Do republicans realize how alone they are on the issue of global warming?

"But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy. Obviously, the owners of coal and oil will not be enthusiastic about this. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy" -- IPCC

"One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy" -- IPCC

"One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy" -- IPCC

Oh my, here we go again. Every time there is a pause or slight downturn in the warming, these idiots start hollering that GHGs don't really warm the atmosphere. But as soon at the temperture climbs to new highs, it is all about natural cycles, even though they cannot name these cycles.

Every Scientific Society in the world, every National Academy of Science, and every major University states that AGW is a fact, and that it represents a clear and present danger. Irregardless of the political systems of the nation the Scientific Society, National Academy of Science, or University is based in. So, are you denialists positing a worldwide conspiracy of scientists to mislead us? Are you saying that the scientists worldwide are incompetant? What is it that you are stating?

When named, Glacier National Park had over 150 glaciers. Today, it has less than 30. By 2030, it will have none. It was predicted by these 'Alarmists' in 2000 that the Arctic Ocean would be ice free part for part the summer by 2100. Now we are looking at the distinct possibility that it will be ice free by 2020, possibly sooner. Yet those living in the 'Conservative' alternative reality are still stating that nothing is happening.
Here's the problem with you believers....You refuse to walk the walk. You bitch and moan about (choose the term of the week) yet you do nothing to help. You still drive your auto. You still use electricity. You still use oil/natural gas/propane. You still use synthetic materials and other petro-derivative products.
It's classic "do as I say, not as I do" liberalism.
If you are so convinced the planet is about to spontaneously combust, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....Lip service don't count.

Who says we're not doing anything? That's just your version of the "bitch and moan". Doing something doesn't have to mean elimination, it can just mean cutting back. Haven't you heard the jeers about people driving their hybrids or bringing their own bags to grocery stores? You can't have it both ways and sound rational, you know.

No one has to "trust the lord". The failure of the predictions from the models, along with fraudulent data and peer pressure review is enough to know that while some of this climate science is very good knowledge, the narrative is contrived at best.

Never said man had anything to do with natural cycles. What isn't natural is the increase in CO2 and the increase in temps over time. Where's the CO2 coming from? What happens to the extra IR radiation trapped? Those are the important questions. You're acting as if it's an either/or question between natural cycles and AGW, when logically there's no way it couldn't be both.

what unnatural is for you warmers to continue to repeat lies, even after your lies have been proven to be lies.

What lies would that be? Are you saying CO2 doesn't absorb IR? I've got a spectrophotometer that says different. Are you saying that CO2 hasn't been going up? Even the skeptics wouldn't admit to that. Given those two facts, where's the energy going? There is a little thing called the Law of Conservation of Energy and I'm afraid it doesn't matter how many votes you get, you ain't gonna repeal that one.

The lie is that man is causing the climate of our planet to change. The truth is that the climate has been changing for millions of years and will be changing millions of years after man's brief time on the planet. Man has never, and will never, have any affect on the climate of planet earth.

to think otherwise is the height of ignorance and stupidity.

You act as though just because the scientific community can't fully understand it that somehow undermines the integrity of the idea. It doesn't. Plus, it isn't about "warming". It's about climate irregularity. I shouldn't have said "global warming" in this post. It's an outdated, oversimplication of the phenomenon.

Oh..So now the narrative is being changed once again. First it was 'global warming'..Then is was 'climate change'. And now we're going to endure 'climate irregularities'..
If you do not see this as merely a political tool to further an agenda, you have definitely consumed the Kool-Aid.

Climate irregularities is what is used to describe summer, winter, rain, snow and sunny days.

No it isn't. That's called weather. Climate is another story altogether. Your analogy is a off base as those who ask why they can't wear bikinis in winter, if there's such a thing as GW.

SO, we've seen skyrocketing emissions in the last 20 years from around the world, and yet temps have stayed the same, and somehow this is because of some one off natural cycle? :lmao:

This is why we laugh at you people. The whole basis of AGW is that carbon emissions are raising gloabl temperatures. Thats why we had guys like Gore thinking up cap and trade schemes etc... If carbon emissions are responsible for the increased temperatures, the last 20 years paints another story entirely.

Find a new scare tactic for your utopian dream. Noone with half a brain believes this bullshit.

Who said it was a "one off natural cycle"? The cycles are ongoing, it's the overall trend that's important. Typical problem for the deniers, they can't see the forest for the trees. I realize you depend heavily on ridicule, because that's all you've really got, neither science nor logic are on your side. Answer the question, what happens to the extra trapped energy whenever more CO2 is pumped into the atmosphere?

