Do republicans realize how alone they are on the issue of global warming?

It's not exactly a gop/dem issue. Multi-nationals ans insurance companies already factor in GW costs, and modify their biz plans to adjust. The gop funded media here simply flogs public opinion to elect pols who will not use govt regulations to modify behavior. And the liberal funded media do the opposite. Generally the gop is winning ... because they have more money.

In the end, it probably doesn't matter. We will adapt and will use the least expensive energy source we can find.

The gop "media"dosent flog peoples opinion . Unless your unaware of it people do go outside once in awhile and were not born last night. Lmao

Absolutely, there's no mellon scafide type influence in the media. None whatsoever. Move along, nothing here.

They have no interest in science. Their only pseudo defense is personal attacking everyone and everything so they don't have to challenge the science. So they'll say the scientist want money, Alarmist want to kill oil, Alarmist stink, Scientist are really working with environmentalist on some evil plan to clean the earth (or something). Or they'll simply look out their window, see a cool day and say "What warming?" as proof that science is wrong

Global warming is an excellent opportunity for concerned nations to dip their hands into the pockets of America. Intelligent people know you cannot legislate the climate.

Seriously, how can this be a politically motivated ideology when the INTERNATIONAL scientific community overwhelming believes it to be a very real, man made phenomenon.

I really think if a douche like Al Gore hadn't shined the light on it, the US would be on board. It should have been independent scientists that came forward on this issue. Of course then Americans would just ignore it because they are willfully ignorant.

"Alone"? Is that a scientific term? I'm glad that the left admits that GW is a political issue. It's easy yo see the "international scientific community" is in it for the money with lavish grants and energy agendas and even blatant extortion schemes. The guru of global warming , Al Gore is a hypocrite who was trying to sell fictitious "carbon credits" until the market fell apart. GW is a freaking religious experience to the left. We are expected to trust the "findings" of self described scientists who tell us not to believe what we see and feel and instead substitute their concept of reality. Tune into the "weather channel". They will tell you that March was the coldest in more than a decade.

It's very evident that you do not know anything about the science behind this. Why do you bother? Stop watching Fox News and educate yourself.

Where is the proof?

Here is Alec Rawls leaked report and commentary:

Full AR5 draft leaked here, contains game-changing admission of enhanced solar forcing

I participated in “expert review” of the Second Order Draft of AR5 (the next IPCC report), Working Group 1 (“The Scientific Basis”), and am now making the full draft available to the public. I believe that the leaking of this draft is entirely legal, that the taxpayer funded report is properly in the public domain under the Freedom of Information Act, and that making it available to the public is in any case protected by established legal and ethical standards, but web hosting companies are not in the business of making such determinations so interested readers are encouraged to please download copies of the report for further dissemination in case this content is removed as a possible terms-of-service violation. My reasons for leaking the report are explained below. Here are the chapters:

Seriously, how can this be a politically motivated ideology when the INTERNATIONAL scientific community overwhelming believes it to be a very real, man made phenomenon.

I really think if a douche like Al Gore hadn't shined the light on it, the US would be on board. It should have been independent scientists that came forward on this issue. Of course then Americans would just ignore it because they are willfully ignorant.

The international scientific community or at least part of it got busted for manipulating and in some cases falsifying data. This was done to produce desired conclusions.
NASA did a study that indicated over the last 100 years the Earth's avg temperature increased by 1.8* C...When pressed for an explanation, NASA scientists could off no explanation save the natural cycles in the climate of the planet, there was no evidence that the increase was caused by human activity. This made people in the global warning community very upset.
This entire issue is about political gain and political power. I state this because the so called solutions DO NOTHING to reduce the alleged causes of the temperature increase. The ideas( Cap and Trade being one) simply move the pieces around the chess board. And of course, the regulations create new taxes.
AlGore had nothing to do with this. if it had been the Easter Bunny, the resistance to this nonsense would have been the same.
We have heard Obama state over and over that he wants green whatever. His administration spent billions on loan guarantees, full funding, rebates for electric cars etc. The result is a complete waste of taxpayer resources.
For Christ's sake the same limousine liberals who are on board with this, reacted with a collective "Oh no you don't"..when a proposed wind farm was to be located off the shore of Martha's Vineyard.
Yeah, green energy stuff is fine for the great unwashed masses, but the nation's left wing blue bloods? Forget it.

You act as though just because the scientific community can't fully understand it that somehow undermines the integrity of the idea. It doesn't. Plus, it isn't about "warming". It's about climate irregularity. I shouldn't have said "global warming" in this post. It's an outdated, oversimplication of the phenomenon.

Oh..So now the narrative is being changed once again. First it was 'global warming'..Then is was 'climate change'. And now we're going to endure 'climate irregularities'..
If you do not see this as merely a political tool to further an agenda, you have definitely consumed the Kool-Aid.

Oh my, here we go again. Every time there is a pause or slight downturn in the warming, these idiots start hollering that GHGs don't really warm the atmosphere. But as soon at the temperture climbs to new highs, it is all about natural cycles, even though they cannot name these cycles.

