Does Anyone Have Faith in this Supreme Court?

Well give me an example. Was the decision popular? Bet it was.

The right is a minority. So everything the Supreme Court is doing now is very unpopular except for the extreme right. That's what is weird about this.

Not really weird. I warned people why they should be voting for Hillary. For one, the judges she picks won't take bribes from billionaires and rule in their favor and they'd never go along with a coup. Your Supreme's already have. 2000 when they sided with Bush.
bobo ...quit your whining....

Trump may lie to you when he warns you what will happen if Democrats get elected. But am I lying? I said if Trump wins he will appoint Supreme's that will overturn Roe. They did it. In 9 years when Social Security goes bankrupt, get ready for a 20% cut to your benefits in order to "save" the program. And you'll bend over, take it then blame Democrats.

Trump got to appoint two Supreme Court Justices in his first two years and a third after an octogenarian passed away weeks before the 2020 election.
The court then had a 6-3 conservative supermajority, and that was that. But the project to overturn the federal right to abortion was much more calculated, involving an alliance of Republican groups aiming to reshape Congress, the courts and American life. And while conservatives may have won a huge battle, it’s not the end of their unholy war.

That’s because if Trump wins a second term, this conservative coalition will bring even more litigation to strip away people’s rights — and would likely face a Supreme Court that’s even more untouchable than it is now.

two other organizations laid the groundwork for this victory: The Federalist Society, a judicial group that drafted a list of Trump’s Supreme Court nominees, judges Trump said were all opposed to Roe; and Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America, an anti-abortion political group with an affiliated PAC.

And they’re all funded with massive amounts of dark money, including from billionaires like the Koch brothers. The 30,000-foot view is that these groups worked together to draft and pass unpopular state laws and have conservative lawyers defend them in front of friendly judges who had been confirmed to lifetime appointments by Republican senators. The network could use this playbook on any number of issues in the future.
ADF wrote Mississippi’s 15-week abortion ban at issue in the Dobbs litigation. Dias and Lerer report that a conservative Wisconsin lawyer suggested crafting a ban at exactly 15 weeks basically as a dare for abortion rights proponents to challenge it, believing the Supreme Court would find the ban reasonable and gut Roe without fully overturning it.
The lawyer, Misha Tseytlin, allegedly floated the idea at a Trump victory party hosted by Federalist Society Chair Leonard Leo, and then someone connected to ADF heard it, and the organization had Tseytlin present his theory at a July 2017 ADF summit. (This story shows that conservatives picked 15 weeks not because of emerging medical research, but because abortion rights advocates had chosen not to sue over previous 20-week bans designed to challenge Roe.)
ADF drafted a model bill, identified states that might pass it and that had anti-abortion attorneys general who would defend it, and started talking to lobbyists. Then-Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed the 15-week ban into law in 2018, and litigation began.
By the time the Supreme Court was considering taking the case, it was early September 2020. Then Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, and Trump nominated Amy Coney Barrett, giving a 5-4 court a 6-3 conservative supermajority, with three Justices appointed by Trump — a president who lost the popular vote. The court agreed to hear the case in May 2021, and the rest is history.

And they’re all funded with massive amounts of dark money, including from billionaires like the Koch brothers. The 30,000-foot view is that these groups worked together to draft and pass unpopular state laws and have conservative lawyers defend them in front of friendly judges who had been confirmed to lifetime appointments by Republican senators. The network could use this playbook on any number of issues in the future.
ADF wrote Mississippi’s 15-week abortion ban at issue in the Dobbs litigation. Dias and Lerer report that a conservative Wisconsin lawyer suggested crafting a ban at exactly 15 weeks basically as a dare for abortion rights proponents to challenge it, believing the Supreme Court would find the ban reasonable and gut Roe without fully overturning it.
The lawyer, Misha Tseytlin, allegedly floated the idea at a Trump victory party hosted by Federalist Society Chair Leonard Leo, and then someone connected to ADF heard it, and the organization had Tseytlin present his theory at a July 2017 ADF summit. (This story shows that conservatives picked 15 weeks not because of emerging medical research, but because abortion rights advocates had chosen not to sue over previous 20-week bans designed to challenge Roe.)
ADF drafted a model bill, identified states that might pass it and that had anti-abortion attorneys general who would defend it, and started talking to lobbyists. Then-Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) signed the 15-week ban into law in 2018, and litigation began.
By the time the Supreme Court was considering taking the case, it was early September 2020. Then Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, and Trump nominated Amy Coney Barrett, giving a 5-4 court a 6-3 conservative supermajority, with three Justices appointed by Trump — a president who lost the popular vote. The court agreed to hear the case in May 2021, and the rest is history.

Ella is emergency contraception, and no credible doctor thinks it causes abortions, yet multiple states are already trying to legally reclassify emergency contraception as abortion. (Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst even explained her vote against the Right to Contraception Act by saying that she introduced a separate bill that doesn’t protect emergency contraception.) This is an area to watch in the coming months and years.

