Do You Think the President is Above the Law?

Is the President Above all the laws of the United States?

• Total voters
Shut up and post a source dumbass, your opinion doesn't mean shit.

Watch the news dumbass. It's all over the place.

I reported the thread, we'll let the Mods sort it out.

Good for you, but that is exactly the defense Trump's lawyers sent to the Mueller probe.

Report: Trump lawyers' letter to Mueller challenges subpoena

I do like how you didn't vote. Put your money where your mouth is.

Your article says nothing about being "above the law". LOL, you're a partisan hack, I'm not. NOBODY is above the law, some however enjoy extended protections, the President is one of them. Impeachment is the only option for a sitting Prez. Once a Prez is removed everything else opens up. Get an education.

It certainly does. I posted a copy of the letter in the very first post of the thread.

It's amazing you are all complaining, yet not voting and putting your money where your mouth is.

The letter even says that Trump wrote the letter about the Trump Tower meeting... where he lied and said it was about adoption and had nothing about trying to get dirt on Hillary Clinton.

LOL, you can't read, why does that not surprise me. No, it didn't say any such thing. As I said while he is not "above" the Law he does enjoy a little more protection than most.

" The only avenue in the prosecution of a sitting President is impeachment. Once he is removed from office all other avenues open up."

Get an education kid. You're over your head here.

President Trump's new defense against the Mueller probe is that he is above the law. Not only that, but he IS THE LAW. He can do whatever he wants and can not be prosecuted for it. Do you think the President of the United States holds that much power?

Let me remind you that when the United States decided on George Washington to be the first leader of the United States, they were going to call him a king and he rejected it. He said a President shouldn't hold as much power as a king, and that a President is only a part of the head of government along with Congress and the Supreme Court.

Good for you, but that is exactly the defense Trump's lawyers sent to the Mueller probe.

Your article says nothing about being "above the law". LOL, you're a partisan hack, I'm not. NOBODY is above the law, some however enjoy extended protections, the President is one of them. Impeachment is the only option for a sitting Prez. Once a Prez is removed everything else opens up. Get an education.
------------------------------------- i think that Doc is closest to being correct . Impeach the President then go after criminal proceedings after impeachment . While not the KING that was rejected by Washington the President has powers very close to a KING Lew . [imo] --- [how could it be otherwise??]

It certainly does. I posted a copy of the letter in the very first post of the thread.

It's amazing you are all complaining, yet not voting and putting your money where your mouth is.

The letter even says that Trump wrote the letter about the Trump Tower meeting... where he lied and said it was about adoption and had nothing about trying to get dirt on Hillary Clinton.

LOL, you can't read, why does that not surprise me. No, it didn't say any such thing. As I said while he is not "above" the Law he does enjoy a little more protection than most.

" The only avenue in the prosecution of a sitting President is impeachment. Once he is removed from office all other avenues open up."

You are the one that can't read. Didn't you notice one of the options in the poll was that he can't be convicted of a crime while in office but can be investigated?

------------------------------------- i think that Doc is closest to being correct . Impeach the President then go after criminal proceedings after impeachment . While not the KING that was rejected by Washington the President has powers very close to a KING Lew . [imo] --- [how could it be otherwise??]

It's not even close to being a King. Not even by a country mile.

President Trump's new defense against the Mueller probe is that he is above the law. Not only that, but he IS THE LAW. He can do whatever he wants and can not be prosecuted for it. Do you think the President of the United States holds that much power?

Let me remind you that when the United States decided on George Washington to be the first leader of the United States, they were going to call him a king and he rejected it. He said a President shouldn't hold as much power as a king, and that a President is only a part of the head of government along with Congress and the Supreme Court.

"
In October 2000, during the waning days of President Clinton’s second term, the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC), issued
an Opinion that concluded “a sitting President is immune from indictment as well as from further criminal process.”

