CDZ Do You Support Term Limits For Congress?

Do You Support Term Limits For Congress

• Yes

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
I see a lot of good points, both for and against. I guess my main problem is people like Robert Byrd who spend 50 YEARS in D.C.

Carry on...

Run against him if you want him gone
I wish it was that easy. If a candidate is in good standing with the party, a lot of money is thrown at him
Anyone else running against him is up against the machine.

And that is the way both parties like it. Just like the deck is completely stacked against a third party. Even someone as wealthy as Trump had to run as a candidate of one of the two main parties to even have a chance to win the Oval because they have effectively outlawed competition.

Which is , of course, why both parties suck and are completely unwilling to work for the actual people. They don't need to. They are a macro version of the DMV. If , say Wal Mart, ran the DMV the DMV would be 100 fold more efficient and responsive to customer needs than it is now. Same with Congress, if there were competition to the Democrats and Republicans, you would see a much more efficient and responsive government.

I see a lot of good points, both for and against. I guess my main problem is people like Robert Byrd who spend 50 YEARS in D.C.

Carry on...

I wish it was that easy. If a candidate is in good standing with the party, a lot of money is thrown at him

And that is the way both parties like it. Just like the deck is completely stacked against a third party. Even someone as wealthy as Trump had to run as a candidate of one of the two main parties to even have a chance to win the Oval because they have effectively outlawed competition.

Which is , of course, why both parties suck and are completely unwilling to work for the actual people. They don't need to. They are a macro version of the DMV. If , say Wal Mart, ran the DMV the DMV would be 100 fold more efficient and responsive to customer needs than it is now. Same with Congress, if there were competition to the Democrats and Republicans, you would see a much more efficient and responsive government.

I’m sure that was what someone told AOC…she won.
I’m sure Mia Love was told to F-off too. She won.
Beto ran and almost won against Cruz.
Steven Jones won in Alabama because the other guys stumbled.

We have elections. There is no sinister invisible hand that decides. The votes are counted and the person who got the most won. Conspiracy theories are fun but they are not truthful.

As for Wal Mart….I don’t think you’ve shopped there if you think that is a fun experience.

As for Congress and it’s attitude toward customer service…it’s fun to think that they will always say yes to you if things were different. In some districts, 40% are opposed to what you want. How does a congresswoman say yes to you and to them on the same topic? Really folks, the government isn’t a candy store.

I wholeheartedly endorse term limits for all politicians.

15 minutes. Tops!

Carry on...

We have elections. There is no sinister invisible hand that decides. The votes are counted and the person who got the most won. Conspiracy theories are fun but they are not truthful.

As for Wal Mart….I don’t think you’ve shopped there if you think that is a fun experience.

As for Congress and it’s attitude toward customer service…it’s fun to think that they will always say yes to you if things were different. In some districts, 40% are opposed to what you want. How does a congresswoman say yes to you and to them on the same topic? Really folks, the government isn’t a candy store.
Republicans and democrats, it's very hard for any others to break the machine

Carry on...

Agreed. And they work very hard to make sure it stays that way. If we had 6 parties, you’d have 6 parties doing the same thing.

Term limits won’t stop any of that.

Carry on...

Have you ever ran for public office as a third party candidate with an intention to win the election?

All you guys whining about term limits KNOW that Congress has to create the amendment right? Now how much chance is there that Congress creates an amendment that limits its own power?

Carry on...

Maybe he was doing a good job. If that is who that constituency wanted, isn't it their choice?

Exactly. Like I said earlier they all love the guy bringing in the pork, they just hate it when the other guys get theirs, too. Again, it isn't 'the system' that's bad, that's just a refusal to admit the real problem, and that is more Americans are corrupt than aren't, and they insist on corruption, then whine when they get it.

Carry on...

Well, didn't Trump just prove more money isn't going to do squat if enough voters no longer fall for all the fake news? Both wings of the establishment did a full court press on him, and the entire MSM did as well. Is Hillary in the White House?

Carry on...

Well, didn't Trump just prove more money isn't going to do squat if enough voters no longer fall for all the fake news? Both wings of the establishment did a full court press on him, and the entire MSM did as well. Is Hillary in the White House?
Republican or a democrat, they're the two choices.

Carry on...

LOL come on Candy, it was proven CONCLUSIVELY to you that yes, the DNC will lay its hand on an election to make sure the desired candidate won.

In the RNC Trump won DESPITE the RNC, but it took a very specific set of circumstances and a very specific candidate to do so. Do you think an unknown thousandare from Oklahoma would have defeated those 17 other Republicans for the nomination? No, they would not have.

AOC won because her primary opponent was lazy and complacent , not even realizing he had a primary challenger that had a chance until it was too late, combined with how progressive she is. Not because she was outside the system but won out of pure pluckiness.

As for Wal Mart, I didn't say it was a pleasant experience, I said Wal Mart is efficient and know that customer service is important to keeping customers coming back.

All you guys whining about term limits KNOW that Congress has to create the amendment right? Now how much chance is there that Congress creates an amendment that limits its own power?

This is false. There are TWO ways to create a Constitutional Amendment. Only one of them requires the consent of Congress. Although obviously that is unlikely to happen, it CAN happen

This is false. There are TWO ways to create a Constitutional Amendment. Only one of them requires the consent of Congress. Although obviously that is unlikely to happen, it CAN happen

Yes, and if we don't end up with a coup or something that gets more likely every election cycle; it will take a Sugar Daddy to pay for it, though, and we already have a govt. business and the wealthy want.

Carry on...

Republican or a democrat, they're the two choices.
so?

Carry on...

LOL come on Candy, it was proven CONCLUSIVELY to you that yes, the DNC will lay its hand on an election to make sure the desired candidate won.
It helped that Hillary won every large state too, right? LOL

In the RNC Trump won DESPITE the RNC, but it took a very specific set of circumstances and a very specific candidate to do so. Do you think an unknown thousandare from Oklahoma would have defeated those 17 other Republicans for the nomination? No, they would not have.
Never know. McCain had so little money in 2008 that he was carrying his own bags at the airport. He came back and won.

AOC won because her primary opponent was lazy and complacent , not even realizing he had a primary challenger that had a chance until it was too late, combined with how progressive she is. Not because she was outside the system but won out of pure pluckiness.
So?

As for Wal Mart, I didn't say it was a pleasant experience, I said Wal Mart is efficient and know that customer service is important to keeping customers coming back.

Wal Mart and the DMV are about the same on customer service at peak times in my experience.

I whole heartedly endorse term limits for all politicians and the supreme court. I think age limits would be a good thing too, say ,max age 67

It helped that Hillary won every large state too, right? LOL

Never know. McCain had so little money in 2008 that he was carrying his own bags at the airport. He came back and won.

So?

Wal Mart and the DMV are about the same on customer service at peak times in my experience.

Hillary Clinton winning every big state proved my point Candy lol the Democrats have a nice little system going where the super delegates in big states decide who their candidate is. How many people in those big states may as well not even have voted in their state's primary due to super delegates having already decided which nominee would win the state?

Hillary Clinton beat an outright socialist who was wrote porn in another life by 3 million votes only by virtue of a rigged system.

What's hilarious is that she herself was a victim of that rigged system in 2008 when Obama came out of nowhere to steal the nomination that rightfully hers until the system said "no, we want the black guy" and no one batted an eye LOL

Forum List

Back