But getting the court to declare fetal personhood might take a while, and a backup plan appears to be trying to resuscitate the Comstock Act of 1873. ADF is arguing in the abortion pill case that the long-dormant anti-vice law means no one can mail abortion pills to other states, even those where abortion is legal.

And in arguments, two justices seemed open to the idea. Anti-abortion lawyer Jonathan Mitchell — the man who wrote the Texas bounty hunter law that nullified Roe months before Dobbs — is working with activist Mark Lee Dickson to pass local ordinances claiming Comstock bans the mailing of abortion pills. And he’s deploying the same tactic of pro-bono legal representation that ADF used in Mississippi. Mitchell told The Nation he hopes to get lawsuits over the measures in front of the Supreme Court “as quickly as possible.” (Mitchell, I must note, is also litigating a case that gutted minors’ access to birth control in Texas.)

ADF also has its sights set on reversing the 2015 ruling establishing marriage equality, but Waggoner also seems to resent when journalists ask her about Obergefell v. Hodges. (That ruling was 5-4, and two of the Justices in the majority are no longer on the court — you only need four votes out of nine to take a case.) “I’m worried you’re gonna just use a choice little quote, and anybody that reads the article is going to think I’m abandoning Obergefell, and I am not,” she told The New Yorker. “I think it is wrong and it should be reversed, but I don’t wake up in the morning thinking about how to do that.”
The group wants to roll back transgender rights in employment (Bostock v. Clayton County, 2020) and expand parental rights (Troxel v. Granville, 2000) so that parents can override the medical needs of their children with gender dysphoria, The New Yorker reports. ADF is also behind the rash of state laws banning gender-affirming care for minors and trans kids’ participation in sports — the group wrote model legislation. We’re watching a redux of the anti-abortion battle plan in real time. “It’s not that the Court is going to say, ‘Gender ideology is bad,’” Waggoner told The New Yorker. “But I do think the Court could say, ‘Parental rights are fundamental rights.’”

This far-right Christian coalition is coming for practically every civil right people in the U.S. have gained since the 1960s. It wants to oppress queer people, young people and women, and there are very few obstacles in the way of it getting everything it wants. That’s the larger message of “The Fall of Roe” — that religious conservatives are extremely organized and see their work as far from over.
The next president could appoint multiple Supreme Court justices who may be asked to rule on cases challenging the precedents in the crosshairs of ADF, the Federalist Society and Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life. Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito could retire, cementing a 6-3 court for another generation — or the balance could tip even further to 7-2 should tragedy befall a liberal Justice.
Our freedoms in this country currently depend on the life expectancy of nine unelected people in robes, and the court absolutely needs reforms, including term limits. Keep all the right’s larger project in mind when you vote this fall, because this network of groups is counting on people to tune out.

Well give me an example. Was the decision popular? Bet it was.

The right is a minority. So everything the Supreme Court is doing now is very unpopular except for the extreme right. That's what is weird about this.

Not really weird. I warned people why they should be voting for Hillary. For one, the judges she picks won't take bribes from billionaires and rule in their favor and they'd never go along with a coup. Your Supreme's already have. 2000 when they sided with Bush.
retard 2000 was not a coup Bush won Florida every recount proved it. Including liberal news papers and press recounts after the fact. You prove you are delusional by the way in 2000 the Court leaned left NOT right.

Ella is emergency contraception, and no credible doctor thinks it causes abortions, yet multiple states are already trying to legally reclassify emergency contraception as abortion. (Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst even explained her vote against the Right to Contraception Act by saying that she introduced a separate bill that doesn’t protect emergency contraception.) This is an area to watch in the coming months and years.

But getting the court to declare fetal personhood might take a while, and a backup plan appears to be trying to resuscitate the Comstock Act of 1873. ADF is arguing in the abortion pill case that the long-dormant anti-vice law means no one can mail abortion pills to other states, even those where abortion is legal.

And in arguments, two justices seemed open to the idea. Anti-abortion lawyer Jonathan Mitchell — the man who wrote the Texas bounty hunter law that nullified Roe months before Dobbs — is working with activist Mark Lee Dickson to pass local ordinances claiming Comstock bans the mailing of abortion pills. And he’s deploying the same tactic of pro-bono legal representation that ADF used in Mississippi. Mitchell told The Nation he hopes to get lawsuits over the measures in front of the Supreme Court “as quickly as possible.” (Mitchell, I must note, is also litigating a case that gutted minors’ access to birth control in Texas.)

