Does An Instance Of Racism Has To Be Blatant/Obvious For It To Exist?

Does Racism Have To Be Blatant To Exist?

• Total voters
I don't have a problem with it at all....just curious.

Racism can exist in the human heart. That is regardless of whether those thoughts are outwardly expressed in words or behaviors. The same goes for jealousy, greed, lust, or any other human failing.
Interesting answer.

Based on this, then there's no way to say for certain that "racism is over in America" as many Republicans, Conservatives and RWers were wont to say post Obama's election.

Right?

Sounds like a straw man argument to me. I don't think any credible person can argue racism is no longer an issue. Yes, I personally think there has been tremendous progress....but racism still exists in some human hearts....both black and white.

The treatment of blacks and Native Americans is America's original sin. There is no getting around that. Only a fool would deny that original sin has deeply hurt America. It has hurt all of us.
I actually agree.

Care to vote in the poll?

Does a offhand remark translate to an "incident"? It's not against the law to make a racist comment but a racist "incident" might be unlawful.

Does a offhand remark translate to an "incident"? It's not against the law to make a racist comment but a racist "incident" might be unlawful.
I'm not suggesting that it is.

I'm simply asking the simple question of does racism have to be blatant for it to exist, or can it be present w/o someone detecting it. I'm not referring to, "in the heart", either.

I don't have a problem with it at all....just curious.

Racism can exist in the human heart. That is regardless of whether those thoughts are outwardly expressed in words or behaviors. The same goes for jealousy, greed, lust, or any other human failing.
Interesting answer.

Based on this, then there's no way to say for certain that "racism is over in America" as many Republicans, Conservatives and RWers were wont to say post Obama's election.

Right?

Link?

bump

So one person said Rosa Parks had a role in ending racism and that is many people saying that racism is over in America?

*sigh*

I know you could probably find four or five people who have said that racism is over and you could argue that four is "many" so you could technically be correct to say that "many" people have said it.

But your claim is still disingenuous on a level approaching being a strawman.

The poll isn't viable. I couldn't pick either choice.
What choice would you vote for?
Neither. The poll was confusing and nonsensical. I don't mean to offend you. It just didn't really make sense to me. The choices were too narrow and leading.
You're not offending me in the least.

When I asked you what choice, I meant as in...if you had to write in one yourself...what choice would you vote for?

So one person said Rosa Parks had a role in ending racism and that's is many people saying that racism is over in America?

*sigh*

I know you could probably find four or five people who have said that racism is over and you could argue that four is "many" so you could technically be correct to say that "many" people have said it.

It wasn't one person Amelia.

Clearly you didn't read the article. Clearly.

You asked for it, you got it, now you're upset about it.

There's no pleasing you people.

So one person said Rosa Parks had a role in ending racism and that's is many people saying that racism is over in America?

*sigh*

IKt's not one person Amelia.

You asked for it, you got it, now you're mad at it.

There's no pleasing you people.

You showed me a tweet made by a single person which could be interpreted as them saying that racism was over. You made a claim about "many" Conservatives, Republicans and rightwingers. You haven't backed up your claim.

I'm not mad. Not even at your attempt to bait me by saying that I'm mad or by saying "you people".

It's a silly poll. The answer is "duh, of course racism need not be blatant to be racism".

Forum List

Back