Do Republicans Think Corporations should pay no taxes?

Should corporations pay taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
If not, what tax on every dollar in profits is fair? And what do they pay now?

My belief is Republicans don't think corporations should pay any taxes. That's what their arguments suggest.
Sealy that happened under Obama....so why do you never ask Democrats that?

0 to 50,000 15%
50,000 to 75,000 $7,500 + 25% Of the amount over 50,000
75,000 to 100,000 $13,750 + 34% Of the amount over 75,000
100,000 to 335,000 $22,250 + 39% Of the amount over 100,000
335,000 to 10,000,000 $113,900 + 34% Of the amount over 335,000
10,000,000 to 15,000,000 $3,400,000 + 35% Of the amount over 10,000,000
15,000,000 to 18,333,333 $5,150,000 + 38% Of the amount over 15,000,000
18,333,333 and up 35%

Current amount...set it all to 15%......or even 10%....BUT if you move overseas....we double the tax.......keep the jobs in the US.
n
We either went along with GOP demands like these or the GOP said they would shut the government down.

Did Republican senators and governors disagree? What about them?
You talk as if shutting down this huge, unaccountable, and bankrupt government would be a bad thing.

You're speaking to someone who says" we have bills, and they have the money, so we must take it!"

Or just simply that they should pay their share proportionally.
And?

I've asked this before and it has never been answered.

What is their fair share?

Specifically in percentage or dollars and cents.

A percentage proportional to what others pay. The actual dollar amount is meaningless. Don't you believe their rate should be at least what you pay?
Do you believe that whatever they pay will be passed on to the consumer and the rest written off?
It might hurt profits, employee wages, bonus', expansion, hiring more employees, the economy, etc but you gotta pay your taxes.

I'd be OK with everyone paying 15% if it would work. Democrats aren't trying to over tax but it seems Republicans want to under tax and then wonder why we are broke
Not saying we shouldn't pay taxes, but I do expect that when taxed, those taxes are spent wisely and not wasted frivolously.

We are broke and in debt because those who are in charge can't control themselves.

And?

A percentage proportional to what others pay. The actual dollar amount is meaningless. Don't you believe their rate should be at least what you pay?
Do you believe that whatever they pay will be passed on to the consumer and the rest written off?
It might hurt profits, employee wages, bonus', expansion, hiring more employees, the economy, etc but you gotta pay your taxes.

I'd be OK with everyone paying 15% if it would work. Democrats aren't trying to over tax but it seems Republicans want to under tax and then wonder why we are broke
Not saying we shouldn't pay taxes, but I do expect that when taxed, those taxes are spent wisely and not wasted frivolously.

We are broke and in debt because those who are in charge can't control themselves.
Clinton had a surplus.

There isn't a strong position to not have a corporate tax, never really has been. This is more crap from the mind of a juvenile...

what tax on every dollar in profits is fair?

20%

And what do they pay now?

38.9%

My belief is Republicans don't think corporations should pay any taxes.

That's because you're out of touch with reality like most liberals...

That's what their arguments suggest.

Link?

Here is a question, how much do you pay in income taxes? Do you really pay anything?

And?

Clinton had a surplus.

5trillion in debt is not a surplus

There isn't a strong position to not have a corporate tax, never really has been. This is more crap from the mind of a juvenile...

20%

38.9%

Link?

Here is a question, how much do you pay in income taxes? Do you really pay anything?
I don't even look. I make less than $100,000 and more than $75,000 and my accountant told me how much to save/claim to put me in the lower tax bracket so that's what I did. I don't even see my paychecks but the amount keeps growing and I have a lot of toys. I don't get crying over taxes. Just give me a good economy please

And?

Clinton had a surplus.
You leftists constantly spew that Clinton had a surplus, but fail to recognize that it was a republican congress that enabled that to happen.
But when The Blamers 10 trillion dollar add-on is brought up, you hypocrites blame the republican congress.
It doesn't matter where the fault lies. It's always the Republicans fault. The democrats can do no wrong as long as the free stuff keeps rolling in.

And?

Clinton had a surplus.
And then the Dot.com bust occurred. As a result that caused $8 trillion in market losses. Which meant less tax revenue as taxpayers were able to reduce tax liabilities due to taking market losses.

I just watched a commercial (on Fox) promoting New York State as a business location. The commercial touts "lowest taxes" and "tax free" for a couple of years for new businesses. Is it possible that the liberal democrat elite understand that low corporate taxes stimulate the economy and the rest of the idiotic left wing rabble didn't get the word?
Is the State of New York in the black? If not, strangling revenue might be problematic.

Clinton had a surplus.
You leftists constantly spew that Clinton had a surplus, but fail to recognize that it was a republican congress that enabled that to happen.
But when The Blamers 10 trillion dollar add-on is brought up, you hypocrites blame the republican congress.
It doesn't matter where the fault lies. It's always the Republicans fault. The democrats can do no wrong as long as the free stuff keeps rolling in.
Imagine if bush didn't lie us into Iraq or give those tax breaks or send all those jobs overseas. Clinton signed NAFTA? Bush supersized it

We'd still have the Clinton surplus if not for Dennis hastert Tom delay and bush

Clinton had a surplus.
And then the Dot.com bust occurred. As a result that caused $8 trillion in market losses. Which meant less tax revenue as taxpayers were able to reduce tax liabilities due to taking market losses.
Easy to come back from if you don't send manufacturing jobs overseas.

