Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
-------------------------------- in reply , i only concern myself with the USA and maybe Canada because we share a border with them . Concerning the USA , i don't like the USA population growth simply because the USA is growing . Can the USA support 500 million , sure it can but why would any current American want that ?? As history , i was born in 1949 and USA Pop was about 150 million mostly Whites and Blacks [i don't remember 1950 Census] . In 1970 which i do remember USA Population was about 210 million and i do remember that time and i mostly saw Whites and Blacks . And in 2010 which i remember USA pop was about 310 million and thats not counting the millions , some say 11 million illegal aliens running around in the USA [i say 20 million illegal aliens at least] . ---------------------- over population , i don't think that thats a problem although i'd like to see population reduced to 200 million . Too me the problem with USA Population is the diversity of the imported third worlder coming into and in the USA SanPatricio . [just answering the opening question]

2) We will not be able to find a technological fix .....

Despite the fact that we always have...

Just because we always have doesn't mean we always will be able to come up with a technilogical [sic] fix.

:lmao:

But this same kind of democrat dumbass is just sure that Communism will work despite the fact that it never has. The fundamentally fucked up failure of what passes for leftist 'thinking.'
I'm no communist. Is that what you think? No wonder you're such an asshole.

Your masters at the other end of the leash are, or dream of being.

Simple question before I head out to work. Do you believe in overpopulation, do you think it's a current problem or a very near future one, and what label would you use to identify yourself overall?
-------------------------------- in reply , i only concern myself with the USA and maybe Canada because we share a border with them . Concerning the USA , i don't like the USA population growth simply because the USA is growing . Can the USA support 500 million , sure it can but why would any current American want that ?? As history , i was born in 1949 and USA Pop was about 150 million mostly Whites and Blacks [i don't remember 1950 Census] . In 1970 which i do remember USA Population was about 210 million and i do remember that time and i mostly saw Whites and Blacks . And in 2010 which i remember USA pop was about 310 million and thats not counting the millions , some say 11 million illegal aliens running around in the USA [i say 20 million illegal aliens at least] . ---------------------- over population , i don't think that thats a problem although i'd like to see population reduced to 200 million . Too me the problem with USA Population is the diversity of the imported third worlder coming into and in the USA SanPatricio . [just answering the opening question]

I'm also concerned with asia, europe and everywhere else because they too are consuming too many natural resources.

Have you seen One Strange Rock hosted by Will Smith?

Will Smith to Host Nat Geo's 'One Strange Rock'

They teach you in this documentary that the entire planet is connected. What they do in the rest of the world affects the entire planet. That includes the USA. So I'd like to see every country cut their population in half.

2) We will not be able to find a technological fix .....

Just because we always have doesn't mean we always will be able to come up with a technilogical [sic] fix.

But this same kind of democrat dumbass is just sure that Communism will work despite the fact that it never has. The fundamentally fucked up failure of what passes for leftist 'thinking.'

Is that why you, a union public school teacher is a Republican? They've convinced you that Democrats are communists? Boy are you fucking stupid.

Have you started a thread on this subject? I'd love for you to explain how my "masters" are communists.

I thought Democrats were in bed with the rich? I thought it was them who widened the gap between the rich and poor. THat's at least the stupid claim Republicans make. Now you are suggesting that we want to take the rich people's money and spread it around so that a doctor makes as much as a lowly public school teacher?

Who is saying that? No one. Maybe you need to re educate yourself. Maybe as a wrestler you were dropped on your head too many times.

Is that why you, a union public school teacher is a Republican? They've convinced you that Democrats are communists? Boy are you fucking stupid.

Have you started a thread on this subject? I'd love for you to explain how my "masters" are communists.

I thought Democrats were in bed with the rich? I thought it was them who widened the gap between the rich and poor. THat's at least the stupid claim Republicans make. Now you are suggesting that we want to take the rich people's money and spread it around so that a doctor makes as much as a lowly public school teacher?

Who is saying that? No one. Maybe you need to re educate yourself. Maybe as a wrestler you were dropped on your head too many times.
The leaders of any supposed communist nation are all the rich.

The six natural resources most drained by our 7 billion people

1. Water
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is predicting that by 2025, 1.8 billion people will be living in countries or regions with absolute water scarcity.

2. Oil
The fear of reaching peak oil continues to haunt the oil industry. The BP Statistical Review of World Energy in June measured total global oil at 188.8 million tonnes, from proved oil resources at the end of 2010. This is only enough to oil for the next 46.2 years, should global production remain at the current rate.

3. Natural gas
A similar picture to oil exists for natural gas, with enough gas in proven reserves to meet 58.6 years of global production at the end of 2010.

4. Phosphorus
Without this element, plants cannot grow. Essential for fertiliser, phosphate rock is only found in a handful of countries, including the US, China and Morocco. With the need to feed 7 billion people, scientists from the Global Phosphorus Research Initiative predict we could run out of phosphorus in 50 to 100 years unless new reserves of the element are found.

5. Coal
This has the largest reserves left of all the fossil fuels, but as China and other developing countries continue to increase their appetite for coal, demand could finally outstrip supply. As it is, we have enough coal to meet 188 years of global production.

6. Rare earth elements
Scandium and terbium are just two of the 17 rare earth minerals that are used in everything from the powerful magnets in wind turbines to the electronic circuits in smartphones. The elements are not as rare as their name suggests but currently 97% of the world's supply comes from China and they can restrict supplies at will. Exact reserves are not known.

