Does An Instance Of Racism Has To Be Blatant/Obvious For It To Exist?

Does Racism Have To Be Blatant To Exist?

• Total voters
Marc....you can obviously post whatever you like....but why all the racism threads? Is it in response to the Sterling thing, or has something happened recently to you on a personal level?

Marc....you can obviously post whatever you like....but why all the racism threads? Is it in response to the Sterling thing, or has something happened recently to you on a personal level?
I post according to the media WQ.

What, exactly, is your problem with the question in my OP?

Why do you want to know if subconscious racism exists ?
That wasn't what I asked.

Are you planning on voting in the poll or not?

I don't have a problem with it at all....just curious.

Racism can exist in the human heart. That is regardless of whether those thoughts are outwardly expressed in words or behaviors. The same goes for jealousy, greed, lust, or any other human failing.

Racism can exist in the human heart. That is regardless of whether those thoughts are outwardly expressed in words or behaviors. The same goes for jealousy, greed, lust, or any other human failing.
Interesting answer.

Based on this, then there's no way to say for certain that "racism is over in America" as many Republicans, Conservatives and RWers were wont to say post Obama's election.

Right?

Interesting answer.

Based on this, then there's no way to say for certain that "racism is over in America" as many Republicans, Conservatives and RWers were wont to say post Obama's election.

Right?

Bingo---hello agenda

Interesting answer.

Right?

Link?

Interesting answer.

Right?

Bingo---hello agenda
What agenda?

Did I put those words in his proverbial mouth to ask that question?

Let's take it to the other extreme... does merely recognizing that someone is of a different race than you "racist"? Not a verbal recognition... just the thought entering your mind.

Interesting answer.

Right?

Sounds like a straw man argument to me. I don't think any credible person can argue racism is no longer an issue. Yes, I personally think there has been tremendous progress....but racism still exists in some human hearts....both black and white.

The treatment of blacks and Native Americans is America's original sin. There is no getting around that. Only a fool would deny that original sin has deeply hurt America. It has hurt all of us.

Let's take it to the other extreme... does merely recognizing that someone is of a different race than you "racist"? Not a verbal recognition... just the thought entering your mind.
You know, you could very well start your own thread to ask that very question.

But to answer your question directly...no.

Forum List

Back