ADF also has its sights set on reversing the 2015 ruling establishing marriage equality, but Waggoner also seems to resent when journalists ask her about Obergefell v. Hodges. (That ruling was 5-4, and two of the Justices in the majority are no longer on the court — you only need four votes out of nine to take a case.) “I’m worried you’re gonna just use a choice little quote, and anybody that reads the article is going to think I’m abandoning Obergefell, and I am not,” she told The New Yorker. “I think it is wrong and it should be reversed, but I don’t wake up in the morning thinking about how to do that.”
The group wants to roll back transgender rights in employment (Bostock v. Clayton County, 2020) and expand parental rights (Troxel v. Granville, 2000) so that parents can override the medical needs of their children with gender dysphoria, The New Yorker reports. ADF is also behind the rash of state laws banning gender-affirming care for minors and trans kids’ participation in sports — the group wrote model legislation. We’re watching a redux of the anti-abortion battle plan in real time. “It’s not that the Court is going to say, ‘Gender ideology is bad,’” Waggoner told The New Yorker. “But I do think the Court could say, ‘Parental rights are fundamental rights.’”

This far-right Christian coalition is coming for practically every civil right people in the U.S. have gained since the 1960s. It wants to oppress queer people, young people and women, and there are very few obstacles in the way of it getting everything it wants. That’s the larger message of “The Fall of Roe” — that religious conservatives are extremely organized and see their work as far from over.
The next president could appoint multiple Supreme Court justices who may be asked to rule on cases challenging the precedents in the crosshairs of ADF, the Federalist Society and Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life. Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito could retire, cementing a 6-3 court for another generation — or the balance could tip even further to 7-2 should tragedy befall a liberal Justice.
Our freedoms in this country currently depend on the life expectancy of nine unelected people in robes, and the court absolutely needs reforms, including term limits. Keep all the right’s larger project in mind when you vote this fall, because this network of groups is counting on people to tune out.
you really get into this shit dont you?......how many lines did you do?.....lol.....

He is delusional read what he wrote, he thinks 2000 was a coup. a 7-2 court decision in a left leaning court according to him preformed a coup for a republican.
The left supremes and gore let it happen. They didn’t want to make our democracy look bad.

trump knows it happened. He also knows Clinton was great, bush lied us into iraq and pelosi is an impressive woman.

he’s playing a different character to fool you fool

The left supremes and gore let it happen. They didn’t want to make our democracy look bad.

trump knows it happened. He also knows Clinton was great, bush lied us into iraq and pelosi is an impressive woman.

he’s playing a different character to fool you fool
you are not only delusional but insane.

I know Republicans like the new Supreme Court because it's filled with a bunch of new people willing to legislate from the bench but besides them, does anyone trust this new Supreme Court? Taking money from millionaires and legislating over decisions that will effect their business' and our clean air? Do the Supreme Court Republicans, because that's what they are, know they work for all of us? Nope. He thinks we're a Christian Nation

No wonder they have record low approval ratings.

Oh yea and Roe V Wade.
I have no faith. And if Trump gets elected, he probably gets two more judges.

5 judges appointed by the felon rapist charity thief.

I have no faith. And if Trump gets elected, he probably gets two more judges.

5 judges appointed by the felon rapist charity thief.

I think if Trump wins, some of the righties will quit too. Seems like Alito's wife can't wait for him to be done with that stupid job of his so she can fly homophobic flags that have the word SHAME in the middle only in Italian.

Vergogna!

I know Republicans like the new Supreme Court because it's filled with a bunch of new people willing to legislate from the bench but besides them, does anyone trust this new Supreme Court? Taking money from millionaires and legislating over decisions that will effect their business' and our clean air? Do the Supreme Court Republicans, because that's what they are, know they work for all of us? Nope. He thinks we're a Christian Nation

Oh yea and Roe V Wade.
I love that they stick to the Constitution and do not let emotions or politics sway them

I think if Trump wins, some of the righties will quit too. Seems like Alito's wife can't wait for him to be done with that stupid job of his so she can fly homophobic flags that have the word SHAME in the middle only in Italian.

Vergogna!
Homophobic? Why because she disagree with homosexuality? Seems like it's her decision to make. Are considered heterophobic?

I love that they stick to the Constitution and do not let emotions or politics sway them
Like I've probably told you before, what is and isn't constitutional is a matter of opinion. RBG and Clarence would beg to differ. Please don't tell me you believe Clarence is more constitutional than RBG or Sotomeyor.

And if so, the constitution should have made a rule. No supreme's taking money from billionaires.

Judges taking money from billionaires. Constitutional or unconstitutional?

Oh yea and Roe V Wade.
By "legislating from the bench", you mean going by the Constitution, don't you? Only the liberals who controlled SCOTUS for the last several decades legislated from the bench inventing law and even trying to use European Law as a base for their decisions.

alito admits in the interview that he will not compromise and that one side must win.

i think that we get the threat of christian nationalism, and how these traitors are hiding behind their first amendment interpretation the same way hamas hides behind gazan children.
Justices and judges should never compromise. They always should base their decisions solely upon the Constitution and laws properly passed and signed by the executive branch.

Why would anyone trust anyone in government?

Silliness.
The founding fathers didn't trust a strong government. That's why they built so many checks and balances into the system. They wanted a weak Federal Government held in check by strong State governments.

Forum List

Back