The regulations that govern Mr. Mueller require him to follow the Department of Justice
“rules and policies.” The OLC’s opinions are “controlling” on the Executive, so this regulatory independent counsel, unlike a statutory independent counsel or the Watergate regulatory counsel, cannot indict a sitting president, which is what my 1998 Opinion Letter concluded. If you don’t like that result, blame President Clinton.

Yet, it’s premature by a long shot to think about indicting the president because all we have now, frankly, is a mountain of innuendo. Some argue Trump obstructed justice when he terminated FBI Director James Comey. However, Comey’s departure didn’t obstruct any investigation."

Can Trump be indicted? Are sitting presidents immune from prosecution?

Sorry. Get him out first and then go get him. You lose.

"
In October 2000, during the waning days of President Clinton’s second term, the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC), issued
an Opinion that concluded “a sitting President is immune from indictment as well as from further criminal process.”

The regulations that govern Mr. Mueller require him to follow the Department of Justice
“rules and policies.” The OLC’s opinions are “controlling” on the Executive, so this regulatory independent counsel, unlike a statutory independent counsel or the Watergate regulatory counsel, cannot indict a sitting president, which is what my 1998 Opinion Letter concluded. If you don’t like that result, blame President Clinton.

Yet, it’s premature by a long shot to think about indicting the president because all we have now, frankly, is a mountain of innuendo. Some argue Trump obstructed justice when he terminated FBI Director James Comey. However, Comey’s departure didn’t obstruct any investigation."

I lose? You don't get the premise. He is saying he can use his Presidential Powers to do whatever he wants whenever he wants and it can't be viewed as obstruction... That's not how it works.

This thread has a poll for you to put your stance in writing. I made the poll public for a reason.

He did, I see it.

He did, I see it.

I edited in, because I just assumed people on a Politics forum actually watch the news before they post. Apparently many on here don't.

"

I lose? You don't get the premise. He is saying he can use his Presidential Powers to do whatever he wants whenever he wants and it can't be viewed as obstruction... That's not how it works.

This thread has a poll for you to put your stance in writing. I made the poll public for a reason.

We are heading into a crisis, with someone who thinks he IS the Law.

---------------------------------------- you make an assertion or give an OPINION that i disagree with and i see yer assertion as BS Lewdog .

Time and again the left have to fabricate a lie to attack Trump. Its rare for them to make an fair and accurate criticism. I mean why even debate their fake fabricated nonsense its not real.

---------------------------------------- you make an assertion or give an OPINION that i disagree with and i see yer assertion as BS Lewdog .

If you think the President of the United States has the same powers as a King you failed civics class in junior high school.

You are the one that can't read. Didn't you notice one of the options in the poll was that he can't be convicted of a crime while in office but can be investigated?

I don't play I know the rules, I know what it takes and I have no reason to lower myself to your level.the opinion game kid.

"

No h isn't and I've already shown you that. All you have is the requisite "Nuh-Uh" response. You lose. Now, get him impeached and removed and it's all game on.

Here is a copy of the letter that spells out how Trump's team says Trump can not obstruct Justice because he is Justice.

The Trump Lawyers’ Confidential Memo to Mueller, Explained

The far left thinks that the president is above the law, especially in their support of Obama.

Then when someone not far left becomes president they suddenly question it.

If you are rich in America you are above the law so when a rich man undergoes public scrutiny it's a great day in America.

"

No h isn't and I've already shown you that. All you have is the requisite "Nuh-Uh" response. You lose. Now, get him impeached and removed and it's all game on.

You keep arguing your opinion... so vote.

This isn't a contest. I posted what Trump's lawyers said, including the fact he helped draft a letter that was a flat out lie. Trump and his lawyers are arguing he shouldn't even be investigated for what he did. All he did was use the Presidential Powers given to him. They even went as far to say that he never said in the Lester Holt interview ON VIDEO that he fired Comey because of Russia... and that he never told Lavrov that he got rid of crazy Comey.

He can't do anything BUT lie.

Forum List

Back