Do You Think the President is Above the Law?

Is the President Above all the laws of the United States?

• Total voters
The answer is NO. The president can be indicted but can't be tried while in office. So if he committed an indictable crime he would be impeached, then be removed from office and tried for the crime. Every 6th grader know that, or at least they used to. Progressive Liberal pukes run things now.

The answer is NO. The president can be indicted but can't be tried while in office. So if he committed an indictable crime he would be impeached, then be removed from office and tried for the crime. Every 6th grader know that, or at least they used to. Progressive Liberal pukes run things now.

Except he probably wouldn't be impeached, regardless of what he does. Not with this congress. Trump is pretty much above the law. I just think it shouldn't be that way.

Except he probably wouldn't be impeached, regardless of what he does. Not with this congress. Trump is pretty much above the law. I just think it shouldn't be that way.

If he broke the law the constituents would demand impeachment by Congress. I know I would and I'm a Trumpnut. Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution describes how the President is to administer laws.

If he broke the law the constituents would demand impeachment by Congress. I know I would and I'm a Trumpnut. Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution describes how the President is to administer laws.

Yeah, sure. More likely everyone would just rally under their little flag and give zero fucks about how things are supposed to work.

President Trump's new defense against the Mueller probe is that he is above the law. Not only that, but he IS THE LAW. He can do whatever he wants and can not be prosecuted for it. Do you think the President of the United States holds that much power?

Let me remind you that when the United States decided on George Washington to be the first leader of the United States, they were going to call him a king and he rejected it. He said a President shouldn't hold as much power as a king, and that a President is only a part of the head of government along with Congress and the Supreme Court.

Shut up and post a source dumbass, your opinion doesn't mean shit.

Watch the news dumbass. It's all over the place.

I reported the thread, we'll let the Mods sort it out.

Good for you, but that is exactly the defense Trump's lawyers sent to the Mueller probe.

Report: Trump lawyers' letter to Mueller challenges subpoena

I do like how you didn't vote. Put your money where your mouth is.

You linked to an article about a letter but not the actual letter.

Post the letter.

Silly far left drone!

You mean like how Obama should have been impeached and was not?

President Trump's new defense against the Mueller probe is that he is above the law. Not only that, but he IS THE LAW. He can do whatever he wants and can not be prosecuted for it. Do you think the President of the United States holds that much power?

Let me remind you that when the United States decided on George Washington to be the first leader of the United States, they were going to call him a king and he rejected it. He said a President shouldn't hold as much power as a king, and that a President is only a part of the head of government along with Congress and the Supreme Court.

Good for you, but that is exactly the defense Trump's lawyers sent to the Mueller probe.

Post the letter.

The link to the letter is in the first post.

How are those two thing related?
ahhem. The title of this thread "Is the president is above the law", well we circumvent (federal) law by allowing sanctuary cities to even exist...so by extension and or implication, why can't the president be above the law?

Should the president be allowed to kill or rape anyone he wants?

There's your answer.
-------------------------------- don't know , what happened to 'bill clinton' and his being accused of rape JShaw ??

Was he tried? I was pretty young when Clinton was president. Doesn't look like he was ever brought to court, from what I'm reading.
--------------------------------------- i don't remember , think he was impeached wasn't he??

If you should ever get access to the InterWebs, you can read that President Clinton was impeached for lying under oath and obstruction of justice.

Impeachment is a political process. It does not automatically result in loss of office or punishment.

Silly far left drone!

Kosh

No grounds.

Deal with it.

Silly far left drone!

Kosh

No grounds.

Deal with it.

See the far left drone proves my point, you post facts about their messiah and they ignore them!

Deal with it!

Post the letter.

I just read the entire letter. It never says that Trump is "above the law".

The more important question is HOW DID THE NY TIMES GET THIS LETTER?

Who leaked it?

Here is a copy of the letter that spells out how Trump's team says Trump can not obstruct Justice because he is Justice.

The Trump Lawyers’ Confidential Memo to Mueller, Explained

Where do you see him saying he's above the law?

ahhem. The title of this thread "Is the president is above the law", well we circumvent (federal) law by allowing sanctuary cities to even exist...so by extension and or implication, why can't the president be above the law?

Should the president be allowed to kill or rape anyone he wants?

There's your answer.
-------------------------------- don't know , what happened to 'bill clinton' and his being accused of rape JShaw ??

Was he tried? I was pretty young when Clinton was president. Doesn't look like he was ever brought to court, from what I'm reading.
--------------------------------------- i don't remember , think he was impeached wasn't he??

If you should ever get access to the InterWebs, you can read that President Clinton was impeached for lying under oath and obstruction of justice.

Impeachment is a political process. It does not automatically result in loss of office or punishment.

What did the Senate do about the impeachment of Bubba? Hmmm? Curious people want to know.

Post the letter.

I just read the entire letter. It never says that Trump is "above the law".

The more important question is HOW DID THE NY TIMES GET THIS LETTER?

Who leaked it?

It certainly does say he is above the law. Read it again.

