Do you realize that Trump will be the ONLY world leader who denies Climate Change?

Look, dumbass, I said it uses electricity.
You've been drinking too much dirty water.

"Geothermal systems do use electric to run the compressor & pumps."
You people are sofa king stupid that you will refuse a HVAC system that is more efficient & cheaper to run because it is green.

No wonder you voted for Trump. Stupid begets stupid.
When did I say that?
In your post when basically said " OMG OMG OMG geothermal HVAC systems use electricity"?

Look, dumbass, I said it uses electricity.
You've been drinking too much dirty water.

"Geothermal systems do use electric to run the compressor & pumps."
You people are sofa king stupid that you will refuse a HVAC system that is more efficient & cheaper to run because it is green.

No wonder you voted for Trump. Stupid begets stupid.
When did I say that?
In your post when basically said " OMG OMG OMG geothermal HVAC systems use electricity"?
Liar. I've never put down more energy efficient means. You talk to imaginary figures, not people.

Wind power simply does not work very well. The most efficient wind mill farm in the world is only at about 35% efficiency. Solar is just about as bad. These wacko projects make the Moon Bats feel good but are too expensive for normal people and the big operations are all subsidized by the governments. None can stand on their own.

This subject came up in a local blog a few years ago. We had some liberals chime in and say that putting a windmill on your property is almost impossible because of all the regulations and codes. Some businesses can get it done, but it's not the same doing it for your home and certainly not cost effective.

For a city property I have good size backyard and thought about it myself. I don't care about green so much, my concern was about getting electricity cheaper and eventually for free. We are one of the windiest cities in the US so it would work pretty well here. But cities have ordinances about them because of the noise to neighbors. I never heard a windmill, but then again, never been near one in a quiet setting like a backyard of a home.

Wind power simply does not work very well. The most efficient wind mill farm in the world is only at about 35% efficiency. Solar is just about as bad. These wacko projects make the Moon Bats feel good but are too expensive for normal people and the big operations are all subsidized by the governments. None can stand on their own.

This subject came up in a local blog a few years ago. We had some liberals chime in and say that putting a windmill on your property is almost impossible because of all the regulations and codes. Some businesses can get it done, but it's not the same doing it for your home and certainly not cost effective.

For a city property I have good size backyard and thought about it myself. I don't care about green so much, my concern was about getting electricity cheaper and eventually for free. We are one of the windiest cities in the US so it would work pretty well here. But cities have ordinances about them because of the noise to neighbors. I never heard a windmill, but then again, never been near one in a quiet setting like a backyard of a home.

I lived out in Washington State for seven years. On the desert side. Lots of wind year around.

Even in a place like that a wind mill is not economical. A few people tried them but it was a bust.

Of course there were a few mountain tops with huge wind farms subsidized by the stupid government. You would be lucky to see half the mills going at any one time.

The bottom line is if wind mills worked then everybody would have them. The same with solar.

These technologies just can't compete with fossil fuels.

Even Putin believes in climate change.

Even North Korea signed the Paris accords.

Trump, the ONLY world leader who believes climate change is a hoax. And we know America has more science deniers than any other country when it comes to climate change.

I find that hilarious.

Watch the documentary on Netflix - Merchants of Doubt.

Some very telling profiles of the editor of Skeptic Magazine and a Tea Party Congressman who actually took the time to look at the science. They changed their minds.

The film does a good job of showing how tribal the right (non-science) and left (environmental) have become.

The editor of Skeptic Magazine goes to a libertarian conference and tries to explain to an audience there really are no legitimate scientists who don't believe in global warming and climate change and he is shouted downed and booed.

The GOP congressman who went to greenland to see for himself, loses his seat and when he tries to go on a conservative radio show in Mississippi, the host cuts him off when he tries to tell the audience the truth.

The right doesn't want to believe, because the science of global warming and climate change is associated with the left. Science left the building for them a long time ago, they just can bring themselves to accept something the left believes.

It's tribal. And it's going to bite them in the ass, especially farmers because they depend upon seasonal climate norms.

