Do republicans realize how alone they are on the issue of global warming?

I said according to who...and you posted that information? or making an assumption because you cannot provide that information?

Always with the liberal obscure answer. Just answer the question.

Uh yeah, so is it Earth or man? Real simple answer.....

It's not a liberal answer...Answers don't end with Question Marks so lets try this again.

You said the earth has way more effect on the earth than humans. That is a statement of fact. I asked you According to who? Did you forget where you got that information? Lost the link?
During the 12th century, written logs indicate unusually long summers and winters without snow.
Care to explain THAT?....Must have been all that human activity. WHY?...Because it MUST have.
Because that is what your agenda has you believing.
http://www.pages-igbp.org/download/docs/Vinther_2011-1(27).pdf

Last edited:
Interesting how the denialists here post unsupported flap-yap, and the people worried about the effects of the climate change we are currently seeing, post real science from the scientists.

No warming in 20 years, skyrocketing CO2 emissions.

That's the 3rd time you said that so let me ask this question that others seem unable to answer:

What does no warming in the last 20 years have to do with Global Warming?

It has nothing to do with global warming....but it has EVERYTHING to do with the failed theory of anthropogenic global warming.

Everything....

Do republicans realize how alone they are on the issue of global warming?

Galileo Galilei was alone, wasn't he?

No, he had most of the natural philosophers in the world on his side. But the power of the time, the Church, fought the truth. Today, in this nation, the power of the time is the Corperations, and they are fighting the truth, just as the Church did in Galileo's time.

I see it in the opposite. I see the AGW crowd as religious in that they have a blind faith in a hockey stick graph and a hypocritical, fat ex-politician that hatched a plan to sell tickets to heaven in the form of carbon credits.

Big Oil and billionnaire polluters pay for for the RW brainwashing, and the character assassination of AlGore...so no.

Ah, here we go again with the evil oil and evil corporations bullshit. the brainwashing is being done by the left wing media and left wing academia that are determined to classify human beings as a pollutant and demand that humans leave the earth.
BTW, since you hate oil, what fuel do you suggest replacing it with? what fuel is currently available in the quantities needed to power all of the cars, trucks, buses, trains, and planes that make the world economy work?

Tell us, what magic fuel will replace evil oil?

You deserve nothing more than mocking

face-of-fail-small.jpg
Answer the question...Or be silent.

Big Oil and billionnaire polluters pay for for the RW brainwashing, and the character assassination of AlGore...so no.

Ah, here we go again with the evil oil and evil corporations bullshit. the brainwashing is being done by the left wing media and left wing academia that are determined to classify human beings as a pollutant and demand that humans leave the earth.

BTW, since you hate oil, what fuel do you suggest replacing it with? what fuel is currently available in the quantities needed to power all of the cars, trucks, buses, trains, and planes that make the world economy work?

Stupid arguement. No one hates oil. It powered the advances that we have seen in the last century. However, it did so at a price. Same for coal.

What will replace oil? Renewables. Things that we can grow, or take from nature, solar, wind, geothermal, waved and current power, without creating major problems.

When we get the science of electrical storage down, a materials science problem that is making strides as we post, most transportation will be powered by electricity. The rest will be powered by biofuels.

In the meantime, we are allready seeing problems created by the climate change from global warmng, and will even more in the future. We had best consider how to deal with the consequences of these changes, and start doing the neccessary building.
Fine. Let the geniuses figure it out. In the mean time we have what we have.
So why the alarmist whining?
The issue here is government wants to make up rules and regulations so that it can start taxing us NOW for stuff that is 50 to 100 years down the road.
There is no such thing as man made global warming or climate change. There is NO empirical evidence to that effect.

Pass the pipe, fella. The models have failed. No warming in 20 years while CO2 wmissions have skyrocketed.

What's the scientific definition of "skyrocket"? You have a lot of nerve claiming to quote solid data and then throwing in a loaded word. When Gore does that you howl and scream. That's just more proof that this is all about the politics and that you don't really understand or care about the science. You're just parroting whatever fits your bias and ignoring everything else.

Interesting how the denialists here post unsupported flap-yap, and the people worried about the effects of the climate change we are currently seeing, post real science from the scientists.

what you warmist fools fail to grasp is that IF the climate is changing, humans have nothing to do with it, cannot stop it, and changing lifestyles will do nothing but make tax dollars for marxists.

Then where's the CO2 coming from? You love to make declarations, but hide from the tough questions.

Dude..Where do you think clouds come from?
It's not a zero sum game...
Here's a test..Without looking up, can you tell me what "virga" is?

