Do you think Democrats will take the House in 2018?

Who will have a majority in the House after the 2018 midterms?

• Republicans

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Democrats

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters
Dear Millenials.
You catch a lot of grief.
There are special elections tomorrow: WI, PA, SC.
The midterms are in 295 days.
Here's what 2016 looks like if it was JUST MILLENNIALS.
This map shows your power.
And I have faith.

DTnwXtPVMAIY5jf.jpg
That blue in the map will be short lived. When all their parents are retired or dead and they have to start paying the bills they will become alot more conservative.
Dear Millenials.

The Blue Wall will die rather rapidly. the left coast, great lakes states and the north east are looking at @ 10T in write downs because of deduction caps, perhaps more. The NYC write downs began before the tax bill really got started.
the deduction cap write downs needed for the real Blue States are in the $10-20 T range even in the unlikely event that the Ds suddenly get in radio contact with reality. $40-80 T is my guess for a more probable range. Right to work states will be the prime destinations and the learning curve will be steeo.

Last edited:
In this thread, we discuss the likelihood that Donald Trump's unpopularity will help Democrats win a majority in 2018, in the House of Representatives. Thanks.
Unpopular with who? Leftists. Black unemployment is the lowest in decades. They won't be voting against results like that. No democrat voted for the tax cut. Working people won't be voting against the GOP. We may end up with super majorities in Congress.
He's unpopular with independents.

Dear Millenials.
And I have faith.

DTnwXtPVMAIY5jf.jpg

Now we know how young, stupid people vote.

Nice touch of bravado there Toddster, almost like an old man who walks into a men's room in a strange public place and starts whistling nervously. You're actually hoping all those millennials STAY HOME like they've been doing, but all the crap Republicans have been pulling this past year has woke their asses up big time.

And they are pissed off.
You can't stop what's coming.

26232208_10212617414125233_8271943100433124993_o.jpg

That's 10 months away, but right now, teh left is looking like teh fail.

Too early, really.

The Democrats are likely to take the House. The problem will be suburban districts. Republicans were routed in the Virginia house of Delegates. Even in Alabama, Republicans only won the suburbs by 4 points. The Democrats have done a good job of recruiting decent candidates to run. They don't have to stand for anything. Republicans didn't run on anything but opposition to Obama. That didn't hurt them in taking the House. Republicans have constantly appealed to the 30% and sometimes even less support for what Republicans have done or tried to do.

1. Republicans tried to kick poor people off of health insurance and force premiums much higher for older Americans and people with pre-existing conditions.
2. The tax bill left intact numerous loopholes for the rich including 1 that enriches Paul Ryan, Bob Corker, and Donald Trump.
3. Republicans have lurched too far to the right in repealing regulations. Something like net neutrality will be easy to explain. Treat all data equally.
Republicans have something to run on --> The continuation of Trumps agenda.

Then they are doomed. Americans disapprove of Trump's job performance on nearly every issue.
Only in Liberal polls.
Polls done by phone doesn't reach Trumps base.

The trouble is that Fox News is a part of state run media under Trump. The numbers they are finding are as bad as what other pollsters are finding. Is it that Trump voters don't know how to use a phone?
Conservatives, business men, do not answer the phone if they don't recognize who is calling on caller id. Their businesses employees are instructed not to allow solicitation calls or pollsters through. You can't reach them unless you poll them on an Internet site they visit.

In this thread, we discuss the likelihood that Donald Trump's unpopularity will help Democrats win a majority in 2018, in the House of Representatives. Thanks.

How can you begin a thread with a fallacy? In every poll I see taken here, Trump's POPULARITY is between 75-80%. His UN popularity is only around 15%

Dear Millenials.
And I have faith.

DTnwXtPVMAIY5jf.jpg

Nice touch of bravado there Toddster, almost like an old man who walks into a men's room in a strange public place and starts whistling nervously. You're actually hoping all those millennials STAY HOME like they've been doing, but all the crap Republicans have been pulling this past year has woke their asses up big time.

And they are pissed off.

You're actually hoping all those millennials STAY HOME like they've been doing,

They do like their video games.

but all the crap Republicans have been pulling this past year has woke their asses up big time.

Oh no, millennial asses are WOKE!

And they are pissed off.

They don't like tax cuts?

More pussy hats?

Dear Millenials.
And I have faith.

DTnwXtPVMAIY5jf.jpg

And they are pissed off.

but all the crap Republicans have been pulling this past year has woke their asses up big time.

And they are pissed off.

More pussy hats?

We'll see, won't we?

Dear Millenials.
And I have faith.

DTnwXtPVMAIY5jf.jpg

And they are pissed off.

And they are pissed off.

More pussy hats?

We'll see, won't we?

I guess we will.

The Democrats will sweep both chambers. In fact, the upset will be nothing short of stunning.
And, if we do not, then we deserve everything that comes after.
Putting Donald Trump and the Republicans on a short leash and a muzzle is the only way we can extricate ourselves from Trump's continued destruction of the fabric of democracy and the impending authoritarian theocratic fascist state.

How you stupid fuck when only 8 seats up for Republicans in the Senate?

bear513, post: 19074432

You responded to a poster predicting a sweep in the midterm election in the House and Senate.

It sure looks like Trump will give the
Dems what they need to 'win' both chambers. I don't think a 'sweep' is coming, but a sweep is easily possible.

Why you called the poster a 'stupid fuck' needs an explanation you SF. A real SF.

bear513, post: 19074432

You responded to a poster predicting a sweep in the midterm election in the House and Senate.

It sure looks like Trump will give the
Dems what they need to 'win' both chambers. I don't think a 'sweep' is coming, but a sweep is easily possible.

Why you called the poster a 'stupid fuck' needs an explanation you SF. A real SF.

Probably because I don't like people talking out of their butts and not dealing with facts in the Senate , 8 vs 24 Democrats I know the Democrats will at least lose two Senate seats and the Democrats won't pick up four out of 8

Once again the Senate map...where are they going to get the four out of 8?

320px-US_Senate_election_2018_(as_of_2018-01-02).png

bear513, post: 19074453
Probably because I don't like people talking out of their butts and not dealing with facts in the Senate , 8 vs 24 Democrats I know the Democrats will at least lose two Senate seats and the Democrats won't pick up four out of 8

But a sweep is possible. You can disagree as do I, but calling him a stupid fuck is extreme and quite disgusting over someone being optimistic.

You are not giving Trumpo nine more months of fucking up sufficiently to make the DEM sweep potentially possible.

Don't underestimate Trumpo.

Last edited:

How can you begin a thread with a fallacy? In every poll I see taken here, Trump's POPULARITY is between 75-80%. His UN popularity is only around 15%
Did you seriously cite USMB polls?

But a sweep is possible. You can disagree as do I, but calling him a stupid fuck is extreme and quite disgusting over someone being optimistic.

It's impossible, the damn UE is at full employment, and it's the midterms.and it doesn't mean anything to get Trump out of office if that's the goal because you need 66 votes .

Again where are you going to flip all 8 republicanstates after the Republicans gerrymandered their districts?

Forum List

Back