Do You Think the President is Above the Law?

Is the President Above all the laws of the United States?

• Total voters
Should the president be allowed to kill or rape anyone he wants?

There's your answer.
-------------------------------- don't know , what happened to 'bill clinton' and his being accused of rape JShaw ??

Was he tried? I was pretty young when Clinton was president. Doesn't look like he was ever brought to court, from what I'm reading.
--------------------------------------- i don't remember , think he was impeached wasn't he??

Unsuccessfully.
------------------------------- the way i understand , 'clintoon' was impeached but he wasn't Convicted by the Senate . [i think] JShaw .

He was not removed from office. He did end up settling out of court with Paula Jones.

my opinion , in the early days they wanted the PRESIDENT to be 'king' with kingly powers . Washington declined BUT in my opinion the President needs powers approaching the powers of a king and the PRESIDENT is TRUSTED to not take TOO much power . If the President takes too much power in the opinion of Congress he would be impeached but that is not a criminal process JShaw . [imo]
----------------------------------------------------- as i said , see above . the President has powers APPROACHING the powers of a 'king' . He needs this power in furthering the peace and security and proper functioning of the USA JShaw .

President Trump's new defense against the Mueller probe is that he is above the law. Not only that, but he IS THE LAW. He can do whatever he wants and can not be prosecuted for it. Do you think the President of the United States holds that much power?

Let me remind you that when the United States decided on George Washington to be the first leader of the United States, they were going to call him a king and he rejected it. He said a President shouldn't hold as much power as a king, and that a President is only a part of the head of government along with Congress and the Supreme Court.

Here is a copy of the letter that spells out how Trump's team says Trump can not obstruct Justice because he is Justice.

The Trump Lawyers’ Confidential Memo to Mueller, Explained

obummer certainly thought that he was. And holder helped to make him that way.

President Trump's new defense against the Mueller probe is that he is above the law. Not only that, but he IS THE LAW. He can do whatever he wants and can not be prosecuted for it. Do you think the President of the United States holds that much power?

Let me remind you that when the United States decided on George Washington to be the first leader of the United States, they were going to call him a king and he rejected it. He said a President shouldn't hold as much power as a king, and that a President is only a part of the head of government along with Congress and the Supreme Court.

Here is a copy of the letter that spells out how Trump's team says Trump can not obstruct Justice because he is Justice.

THe POS trump is in charge of our armed forces NOT our citizens He is not the FN KING

-------------------------------- don't know , what happened to 'bill clinton' and his being accused of rape JShaw ??

Was he tried? I was pretty young when Clinton was president. Doesn't look like he was ever brought to court, from what I'm reading.
--------------------------------------- i don't remember , think he was impeached wasn't he??

Unsuccessfully.
------------------------------- the way i understand , 'clintoon' was impeached but he wasn't Convicted by the Senate . [i think] JShaw .

He was not removed from office. He did end up settling out of court with Paula Jones.
------------------------------------------- i think and as AS i said , he was impeached and senate didn't convict . He ended up buying his way out and i think he lost his law license if i recall JShaw. .

I hold that illegal aliens aren't either , but they get entire cities and states giving them sanctuaries. By people that otherwise hold a different standard of lies and honesty and lawfulness when it comes to Trump. One rich guy ,Trump is a lying scoundrel. Illegal aliens that violate immigration law by the millions, they are victims. We need to stop enabling one type of liar and turn around and bash other liars.

How are those two thing related?
ahhem. The title of this thread "Is the president is above the law", well we circumvent (federal) law by allowing sanctuary cities to even exist...so by extension and or implication, why can't the president be above the law?

How are they related?

Okay, I suspect you're trying to make this an Obama Issue. Its not.

If that's not what you're trying to do then - how are they related?

THe POS trump is in charge of our armed forces NOT our citizens He is not the FN KING
-------------------------------------- Greetings and hey Edward , hows it going eh !! And yes , TRUMP is CiC and a good one at that Edward .

obummer was imposing more laws on the American people than trump dude. obummer sure thought that he could rule as if he were a king. Just sayin...

I hold that illegal aliens aren't either , but they get entire cities and states giving them sanctuaries. By people that otherwise hold a different standard of lies and honesty and lawfulness when it comes to Trump. One rich guy ,Trump is a lying scoundrel. Illegal aliens that violate immigration law by the millions, they are victims. We need to stop enabling one type of liar and turn around and bash other liars.

How are those two thing related?
ahhem. The title of this thread "Is the president is above the law", well we circumvent (federal) law by allowing sanctuary cities to even exist...so by extension and or implication, why can't the president be above the law?

How are they related?

Okay, I suspect you're trying to make this an Obama Issue. Its not.

If that's not what you're trying to do then - how are they related?
I never said a thing about Obama, that's what psychologist call projection, which is more about you.

I would have agreed that no president is above the law.

but......

then came Obama.

The silence of the left convinced me that any president....or even any "president can do as they fucking well please and nobody has any right to bitch.

What went around has come around.

Suck it up snowflakettes.

Kosh couldn't prove it.

Neither can you.

Its just plain dumb to keep retelling the same lame lies.

Says the far left drone that promotes that they say Trump thinks he is above the law..

And Obama issued many EO that subverted Congress including DACA.

Not to mention the illegal wars of Obama.

But all far left drones like you will deny or divert from these facts,.

There's your answer.

Unsuccessfully.

Clinton was impeached, he was just not prosecuted.

But again the far left drones show they will rewrite history.

There's your answer.

Unsuccessfully.

He was not removed from office. So ...

Unsuccessfully.

He was impeached..

He also ran an illegal war, that the far left tries to ignore..

Another (D) that shows they were above the law..

Hilary has proven she is above the law as well and you far left drones voted for her because of it.

Unsuccessfully.

He was impeached..

Hilary has proven she is above the law as well and you far left drones voted for her because of it.

Not only was I a child when Clinton was president, but I didn't vote for Hillary either. Maybe you need to take a deep breath and stop making false assumptions about people, hmm?

Unsuccessfully.

He was impeached..

Not only was I a child when Clinton was president, but I didn't vote for Hillary either. Maybe you need to take a deep breath and stop making false assumptions about people, hmm?

It's a tribalism response. You are either with them or in their enemies party. There is no third option.

I don't think so, but I tend to think there are only two type of people in this world. "The Caught and the Un caught."

Unsuccessfully.

He was impeached..

So admit that you ignore real history and believe far left religious dogma.

Many that supported and voted for Hilary now claim they did not, or they claim they never really liked her..

Unsuccessfully.

He was impeached..

It's a tribalism response. You are either with them or in their enemies party. There is no third option.
------------------------------------ correct Lew .

-------------------------------------- Greetings and hey Edward , hows it going eh !! And yes , TRUMP is CiC and a good one at that Edward .
PISMOE he will never be my president If I wanted to fk some one over he'd be my first choice

Forum List

Back