Do you miss W like I do?

Yeah, Bush left behind such a cheery utopia it's so hard not to miss him.

through a series of international and domestic incidents the first POTUS of the new century was forced to play the cards he was dealt.

The fact that we are all here (This assumption is debatable in and of itself.) to discuss the matter is proof of Georgie's success.

As Kenny Rogers said, " the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."

We weren't guaranteed things would even be THIS kind of 'normal' (in the realm of normalcy...a normative coma brought on or brought about -- intentionally or not is of no matter -- by Barack Hussein Eboma).

A global Holy War triggered by Saddam & Israel & the Arabs & Jihadi warriors from around the world & Russia & China could have fried your circuits, mac.

Huh?

Without Bush's horrific escapades in the Middle East and a global financial meltdown, we wouldn't be here discussing this?

I'm afraid I'll need you to explain this one to me.

Do you miss W like I do?

I was sent this email.

And the kind of leadership Republicans will deliver when we win a Senate majority.We have less than two weeks to get it done. And you can help us today by ordering your limited-edition, American-made I Miss W. T-Shirt from the GOP.
President George W. Bush once said, "I will live and lead by these principles: to advance my convictions with civility, to pursue the public interest with courage, to speak for greater justice and compassion, to call for responsibility and try to live it as well."​
That’s what America needs right now: a big dose of leadership. The kind of principled conservative leadership President Bush provided our great nation.​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
8AqBO0KIQ-tVbFQL66EncU9_sTHeBSkOjI5pIG89EtvMz_4xv1ssIlbAFcCSNVDL2rNsMCfSKpl869lDjoGOcQeFokxcu2ZkAjeVf7K-GvNq4W5fnfabnY-BTzQPCnQ6cZJuWVz3inxU-0znfQ4o=s0-d-e1-ft

Whoda thunk we'd be wishing for W just 6 short years later?

But I proudly admit I'm a Bushy fan.

Do you miss W like I do?

:)

What Bush did for Americans.

1) He improved the Geographical knowledge of the American people.

Everyone knows where Iraq, Afghanistan, and New Orleans are.

2) Improved the foreign language skills of the American people.

Everyone can say a few works of Arabic now, like al-Qaeda, bin Laden,

3) He improved the English level of all Americans.

Everyone knows Hugo Chavez was an evil dictator, as defined by him being democratically elected, and that nice countries with great human rights records like Saudi Arabia aren't evil and aren't dictators.

Also they know that "evil" generally peoples "contains lots of oil".

Also people got to practice the difficult term of "War on Terror" every day for nearly 8 years.

4) He improved everyone's economic knowledge too.

Everyone now knows that economic success is seen by massive unemployment rates (because they make the workforce more likely to work for less money and for longer hours).

through a series of international and domestic incidents the first POTUS of the new century was forced to play the cards he was dealt.

The fact that we are all here (This assumption is debatable in and of itself.) to discuss the matter is proof of Georgie's success.

As Kenny Rogers said, " the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."

We weren't guaranteed things would even be THIS kind of 'normal' (in the realm of normalcy...a normative coma brought on or brought about -- intentionally or not is of no matter -- by Barack Hussein Eboma).

A global Holy War triggered by Saddam & Israel & the Arabs & Jihadi warriors from around the world & Russia & China could have fried your circuits, mac.

Oh, yeah, Saddam and Israel started it all, hmmm......

Without Bush's horrific escapades in the Middle East and a global financial meltdown, we wouldn't be here discussing this?

Bush caused the global meltdown? That's a good one. You conveniently overlook the Democrats involvement in spending and the wars. And you claim you are non-partisan all the time. Phony.

What I miss most about the Bush years is the ranting, foaming at the mouth, veins popping out of foreheads, childish chants, effigies, rallies and general insane antics from the left. I'm positive it shortened their lifespans. Collectively, Bush probably saved us millions of hours of liberals existence. And that's a good thing.

EXACTLY what do you miss?

Losing almost a million jobs every month?

More than 40 THOUSAND factories closed?

5000 dead Americans in his illegal wars?

Hundreds of thousands of maimed innocents?

Billions in debt?

The Patriot Act?

Illegal spying on Americans?

The constant lies and glabal embarrassment every time that idiot opened his mouth?

The list is endless but you already know that.

Please - what do you miss?

No, don't try to make it about Obama.Don't change the subject to Obama.

