Do You Think the President is Above the Law?

Is the President Above all the laws of the United States?

• Total voters
President Trump's new defense against the Mueller probe is that he is above the law. Not only that, but he IS THE LAW. He can do whatever he wants and can not be prosecuted for it. Do you think the President of the United States holds that much power?

Let me remind you that when the United States decided on George Washington to be the first leader of the United States, they were going to call him a king and he rejected it. He said a President shouldn't hold as much power as a king, and that a President is only a part of the head of government along with Congress and the Supreme Court.

Here is a copy of the letter that spells out how Trump's team says Trump can not obstruct Justice because he is Justice.

The Trump Lawyers’ Confidential Memo to Mueller, Explained
I hold that illegal aliens aren't either , but they get entire cities and states giving them sanctuaries. By people that otherwise hold a different standard of lies and honesty and lawfulness when it comes to Trump. One rich guy ,Trump is a lying scoundrel. Illegal aliens that violate immigration law by the millions, they are victims. We need to stop enabling one type of liar and turn around and bash other liars.

How are those two thing related?
ahhem. The title of this thread "Is the president is above the law", well we circumvent (federal) law by allowing sanctuary cities to even exist...so by extension and or implication, why can't the president be above the law?

Should the president be allowed to kill or rape anyone he wants?

There's your answer.

President Trump's new defense against the Mueller probe is that he is above the law. Not only that, but he IS THE LAW. He can do whatever he wants and can not be prosecuted for it. Do you think the President of the United States holds that much power?

Let me remind you that when the United States decided on George Washington to be the first leader of the United States, they were going to call him a king and he rejected it. He said a President shouldn't hold as much power as a king, and that a President is only a part of the head of government along with Congress and the Supreme Court.

Here is a copy of the letter that spells out how Trump's team says Trump can not obstruct Justice because he is Justice.

I hold that illegal aliens aren't either , but they get entire cities and states giving them sanctuaries. By people that otherwise hold a different standard of lies and honesty and lawfulness when it comes to Trump. One rich guy ,Trump is a lying scoundrel. Illegal aliens that violate immigration law by the millions, they are victims. We need to stop enabling one type of liar and turn around and bash other liars.

ahhem. The title of this thread "Is the president is above the law", well we circumvent (federal) law by allowing sanctuary cities to even exist...so by extension and or implication, why can't the president be above the law?

That has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to talk about immigrants, feel free to start a thread about it. There is no mention of immigrants anywhere in the letter Trump's legal team sent to Mueller.

The immigrants aren't even U.S. citizens, which is another thing this thread is about.

some are just crybabies or safe space types , you shoulda read the brouhaha when a crippled up bear was shot by a hunter [funnier than heck] Doc .

That has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to talk about immigrants, feel free to start a thread about it. There is no mention of immigrants anywhere in the letter Trump's legal team sent to Mueller.

The immigrants aren't even U.S. citizens, which is another thing this thread is about.

I'm up to 4 funny's kid, report me yet?

---------------------------------------- you make an assertion or give an OPINION that i disagree with and i see yer assertion as BS Lewdog .

If you think the President of the United States has the same powers as a King you failed civics class in junior high school.
------------------------------------------- I didn't say that TRUMP 'is' a king , i said that he as main man and 'cic' of the USA he has power approaching a 'kings' power . It gets annoying having lefty judges and people like YOU going after the TRUMP Lew .

His powers aren't anything close to approaching a king's power. Again, you are totally lost.
------------------------------------------------- says YOU Lew . But , looks like the President has a lawyers letter saying that heis immune from many of the things that YOU cry about Lew . So go ahead , challange the lawyers letter Lew .

Have you read the letter? Have you watched any news about this?
----------------------------------------------- i looked at it , its not important to me . As i said , i have no problem with TRUMP , the CiC having lots of power. Without LOTS of power the TRUMP wouldn't ever be able to 'MAGA' and that is the goal of YOU lefties Lew .

Oh, you mean illegal aliens that aren't citizens? Well, yes, those (?) million liars that receive sanctuary aren't bigger liars? Yet we give illegal aliens sanctuary for their lies. And yes, perhaps, that isn't point specific to the president, but, as lies go, perhaps it transcends .

There's your answer.

There ya go, as always you must take everything out to it's illogical extreme.

There's your answer.
-------------------------------- don't know , what happened to 'bill clinton' and his being accused of rape JShaw ??

Oh, you mean illegal aliens aren't citizens? Well, yes, those (?) million liars that receive sanctuary aren't liars? Yet we give illegal aliens sanctuary for their lies. And yes, perhaps, that isn't point specific to the president, but, as lies go, perhaps it transcends .

They aren't citizens. Citizens don't need sanctuary cities. Again, you are totally off topic. If you want to talk about immigration, create a thread about it.

as far as KILLING i suppose that the only example is when President Andrew Jackson killed a man in a duel . And what happened to him JShaw .

Last edited:

There's your answer.
-------------------------------- don't know , what happened to 'bill clinton' and his being accused of rape JShaw ??

Was he tried? I was pretty young when Clinton was president. Doesn't look like he was ever brought to court, from what I'm reading.

There's your answer.

There ya go, as always you must take everything out to it's illogical extreme.

She asked, why shouldn't the president be above the law?

Well, because he shouldn't be. Because the U.S. is supposedly a civilized country, not a dictatorship. That's the answer. What more do you want?

There's your answer.

Was he tried? I was pretty young when Clinton was president. Doesn't look like he was ever brought to court, from what I'm reading.
--------------------------------------- i don't remember , think he was impeached wasn't he??

Nobody is above the state or federal law. Not Nixon, not Trump, not even Mexicans that violate immigration laws. But we don't have sanctuary cities for bad presidents. Poor little presidents that choose to violate laws and drag their kids into it as an excuse. Poor little presidents, they just wanted a better life against unfair laws that kept them from doing whatever they bloody pleased.

I would have agreed that no president is above the law.

but......

then came Obama.

The silence of the left convinced me that any president....or even any "president can do as they fucking well please and nobody has any right to bitch.

What went around has come around.

Suck it up snowflakettes.

Kosh couldn't prove it.

Neither can you.

Its just plain dumb to keep retelling the same lame lies.

There's your answer.

--------------------------------------- i don't remember , think he was impeached wasn't he??

Unsuccessfully.

my opinion , in the early days they wanted the PRESIDENT to be 'king' with kingly powers . Washington declined BUT in my opinion the President needs powers approaching the powers of a king and the PRESIDENT is TRUSTED to not take TOO much power . If the President takes too much power in the opinion of Congress he would be impeached but that is not a criminal process JShaw . [imo]

There's your answer.

Unsuccessfully.
------------------------------- the way i understand , 'clintoon' was impeached but he wasn't Convicted by the Senate . [i think] JShaw .

my opinion , in the early days they wanted the PRESIDENT to be 'king' with kingly powers . Washington declined BUT in my opinion the President needs powers approaching the powers of a king and the PRESIDENT is TRUSTED to not take TOO much power . If the President takes too much power in the opinion of Congress he would be impeached but that is not a criminal process JShaw . [imo]

A king has divine authority. A king makes laws on a whim, and therefore can break them with impunity. A king is essentially above the law.

No thank you. I'd rather people actually be accountable for their bad behavior, regardless of how special they are. Chairman Kim is essentially a king. Do we really want to be like North Korea?

Forum List

Back