Some of it is being absorbed by the water cycle.

NOAA Ocean Explorer: Education - Multimedia Discovery Missions | Lesson 7 - The Water Cycle | Activities: Global Warming and the Water Cycle

Oh my, here we go again. Every time there is a pause or slight downturn in the warming, these idiots start hollering that GHGs don't really warm the atmosphere. But as soon at the temperture climbs to new highs, it is all about natural cycles, even though they cannot name these cycles.

Every Scientific Society in the world, every National Academy of Science, and every major University states that AGW is a fact, and that it represents a clear and present danger. Irregardless of the political systems of the nation the Scientific Society, National Academy of Science, or University is based in. So, are you denialists positing a worldwide conspiracy of scientists to mislead us? Are you saying that the scientists worldwide are incompetant? What is it that you are stating?

When named, Glacier National Park had over 150 glaciers. Today, it has less than 30. By 2030, it will have none. It was predicted by these 'Alarmists' in 2000 that the Arctic Ocean would be ice free part for part the summer by 2100. Now we are looking at the distinct possibility that it will be ice free by 2020, possibly sooner. Yet those living in the 'Conservative' alternative reality are still stating that nothing is happening.
Here's the problem with you believers....You refuse to walk the walk. You bitch and moan about (choose the term of the week) yet you do nothing to help. You still drive your auto. You still use electricity. You still use oil/natural gas/propane. You still use synthetic materials and other petro-derivative products.
If you are so convinced the planet is about to spontaneously combust, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....Lip service don't count.

Who says we're not doing anything? That's just your version of the "bitch and moan". Doing something doesn't have to mean elimination, it can just mean cutting back. Haven't you heard the jeers about people driving their hybrids or bringing their own bags to grocery stores? You can't have it both ways and sound rational, you know.

when the batteries in your hybrid wear out and go into a landfill -----------

how much fossil fuel energy does it take to make one battery for a hybrid? do you have any idea?

There are other carbon sinks too. i read a paper a bit ago that indicated the forests in North America are doing their part in carbon sinks. The whole claim is blown out of proportion to fit the political narrative.

Oh..So now the narrative is being changed once again. First it was 'global warming'..Then is was 'climate change'. And now we're going to endure 'climate irregularities'..
If you do not see this as merely a political tool to further an agenda, you have definitely consumed the Kool-Aid.

Climate irregularities is what is used to describe summer, winter, rain, snow and sunny days.

No it isn't. That's called weather. Climate is another story altogether. Your analogy is a off base as those who ask why they can't wear bikinis in winter, if there's such a thing as GW.

climate is the long term average of weather. the prophets of doom have been proven wrong. algore has been proven to be a fraud. the warmers have been proven to have faked data.

this is sick politics, nothing more.

what unnatural is for you warmers to continue to repeat lies, even after your lies have been proven to be lies.

What lies would that be? Are you saying CO2 doesn't absorb IR? I've got a spectrophotometer that says different. Are you saying that CO2 hasn't been going up? Even the skeptics wouldn't admit to that. Given those two facts, where's the energy going? There is a little thing called the Law of Conservation of Energy and I'm afraid it doesn't matter how many votes you get, you ain't gonna repeal that one.

The lie is that man is causing the climate of our planet to change. The truth is that the climate has been changing for millions of years and will be changing millions of years after man's brief time on the planet. Man has never, and will never, have any affect on the climate of planet earth.

to think otherwise is the height of ignorance and stupidity.

Where is the CO2 coming from? If AGW is a lie, then you should be able to answer that question. Of course climate has changed over millions of years, but that's NOT the point. Now we're talking HUNDREDS! Get it? It not just what's happening, but HOW FAST.

See? They have no facts to back them up so they result in personal attacks that border on stupidity times infinity.

You can see here from the post above, he ignores science, facts and proof and chooses to go at the personally. Not only personally but his requirements are insane. He believes that if you drive a car and use electricity that you don't "really care" about global warming. :cuckoo: Next he'll require anyone complaining about air and water quality to stop breathing and drinking water
Hey..Whatever it takes to get you people to follow up or shut up.
In other words, you believe. So walk the walk. Stop telling others what you believe they should do. Lead the way to enacting a solution to the problem YOU say exists.
Failing that, you are hot air.
Now, scientifically, there is ZERO empirical evidence that global warming/climate change/climate irregularity is caused by human activity.