YOU said you miss Bush. Now have the balls tell us EXACTLY what you miss about BUSH. Tell us EXACTLY what Bush did that was so great.

Let's take a look at just ONE of your statements with FACTS...
You wrote: Losing almost a million jobs every month?
Year End Number people working end of the year
2000...... 131,785,000 -- dot.com and recession starting!!!
2001...... 131,826,000 -- 41,000 dot com Recession that started 3/01 ended 11/11 /9/11 Event ONE Dot.com Bust..
2002...... 130,341,000 -1,485,000 -- effect off 9/11-- remember that.. 400,000 jobs lost...affect felt in 2003...
2003...... 129,999,000 -342,000
2004...... 131,435,000 1,436,000 -- But of course YOU idiots then forget from 2004 to 2007 nearly 7,599,000 NEW jobs!!
2005...... 133,703,000 2,268,000
2006...... 136,086,000 2,383,000
2007...... 137,598,000 1,512,000
2008...... 136,790,000 -808,000 -- Sep 18,2008 $500 billion withdrew almost collapsing world economies!
5 million net more people working then at the end of 2000.
http://www.citizen.org/documents/Historical_employment_data.pdf
So in what YEAR during 2001 to 2008 was there ever 1 million jobs lost EVERY MONTH?
When you look at the above table... when was there ever ONE month that 1 million jobs were lost??

Billions in debt?

The Patriot Act?

The constant lies and glabal embarrassment every time that idiot opened his mouth?

YOU said you miss Bush. Now have the balls tell us EXACTLY what you miss about BUSH. Tell us EXACTLY what Bush did that was so great.

2000...... 131,785,000 dot.com and recession starting!!!
2001...... 131,826,000 41,000 dot com Recession that started 3/01 ended 11/11 /9/11 Event ONE Dot.com Bust..
2002...... 130,341,000 -1,485,000 effect off 9/11-- remember that.. 400,000 jobs lost...affect felt in 2003...
2004...... 131,435,000 1,436,000 But of course YOU idiots then forget from 2004 to 2007 nearly 7,599,000 NEW jobs!!
2008...... 136,790,000 -808,000 Sep 18,2008 $500 billion withdrew almost collapsing world economies!
So in what YEAR during 2001 to 2008 was there ever 1 million jobs lost EVERY MONTH?
When you look at the above table... when was there ever ONE month that 1 million jobs were lost??

Ever heard of the expression, the higher you jump, the harder you fall?

Bush caused the global meltdown? That's a good one. You conveniently overlook the Democrats involvement in spending and the wars. And you claim you are non-partisan all the time. Phony.

What I miss most about the Bush years is the ranting, foaming at the mouth, veins popping out of foreheads, childish chants, effigies, rallies and general insane antics from the left. I'm positive it shortened their lifespans. Collectively, Bush probably saved us millions of hours of liberals existence. And that's a good thing.

Yes, partisan ideologues on both ends call me a "phony" pretty much every day, which I consider a very good sign.

Straw man #1: I have never claimed to be non-partisan. I'm an independent, that's it.

Straw man #2: I have never said that "Bush caused the global meltdown". It, however, was happening when he left office. Fact.

If the thing you have to point to about the Bush years is political, I think my point is made. Not much to crow about.

I just miss a President who at least cared about us and our country.

This ugly person in there now makes my skin crawl

Oh Good Lord NOOOO!!!! Bush was NOT a good President. His father was the last decent POTUS we have had.
His father could not get reelected, even after winning a popular war. How good was he????

Republicans thought he reneged on his vow of, "No New Taxes."

I think it is instructive to look at the details which the Liberals, reliably, omit when talking about 41's one term presidency.

"Read my lips: no new taxes" is a phrase spoken by then American presidential candidate George H. W. Bush at the 1988 Republican National Convention as he accepted the nomination on August 18. Written by speechwriter Peggy Noonan, the line was the most prominent sound bite from the speech. The pledge not to tax the American people further had been a consistent part of Bush's 1988 election platform, but its prominent inclusion in his speech cemented it in the public consciousness. The impact of the election promise was considerable, and many supporters of Bush believe it helped Bush win the 1988 presidential election.

But after Bush became president, taxes were raised as a way to reduce the national budget deficit. Bush refused many times[clarification needed] but was making no progress with a Senate and House that was controlled by Democrats. Bush eventually agreed to a compromise with Congressional Democrats to raise several taxes as part of a 1990 budget agreement.