Condensing water vapor?

When a water molecule evaporates it draws in energy. When a water molecule condenses it gives off heat.

https://www-pls.llnl.gov/?url=science_and_technology-earth_sciences-moisture

Increase in Atmospheric Moisture Tied to Human Activities

Observations and climate model results confirm that human-induced warming of the planet is having a pronounced effect on the atmosphere’s total moisture content. Those are the findings of a new study appearing in the Sept. 17 online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

“When you heat the planet, you increase the ability of the atmosphere to hold moisture,” said Benjamin Santer, lead author from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Program for Climate Modeling and Intercomparison. “The atmosphere’s water vapor content has increased by about 0.41 kilograms per square meter (kg/m²) per decade since 1988, and natural variability in climate just can’t explain this moisture change. The most plausible explanation is that it’s due to the human-caused increase in greenhouse gases.”

More water vapor – which is itself a greenhouse gas – amplifies the warming effect of increased atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide. This is what scientists call a “positive feedback.”

Using 22 different computer models of the climate system and measurements from the satellite-based Special Sensor Microwave Imager (SSM/I), atmospheric scientists from LLNL and eight other international research centers have shown that the recent increase in moisture content over the bulk of the world’s oceans is not due to solar forcing or gradual recovery from the 1991 eruption of Mount Pinatubo. The primary driver of this ‘atmospheric moistening’ is the increase in carbon dioxide caused by the burning of fossil fuels.

“This is the first identification of a human fingerprint on the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere,” Santer said. “Fingerprint” studies seek to identify the causes of recent climate change and involve rigorous comparisons of modeled and observed climate change patterns. To date, most fingerprint studies have focused on temperature changes at the Earth’s surface, in the free atmosphere, or in the oceans, or have considered variables whose behavior is directly related to changes in atmospheric temperature.

That's right. You add more heat (regardless of the source) and you get more H2O gas. More condensation too. Bigger clouds. Bigger storms.

You deserve nothing more than mocking

face-of-fail-small.jpg
Answer the question...Or be silent.

He thinks someone thinks that humans should leave the earth as a solution...He deserves nothing but mock

Stupid arguement. No one hates oil. It powered the advances that we have seen in the last century. However, it did so at a price. Same for coal.

What will replace oil? Renewables. Things that we can grow, or take from nature, solar, wind, geothermal, waved and current power, without creating major problems.

When we get the science of electrical storage down, a materials science problem that is making strides as we post, most transportation will be powered by electricity. The rest will be powered by biofuels.

In the meantime, we are allready seeing problems created by the climate change from global warmng, and will even more in the future. We had best consider how to deal with the consequences of these changes, and start doing the neccessary building.

we have people starving in the world yet you libs want to use food for fuel? or food made into plastics? food into plastics have been around since henry ford, still nothing new that could replace oil 2. Our electrical grid is outdated and was not built to plug in over 200 million cars at night and 3. electric cars have been around since gas powerd cars and the battery technology still sucks. you wont see any major advancements for a another 200 years no matter how much money you throw at it.

That's the 3rd time you said that so let me ask this question that others seem unable to answer:

What does no warming in the last 20 years have to do with Global Warming?

It has nothing to do with global warming....but it has EVERYTHING to do with the failed theory of anthropogenic global warming.

Everything....

How so?

Because the claim from the revisionists has been that CO2 drives temperatures. The sceptics have maintained that all the rising temps were natural variation. The Vostock ice core data shows that CO2 LAGS temperature by hundreds of years and the revisionists have twisted themselves up in knots trying to explain away that fact...and then they resorted to trying to revise that historical record.

The computer models have ALL failed to address the flat temps. On the other hand the solar cycle theories of global warming show a 100% correlation between global temperature going all the way back for 1,500 years......and no data falsification was neccessary to show that.

SCIENCE syas that AGW is a fraud. There is not one single shred of empirical data that supports it. Not one...just those fevered, failed, computer models.

what you warmist fools fail to grasp is that IF the climate is changing, humans have nothing to do with it, cannot stop it, and changing lifestyles will do nothing but make tax dollars for marxists.

Then where's the CO2 coming from? You love to make declarations, but hide from the tough questions.

The CO2 rise is directly tied into the MWP which occurred 800 years ago. The Vostock ice core data shows that CO2 lags temp rises by up to 800 years. This recent spike in CO2 levels is 800 years after the MWP thus the best evidence we have is that the CO2 levels of today are tied directly to the MWP of 800 years ago.

