Do you notice how LW never admit their real goal is to overturn the 2nd amendment?

sem·i·co·lon
noun
  1. a punctuation mark ( indicating a pause, typically between two main clauses, that is more pronounced than that indicated by a comma.

Good guy

Trump_Holding_Gun.jpg

Some libtard will claim that musket fires full auto.

WRONG. learn to read, that's why they invented the semicolon.

Before the semicolon, there were no reconstructions

After the semicolon. it referred to "the people"
:lol:

There is no individual right to peaceable assemble.
So, individuals do not each have a right to assemble with other individuals. I can't sue the government for preventing me from assembling with a group of people in a protest?

"The people" means collective rights not held by or enforceable by individuals?

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776
Was he talking about the collective right or the individual right?

I need you to apply your twisted logic to the author of the Constitution.

So, individuals do not each have a right to assemble with other individuals. I can't sue the government for preventing me from assembling with a group of people in a protest?

"The people" means collective rights not held by or enforceable by individuals?

The individual has no right to peaceable assemble. Cindy Sheehan was thrown out of the state of the union speech because she had no right as an individual to assemble there. That's a collective right. They can't clear the galleries.

Why don't they follow the processes of the government and get 2/3 of Congress and 75% of states to overturn the 2nd amendment?

It's because they know it won't happen...so they will continually try to erode it with continuing to reduce our rights.
Trying to have background checks for everyone but family members and even doing away with handguns, is not trying to do away with the 2nd Amendment.we need Hunters to kill all these damn deer. But carry on with your ridiculous brainwashed bs, hater dupe.
doing away with handguns.

but we're not doing away with the 2nd amendment...

i needed that laugh.

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

Well, now I am just all sorts of confused. Is he talking about individuals or the collective? Are citizens collective? keeping their own arms?

"f circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28, January 10, 1788

More serious confusion.

If "people" means the collective, what does "body of citizens" mean? It can mean the same thing as written there, can it?

The final underlined sentence should tell all the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. The founders never intended to disarm individuals, unless neither people nor citizens are individuals.

Confusing?

Because the collective argument is complete horseshit.

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
- Tench Coxe, Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789

Confusing as fuck!!!! PRIVATE arms? That sounds like individual ownership, does it not? Or, is it possible to have collective private arms? Or .... fuck, I don't know...

What the FUCK does all this MEAN???

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Well, now I am just all sorts of confused. Is he talking about individuals or the collective? Are citizens collective? keeping their own arms?

Notice he said "citizens", actually "peaceable citizens" having a right to guns, not "the people"

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
- Tench Coxe, Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789

Confusing as fuck!!!! PRIVATE arms? That sounds like individual ownership, does it not? Or, is it possible to have collective private arms? Or .... fuck, I don't know...

What the FUCK does all this MEAN???

The people is a collective.

Why don't they follow the processes of the government and get 2/3 of Congress and 75% of states to overturn the 2nd amendment?

It's because they know it won't happen...so they will continually try to erode it with continuing to reduce our rights.
I notice they lie 24/7.

Notice he said "citizens", actually "peaceable citizens" having a right to guns, not "the people"
Wait. I thought "the people" was collective. So, now you agree that it is an individual right?

Again "the people" is a collective. Such as the militias of the states.

Yes, this is a reasonable conclusion to any object to current gun laws.

Forum List

Back