Every Scientific Society in the world, every National Academy of Science, and every major University states that AGW is a fact, and that it represents a clear and present danger. Irregardless of the political systems of the nation the Scientific Society, National Academy of Science, or University is based in. So, are you denialists positing a worldwide conspiracy of scientists to mislead us? Are you saying that the scientists worldwide are incompetant? What is it that you are stating?

When named, Glacier National Park had over 150 glaciers. Today, it has less than 30. By 2030, it will have none. It was predicted by these 'Alarmists' in 2000 that the Arctic Ocean would be ice free part for part the summer by 2100. Now we are looking at the distinct possibility that it will be ice free by 2020, possibly sooner. Yet those living in the 'Conservative' alternative reality are still stating that nothing is happening.
Here's the problem with you believers....You refuse to walk the walk. You bitch and moan about (choose the term of the week) yet you do nothing to help. You still drive your auto. You still use electricity. You still use oil/natural gas/propane. You still use synthetic materials and other petro-derivative products.
It's classic "do as I say, not as I do" liberalism.
If you are so convinced the planet is about to spontaneously combust, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....Lip service don't count.

I'm curious. For the global warming/climate change/climate irregularities crowd out there, what's the end-game of global warming/climate change/climate irregularities? Do the seas rise above all land, forcing human to live on boats? Does the earth spontaneously combust? And if there are these doomsday scenarios, what's the time frame? 5 years? 10 years? 100 years? 1,000 years? 1,000,000 years?

The same people who sound the alarm about global warming/climate change/climate irregularities are the same ones who ridicule the idea of religion, specifically that of creation, believing that humans evolved over millions of years from previous lifeforms. If humans are the result of constant evolving and adapting to their environments around them, then even if the earth warms up a little bit, will we cease to continue evolving and adapting to said changes? Will our skin not turn darker to adapt to more sun? Will we not be able to adapt to handle warmer/colder temperatures in general? Will something happen to prevent humans from rebuilding after natural disasters strike?

I'm inquisitive like that.

You act as though just because the scientific community can't fully understand it that somehow undermines the integrity of the idea. It doesn't. Plus, it isn't about "warming". It's about climate irregularity. I shouldn't have said "global warming" in this post. It's an outdated, oversimplication of the phenomenon.

The very first post exposed your conspiracy for the bullshit it is and your response?

Please wait while I move the goal posts.

Hahaha

Moron

THose scientists do not believe in Creation. Those scientists do not believe the Flood happened. Those scientists do not believe God is in control. What makes you think Mr. Gore is any worse than the rest of them? They all milk issues to milk the public...

On the contrary, the scientists believe in Creation, just not the mythology of a particular religion concerning Creation. Floods, especially massive floods, leave ample evidence of their passing. There is zero evidence for a worldwide flood. If God is in control, that is some Diety you propose. Where was that Diety at Auschwitz?

Al Gore is not a scientist. He is a successful politician turned very successful businessman. And you sit critisizing scientists as you type a post on a computer hooked to the internet.
Where do you think that computer came from? The efforts of one of your holy roller preachers? People like you are a hoot. You cannot recognize the irony of your anti-science posts.

I do not believe in the myth of evolution. The computer was CREATED by the power of the human mind as allowed by God for man to do. The computer did not evolve on its own from a lone computer chip that was struck by lightening millions and millions of years ago. You cannot see that the telegraph repeater didn't change into a phonogrph, into a gramophone, into orthophonic sound, into hi fidelity, into stereo electronics. Each was a specific creation (though a progression of knowledge). God knows it all.

What does God say about why it killed off all the Dinosaurs? Or better yet why did it let the Earth get covered by ice and let 90% of the living creature die off?

and do you see what the problem is? first global cooling then global warming now climate change.... blah blah blah it has been going on for milliions of years. and your right the scientist should of kept the politics out of this.

The scientists are just reporting the facts. It's the skeptics/deniers that are making this a political football, because that about all they've got. They can't explain where the extra CO2 is coming from, if it's not the result of man's influence. They can't explain what happens to the extra trapped IR radiation resulting from higher CO2 concentrations. That's why they've got to tout the political aspects. The deniers don't have the answers that fit the facts.

Don't try that dodge around here. It won't wash...

The "extra" CO2. :lmao:

As of now, the models that indicate CO2 increases correlates to higher temperatures have failed. Go back to the drawing board and come back to the public with something that isnt a failure. Maybe then this topic will hold merits beyond entertainment.

Are you trying to tell me that CO2 doesn't absorb IR? Do you have any idea how great the standard error is in those time estimates you're hanging your hat on? Your arguments tell me you don't understand the science at all, you're just parroting a political line. Wake up and smell the roses in the real world.

"Alone"? Is that a scientific term? I'm glad that the left admits that GW is a political issue. It's easy yo see the "international scientific community" is in it for the money with lavish grants and energy agendas and even blatant extortion schemes. The guru of global warming , Al Gore is a hypocrite who was trying to sell fictitious "carbon credits" until the market fell apart. GW is a freaking religious experience to the left. We are expected to trust the "findings" of self described scientists who tell us not to believe what we see and feel and instead substitute their concept of reality. Tune into the "weather channel". They will tell you that March was the coldest in more than a decade.