Although technically there were no new taxes in this agreement, Bush in the same speech[clarification needed] also ruled out raising existing taxes. In 1991 Bush signed the Audio Home Recording Act, which introduced the first government-imposed royalties on recording devices and media.

In the 1992 presidential election campaign, Pat Buchanan made extensive use of the phrase in his strong challenge to Bush in the Republican primaries. In the election itself, Democratic nominee Bill Clinton, running as a moderate, also pointed to the quotation as evidence of Bush's untrustworthiness, which contributed to Bush's losing his bid for re-election.

Read my lips no new taxes - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Well if that ain't a kick in the head!!!

See how slimy and hypocritical they are?

Liberals and Progressives will say and do anything to win.

They are unscrupulous generally.

It is what they consider a necessary skill for being in politics.

We need to show America that we are not all the same!

Conservatives are going to be the best bet to put this country back on an even keel.

Dispute it with facts and/or reason, not your equivalent of rolled eyes.

Billions in debt?

The Patriot Act?

AHEMMM more FACTS regarding YOUR statement:More than 40 THOUSAND factories closed?
You know I agree with you!
The data shows there were 398,887 private manufacturing establishments of all sizes in the United States during the first quarter of 2001. By the end of 2010, the number declined to 342,647, a loss of 56,190 facilities. Over 10 years, that works out to an average yearly loss of 5,619 factories. Dividing that by the 365 days in a year produces a 15.39 average daily number of factories lost.
BUT during that same time period those people seem to survive that worked for these factories and here is what has happened of a positive nature versus your negative statement which again was correct!!!

16 Surprising Statistics About Small Businesses - Forbes
  1. The SBA defines a small business as an enterprise having fewer than 500 employees
  2. There are almost 28 million small businesses in the US and over 22 million are self employed with no additional payroll or employees (these are called nonemployers)
  3. Over 50% of the working population (120 million individuals) works in a small business
  4. Small businesses have generated over 65% of the net new jobs since 1995
  5. Approximately 543,000 new businesses get started each month (but more employer businesses shut down than start up each month)
  6. 7 out of 10 new employer firms survive at least 2 years, half at least 5 years, a third at least 10 years and a quarter stay in business 15 years or more
  7. 52% of all small businesses are home-based
  8. There were 22.5 million nonemployer firms in 2011 (up almost 2% from the year before)
  9. To classify as a “nonemployer” business you must have annual business receipts of $1,000 or more and be subject to federal income taxes
  10. Approximately 75% of all U.S. businesses are nonemployer businesses
  11. 19.4 million nonemployer businesses are sole proprietorships, 1.6 million are partnerships and 1.4 million are corporations
  12. The fastest growing sector for freelance businesses in 2011 included auto repair shops, beauty salons and dry cleaners
  13. Total TOT +2.85% revenues from nonemployers hit $989.6 billion in 2011 (up 4.1% from 2010)
  14. Nonemployers had average revenues of $44,000
  15. Around 80% of nonemployer businesses for 2011 (or 18 million businesses) reported less than $50,000 in receipts
OH note that the period includes Obama's first 2 years where 10,000 more factories closed down... and if you say ah that was because of Bush... hmmm... could say the same thing regarding Clinton effect of the Recession that started UNDER Clinton that Bush had coming into office.

Huh?

"Huh?

I'm afraid I'll need you to explain this one to me."

Mac, I see you position yourself as an informed and impartial observer.

Well figure it out yourself!

After all of your impartial observation its now time we hear just how smart you are from all that observing. I included all the necessary info you'd need to follow the logical and/or factual signposts to reach the inescapable conclusion.

So now, show us that intellectual horsepower you must have on tap ready to dazzle us with!

Can't wait.

:D

Billions in debt?

The Patriot Act?

2001...... 131,826,000 -- 41,000 dot com Recession that started 3/01 ended 11/11 /9/11 Event ONE Dot.com Bust..
2002...... 130,341,000 -1,485,000 -- effect off 9/11-- remember that.. 400,000 jobs lost...affect felt in 2003...
2004...... 131,435,000 1,436,000 -- But of course YOU idiots then forget from 2004 to 2007 nearly 7,599,000 NEW jobs!!
2008...... 136,790,000 -808,000 -- Sep 18,2008 $500 billion withdrew almost collapsing world economies!
January, 2009 ... 1,217,000 jobs lost

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Huh?