Your article says nothing about being "above the law". LOL, you're a partisan hack, I'm not. NOBODY is above the law, some however enjoy extended protections, the President is one of them. Impeachment is the only option for a sitting Prez. Once a Prez is removed everything else opens up. Get an education.

It certainly does. I posted a copy of the letter in the very first post of the thread.

It's amazing you are all complaining, yet not voting and putting your money where your mouth is.

The letter even says that Trump wrote the letter about the Trump Tower meeting... where he lied and said it was about adoption and had nothing about trying to get dirt on Hillary Clinton.

LOL, you can't read, why does that not surprise me. No, it didn't say any such thing. As I said while he is not "above" the Law he does enjoy a little more protection than most.

" The only avenue in the prosecution of a sitting President is impeachment. Once he is removed from office all other avenues open up."

Get an education kid. You're over your head here.

You are the one that can't read. Didn't you notice one of the options in the poll was that he can't be convicted of a crime while in office but can be investigated?

I don't play I know the rules, I know what it takes and I have no reason to lower myself to your level.the opinion game kid.
so, if a president shoots and murders in cold blood, a person on 5th Avenue....

Are saying he can't be indicted for murder until he is impeached which takes a good 6 months to work through the process? this murderer will get to run our nation, be our leader, be commander n chief to our armed forces, for the interim time, and not be arrested and jailed? And what if he murders another person in the meantime, you still can't arrest or indict him?

I don't think so.....

Last edited:
Your article says nothing about being "above the law". LOL, you're a partisan hack, I'm not. NOBODY is above the law, some however enjoy extended protections, the President is one of them. Impeachment is the only option for a sitting Prez. Once a Prez is removed everything else opens up. Get an education.

It certainly does. I posted a copy of the letter in the very first post of the thread.

It's amazing you are all complaining, yet not voting and putting your money where your mouth is.

The letter even says that Trump wrote the letter about the Trump Tower meeting... where he lied and said it was about adoption and had nothing about trying to get dirt on Hillary Clinton.

LOL, you can't read, why does that not surprise me. No, it didn't say any such thing. As I said while he is not "above" the Law he does enjoy a little more protection than most.

" The only avenue in the prosecution of a sitting President is impeachment. Once he is removed from office all other avenues open up."

You are the one that can't read. Didn't you notice one of the options in the poll was that he can't be convicted of a crime while in office but can be investigated?

I don't play I know the rules, I know what it takes and I have no reason to lower myself to your level.the opinion game kid.

So you are saying he can't be indicted for murder until he is impeached which takes a good 6 months to work through the process? this murderer will get to run our nation, be our leader, be commander n chief to our armed forces, for the interim time, and not be arrested and jailed? And what if he murders another person in the meantime, you still can't arrest or indict him?

I don't think so.....

Well technically I think the move there would be for his cabinet to vote that he is not fit to be President and he be removed and replaced immediately by the VP.

No, the president is not above the law; however, the constitution which is the law gives him great authority. As chief executive, he has the authority to fire the FBI director and he is not obligated to give the reason.

Note: Firing Comey did not end the “Russian Meddling” investigation. So the cries of “Obstruction” are ludicrous. But even if it were, it is not the place of the executive branch to Check and Balance the president. The other two branches have that responsibility. Congress has the authority of oversight of the executive branch. If the legislative branch has the votes, the house can impeach and the senate can convict (throw him out of office).

Trump is allowing the special counsel to continue for political reasons, not because he doesn’t have the authority to end it,

So you are saying he can't be indicted for murder until he is impeached which takes a good 6 months to work through the process? this murderer will get to run our nation, be our leader, be commander n chief to our armed forces, for the interim time, and not be arrested and jailed? And what if he murders another person in the meantime, you still can't arrest or indict him?

I don't think so.....
--------------------------------------------------------FARFETCHED , but look at how the dems and some repubs and lefty judges are stopping or slowing down the President nowadays as we speak . I f there was blatant murder and witnesses on fifth avenue then ALL would be opposing the President on everything and he'd be impeached , convicted and removed from office and probably very quickly [unless its a duel or self defense] . Then he'd be arrested and jailed and go to court as Pence took over as President 'Care4' . ------------------- i guess ,

No, the president is not above the law; however, the constitution which is the law gives him great authority. As chief executive, he has the authority to fire the FBI director and he is not obligated to give the reason.

Note: Firing Comey did not end the “Russian Meddling” investigation. So the cries of “Obstruction” are ludicrous. But even if it were, it is not the place of the executive branch to Check and Balance the president. The other two branches have that responsibility. Congress has the authority of oversight of the executive branch. If the legislative branch has the votes, the house can impeach and the senate can convict (throw him out of office).

Trump is allowing the special counsel to continue for political reasons, not because he doesn’t have the authority to end it,
I do not believe it matters whether an investigation is ended or not, due to whatever a person does to try to obstruct justice...or obstruct an official investigation....the investigation on Watergate was not stopped by Nixon, even though he obstructed justice...as example.

That has never been the position of all previous obstruction of justice charges?

Forum List

Back