I find construction people don't like to install geothermal because it is costs money that they need to subcontract & they prefer for their customers spend money on work they do.

Geothermal units are not prone to breaking down. Geothermal systems do use electric to run the compressor & pumps. They are extremely efficient. I have run mine for ten years with only a routine maintenance every few years. I put mine in prior to rebates & they pay back was 8 years.

Just because they are green, you shouldn't put them down.

I'm not putting anything down, just going by what I read and heard. Who else to get information from than people that have worked with the systems before?

It may also depend on where you live as well. Up north it gets pretty cold here, sometimes below zero numbers, so perhaps that's why I heard the negative stories that I have.

Right now it's in the lower 30's, and setting my temperature at 68 is just about perfect. When it gets colder outside, I need to crank it up to around 70 to 72 to be comfortable. For some reason, the colder it gets outside, the higher you need the temperature in your home. If heat pumps can't blow out that kind of temperature, of course it would be running constantly and you will never reach a comfort level. Like anything else, the more you run it, the more it's going to break down

I lived out in Washington State for seven years. On the desert side. Lots of wind year around.

Even in a place like that a wind mill is not economical. A few people tried them but it was a bust.

Of course there were a few mountain tops with huge wind farms subsidized by the stupid government. You would be lucky to see half the mills going at any one time.

The bottom line is if wind mills worked then everybody would have them. The same with solar.

These technologies just can't compete with fossil fuels.

Amen to that. Up north we get a fair share of snow. I think our average is around 70 some inches every winter, so solar panels are not seen here very much. You can't use solar panels when they're covered with snow four to six months out of the year. Plus we get a lot of cloudy days as well.

[

I'm not putting anything down, just going by what I read and heard. Who else to get information from than people that have worked with the systems before?

It may also depend on where you live as well. Up north it gets pretty cold here, sometimes below zero numbers, so perhaps that's why I heard the negative stories that I have.

Right now it's in the lower 30's, and setting my temperature at 68 is just about perfect. When it gets colder outside, I need to crank it up to around 70 to 72 to be comfortable. For some reason, the colder it gets outside, the higher you need the temperature in your home. If heat pumps can't blow out that kind of temperature, of course it would be running constantly and you will never reach a comfort level. Like anything else, the more you run it, the more it's going to break down

A heat pump works fine down here in Florida where it never gets really cold for long periods of time. However, we still need heat strips for the few cold mornings.

Trump, the ONLY world leader who believes climate change is a hoax. And we know America has more science deniers than any other country when it comes to climate change.

I find that hilarious.
Do you not realize that the majority of Americans have had it "up to here" with this climate change horse shit.

"The majority", huh. :laugh:

Poll: 70 percent believe in climate change

Most Americans won’t spend more than $1 a month in higher electricity bills to fight global warming, according to a new Associated Press-University of Chicago poll.

Only 57 percent of Americans would be willing to spend the extra cash to fight global warming, according to the poll, and 39 percent said they’d spend up to $10 a month to stave off warming.

The polling means that less than 40 percent of Americans are willing to pay for Obama’s Clean Power Plan. The plan, which is intended to slow global warming, is expected to cost a staggering $41 billion annually, which equates to about $10.74 a month for each American.

Poll: Most Americans Aren’t Willing To Pay For Obama’s Global Warming Plans
Most Americans won’t spend more than $1 a month in higher electricity bills to fight global warming, according to a new Associated Press-University of Chicago poll.

Only 57 percent of Americans would be willing to spend the extra cash to fight global warming, according to the poll, and 39 percent said they’d spend up to $10 a month to stave off warming.

This us how dopey you idiots and your sources are. The funny thing is, you don't even see what's wrong with it.

What's wrong with it?

I find construction people don't like to install geothermal because it is costs money that they need to subcontract & they prefer for their customers spend money on work they do.

Geothermal units are not prone to breaking down. Geothermal systems do use electric to run the compressor & pumps. They are extremely efficient. I have run mine for ten years with only a routine maintenance every few years. I put mine in prior to rebates & they pay back was 8 years.

Just because they are green, you shouldn't put them down.

