Does America still have people like this?

My old man used to say stupid crap like that too. We grew up in the kind of Appalachian poverty they used to make documentaries about. All it did was suck and the old man died worn out and bitter.
and here you are. obviously alive and better off.

Actually I'm retired. I worked for almost 40 years. I served my sentence in the work world. Put in my time. Been retired for 27 years. The worst day of retirement beats the best day at work. Some day you will understand.
I'm still young and enjoy my career. I'm sorry you had a job you didn't like.

lol a degree doesn't guarantee you shit. a lot of idiots go to college and still wind up making entry-level wages.
But degrees in many fields wield alot higher wages at entry. Plus benefits such as 10 weeks off paid per year vacation.

Beats a non degree $15 per hour life no doubt.
These days if you stay clean (piss/crime) the world is your oyster.....In my AO there are all kinds of light industry jobs available paying damn good money.

I rode by a couple this morning and when I looked in the parking lot there was nary a rusted-out shit box in the lots.

Very few people don't live within their means.
that's how they get in a mess. trying to be the big man with the latest bullshit. I'm not ashamed to admit most new cars cost more than my house. but my shit is paid for.

Forum List

Back