Do you have to be a woman to comment on abortion?

Should you have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

• yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 24 88.9%

• Total voters
So for the record, men's opinions on abortion don't matter, right?

Nobody’s stopping you from having your opinions.

But do they matter?

Not one bit.

Again, who's opinions matter?

It would seem the Progressive legislative body known as the Supreme Court does.

So should an all woman panel be selected to re-decide Roe vs. Wade?

Roe v. Wade has to do with Law --- not with "abortion".

But do they matter?

Not one bit.

Roe v. Wade has to do with abortion... not law. You almost have to laugh if it wasn't such an emotional topic that the Court found a "right to privacy" to justify abortion that did not appear in the Constitution. It ain't about "Law" it's about the dominance of liberal men.

But do they matter?

Not one bit.

Roe v. Wade has to do with abortion... not law.

So the Supreme Court is a group of doctors?

But do they matter?

Not one bit.

Roe v. Wade has to do with abortion... not law.

So the Supreme Court is a group of doctors?
No, the Court relied on emotion and social pressure rather than the Constitution.

Just out of curiosity, how many think that in order to have a valid opinion on abortion, you must have a uterus?

I ask this because someone I encountered the other day threw this at me, insisting that because I'm not a woman, I have no right to comment on the morality of abortion.

Everyone has a right to have an opinion on anything.

No one has the right to force their personal opinion on our nation.

Men are the beneficiaries of abortion, women are the victims. Men have a lifetime of potential responsibilities erased at the stroke of a scalpel and women are left with nightmares and symptoms similar to PTSD for years or the rest of their lives.
We are not victims.

Could have fooled me, with the amount of whining and demanding you do.
What have I demanded?

Oh right...keep your hands off my body and your government nose out of my reproductive choices.

I have never gone through that situation....to have to comment like that
but

yes, I think men have a right to comment on abortion.

if he is the father and he wants his baby

sure

let him comment

let the Law be by his side

Should you have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

It's like saying only those with a penis can have a valid opinion on rape.
Both absurd scenarios neglect the civil rights violations of the victims of each violent act.

Men are the beneficiaries of abortion, women are the victims. Men have a lifetime of potential responsibilities erased at the stroke of a scalpel and women are left with nightmares and symptoms similar to PTSD for years or the rest of their lives.
We are not victims.

What have I demanded?

Oh right...keep your hands off my body and your government nose out of my reproductive choices.

Why the hell would we do that when your reproductive choices won't keep themselves out of our wallets?

Of course, your favorite state California has just banned straws and I bet you applaud. So you are not the best person to go to if the plan is to keep hands out of other people's things. That's not what leftism is about. I see no reason why we shouldn't decide the matter entirely for you.

You can easily find a whole library full of statistics related to women and smoking but you would be hard pressed to find even a paragraph about the physical and mental effects of an abortion. The Obama administration has ruled that Veterans who were never in combat can apply for a PTSD pension but there has never been a study about the PTSD effects of abortion. You can find loads of secreted videos and photos of executions but you will never see a video of a partial birth abortion or any abortion for that matter. The fools who make the rules have deemed that women can be coerced by (mostly) liberal men to hire someone to murder the life inside them and there isn't a government agency that gives a shit about the physical and mental suffering they might go through.

So you are in favor of Big Government removing the decision-making power of the citizen and transferring the decision-making power from the person who has the basic right to make it to an official of Big Government.

We are not victims.

What have I demanded?

Why the hell would we do that when your reproductive choices won't keep themselves out of our wallets?

Of course, your favorite state California has just banned straws and I bet you applaud. So you are not the best person to go to if the plan is to keep hands out of other people's things. That's not what leftism is about. I see no reason why we shouldn't decide the matter entirely for you.
Why do people who make choices about religion want to stick their hands in our wallets? Betsy Bitch and a bunch of others also want us taxpayers to fund their religious indoctrination centers. What about those assholes in Arkansas who want to erect religious symbols on public property with the public paying for it?

You can easily find a whole library full of statistics related to women and smoking but you would be hard pressed to find even a paragraph about the physical and mental effects of an abortion. The Obama administration has ruled that Veterans who were never in combat can apply for a PTSD pension but there has never been a study about the PTSD effects of abortion. You can find loads of secreted videos and photos of executions but you will never see a video of a partial birth abortion or any abortion for that matter. The fools who make the rules have deemed that women can be coerced by (mostly) liberal men to hire someone to murder the life inside them and there isn't a government agency that gives a shit about the physical and mental suffering they might go through.

Why do you think that women are "coerced"? Why do you refuse to consider the idea that people who are female might have thoughts of their own? This PTSD thing is another way of running away from the fact that the person whose body has within her a fertilized egg or fetus might not experience this "physical and mental suffering" that you attribute to women who choose termination of a pregnancy. i have not had a termination, but why do you think that people who undergo a termination "suffer" so much. Those that I know are relieved.

Why are you trying to imply that people who choose abortion are coerced in some way? People maintain their own minds, regardless of the physical organs within their bodies.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, how many think that in order to have a valid opinion on abortion, you must have a uterus?

I ask this because someone I encountered the other day threw this at me, insisting that because I'm not a woman, I have no right to comment on the morality of abortion.

This is stupid, I'm just going to come out and say it. By that I mean, the assertion that you have no valid opinion on abortion bc you don't have a uterus.

First, the uterus itself cannot produce a baby. There's a father here, somehow. Second, about half the time the uterus houses a child without a uterus and with male parts instead.

So again, that's just stupid. I might say you probably don't have a valid opinion on something like bra fittings if you've never been to a bra fitting. But then, abortions are not like bra fittings, and they should not be conflated. Silly little feminist girls.

Why do you think that women are "coerced"? Why do you refuse to consider the idea that people who are female might have thoughts of their own? This PTSD thing is another way of running away from the fact that the person whose body has within her a fertilized egg or fetus might not experience this "physical and mental suffering" that you attribute to women who choose termination of a pregnancy. i have not had a termination, but why do you think that people who undergo a termination "suffer" so much. Those that I know are relieved.

Why are you trying to imply that people who choose abortion are coerced in some way? People maintain their own minds, regardless of the physical organs within their bodies.

Relieved, traumatized, or apathetic--no matter how they feel, they felt they had the right to end the life of a unique human being because...whatever. They didn't want to be bothered, they didn't think they could afford it, whatever. Extrapolate those reasons out a few months and see how they roll off your tongue. (And not just ANY human being--their own son or daughter.)

And we don't find this repulsive. In fact, a big part of our society CELEBRATES this as a "woman's right to choose" and "reproductive freedom". Which is twisted and evil when you think about it.

Abortion also involves the father of the potential human being.
While the ultimate decision is up to the female, the male has every right to comment on it.
It isn't a potential human being. It is a human being in a stage of development.

I figure you should at least know and accept when human life begins, then it's a matter of humanity and a humans right to exist..

If you believe in "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness", inalienable rights, your opinion is far more informed and valid than that dippy broad.

If a person is not a firefighter do they lose the right to discuss firefighting?

Should only veterans be able to talk about war?

Forum List

Back