Does Adam Schiff Lie?

It's easy to see both sides lie yet both back their candidate. Well done little ones.

Oh God...another clueless liberal that doesn't know anything about anything other than what they've been told on CNN and MSNBC! Do you people EVER talk to someone outside of your protective little liberal bubbles?
Are you seriously unable to provide some links on this thread? Why?

Thanks for the link.

I did not find in it anything that said that Biden's crime bill caused mass Black incarceration but I did find an answer in this article:
------

Mass incarceration started in the 1960s​

Stephen Ross Johnson, of Knoxville, Tennessee, a board member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and past president of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, told USA TODAY that it is "over simplistic" to say the 1994 crime bill led to mass incarceration.

Asked if the bill caused or largely contributed to it, Johnson says: “The bottom line answer to that is no. Was it a link in the chain? Yes. Is it the beginning of the chain? No.”

Johnson argues that the roots of mass incarceration can be found in the late 1960s and early 1970s, with legislation that created, among other things, the RICO statute, which broadened the scope of federal law as the war on drugs began to take shape.

The veteran criminal defense attorney, who founded the Tennessee Innocence Project, contends that mass incarceration also got a boost from a series of bills in the 1980s that created presumptive detention for federal arrestees.

-----
“People that are poor and of color ended up (under sentencing guidelines) with much higher sentences,” Johnson says.

Numbers behind 'mass incarceration'​

The term "mass incarceration" is relative. From 1980-94, the nation's prison population more than doubled on a per capita basis, from 139 prisoners per 100,000 American residents to 387, according to the federal government's Bureau of Justice Statistics for 1994.

In 1980 alone, state and federal prisons posted a 12% increase in the number of inmates, with an average yearly increase between 1980 and 1994 of 8.7%. In 1989, the federal and state inmate population swelled by a whopping 13.5% as 84,764 new inmates joined the prison ranks.

By contrast, from 1994 — the year the crime bill was passed — to 1995, the inmate population increased by 6.7%. The annual increase then dropped steadily for the next six years, from 5.1% between 1995-96 to 1.1% between 2000-01.

"During 2000, the prison population rose at the lowest rate since 1972 and had the smallest absolute increase since 1980," the BJS study said.

Race and incarceration​

Regarding mass incarceration of Black Americans, the issue plays out against the reality of longstanding racial disparities in imprisonment rates.

In 1993, according to the BJS, the incarceration rate of Black people at the state and federal levels was seven times that of whites. At the end of 1993, there were 1,471 Black inmates per 100,000 Black U.S. residents, compared to 207 white inmates per 100,000 white residents. In 2011, the proportions were roughly the same, with 478 white males in prison for every 100,000 white males in the general population, and 3,023 Black males in prison for every 100,000 Black males in the population.

Any increase in the overall prison population would automatically translate into a larger number of Black inmates, even if the Black percentage of the inmate population stayed the same.

(full article online)

I sometimes wonder about the sheer gullibility of people like 60s Fan! The sleazy games that the Clinton campaign were playing back then have slowly but surely been exposed and yet they STILL have no clue that the talking points that they were fed by the Clinton Campaign and the DNC back then were lies!

Do you seriously not know these kinds of things, 60's Fan? Why is that?
It is not a matter of knowledge but a matter of what is your source, which I can also read to see if I understand the same thing as you did. Not two people sometimes read and understand something the same way, isn't that so?

Thanks for the link.

I did not find in it anything that said that Biden's crime bill caused mass Black incarceration but I did find an answer in this article:
------

Mass incarceration started in the 1960s​

Stephen Ross Johnson, of Knoxville, Tennessee, a board member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and past president of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, told USA TODAY that it is "over simplistic" to say the 1994 crime bill led to mass incarceration.

Asked if the bill caused or largely contributed to it, Johnson says: “The bottom line answer to that is no. Was it a link in the chain? Yes. Is it the beginning of the chain? No.”

Johnson argues that the roots of mass incarceration can be found in the late 1960s and early 1970s, with legislation that created, among other things, the RICO statute, which broadened the scope of federal law as the war on drugs began to take shape.

The veteran criminal defense attorney, who founded the Tennessee Innocence Project, contends that mass incarceration also got a boost from a series of bills in the 1980s that created presumptive detention for federal arrestees.

-----
“People that are poor and of color ended up (under sentencing guidelines) with much higher sentences,” Johnson says.

Numbers behind 'mass incarceration'​

The term "mass incarceration" is relative. From 1980-94, the nation's prison population more than doubled on a per capita basis, from 139 prisoners per 100,000 American residents to 387, according to the federal government's Bureau of Justice Statistics for 1994.

In 1980 alone, state and federal prisons posted a 12% increase in the number of inmates, with an average yearly increase between 1980 and 1994 of 8.7%. In 1989, the federal and state inmate population swelled by a whopping 13.5% as 84,764 new inmates joined the prison ranks.

By contrast, from 1994 — the year the crime bill was passed — to 1995, the inmate population increased by 6.7%. The annual increase then dropped steadily for the next six years, from 5.1% between 1995-96 to 1.1% between 2000-01.

"During 2000, the prison population rose at the lowest rate since 1972 and had the smallest absolute increase since 1980," the BJS study said.

Race and incarceration​

Regarding mass incarceration of Black Americans, the issue plays out against the reality of longstanding racial disparities in imprisonment rates.

In 1993, according to the BJS, the incarceration rate of Black people at the state and federal levels was seven times that of whites. At the end of 1993, there were 1,471 Black inmates per 100,000 Black U.S. residents, compared to 207 white inmates per 100,000 white residents. In 2011, the proportions were roughly the same, with 478 white males in prison for every 100,000 white males in the general population, and 3,023 Black males in prison for every 100,000 Black males in the population.

Any increase in the overall prison population would automatically translate into a larger number of Black inmates, even if the Black percentage of the inmate population stayed the same.

(full article online)

I sometimes wonder about the sheer gullibility of people like 60s Fan! The sleazy games that the Clinton campaign were playing back then have slowly but surely been exposed and yet they STILL have no clue that the talking points that they were fed by the Clinton Campaign and the DNC back then were lies!
No need to wonder. Either one can discuss something without cursing, swearing and shooing people off, or one cannot.

The Clinton allegations and where the sources come from are not part of this thread.

It is not a matter of knowledge but a matter of what is your source, which I can also read to see if I understand the same thing as you did. Not two people sometimes read and understand something the same way, isn't that so?
Do you have an issue with my sources? I'd be more than happy to provide DOZENS more! This is common knowledge stuff, 60's...yet you didn't seem to know anything about it and I find that deeply troubling!

No need to wonder. Either one can discuss something without cursing, swearing and shooing people off, or one cannot.

The Clinton allegations and where the sources come from are not part of this thread.
Where exactly did I curse, swear or shoo people off? I simply pointed out how clueless you were in the things that you were claiming.

Do you have an issue with my sources? I'd be more than happy to provide DOZENS more! This is common knowledge stuff, 60's...yet you didn't seem to know anything about it and I find that deeply troubling!
You are deeply troubled in too many ways, and will continue to be so. :)

Of course he lies.

Didn't he tell one and all that he had irrefutable proof that Trump was helped by Russia.

Once the Mueller report came out Shiff sure didn't show that "proof" he said he had. He's a politician so he's a liar.
wtf? Mueller report detailed how Russians were working to help Trump win.

So did bipartisan Senate Intelligence Report:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back