SO, we've seen skyrocketing emissions in the last 20 years from around the world, and yet temps have stayed the same, and somehow this is because of some one off natural cycle? :lmao:

This is why we laugh at you people. The whole basis of AGW is that carbon emissions are raising gloabl temperatures. Thats why we had guys like Gore thinking up cap and trade schemes etc... If carbon emissions are responsible for the increased temperatures, the last 20 years paints another story entirely.

Find a new scare tactic for your utopian dream. Noone with half a brain believes this bullshit.

Who said it was a "one off natural cycle"? The cycles are ongoing, it's the overall trend that's important. Typical problem for the deniers, they can't see the forest for the trees. I realize you depend heavily on ridicule, because that's all you've really got, neither science nor logic are on your side. Answer the question, what happens to the extra trapped energy whenever more CO2 is pumped into the atmosphere?

NOAA Ocean Explorer: Education - Multimedia Discovery Missions | Lesson 7 - The Water Cycle | Activities: Global Warming and the Water Cycle

Lowering the pH of the oceans, thank you. :clap2:

See? They have no facts to back them up so they result in personal attacks that border on stupidity times infinity.

You can see here from the post above, he ignores science, facts and proof and chooses to go at the personally. Not only personally but his requirements are insane. He believes that if you drive a car and use electricity that you don't "really care" about global warming. :cuckoo: Next he'll require anyone complaining about air and water quality to stop breathing and drinking water
Hey..Whatever it takes to get you people to follow up or shut up.
In other words, you believe. So walk the walk. Stop telling others what you believe they should do. Lead the way to enacting a solution to the problem YOU say exists.
Failing that, you are hot air.
Now, scientifically, there is ZERO empirical evidence that global warming/climate change/climate irregularity is caused by human activity.

What part of believing in Global warming says anything about no electricity and no cars? ...I'll wait

Oh please..Do you really think that "hey look at what I'm doing" style over substance is doing a God damned thing to form an additional ice crystal in the Arctic Ocean?
Your hybrid cars...HA!..What the hell do you think makes the batteries? How much in fossil fuels are required to create them. And what happens to the batteries once the expiration date has passed?...
We reuse lots of stuff. We don't run around screeching about the sky falling.
You people want to stop me from using my vehicles to conduct business.

Oh please..Do you really think that "hey look at what I'm doing" style over substance is doing a God damned thing to form an additional ice crystal in the Arctic Ocean?
Your hybrid cars...HA!..What the hell do you think makes the batteries? How much in fossil fuels are required to create them. And what happens to the batteries once the expiration date has passed?...
We reuse lots of stuff. We don't run around screeching about the sky falling.
You people want to stop me from using my vehicles to conduct business.

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. As I've said, it's rarely about the science for the deniers. They couldn't care less. :cool:

LOLz

Not even OR is pushing that anymore

As I said, the science is the last thing the deniers care about. Here we have a case where the claim is made that dissolved CO2 doesn't lower pH, contrary to hundreds of years of chemical experimentation! Ever been to a real lab? Come to mine and I'll give you the education you're sorely lacking. :lol:

LOLz

As I said, the science is the last thing the deniers care about. Here we have a case where the claim is made that dissolved CO2 doesn't lower pH, contrary to hundreds of years of chemical experimentation! Ever been to a real lab? Come to mine and I'll give you the education you're sorely lacking. :lol:

What can you prove in a meth lab?

LOLz

What can you prove in a meth lab?

You're an ignorant troll.

Seriously, how can this be a politically motivated ideology when the INTERNATIONAL scientific community overwhelming believes it to be a very real, man made phenomenon.

I really think if a douche like Al Gore hadn't shined the light on it, the US would be on board. It should have been independent scientists that came forward on this issue. Of course then Americans would just ignore it because they are willfully ignorant.

Billy, fisrt there is no proof and the Earth has waaaaaay more to do with it than people....

Second, all these people seem to have the same thinking on all issues.
That's like saying PETA, NOW, NAACP, ACTUP, Queer Nation, ELF, Earth First, ACORN, and any of those other wacko groups are tottally different, when the believe the same thing on every issue. It's the same stuff, different packaging.

And by international I'm assuming you mean people that a)hate the US or b) are socialist in nature?

Ask this question, if Al Gore really believes this, why does he have multiple HUGE homes? Why does he use jets? why doesnt he do anything he wants us to do?

Forum List

Back