🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you think there will be a conservative challenge to Trump in 2020?

Voters in 2016 asked.......How bad can he be?
Now they know

Trump will be challenged in 2020

Right now, it does not appear Trump has the political capital to run

Last President to have an approval rating as low as Trump was LBJ and he decided not to run in 68

That's not true. As I pointed out earlier, there have been several presidents who's approval rating has dropped lower than Trump's. And again, the polling data on Trump can't be trusted, it's not reliable. You can hang your hopes on it but given the pollsters admit that it's not reliable, I don't know what to tell you. Trump supporters aren't poll takers. If they are, they aren't honest. That's why all the major polls got it wrong in the weeks before the election. A month before the election, Gallup had Trump at 36% and Clinton at 59% ...Pay attention... they were WRONG!

But HEY... Please... Do not listen to ME! By all means, keep living in your fantasy universe where you believe all of America is turning on Trump and he stands no change of winning reelection! Maybe you'll get all confident and arrogant that you're going to win again? I think that's a wonderful strategy for you... just keep doubling down on the identity politics, playing the race card, attacking Trump on superficial nonsense and totally underestimating him! I hope you continue to do that!

The question is whether democrats are going to double down and ask Bill Clinton's daughter to run.

She's 37, she could conceivably run.

There's you an idea, Dummycrats! ;)
She would be easy to beat by a Rubio or a Graham.

LMFAO.... Given she's done absolutely NOTHING in her life other than be born the daughter of Bill and Hillary... I don't think she is qualified to win an election as Dog Catcher! ANYBODY should be able to defeat her!

The question is whether democrats are going to double down and ask Bill Clinton's daughter to run.

She's 37, she could conceivably run.

There's you an idea, Dummycrats! ;)
She would be easy to beat by a Rubio or a Graham.

LMFAO.... Given she's done absolutely NOTHING in her life other than be born the daughter of Bill and Hillary... I don't think she is qualified to win an election as Dog Catcher! ANYBODY should be able to defeat her!
You wouldn't. You should. But you wouldn't.

McCain, Graham, Ryan, etc., are real Republicans.

You're right, they do have (R) by their name, so they are Republicans. They aren't Conservatives, they don't uphold the Constitution and they don't believe in individual liberty. They are progressives on the right, just like progressives on the left.

McCain is a war hero but a failure of a politician and Graham is his trophy wife. Ryan is a lying sell-out who will be lucky if he keeps his seat. Less than two years ago, he PROMISED he would repeal Obamacare if we gave him a Republican president. He LIED.

Yes... there are LOT of "Republicans" up in Washington... McConnell, Collins, Murkowski, Cochran, Wicker, Cornyn, Alexander, Hoeven... plenty of "Republicans" who simply don't give a shit about Conservatism and really don't have many principled values other than getting reelected and capitulating to the Democrats.

And that's YOU, Jakey... you like sucking Democrat dick! Let's face it... that turns you on! Slobbing all over Democrat knobs is what you love to do the most.
Let's face it, you are a Conservative and have nothing to say of worth about Party matters. You are Alt Right trash, nothing more.

When Trump is thrown out of office, your kind will be thrown out as well in influence.

You're right that I am not a Party Republican. Never have been. I am a registered Independent. I don't vote based on a Party... never have, never will.

You can call me whatever names you like, it doesn't bother me, I've been called much worse. Anyone here is welcome to search my threads, USMB has a great search engine, and you can read my viewpoints for yourself and see that I am not anything remotely close to "Alt Right" on any issue.

Last I checked, the Constitution doesn't allow you to throw a president out of office because you don't like him. It also doesn't provide for booting people out because they are Conservatives. What's the matter you little fascist libtard, you don't believe in the Constitution anymore?

^^^ End of conversation, as Boss just outed himself.

No Republican he, only a mealy-mouthed conservative fascist who calls anyone who does not see through his incredibly narrow blinders a "liberal."

He does not even revere the Constitution, the Founders, or we who have served our country through thick and thin.

Last President to have an approval rating as low as Trump was LBJ and he decided not to run in 68

That's not true. As I pointed out earlier, there have been several presidents who's approval rating has dropped lower than Trump's. And again, the polling data on Trump can't be trusted, it's not reliable. You can hang your hopes on it but given the pollsters admit that it's not reliable, I don't know what to tell you. Trump supporters aren't poll takers. If they are, they aren't honest. That's why all the major polls got it wrong in the weeks before the election. A month before the election, Gallup had Trump at 36% and Clinton at 59% ...Pay attention... they were WRONG!

But HEY... Please... Do not listen to ME! By all means, keep living in your fantasy universe where you believe all of America is turning on Trump and he stands no change of winning reelection! Maybe you'll get all confident and arrogant that you're going to win again? I think that's a wonderful strategy for you... just keep doubling down on the identity politics, playing the race card, attacking Trump on superficial nonsense and totally underestimating him! I hope you continue to do that!
I like that

Polls do not apply to Trump......let him run with an approval in the 20s

^^^ End of conversation, as Boss just outed himself.

No Republican he, only a mealy-mouthed conservative fascist who calls anyone who does not see through his incredibly narrow blinders a "liberal."

He does not even revere the Constitution, the Founders, or we who have served our country through thick and thin.

No. I am a Constitutional Conservative-Libertarian. I already told you that. I challenge your lying punk ass to post anything I have ever posted here that contradicts that. Since I already know that you can't do that, we can conclude you are simply a lying hack who wants to flame, troll and harass others. Now we can end the conversation, punk.

I like that

But his approval isn't in the 20s. :dunno:

Like I said... keep believing those poll numbers!

Or will they wait for 2024 when Trump's terms are over to run?
You're making the assumption that Trump will want to run in 2020.

