passion of Christ' Viewers​

A growing minority of Americans believe that Jews were responsible for Christ’s death. Roughly a quarter of the public (26%) now expresses that view. This represents a modest but statistically significant increase in the number holding this opinion when compared with a 1997 survey by ABC News which found 19% feeling this way. But a solid majority of Americans both then and now (60%) continue to say that Jews were not responsible for the death of Christ.

Ah, it's young people and blacks

Currently, 34% of those below age 30 and 42% of blacks say they feel Jews were responsible for Christ’s death, up substantially from 1997 (10% and 21%, respectively). By contrast, there has been far less movement among older Americans and among whites.

Funny because I'm 52 and when I was a kid, white Christians said Jews killed Jesus. But maybe they grew up and stopped listening to their racist parents.

A lot of them are Atheist now and don't even give a shit.

The increasing sense among some groups that Jews were responsible for Christ’s death comes amid controversy over the Mel Gibson movie “The Passion of the Christ.” A relatively large proportion of people who have seen the movie (36%) feel Jews were responsible for Christ’s death. However, this is also the case among people who plan to see the movie (29%), suggesting people who are drawn to this movie may be predisposed to this opinion more than others. By comparison, just 17% of those who have no plans to see the movie believe that Jews were responsible for Christ’s death.

No wonder we are so fucked up

As in previous surveys, the public remains divided over whether the Bible is actually the word of God and should be taken literally. Currently, four-in-ten Americans express that opinion, while about as many (42%) say the Bible is the word of God, but that not everything in it should be taken literally. Just 13% think the Bible is a book written by men and is not the word of God.

A solid majority of white and black evangelical Protestants believe that the Bible is literally the world of God (70% and 71%, respectively). Only about a quarter of white non-evangelical Protestants (24%) and white Catholics (25%) share this belief.

SO? if they chose Jesus---then they would be guilty of murdering Barabas----the story is kinda
silly
Lets see. Free the son of god "they didn't believe it, blasphemy" or a murderer.

Can't believe they didn't pick Jesus.

Guilty of executing a murderer?

Italians had a choice

They were the ones driving the nails in

How come the number is going up? This from 2004. Blame Passion of the Christ. Mel Gibson

A growing minority of Americans believe that Jews were responsible for Christ’s death. Roughly a quarter of the public (26%) now expresses that view. This represents a modest but statistically significant increase in the number holding this opinion when compared with a 1997 survey by ABC News which found 19% feeling this way. But a solid majority of Americans both then and now (60%) continue to say that Jews were not responsible for the death of Christ.

Ah, it's young people and blacks

Currently, 34% of those below age 30 and 42% of blacks say they feel Jews were responsible for Christ’s death, up substantially from 1997 (10% and 21%, respectively). By contrast, there has been far less movement among older Americans and among whites.

Funny because I'm 52 and when I was a kid, white Christians said Jews killed Jesus. But maybe they grew up and stopped listening to their racist parents.

A lot of them are Atheist now and don't even give a shit.

The increasing sense among some groups that Jews were responsible for Christ’s death comes amid controversy over the Mel Gibson movie “The Passion of the Christ.” A relatively large proportion of people who have seen the movie (36%) feel Jews were responsible for Christ’s death. However, this is also the case among people who plan to see the movie (29%), suggesting people who are drawn to this movie may be predisposed to this opinion more than others. By comparison, just 17% of those who have no plans to see the movie believe that Jews were responsible for Christ’s death.

No wonder we are so fucked up

As in previous surveys, the public remains divided over whether the Bible is actually the word of God and should be taken literally. Currently, four-in-ten Americans express that opinion, while about as many (42%) say the Bible is the word of God, but that not everything in it should be taken literally. Just 13% think the Bible is a book written by men and is not the word of God.

A solid majority of white and black evangelical Protestants believe that the Bible is literally the world of God (70% and 71%, respectively). Only about a quarter of white non-evangelical Protestants (24%) and white Catholics (25%) share this belief.
Lately ---even the muslims claim that DA JEWS KILLED JESUS---(for the record---they do not believe the crucifixion story---officially---but for the sale of "DA JOOOS DONE IT"---they are willing to buy in----Arafart started the trend

silly

Barabbas was a murderer, a seditionist, a robber and was called a "notorious prisoner." So why on earth would you say "then they would be guilty of murdering Barabas"? Do you believe that the death penalty is the same thing as murder?

I watched "The Passion of Christ," and I do not believe that "The Jews" are responsible for the crucifixion.

Some Jews called for the crucifixion. They did not represent all Jews for all time, All Jews at the time, and even all Jews in Jerusalem at the time. They did not even represent most Jews in Jerusalem at the time.

For reasons I have difficulty understanding, hostility to Jews is increasing in the United States. Because the vast majority of Jews are good people those who hate then need to invent excuses.

Barabbas was a murderer, a seditionist, a robber and was called a "notorious prisoner." So why on earth would you say "then they would be guilty of murdering Barabas"? Do you believe that the death penalty is the same thing as murder?
At the time-----the only reason a person got crucified was for SEDITION AGAINST ROME.
If a jew murdered a jew----that would not be an
issue for the Romans---nor would a jew robbing
another jew. You got the name of the roman
that Barabas "murdered" As to "murder"---the
jellybean story line is that THE JEWS MURDERED
JESUS BY FORCING THE ROMANS TO CRUCIFY JESUS-------that story is even sillier. What crime
did Jesus commit against Rome (this is a quiz--there is an answer)

Forum List

Back