Condensing water vapor?

When a water molecule evaporates it draws in energy. When a water molecule condenses it gives off heat.

Observations and climate model results confirm that human-induced warming of the planet is having a pronounced effect on the atmosphere’s total moisture content. Those are the findings of a new study appearing in the Sept. 17 online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

“When you heat the planet, you increase the ability of the atmosphere to hold moisture,” said Benjamin Santer, lead author from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Program for Climate Modeling and Intercomparison. “The atmosphere’s water vapor content has increased by about 0.41 kilograms per square meter (kg/m²) per decade since 1988, and natural variability in climate just can’t explain this moisture change. The most plausible explanation is that it’s due to the human-caused increase in greenhouse gases.”

More water vapor – which is itself a greenhouse gas – amplifies the warming effect of increased atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide. This is what scientists call a “positive feedback.”

Using 22 different computer models of the climate system and measurements from the satellite-based Special Sensor Microwave Imager (SSM/I), atmospheric scientists from LLNL and eight other international research centers have shown that the recent increase in moisture content over the bulk of the world’s oceans is not due to solar forcing or gradual recovery from the 1991 eruption of Mount Pinatubo. The primary driver of this ‘atmospheric moistening’ is the increase in carbon dioxide caused by the burning of fossil fuels.

“This is the first identification of a human fingerprint on the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere,” Santer said. “Fingerprint” studies seek to identify the causes of recent climate change and involve rigorous comparisons of modeled and observed climate change patterns. To date, most fingerprint studies have focused on temperature changes at the Earth’s surface, in the free atmosphere, or in the oceans, or have considered variables whose behavior is directly related to changes in atmospheric temperature.

That's right. You add more heat (regardless of the source) and you get more H2O gas. More condensation too. Bigger clouds. Bigger storms.

So where does all that cold figure in? What you describe will certainly cause more rain...but not more snow...which I have had in my yard for the last three days running. It is currently 35 degrees below average right now.

Psalm 23 Holy Bible AGW version

1 The GORE is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me errect windmills in green pastures:

he selleth me worthless carbon credits.
3 He recycleth my soul:

he leadeth me into the poorhouse for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: for GORE art with me;
thy hockey stick graff and thy carbon footprint, they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a fable before me and encourage mine enemies:

thou drainest my vehicle of oil;
my tax bill runneth over.
6 Surely sadness and poverty shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the GORE for ever.

So where does all that cold figure in? What you describe will certainly cause more rain...but not more snow...which I have had in my yard for the last three days running. It is currently 35 degrees below average right now.

ssssssh! its "climate change" they dont care whats in your yard that confuses them. lol we must close our eyes and just believe gosh darn it!!!!

Everything....

How so?

Because the claim from the revisionists has been that CO2 drives temperatures. The sceptics have maintained that all the rising temps were natural variation. The Vostock ice core data shows that CO2 LAGS temperature by hundreds of years and the revisionists have twisted themselves up in knots trying to explain away that fact...and then they resorted to trying to revise that historical record.

The computer models have ALL failed to address the flat temps. On the other hand the solar cycle theories of global warming show a 100% correlation between global temperature going all the way back for 1,500 years......and no data falsification was neccessary to show that.

SCIENCE syas that AGW is a fraud. There is not one single shred of empirical data that supports it. Not one...just those fevered, failed, computer models.

Googled Vostock Ice Core:

Does this prove that CO2 doesn’t cause global warming? The answer is no.

The reason has to do with the fact that the warmings take about 5000 years to be complete. The lag is only 800 years. All that the lag shows is that CO2 did not cause the first 800 years of warming, out of the 5000 year trend. The other 4200 years of warming could in fact have been caused by CO2, as far as we can tell from this ice core data.

The 4200 years of warming make up about 5/6 of the total warming. So CO2 could have caused the last 5/6 of the warming, but could not have caused the first 1/6 of the warming.

It comes as no surprise that other factors besides CO2 affect climate. Changes in the amount of summer sunshine, due to changes in the Earth’s orbit around the sun that happen every 21,000 years, have long been known to affect the comings and goings of ice ages. Atlantic ocean circulation slowdowns are thought to warm Antarctica, also.

RealClimate: What does the lag of CO2 behind temperature in ice cores tell us about global warming?

West Wall looks out his window for insight to GLOBAL occurrences...He's the Sarah Palin of Global Warming...He can see snow from his porch

Both rain and snow are products of condensation. It was a very mild winter and so far a very mild spring here in SE Texas this year.

Forum List

Back