If all you care about is the next 188 years then we are good.

The only water scarcity that exists is CAUSED BY GOVERNMENT CONTROL OF WATER.

Likewise all the rest. There is no problem on that list that communism doesn't make 100x worse.

Do we have to look at the pollution map again? The one that shows communist countries under bright solid red "pollution" clouds? And corresponding red clouds in the US ONLY in spots controlled by the government????

The leaders of any supposed communist nation are all the rich.
Well trying to shrink the income inequality in this country or trying to shrink the gap between rich and poor isn't communism but that's what rich Republicans will tell you.

Gap between rich and poor continues to widen, latest Fed data show

What are Republicans doing about it? In 2016 they blamed Obama for it but now what are they doing to fix this problem? Or, now that Republicans are in charge, like the debt, this is no longer a problem. It was only a problem when Democrats were in charge. Blame Obama. But then don't give him credit for anything. Just blame.

The six natural resources most drained by our 7 billion people

1. Water
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is predicting that by 2025, 1.8 billion people will be living in countries or regions with absolute water scarcity.

2. Oil
The fear of reaching peak oil continues to haunt the oil industry. The BP Statistical Review of World Energy in June measured total global oil at 188.8 million tonnes, from proved oil resources at the end of 2010. This is only enough to oil for the next 46.2 years, should global production remain at the current rate.

3. Natural gas
A similar picture to oil exists for natural gas, with enough gas in proven reserves to meet 58.6 years of global production at the end of 2010.

4. Phosphorus
Without this element, plants cannot grow. Essential for fertiliser, phosphate rock is only found in a handful of countries, including the US, China and Morocco. With the need to feed 7 billion people, scientists from the Global Phosphorus Research Initiative predict we could run out of phosphorus in 50 to 100 years unless new reserves of the element are found.

5. Coal
This has the largest reserves left of all the fossil fuels, but as China and other developing countries continue to increase their appetite for coal, demand could finally outstrip supply. As it is, we have enough coal to meet 188 years of global production.

6. Rare earth elements
Scandium and terbium are just two of the 17 rare earth minerals that are used in everything from the powerful magnets in wind turbines to the electronic circuits in smartphones. The elements are not as rare as their name suggests but currently 97% of the world's supply comes from China and they can restrict supplies at will. Exact reserves are not known.

If all you care about is the next 188 years then we are good.

The only water scarcity that exists is CAUSED BY GOVERNMENT CONTROL OF WATER.

Likewise all the rest. There is no problem on that list that communism doesn't make 100x worse.

Do we have to look at the pollution map again? The one that shows communist countries under bright solid red "pollution" clouds? And corresponding red clouds in the US ONLY in spots controlled by the government????
Why are the RWNJ's here talking about communism? Fact is we are overpopulated even here where Capitalism is your god.

The earth is already overpopulated. modern medicine is mostly responsible (or gets the credit).

there are limits on how many humans this planet can feed, Africa and parts of asia are already unable to feed all the people who live there,

the real question is how do we stop or control it.

I'm also concerned with asia, europe and everywhere else because they too are consuming too many natural resources.

Have you seen One Strange Rock hosted by Will Smith?

Will Smith to Host Nat Geo's 'One Strange Rock'

They teach you in this documentary that the entire planet is connected. What they do in the rest of the world affects the entire planet. That includes the USA. So I'd like to see every country cut their population in half.
----------------------------- hey Sealy , the guy you mention is an azzhole and a liberal in my opinion . Seems to me that many of a certain age group think that he is MORE than an azzhole but to me , he is simply an AZZHOLE of the proper age , politics and lefty culture to do propaganda for younger people . --------------- and finally , my only concern is the USA . Let them starve in 'sud africa' and 'birber land' in the shadow of the Atlas Mountains and its ok with me Sealy .

Only if we don't get the wall up. Gallup's world wide survey shows there are 150 million people or so that want to come here, and the number is growing as people can see the excellence of Trump's America and what a great country we're becoming.

There are so many of us that we are threatening to make Zebra's go extinct......

Really? Because there are so many of us? Or maybe because of what some of us are doing?

Alligators, Whooping Cranes, Bald Eagles, Peregrine Falcons, Wolves, Grizzly Bears, And California Condors were all endangered a generation or two ago (when there were fewer people, stupid) and now in the US are not.

How could this be if it is merely a matter of how many human beings are alive, stupid? Do you think there are more or fewer people working on behalf of endangered species today as compared with a generation ago, stupid?

The earth is already overpopulated. modern medicine is mostly responsible (or gets the credit).

there are limits on how many humans this planet can feed, Africa and parts of asia are already unable to feed all the people who live there,

the real question is how do we stop or control it.

Africa and Asia are not *unable to feed the people who live there* because there are too many people.
They are unable to feed the people who live there because there are powerful people in the world who think there are too many people, and would like to lighten the earth's load by eliminating whole populations of people. So they WITHHOLD FOOD FROM THEM or prevent them from accessing the resources they need to get food.

The fact that people get raped and murdered if they dare to move around, delivering food and supplies around the countryside, and therefore people in the countryside starve because they, likewise are raped and killed if they move out of their hovels, is NOT an argument that there are too many people in the world, you nazi piece of shit.

yep & overturning roe v wade is gonna turn the next population explosion up to 11.

yep & overturning roe v wade is gonna turn the next population explosion up to 11.
--------------------------------------------------------- naw , just have American kids and let the third worlder stew in their juices in the third world Playtime .

Forum List

Back