Do Trump supporters understand their opposition?

Just curious, if Trump supporters understand why there is such strong distain and opposition for Donald Trump from so many Americans. Thoughts?
Don't care. Trump supporters are running against the DC/MSM corruption, lies, open borders and globalism. Clinton is just another player in this game. We want to take the country back and give it to its rightful owners...the American people. We don't care who thinks what anymore. Anyone who's not opposed to the deception, corruption, lies and extortion that has been taking place for decades can continue to live in denial as patriotic Americans wrestle control back from the corruptocrats.
Can't you see that what you just said feeds the problem? Do you really think Trump is going to be any less corrupt than Clinton? The guy will do anything to get his way. The table is now set to revolt against a rigged election if he loses and the bickering and gridlock will continue for the next 4 years. How do you think that is at all helpful or good for our nation?
Trump hasn't held public office and is just like you and I (albeit a shit ton richer) He's not corrupt and has done nothing corrupt unlike Hillary who is a part of the DC corruption. She's one of many (on BOTH sides of the aisle) that need to be tossed out on their asses and Trump is leading that charge. This is a movement of Americans who are sick of the DC bullshit, lies, and corruption. We demand a Gov't that is "of", "by" and "for". Not what is currently installed. We the people have been getting fucked by the political elite for decades and they continue to extort us and this great country.

The divide continues, as more parts of more states become more and more red(state houses,governorships, House of Representatives, etc.)
The country is becoming two countries in many ways not in The stupid way John Edward says, two americas. But
One side wants the government to be involved in every aspect of their lives. The other side wants no government involvement in their lives.

The middle ground is what has to be eliminated...
Perfect example of your lack of empathy and understanding for the other side... most liberals don't want government involved in every aspect of their lives like you claim. They want government to keep the rich and powerful in check so they do not take advantage of the common folk. They want social justice and support for the poor, vets, children, and elderly. That's the goal. Fine to argue about how to get there but you first need to be able to accurately recognize the intent from the opposition if you every want a serious discussion to take place
The left/progressive wants to eliminate the second amendment, they want to force everyone that does not want to be on Obamacare/single payer, they want open borders for anyone to cross, and they want unlimited taxes on the successful... just to name a few things the left wants the force on their opposition.

I'm not a Trump supporter but I do understand the opposition so many have for him. I have to wonder do Clinton supporters truly understand why there is so much opposition to her as well?
Good question, I'm not a fan of either candidate and wanted to go with a fiscal conservative, anti corruption candidate this year... after being stuck with these two it is a very hard situation but there is just no way that I can support a guy like Trump for president. He is just completely full of shit.

I don't make excuses for Hillary. I think she is shady and secretive and calculated and likes to pull strings behind the scenes. I completely understand why this makes people nervous as we want a president that we can trust.

But I don't think she is a criminal and think many of her actions and words are wildly distorted by the Trump campaign. It's happening on both sides, I it's much worse on the trump side as he flat out lies in almost every speech he gives
I feel Clinton is just as big a liar as Trump I have lost count of how many of her lies got debunked over her private e-mail server. She couldn't even be honest about having a bout of pennoumia when someone feels they have to lie about something like that it makes me ask is there anything she won't lie about?
She was definitely avoiding full disclosure with the emails server, she was protecting herself and covering up a mistake. Not that it makes it ok but had she just come out and said I messed up and mishandled classified info her career would likely be over. The pneumonia situation at the time when the right was saying she had a secret cancer and MS and lord know what other false theories were out there, I don't really blame her for hiding that, she needed to show strength and she did her best to do that. Showed she is a fighter. But you are right, she didn't need to lie about it. Those types of lies are ugly but not as ugly as the ones Trump tells on a daily basis.

He just makes stuff up to support this idea of a country on the brink of collapse. He is trying play off people's fear to get their vote and I think it is disgusting

I'm not a Trump supporter but I do understand the opposition so many have for him. I have to wonder do Clinton supporters truly understand why there is so much opposition to her as well?
Good question, I'm not a fan of either candidate and wanted to go with a fiscal conservative, anti corruption candidate this year... after being stuck with these two it is a very hard situation but there is just no way that I can support a guy like Trump for president. He is just completely full of shit.