Clinton had a surplus.
Imagine if bush didn't lie us into Iraq or give those tax breaks or send all those jobs overseas. Clinton signed NAFTA? Bush supersized it
Hillary voted for it.

If not, what tax on every dollar in profits is fair? And what do they pay now?

My belief is Republicans don't think corporations should pay any taxes. That's what their arguments suggest.

The reality is that corporations don't pay taxes because they just pass the cost off to the consumer resulting in an increase in the price of the goods and/or services they provide.

No, I don't think corporations or individuals should pay an income tax of any kind.

20%

38.9%

Link?

I don't even look. I make less than $100,000 and more than $75,000 and my accountant told me how much to save/claim to put me in the lower tax bracket so that's what I did. I don't even see my paychecks but the amount keeps growing and I have a lot of toys. I don't get crying over taxes. Just give me a good economy please

Do you receive a refund?

Does taxing the corporation somehow stop the progress of automation?

Good point considering automation is looked at to save money. We see fast food places looking at it more seriously with minimum wage increases. Taxing them more might prompt them to install computers to replace people.
There is no way a person can be expected to compete with robots just as an American worker cannot be expected to successfully compete with Chinese peasant labor. On a long enough timeline people are going to lose out to automation every time. This is coming no matter what we do to the tax code, any ideas what to do about it using only the private sector's methods?

Well, let's be honest about it. A machine does not call in sick. It does not require medical insurance, paid leave, maternity leave, file grievances, lawsuits, worker's comp claims, or constantly dial the thermostat up or down. A machine simply does its job without bitching and is only down for maintenance and repair.

Where do you think robots come from? Are they not produced by employees that need to be hired? The more money corporations have, the more work they need done... and thus the higher the wage offered.

So the solution is simple, once you consider that there is no truth to Marx's theory.

A theory is just that, when you offer a rebuttal I promise to read it, but for now lets skip it.

Robots can work 24-7-365, never get sick and when they do they are tossed into the recycle bin and replaced. They are never late to work, never need breaks and never leave early. So let's leave old Karl out of the issue and then you can respond as to why an industry would hire hundreds of skilled workers when a few can design a robot to be put together with plans not much different than those that came with an erector set.
The problem with automation is a thorny one and not really covered by any traditional economic model/philosophy. Are probably going to be forced to institute some sort of guaranteed income scheme just to keep fluidity in the greater economy.

It is a problem, but one which needs no theory to explain how it will impact jobs - it will reduce or eliminate them, and open up new careers for tech savvy engineers and entrepreneurs. Will it mean more unemployment, or will some social engineering need to take place, such as reducing the work week to 24 hours? making two 'week ends' in a week and creating more jobs in hobby areas, recreation, sports, art, music, etc.

In other words, Indian Business Visas will jump to 5,000,000 year.

No, those are your words posted thoughtlessly.

We need to reform education in America, for example, creating 13th & 14th Grade levels, preparing those kids who don't want a liberal arts or scientific / engineering career, etc. into technical and or service careers, necessary for the 21st century.
I guess you haven't actually been reading any suggested Immigration Bills.

Actually Trump thinks the middle class shouldn't pay any income taxes....
You'll believe anything the guy says. His cum tastes like chocolate too

It actually says so on his website. You should try reading it before you make baseless accusations.

It does? What else does he promise, a wall paid for by Mexico? The Tooth Fairy to pass out gold coins? Two gold Cadillac's in every garage, always with a full fuel tank?

I don't even look.

That is not a good answer, you should know. Why should you have an opinion if you don't even care what your own tax obligations are?

I make less than $100,000 and more than $75,000

Okay, so do you own a home? If you do, property taxes, mortgage interest are tax deductible and so is mortgage insurance. Either way you sound like you contribute to the tax base...

my accountant told me how much to save/claim to put me in the lower tax bracket so that's what I did.

AGI will determine your tax bracket, your W 4 outside of allowable deductions will determine your tax bracket, not your accountant, unless he is committing fraud. Now if you have your taxes prepared by someone other than a CPA, anything is possible, I have seen numerous returns that the individual knew they didn't have the deductions they claimed...

I don't get crying over taxes

Our federal tax dollars are mismanaged on a daily basis, the death tax is double, triple and sometimes quadruple taxation, that's not what our country was founded on. Get rid of the career politicians (term limits) and I'll quit questioning their misuse of my money. If you really don't care about your income (I am sure you do) then pay someone to manage it for you, otherwise don't expect the American Tax Payer to support you or anyone else in your retirement years...

Just give me a good economy please

That's a Utopian dream, just give me a Federal Government that truly has my best interest at heart, not likely...

You're having trouble understanding economics, an massive overbearing federal government can never be good "economics" meaning it never can consume/take enough of others… LOL
You're speaking to someone who says" we have bills, and they have the money, so we must take it!"

And?

Isn't that how it's always been done?
That formula only takes you so far. A business can't price themselves out of the market. It's really hard to argue that a company that reports tens of billions in profit
should pay nothing as many do.

Forum List

Back