The use it in Canada. A properly sized unit with vertical loops work very well in colder climates. I have never had a problem heating my home.

Putting out 100 degree air will heat your home.

Geothermal HVAC is way more efficient that gas or oil or electric and is cheaper to run. I know people with systems well over 30 years old & still running great.

I know many people in the industry & know plenty of people who have these units.

I would suggest anyone looking to save money while helping reduce emissions to investigate geothermal & not listen to rumors.

[

A heat pump works fine down here in Florida where it never gets really cold for long periods of time. However, we still need heat strips for the few cold mornings.
Air to air heat pumps are not the same.

[

Air to air heat pumps are not the same.

I understand. I was just talking about my AC/Heat Pump combo, which is common here in Florida.

[

NASA announced that 1284 planets have been discovered that have the potential to support life. We know that there are over 100 million stars in just our galaxy, the Milky Way. We also know about 50% of the stars we have been able study in detail have planets so it's not an unreasonable exceptation that there will be many planets orbiting those 50 billion stars that will be capable of supporting live.

Statistics doesn't produce life.

There are some unique things about earth that supports life. I suggest you read the book

Rare Earth (book) - Wikipedia

220px-Rare_Earth_--_Why_Complex_Life_Is_Uncommon_in_the_Universe.jpg

If technological advances continue even at a much slower rate than the last 200 years, advances will be so great over the next thousand years it will be unimaginable.

Your assumption is that humans will continue to advance technologically. I am not sure that is our future. It will not take much to throw us back in another dark age where most humans will be substance farming. It could be an outbreak of disease, natural climate change like another ice age, war, sociological or religious changes. Who knows? 1000 years from now there may be only 500,000 humans and they are hunter gathers.
I have not read the book but I'm quite familiar with the argument. Both time and space work against the idea of life being out there. However, the universe is a damn big place with numbers that boggle the imagination. It's been estimated that there are a hundred million stars in our galaxy alone and with an estimated 50% having satellite planets, we could be talking about a 100 million to billion planets just in the Milky Way. The Hubble Ultra Deep Field has discovered about 10,000 galaxies and this is in a very small view of the universe. Scientist estimate that the number of galaxies could top 100 billion. When you start doing the math, the numbers truly become astronomical.

Red gypsum sand is exceedingly rare but when you consider the number of grains of sand on the earth, the existence of a bucket of it would be pretty likely. Like finding red gypsum sand finding life in the universe may not happen even if it does exist. The limitations of time and space may be so great that our technology will never reach the level needed. However, consider that over the next millennium, man's ability to live and prosper in much harsh environment seems likely.

Your view of next thousand sounds seems pretty close to that of Hawking. I don't share that view. I'm a great believer in trends. The progress of civilization stretches back hundreds of thousands of years. Of course it's possible that any trend will reverse, however the mostly likely course over the next millennium, will be continued progress, maybe with interruptions of nuclear war, global warming, disease, or whatever but I believe we will continue to progress and the stars will ultimately be our future.

Last edited:
Trump the only leader who denies climate change? awww :boohoo::gives:

:2up:
You accept his word over so many scientists .. how sweet.

Hey, what do you expect? Trump is naming a guy the head of the EPA with a degree in Philosophy and Political Theory. AS HEAD OF THE MF'ing EPA. Maybe he'll name Ben Carson the head of NASA... I mean he is a doctor.
Trump nominations are about loyalty. Knowledge and experience are irrelevant. Trump proved that in his campaign.

In nice warm places windmachines can be a good thing.

But put in cold places the damned things are downright dangerous and it is right of municipalities to outlaw them.

That's from experience. I was one of the first to experiment with putting windmachines on mountains some 15-20 years ago. When the worked, in the warm months, they worked very well so long as the recommended maintenance (mostly lubrication) was performed. In the winter months it was too dangerous to try to do the regular work as hiking up to them exposed us to the danger of being struck by flying blades. Right. Put a little ice on the blades and they fly off. Lethal little buggers....and some not so little.