I don't make excuses for Hillary. I think she is shady and secretive and calculated and likes to pull strings behind the scenes. I completely understand why this makes people nervous as we want a president that we can trust.

But I don't think she is a criminal and think many of her actions and words are wildly distorted by the Trump campaign. It's happening on both sides, I it's much worse on the trump side as he flat out lies in almost every speech he gives
Clinton's will divide the country even more than Barry did, that's why the country should be split up.
It takes two to tango. The reps were just as responsible as Obama for the divide. Hillary has better relationships in government and the best chance to bring the parties closer together.

Clinton's will divide the country even more than Barry did, that's why the country should be split up.
It takes two to tango. The reps were just as responsible as Obama for the divide. Hillary has better relationships in government and the best chance to bring the parties closer together.
You do know it's one party rule in Washington and has been for decades? The progressive party.

It would be better if this country would split into pieces

Just curious, if Trump supporters understand why there is such strong distain and opposition for Donald Trump from so many Americans. Thoughts?

Like the disdain for Romney, McCain, GWB, and back and back all the way to Reagan?

Every republican nominee is Hitler, the difference here is Trump is actually not a politician, and thus easier to provoke and get those yummy yummy soundbites that the MSM loves to plaster all over the place.

Cruz/Walker/Kasich/Rubio would have gotten the same treatment, and would have been held to the same scorn, they just wouldn't be giving progressives as much ammunition.
I don't agree, there have been some dirty battles in the past but nothing like this... this election has dropped to new levels of distortion manipulation and outright disrespect. I think Trump brought a lot of that stuff into the arena

Bullshit. Progressives have been playing "dirty pool" for decades, and now that they get someone who doesn't automatically retreat when they start having the vapors, they are crying foul?

Progressives today are the new version of the old Moral Majority idiots, but instead of a religious base, their zeal comes from love of Federal power, and climbing up the oppressed ladder while shitting on anyone on the rungs below.
I'm not talking about surrogates and super PAC attack ads, I'm talking about the candidates themselves. what perfectly makes my point is the Al Smith dinner and recent debates. Past elections got heated but it was mostly about issues and afterwards they were able to come together in a civil and respectful way and act like grown ups. Look how ugly and dramatic it is this time around? It's like watching a grade school bully throwing fits every other day.

Well then the top tier has now caught up to the surrogates and the others in the trenches.

One of the 'banned baby names' in Mexico is Escroto. Translated it means scrotum. Trumps new monicker, Escroto.

Supporters of Escroto you need to read some history and understand why Escroto needs to get no-voto.

The divide continues, as more parts of more states become more and more red(state houses,governorships, House of Representatives, etc.)
The country is becoming two countries in many ways not in The stupid way John Edward says, two americas. But
One side wants the government to be involved in every aspect of their lives. The other side wants no government involvement in their lives.

Perfect example of your lack of empathy and understanding for the other side... most liberals don't want government involved in every aspect of their lives like you claim. They want government to keep the rich and powerful in check so they do not take advantage of the common folk. They want social justice and support for the poor, vets, children, and elderly. That's the goal. Fine to argue about how to get there but you first need to be able to accurately recognize the intent from the opposition if you every want a serious discussion to take place

I understand where progressives are coming from. They want someone else to take care of them, and everyone else, and if the poor rubes don't understand that they are just trying to help them, then well, they have to be MADE to see the light. My sig sums it up all rather nicely.

I feel Clinton is just as big a liar as Trump I have lost count of how many of her lies got debunked over her private e-mail server. She couldn't even be honest about having a bout of pennoumia when someone feels they have to lie about something like that it makes me ask is there anything she won't lie about?
She was definitely avoiding full disclosure with the emails server, she was protecting herself and covering up a mistake. Not that it makes it ok but had she just come out and said I messed up and mishandled classified info her career would likely be over. The pneumonia situation at the time when the right was saying she had a secret cancer and MS and lord know what other false theories were out there, I don't really blame her for hiding that, she needed to show strength and she did her best to do that. Showed she is a fighter. But you are right, she didn't need to lie about it. Those types of lies are ugly but not as ugly as the ones Trump tells on a daily basis.

He just makes stuff up to support this idea of a country on the brink of collapse. He is trying play off people's fear to get their vote and I think it is disgusting

So her lying about it all of a sudden qualifies her for office?