He's already filled out the FEC paperwork and filed. He could change his mind though. It's interesting, I was watching an interview a while back, I think it was just before his inauguration, and he spoke of his presidency in terms of "8 years" ...as if there wasn't any question he was going to be a two-term president. I thought at the time, that was mighty bold and confident, but then, that's Trump.

Election polling is used to point to a winner. Presidential approval ratings are used to measure public support. Using presidential approval ratings to compare support for the president as he goes through his term in office is statistically a valid means of measuring changes in support for the president. The change in approval rating is important. The actual value of the rating is not. Comparing support for different presidents is not really valid. Even if the same polling service is used the make up the polled population will be different.

For example: Trump's approval rating reached a high on 3/11/17 and reached a low 3/28/17 falling 10%. So whatever happened between those dates resulted in a significant loss of support for the president.

Last edited:
Election polling is used to point to a winner. Presidential approval ratings are used to measure public support. Using presidential approval ratings to compare support for the president as he goes through his term in office is statistically a valid means of measuring changes in support for the president. The change in approval rating is important. The actual value of the rating is not. Comparing support for different presidents is not really valid. Even if the same polling service is used the make up the polled population will be different.

Right... So IF someone had called me last week and asked if I approved of Trump's policies in the middle of the atrocious health care debacle, I would have said NO... I DON'T APPROVE! Does that mean I wouldn't vote for him? Does that mean I am not supporting him anymore? Does that mean "buyers remorse"? NO! Since only 17% of the country agreed with that disastrous turd sandwich, it's pretty fucking awesome he came out of that with 35% approval!

But Libtards see approval ratings completely different... they see Trump's approval at 35% and think that MUST mean that 65% of Americans want his head on a pike and all his offspring killed! And they parade around here all giddy and excited like approval ratings mean any goddamn thing at all at this point. They really DON'T!

Right... So IF someone had called me last week and asked if I approved of Trump's policies in the middle of the atrocious health care debacle, I would have said NO... I DON'T APPROVE! Does that mean I wouldn't vote for him? Does that mean I am not supporting him anymore? Does that mean "buyers remorse"? NO! Since only 17% of the country agreed with that disastrous turd sandwich, it's pretty fucking awesome he came out of that with 35% approval!

But Libtards see approval ratings completely different... they see Trump's approval at 35% and think that MUST mean that 65% of Americans want his head on a pike and all his offspring killed! And they parade around here all giddy and excited like approval ratings mean any goddamn thing at all at this point. They really DON'T!
Nonsense. Presidential approval ratings mean exactly that, the percent of people that approve of his job performance at that point in time. Two weeks from now it may be higher or lower. The use of presidential approval ratings is to determine how presidential support varies with different events. It helps the two sides create strategy.

Obviously, Trump's poor performance negotiating with House members on the healthcare bill, then claiming it would pass followed by failure, then claiming he's done with healthcare and the country will have live with Obamacare and he was ready to move on followed by an announcement that he was working on a new healthcare bill, certainly does not inspire confidence.

Nonsense. Presidential approval ratings mean exactly that, the percent of people that approve of his job performance at that point in time. Two weeks from now it may be higher or lower. The use of presidential approval ratings is to determine how presidential support varies with different events. It helps the two sides create strategy.

Obviously, Trump's poor performance negotiating with House members on the healthcare bill, then claiming it would pass followed by failure, then claiming he's done with healthcare and the country will have live with Obamacare and he was ready to move on followed by an announcement that he was working on a new healthcare bill, certainly does not inspire confidence.

Well Flopper, they don't have a fucking crystal ball. They STILL have to make phone calls and poll people. That's how that is done just like ANY poll. So the idea that presidential approval polls are somehow more accurate than election polls is ridiculous. They are subject to error just like any other poll.

And again... since you seem to be having trouble... If they called Tea Party Conservatives last week and asked them how Trump was doing in the midst of "Refurb and Rename" (aka: AHCA)... it's likely they didn't give Trump very high marks. Since only 17% of the people liked that piece of shit bill, someone was mighty generous to Trump for him to come out at 35%.

But really... what the fuck difference does it make now? We're not having an election anytime soon are we? Besides idiot libtards, who really gives a shit about his damn approval ratings right now?

I like that

But his approval isn't in the 20s. :dunno:

Like I said... keep believing those poll numbers!

Russia gate is heating up

How will his polls be in Federal Prison?

we can all agree that if Trump sees his chances slim in 2019, he may go and let Pence Run. I will be happy with any combination of Pence/Rubio/Cuz. and like I mentioned, If its Rubio.....The Dems may as well all retire.

It's such a long way off, but if Trump's approval is in the 30's in 2019 he will certainly get a major primary challenge. Or, he'll be easily beaten in the general election.

we can all agree that if Trump sees his chances slim in 2019, he may go and let Pence Run. I will be happy with any combination of Pence/Rubio/Cuz. and like I mentioned, If its Rubio.....The Dems may as well all retire.

lol, enjoy your swim to shore, Ratty.

There may be a conservative GOP candidate or nine in 2020, but it will have nothing to do with Trump, who will be long gone.

*sigh* Trump will not be gone because you don't have the votes to impeach him and you're not going to win those votes in 2018. May as well park that Impeachment Bus back in the garage and wait for another Republican president... check your tires for dry rot.

You mean the Trump who pumped up a Fox Pundit show who first thing asked for Ryan to be fired.... Thing is Trump is feeling the stress of office, the intense scrutiny of the job is starting to get to him. Republicans are waiting for the SC nominee (and it is theirs not Trump's) to get through and then the reigns are coming in...

Trump has delivered very little for the American people since elected... The rich got a good few breaks from him but not the little guy...

Forum List

Back