Still, it was worth having them in the warmer months but we quickly learned to take the blades off in October and not put them back until April. In between, solar panels and hope for the best but it did mean we had to keep some gigantic battery banks to get through the winter. Wind machine on this site was on a pole attached to the shelter, just left off screen.

AP whirling blades.jpg

Trump nominations are about loyalty. Knowledge and experience are irrelevant. Trump proved that in his campaign.

His nomination had to do with rebelling against the system altogether. In the primaries, they rallied against the establishment and status quo. In the general, they rallied against Hillary and her crime spree. Comey played a big part in that too. By suggesting that the AG let her off the hook was proof positive that these politicians are all in it together, and are all above the law.

[Q

According to Stephen Hawking, humans have about a thousand years left on earth before global warming, terrorism, and artificial intelligence make life on earth impossible for the human race.

I don't think it makes any difference what people believe. People are simply not going to make the kind of changes needed to avert disaster. If it's not going to happen during the term of office of our leaders, the 5 business plan of most businesses or the lifetime of our citizens, it's immaterial to the them.

What we should be doing is looking for another home, which may well take a thousand years.

Who gives a shit what he says? In history you have always had the doom predictions. They have never been very accurate, have they?

However, I suspect that something will happen sometime in the future to correct the population of humans. It has happened before. It will be hard to sustain a soon to be population of ten billion humans. It could be disease or war or something to do with the climate that affects food production. There will be an adjustment and the human race will still survive.

There are no other homes. This is it. There is no viable technology that will get us very far in space. Hell, we haven't even made it past the moon yet. When we did go to the moon it was three men and it took a sustainable chunk of the GDP to do it. We don't even know if there is a habitable world within a thousand light years of earth. Star trekking across the universe may make for entertaining fiction but that ain't reality.

There are probably hundreds of habitable worlds within 1000 light years of Earth. There may even be several withing 20 light years of earth. We have already found worlds that are likely to be covered with water. More advanced telescopes will provide confirmation.

However, you are still right about the impracticality of moving the population of the Earth to another planet. It just isn't economically feasible.
Who said anything about moving the population of earth. Colonizing planets would just be to save the human race from extinction, increase our knowledge, and hopefully provide some economic benefit. Not sure it's really worth the effort but we're going to need something for 90% of the population to do when robots are doing most of the work.

Just getting to the nearest star will involve a herculean effort and a large chunk of our GDP, if it's even possible.
I think such a journey today would be impossible. However, a flight to the moon would have been impossible a hundred years ago or for that matter a fight across the US.

Last edited:
In nice warm places windmachines can be a good thing.

But put in cold places the damned things are downright dangerous and it is right of municipalities to outlaw them.

That's from experience. I was one of the first to experiment with putting windmachines on mountains some 15-20 years ago. When the worked, in the warm months, they worked very well so long as the recommended maintenance (mostly lubrication) was performed. In the winter months it was too dangerous to try to do the regular work as hiking up to them exposed us to the danger of being struck by flying blades. Right. Put a little ice on the blades and they fly off. Lethal little buggers....and some not so little.

Still, it was worth having them in the warmer months but we quickly learned to take the blades off in October and not put them back until April. In between, solar panels and hope for the best but it did mean we had to keep some gigantic battery banks to get through the winter. Wind machine on this site was on a pole attached to the shelter, just left off screen.

They are planning to put one on lake Erie here in Cleveland. It's been in debate for almost ten years. But the feds put up the money to get the ball rolling, and let me tell you, it gets plenty cold and snowy on lake Erie.

U.S. DOE awards $3.7 million to Lake Erie wind turbine project

I find that hilarious.
Smart people expect him to call out MMGW for the hoax it is.....
Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll | The Huffington Post

I believe that number is much, much too high.

But most engineers are conservatives.

Scientists live in test tubes.

Engineers live in the real world.

You fail again.
That is totally ridiculous. Scientists and engineers work hand in hand. What is it with these ignorant right wingers? The worst part is they are confident in their ignorance.

I find that hilarious.

Trump isn't a stupid sheep that follows the socialist control agenda bell.. I hope he blows up the whole lie..

Forum List

Back