Progressives have something that they cannot escape they want to control every aspect of other peoples lives especially the ones they disagree with… Fact

Politicians playing the fear card is nothing new both sides have done it longer than either of us have been alive. Hillary and the left are no better basically saying Trump will destroy the nation their fear mongering and exgerrations are no less disgusting or acceptable. No matter what we are still going to have a very unpopular disgusting person sworn in as President in January of 2017 I for one find no comfort in the fact one might or might not be slightly less disgusting than the other.

One of the 'banned baby names' in Mexico is Escroto. Translated it means scrotum. Trumps new monicker, Escroto.

Supporters of Escroto you need to read some history and understand why Escroto needs to get no-voto.
I'm writing in Elmer Fudd...
I have never voted for a career politician in my life, trump may not be a career politician but this clown show on both sides is worth a Looney Tunes vote...

The opposition are lying corrupt backstabbing traitors who are destroying this great nation.

The opposition allows illegals from foreign countries to pour across our borders, killing, raping, assaulting, robbing, thousands of American citizens each year, then shockingly they side with the illegals when anyone suggests securing the borders and deporting their ass.

The opposition trades our jobs to foreign countries for money. Whether that be their personal wealth, contributions to their campaigns, or in Hillary's case stuffing $2 billion into their foundation slush fund.

The opposition blatantly lies to us again and again. They openly mock citizens, smug in their knowledge that the two parties have so rigged elections that citizens can't really do anything about it so their attitude is fuck you.

This is the opposition.

Of course, there are plenty of connected people who are a part of the Hillary's special interest.

Don't care. Trump supporters are running against the DC/MSM corruption, lies, open borders and globalism. Clinton is just another player in this game. We want to take the country back and give it to its rightful owners...the American people. We don't care who thinks what anymore. Anyone who's not opposed to the deception, corruption, lies and extortion that has been taking place for decades can continue to live in denial as patriotic Americans wrestle control back from the corruptocrats.
Can't you see that what you just said feeds the problem? Do you really think Trump is going to be any less corrupt than Clinton? The guy will do anything to get his way. The table is now set to revolt against a rigged election if he loses and the bickering and gridlock will continue for the next 4 years. How do you think that is at all helpful or good for our nation?
Trump hasn't held public office and is just like you and I (albeit a shit ton richer) He's not corrupt and has done nothing corrupt unlike Hillary who is a part of the DC corruption. She's one of many (on BOTH sides of the aisle) that need to be tossed out on their asses and Trump is leading that charge. This is a movement of Americans who are sick of the DC bullshit, lies, and corruption. We demand a Gov't that is "of", "by" and "for". Not what is currently installed. We the people have been getting fucked by the political elite for decades and they continue to extort us and this great country.
Trump is a power hungry egomaniac who will do or say anything to get what he wants... what in the world makes you think he is for the people? I don't think Clinton will do much to fight corruption, perhaps overturn citizens united... Trump may do a little more by calling people out and firing incompetent managers of gov programs, which I like about him. But he comes with a whole ball of corruption of his own.

Look at his campaign... he is hiding his tax records which would show his business relationships, charitable donations, and financial activity. Do you really think if he got caught with a private server like Hillary he would have been honest about it? Do you think if he makes a mistake that causes issues with a forgiven government he will take ownership and make reconciliations or do you think he will cover it up and blame somebody else. These are rhetorical questions of course as I think the answers are obvious. Fact is, his temperament makes him a threat and just as corrupt as the status quo.

The best I've heard speak out against corruption is Bernie, and with a Clinton presidency he he's power and a voice. With a trump presidency he will not.

The left/progressive wants to eliminate the second amendment, they want to force everyone that does not want to be on Obamacare/single payer, they want open borders for anyone to cross, and they want unlimited taxes on the successful... just to name a few things the left wants the force on their opposition.
You are wrong on all fronts. There may be some extreme wingnuts that want this but not the majority of liberal democrats. Your statement is just an outright lie. They have their platform in black and white and it says none of that

You are wrong on all fronts. There may be some extreme wingnuts that want this but not the majority of liberal democrats. Your statement is just an outright lie. They have their platform in black and white and it says none of that
The Hildabeast has said as much... fact

The fact remains the progressive/left want to make life a living hell for their opposition...

Forum List

Back