Would Trump have won if?

• Trump won anyway, but yes, not question

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Taking the states approach was actually the most constitutional route possible. It's a good thing that Trump didn't get more involved, because it is the responsibility of the states to handle things like this.
You have to be kidding? Once something crosses state lines it becomes a federal thing. Think when a hurricane strikes, the government sends in FEMA.
I'm not a fan of FEMA either. States should be responsible for their own disaster funding. Otherwise, you have the current situation where certain states suck up a lot of federal funds for disasters, while others foot the bill. Florida is at least semi-proactive about this, because they have their own state fund for disasters. I'm not sure if it covers their entire disaster costs, but it's a start.

Every state should be more independent about this sort of thing and various other issues.

It has admissible evidence never seen by a court. The courts would not hear it because it would prove fraud. The conspiracy was real. The cover up is a lie.
The irony is, Trumps lawyers did not go into court, and tell the judge the case was about fraud. Hence evidence of fraud wasn't germane to the case. Maybe you should ask Trump why his lawyers talked about fraud outside on the courthouse steps, but once in front of the judge, didn't claim fraud.

If I ne can't handle a pandemic then one may not win. Easy call

I'm still waiting on PROGS to chime in how he failed us during a pandemic. Your feelings are personal, conservatives like the tangible, so GO!

And is Biden doing a good job of the plandemic? In what way? Is he what we really needed?

Why I didn’t vote for Trump is because he wouldn’t shut up... Had Trump just shut up and did his job without the constant Twitter nonsense he would have won!

People assumed Trump would grow into the job and become “presidential”. Trump never did.

Most Presidents faced with a crisis like COVID would have rallied the country to fight it. Trump turned it into a partisan war.

I agree with you and had Trump just lead like a true leader he would have won... I mean George W. Bush would have done a better job when it came to the Virus...

Look at how America reacted to George Bush after 9-11 compared to Trump and COVID.

America rallied around Bush after 9-11 but Trump turned COVID into a partisan battle.

I gave you a historical example of why Obama couldn't close GITMO, because congress made it illegal to do so.

Impossible.

Efforts to transfer these prisoners and close Guantanamo have been hampered by a series of congressional enactments limiting executive discretion to transfer or release detainees into the United States, including, most recently, the National Defense Authorization Act for FY2013 (2013 NDAA; P.L. 112-239) and the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (2013 CAA; P.L. 113-6 ).

By prohibiting funds from being used to transfer or release detainees into the United States, or to assist in the transfer or release of detainees into the country, these acts seem to ensure that the Guantanamo detention facility remains open

Why I didn’t vote for Trump is because he wouldn’t shut up... Had Trump just shut up and did his job without the constant Twitter nonsense he would have won!

People assumed Trump would grow into the job and become “presidential”. Trump never did.

Most Presidents faced with a crisis like COVID would have rallied the country to fight it. Trump turned it into a partisan war.

I agree with you and had Trump just lead like a true leader he would have won... I mean George W. Bush would have done a better job when it came to the Virus...

Look at how America reacted to George Bush after 9-11 compared to Trump and COVID.

America rallied around Bush after 9-11 but Trump turned COVID into a partisan battle.
Trump let the states handle most of the issue, as he should have. It was only "partisan" to notice how draconian certain blue states decided to get.

Taking the states approach was actually the most constitutional route possible. It's a good thing that Trump didn't get more involved, because it is the responsibility of the states to handle things like this.
You have to be kidding? Once something crosses state lines it becomes a federal thing. Think when a hurricane strikes, the government sends in FEMA.
I'm not a fan of FEMA either. States should be responsible for their own disaster funding. Otherwise, you have the current situation where certain states suck up a lot of federal funds for disasters, while others foot the bill. Florida is at least semi-proactive about this, because they have their own state fund for disasters. I'm not sure if it covers their entire disaster costs, but it's a start.

Every state should be more independent about this sort of thing and various other issues.
One of the dumbest post I have read.

America rallies to help those states suffering from a natural disaster.

Do you think PROGS have done a good job of defending Biden considering the material in the OP of which MSM could have reported? I haven't seen a post one doing so, perhaps I missed it?

Trump let the states handle most of the issue, as he should have. It was only "partisan" to notice how draconian certain blue states decided to get.
Why Trump failed so badly.
Instead of getting states to work together for the good of all, he turned it into .....every man for himself

Florida knows they're right in the path of hurricanes, but they aren't prepared or funded to handle a category 5 hitting shore.

Same with Texas, and other states along the Atlantic and the Gulf.

I gave you a historical example of why Obama couldn't close GITMO, because congress made it illegal to do so.

Impossible.

Efforts to transfer these prisoners and close Guantanamo have been hampered by a series of congressional enactments limiting executive discretion to transfer or release detainees into the United States, including, most recently, the National Defense Authorization Act for FY2013 (2013 NDAA; P.L. 112-239) and the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (2013 CAA; P.L. 113-6 ).

By prohibiting funds from being used to transfer or release detainees into the United States, or to assist in the transfer or release of detainees into the country, these acts seem to ensure that the Guantanamo detention facility remains open

Obama transferred Gitmo prisoners to the UAB. Congress did not fund that.

Oh yes, I have.
Fabulous. So what exactly was this proof we keep hearing about that the courts ignored?
The stats on known illegal votes. Statistical proof on nearly impossible numbers and ratios. The affidavits from Americans who saw the fraud going on. Data on impossible percentages of ballots dropped creating those huge spikes.

Should I go on?

I'll take that as a compliment, since you have a knack for getting literally everything wrong.

COVID was Trumps ticket to re-election.

If he had acted like a leader, shown empathy, demanded sacrifices by all for the good of the country......America would have rallied around him ......much like we did with Bush.

Instead, Trump was in denial, spreading misinformation, passing the blame, telling people not to take precautions.
America blamed him.

A pandemic is not a state issue. It takes a federal level response and coordination.

Think of it like a war. You can't fight a war with 50 governors separately commanding their national guard.

I'll take that as a compliment, since you have a knack for getting literally everything wrong.

I wouldn’t want to live in your vision of America

Instead of getting states to work together for the good of all, he turned it into .....every man for himself
If you don't like federalism, you're living in the wrong country. But it is true that we've started to give the feds unlimited power. You may get your wish soon enough.

You aren't going to like the end results eventually.

I wouldn’t want to live in your vision of America
I already live in somewhat of your vision of America, and I'm not a fan of it.

Right, sure that's it, your feelings. States have to order the material they need and failed, but I guess that's just Trump's fault. Wouldn't be the likes of De Blasio or Cuomo, right PROG?

What exactly did Biden offer that Trump did not? I know he said he was mandating masks, but he's stupid or knows you are, could be both.

Florida knows they're right in the path of hurricanes, but they aren't prepared or funded to handle a category 5 hitting shore.

Same with Texas, and other states along the Atlantic and the Gulf.
They should be, and they would be, if we cut them off from federal support. Sometimes you have to force people to be independent.

Forum List

Back