It's very evident that you do not know anything about the science behind this. Why do you bother? Stop watching Fox News and educate yourself.
And you are the expert? Fine. We will accept Billy as an expert witness.
So, oh great one, tell us what you know that we do not.

The "extra" CO2. :lmao:

As of now, the models that indicate CO2 increases correlates to higher temperatures have failed. Go back to the drawing board and come back to the public with something that isnt a failure. Maybe then this topic will hold merits beyond entertainment.

Are you trying to tell me that CO2 doesn't absorb IR? Do you have any idea how great the standard error is in those time estimates you're hanging your hat on? Your arguments tell me you don't understand the science at all, you're just parroting a political line. Wake up and smell the roses in the real world.

He's not trying. He DID tell you. In fact many of the very same scientists who were once being paid to study GW or CC, are now singing a much different tune.

Oh my, here we go again. Every time there is a pause or slight downturn in the warming, these idiots start hollering that GHGs don't really warm the atmosphere. But as soon at the temperture climbs to new highs, it is all about natural cycles, even though they cannot name these cycles.

Every Scientific Society in the world, every National Academy of Science, and every major University states that AGW is a fact, and that it represents a clear and present danger. Irregardless of the political systems of the nation the Scientific Society, National Academy of Science, or University is based in. So, are you denialists positing a worldwide conspiracy of scientists to mislead us? Are you saying that the scientists worldwide are incompetant? What is it that you are stating?

When named, Glacier National Park had over 150 glaciers. Today, it has less than 30. By 2030, it will have none. It was predicted by these 'Alarmists' in 2000 that the Arctic Ocean would be ice free part for part the summer by 2100. Now we are looking at the distinct possibility that it will be ice free by 2020, possibly sooner. Yet those living in the 'Conservative' alternative reality are still stating that nothing is happening.
Here's the problem with you believers....You refuse to walk the walk. You bitch and moan about (choose the term of the week) yet you do nothing to help. You still drive your auto. You still use electricity. You still use oil/natural gas/propane. You still use synthetic materials and other petro-derivative products.
It's classic "do as I say, not as I do" liberalism.
If you are so convinced the planet is about to spontaneously combust, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....Lip service don't count.

See? They have no facts to back them up so they result in personal attacks that border on stupidity times infinity.

You can see here from the post above, he ignores science, facts and proof and chooses to go at the personally. Not only personally but his requirements are insane. He believes that if you drive a car and use electricity that you don't "really care" about global warming. :cuckoo: Next he'll require anyone complaining about air and water quality to stop breathing and drinking water

OK, lets go slow. you agree that there are normal climatic cycles, and then you claim that man has disrupted them by driving SUVs and allowing cows to fart.

if the cycles are "natural" then man has nothing to do with them.

Never said man had anything to do with natural cycles. What isn't natural is the increase in CO2 and the increase in temps over time. Where's the CO2 coming from? What happens to the extra IR radiation trapped? Those are the important questions. You're acting as if it's an either/or question between natural cycles and AGW, when logically there's no way it couldn't be both.

what unnatural is for you warmers to continue to repeat lies, even after your lies have been proven to be lies.

What lies would that be? Are you saying CO2 doesn't absorb IR? I've got a spectrophotometer that says different. Are you saying that CO2 hasn't been going up? Even the skeptics wouldn't admit to that. Given those two facts, where's the energy going? There is a little thing called the Law of Conservation of Energy and I'm afraid it doesn't matter how many votes you get, you ain't gonna repeal that one.

Oh..So now the narrative is being changed once again. First it was 'global warming'..Then is was 'climate change'. And now we're going to endure 'climate irregularities'..
If you do not see this as merely a political tool to further an agenda, you have definitely consumed the Kool-Aid.

Climate irregularities is what is used to describe summer, winter, rain, snow and sunny days.

On the contrary, the scientists believe in Creation, just not the mythology of a particular religion concerning Creation. Floods, especially massive floods, leave ample evidence of their passing. There is zero evidence for a worldwide flood. If God is in control, that is some Diety you propose. Where was that Diety at Auschwitz?

Al Gore is not a scientist. He is a successful politician turned very successful businessman. And you sit critisizing scientists as you type a post on a computer hooked to the internet.
Where do you think that computer came from? The efforts of one of your holy roller preachers? People like you are a hoot. You cannot recognize the irony of your anti-science posts.

I do not believe in the myth of evolution. The computer was CREATED by the power of the human mind as allowed by God for man to do. The computer did not evolve on its own from a lone computer chip that was struck by lightening millions and millions of years ago. You cannot see that the telegraph repeater didn't change into a phonogrph, into a gramophone, into orthophonic sound, into hi fidelity, into stereo electronics. Each was a specific creation (though a progression of knowledge). God knows it all.

What does God say about why it killed off all the Dinosaurs? Or better yet why did it let the Earth get covered by ice and let 90% of the living creature die off?

ha, you fell for that! These fossils are merely tricks of the Great Deciever, Satan. As for the myth of global warming .... TRUST THE LORD, for only he can move the seas and wind.

Forum List

Back