I see you position yourself as an informed and impartial observer.

Well figure it out yourself, Einstein.

After all of your impartial observation its now time we hear just how smart you are from all that observing.I included all the necessary info you'd need to follow the logical and/or factual signposts and reach the inescapable conclusion.

Show us that intellectual horsepower you must have on tap ready to dazzle us with!

Can't wait.

Happy to!

First tell me where you provided "all the necessary info you'd need to follow the logical and/or factual signposts and reach the inescapable conclusion."

All I see is the standard, one-sided neo-con stuff. Maybe I missed something.

I'll be away for a while but I'll check back in, in a couple of hours. That should give you time to tell me why you miss Bush.

Dispute it with facts and/or reason, not your equivalent of rolled eyes.

So please explain why i'm supposed to be different to everyone else on this board.

Do you miss W like I do?

I was sent this email.

And the kind of leadership Republicans will deliver when we win a Senate majority.We have less than two weeks to get it done. And you can help us today by ordering your limited-edition, American-made I Miss W. T-Shirt from the GOP.
President George W. Bush once said, "I will live and lead by these principles: to advance my convictions with civility, to pursue the public interest with courage, to speak for greater justice and compassion, to call for responsibility and try to live it as well."​
That’s what America needs right now: a big dose of leadership. The kind of principled conservative leadership President Bush provided our great nation.​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
8AqBO0KIQ-tVbFQL66EncU9_sTHeBSkOjI5pIG89EtvMz_4xv1ssIlbAFcCSNVDL2rNsMCfSKpl869lDjoGOcQeFokxcu2ZkAjeVf7K-GvNq4W5fnfabnY-BTzQPCnQ6cZJuWVz3inxU-0znfQ4o=s0-d-e1-ft

Do you miss W like I do?

Not NO, but HELL NO I don't miss that RINO jerk and neither should you if you were completely honest about who that OPEN BORDERS, DEFICIT CREATING dummy is.. He is the reason leftists swept the electorate.. Screw W and any Bush that tries to take on a Dynasty run.. I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR A BUSH.

Read my posts in this thread. that's all I ask anyone here to do.

If you still hate him, so be it.

Billions in debt?

The Patriot Act?

January, 2009 ... 1,217,000 jobs lost

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
NO THAT IS NOT EVERY MONTH!!! Plus that was 2009... Bush no longer president.
Try again... WHEN was there a YEAR during 2001 to 2008 that EVERY MONTH 1 million jobs were lost EVERY MONTH as you said!

Do you miss W like I do?

I was sent this email.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Do you miss W like I do?

Not NO, but HELL NO I don't miss that RINO jerk and neither should you if you were completely honest about who that OPEN BORDERS, DEFICIT CREATING dummy is.. He is the reason leftists swept the electorate.. Screw W and any Bush that tries to take on a Dynasty run.. I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR A BUSH.

Read my posts in this thread. that's all I ask anyone here to do.

If you still hate him, so be it.

Bush had achieved what no other president could ... a job approval rating of just 19%. What else is there to read?

Huh?

I see you position yourself as an informed and impartial observer.

Well figure it out yourself, Einstein.

After all of your impartial observation its now time we hear just how smart you are from all that observing.I included all the necessary info you'd need to follow the logical and/or factual signposts and reach the inescapable conclusion.

Show us that intellectual horsepower you must have on tap ready to dazzle us with!

Can't wait.

Happy to!

First tell me where you provided "all the necessary info you'd need to follow the logical and/or factual signposts and reach the inescapable conclusion."

All I see is the standard, one-sided neo-con stuff. Maybe I missed something.

I'll be away for a while but I'll check back in, in a couple of hours. That should give you time to tell me why you miss Bush.

Need time to cram, huh?

Oh don't give me that job and life stuff. We all know you are calmly stepping back from the edge.

That's okay.

It is no shame to recognize when you are on the losing end of an argument and want to avoid experiencing the unpleasant conclusion you see ahead.

LOLOL

Haha.

Just kidding.

Hurry back when you have read all my posts in this thread.

From that you should have all the clues you need.

You are the impartial observer here. So observe.

:D

Billions in debt?

The Patriot Act?

The more outrageous the lie, the more Dems swallow it.

Forum List

Back