Do you live in a "gay state"?

California is not only a gay state but we have entire gay cities. West Hollywood is a gay city. The rainbow flag flies at city hall. There was a huge fight at city hall over whether to paint the cross walks rainbow. There's a string of gay bars on Santa Monica Blvd. The neighborhood is called Boy's Town. Lesbians bought one of the bars and wanted to turn it into a lesbian bar. You would have thought the city was invaded by the Christian Coalition. Crowds of gay men protested saying that the neighborhood character of Boy's Town would be destroyed by a lesbian bar. The lezzies had to sell and buy over on Melrose. Some of those gay bars don't allow normals in. The Abbey used to have a sign on the door requiring loyalty to same sex marriage. I don't know if it's still there.

Wow- I live in San Francisco- and I have to admit- even though I have been with friends to gay bars before, I clearly do not have the close intimate and personal knowledge of the gay scene that you do.

I read the papers. I also live next door to WeHo.

To graduate HS, you have to write an essay on a great historical homosexual you admire..

Feel free to substantiate that.

As the father of a student in High School right now- in San Francisco- oddly enough my child has never heard of this.

My bad. It was supposed to go into effect in 2012. There was apparently a delay. It should be implemented this year. My daughter is class of 2016.

California Board Of Education Moves To Comply With Gay History Law CBS San Francisco

"California education officials took the first step this week toward complying with a law that requires public schools to include prominent gay people and gay rights’ milestones in the curriculum, "

"It is notable that the law does not include an opt-out option for parents who do not wish to have their children learn about LGBT topics in school."- wiki

As part of the gay curriculum, you'll have to write a report or essay. That's a given. The Fair Education Act forbids pejorative or negative portrayals of gay culture. It follows then that you'll be required to write something that complements the contributions of a gay person or historical event.
Wow. This is the type of activism that turns people away from supporting gay 'rights.' Activism that wants MORE than equality - they want extra and special rules that apply to them and only them.

To graduate HS, you have to write an essay on a great historical homosexual you admire..

Feel free to substantiate that.

As the father of a student in High School right now- in San Francisco- oddly enough my child has never heard of this.

My bad. It was supposed to go into effect in 2012. There was apparently a delay. It should be implemented this year. My daughter is class of 2016.

California Board Of Education Moves To Comply With Gay History Law CBS San Francisco

"California education officials took the first step this week toward complying with a law that requires public schools to include prominent gay people and gay rights’ milestones in the curriculum, "

"It is notable that the law does not include an opt-out option for parents who do not wish to have their children learn about LGBT topics in school."- wiki

As part of the gay curriculum, you'll have to write a report or essay. That's a given. The Fair Education Act forbids pejorative or negative portrayals of gay culture. It follows then that you'll be required to write something that complements the contributions of a gay person or historical event.

Okay- so you were engaging in hyperbole. There is no requirement- now or in the future- requiring a child

to write an essay on a great historical homosexual you admire

See you could have just said that accurately that California schools will be required to teach about prominent gay people and gay rights milestones- that would be accurate. But you extrapolated and created a requirement that does not and will not exist.

High School students learn about various subjects- even if they were asked to write an essay on a famous gay person- it would never be a requirement for graduation- at most it would be a single paper grade, in one grading period, which would be part of a semester, which would be part of an entire course.

Which is why I called BS on your claim.

You can oppose letting teaching children to treat LGBT persons equally- but you can do so without mis-stating the facts.

I live in KC Mo & I don't give a shit about all this stupid gay political bullshit. Lawmakers & Judges can say or proclaim anything they like. Matters not

I'm confident that after it goes to the supreme court this year everyone will live in a gay state.

That seems likely. But the court seems to be going out of its way not to rule on the issue. I don't think they wanted binding precedent on the matter. The 6th circuit may have forced their hand.

California is not only a gay state but we have entire gay cities. West Hollywood is a gay city. The rainbow flag flies at city hall. There was a huge fight at city hall over whether to paint the cross walks rainbow. There's a string of gay bars on Santa Monica Blvd. The neighborhood is called Boy's Town. Lesbians bought one of the bars and wanted to turn it into a lesbian bar. You would have thought the city was invaded by the Christian Coalition. Crowds of gay men protested saying that the neighborhood character of Boy's Town would be destroyed by a lesbian bar. The lezzies had to sell and buy over on Melrose. Some of those gay bars don't allow normals in. The Abbey used to have a sign on the door requiring loyalty to same sex marriage. I don't know if it's still there.
West Hollywood is a great little city. But it IS a well known fact that lesbian bars don't seem to thrive...in the Castro in San Francisco or in Hillcrest in San Diego either.

What are the gay rights in your home state?
What do think citizens about this situation?
Here is a short review:
Gay rights laws in America have evolved to allow — but in some cases ban — rights for gay, lesbian and transgender people on a range of issues, including marriage, hospital visitation, adoption, housing, employment and school bullying. The handling of gay rights issues vary by state and follow trends by region
35 States with Legal Gay Marriage and 15 States with Same-Sex Marriage Bans
http://gaymarriage.procon.org/view.r...ourceID=004857
7f4da310eaec6d1dfc5287ef786cb9d0a9ed4c71_original.jpg

What will be our country in few years? Where is the line of freedom? Ask married couple of gays.
That is an outdated map.

Liberal faggots are constantly trying to change the meaning of words. They've already usurped and ruined the word "gay"...Obamacare has ruined the word "affordable". Now they are coming for "marriage". :rofl:

Sorry boys and girls, "Gay Marriage" is an oxymoron. Marriage is between one man and one woman. Period.

That being said, I believe homosexual couples should be able to have civil unions that grant rights that are identical to marriage.

Hmmm, separate water fountains...no thanks. If you don't like us using "marriage" change it to civil unions for everyone. Separate but equal is unconstitutional.

Any proof or is this more homespun dogshit.

Yep. If any of this existed I would be tempted to write in, if they tried stop lesbians having a bar or non-gay people entering a bar. But I doubt it was the case.

All states are gay states

It is just that some states still have fag hating laws

Liberal faggots are constantly trying to change the meaning of words. They've already usurped and ruined the word "gay"...Obamacare has ruined the word "affordable". Now they are coming for "marriage". :rofl:

Sorry boys and girls, "Gay Marriage" is an oxymoron. Marriage is between one man and one woman. Period.

That being said, I believe homosexual couples should be able to have civil unions that grant rights that are identical to marriage.

Hmmm, separate water fountains...no thanks. If you don't like us using "marriage" change it to civil unions for everyone. Separate but equal is unconstitutional.

Oh, come now. It worked out so well before. What's the worst that could happen?

It's not separate but equal. They are different. So they have words that differentiate their different meanings. A "marriage" is between one man and one woman. A "civil union" is for others. There is nothing discriminatory about it. You don't call the color red, blue? Do you? Why not? They are both colors but they are different colors. ..... words have meanings.

It's not separate but equal. They are different. So they have words that differentiate their different meanings. A "marriage" is between one man and one woman. A "civil union" is for others. There is nothing discriminatory about it. You don't call the color red, blue? Do you? Why not? They are both colors but they are different colors. ..... words have meanings.

A marriage is whatever we say it is. Some cultures define marriage as being between one man and several women. Some allow for concubines and harems. Others don't recognize marriage formally at all. Regardless, marriage is a social construct invented for our convenience.

It means what we decide it means. And in 36 of 50 states, that definition includes one man and one man. Or one woman and one woman.

with Katz it is more likely to be bullshit.....

Um, Mr. Dresden......that so isn't Chicago's only professional wizard in your thumbnail. Even in full Winter Knight mode.

Forum List

Back