Does Evolution Lead to Fear of Aliens?

Any alien species, assuming they exist, that are capable of interstellar or intergalactic travel would certainly be far more advanced than we are.
Or just more focused and civilized. Imagine if 10,000 years ago the great Chinese, Arabic, Greek and European libraries were destroyed by war. And imagine if for ten thousand years religion didn't fight science and because corporations don't see the profit in going to the moon. That would mean government funding.

Anyways, we could be so much further if we weren't so uncivilized. We aren't that great to be honest. Still a very young primitive warring superstitious species

Any alien species, assuming they exist, that are capable of interstellar or intergalactic travel would certainly be far more advanced than we are.

That makes perfect sense.

If that is true then they would have noticed that this planet was teeming with life long before any human being ever wondered what a fart was.
You two might as well forget about the feasibility of interstellar or intergalactic travel. Any object with mass will have its mass approach infinity as it nears the speed of light, thus requiring infinite energy to continue accelerating towards the speed of light.
It would be cool if we found a habitable planet and then send microbes or DNA or whatever it is that supposedly started life here and start it there. If might take a million years and animals might never advance beyond dinosaurs but still it would be cool to start life on another planet.

We don't know exactly how life got started here. There's one theory that life from Mars landed on earth when a meteor hit Mars and flung Mars rock into earth with stowaway protein or DNA or whatever. Maybe a species on another planet sent life here millions of years ago.

I think the aliens sent Tardigrade.

If that is true then they would have noticed that this planet was teeming with life long before any human being ever wondered what a fart was.
You two might as well forget about the feasibility of interstellar or intergalactic travel. Any object with mass will have its mass approach infinity as it nears the speed of light, thus requiring infinite energy to continue accelerating towards the speed of light.

Maybe but then again maybe an advanced alien species knows something we don't

This is your opinion based on vastness of space. This is what atheist scientist Carl Sagan believed. He would not accept UFO sightings as he thought they were unreliable. It means there wasn't a sighting that a scientist would accept unless he was a weirdo. First, show us there's an advanced alien species. Can you show a single-cell one? Oh yeah, Carl Sagan sent time capsules into space for intelligent aliens to find, but still no response. He died with no evidence of aliens. I would think so would you.
So your evidence that there is no life outside of earth because we don't have the intelligence to see that far?

That's like an Indian saying the ocean was the end of the world. Then one day Columbus came sailing in

I have no illusions that we will ever meet an alien species

If you'll noticed I qualified the statement you are responding to with "assuming they exist"
I do not doubt that somewhere in the universe another life form exists whether we will ever know that before we go extinct is another matter altogether

My bad. I was more open minded about aliens and another life form existing until I heard the fine tuning theory. Now I tend to doubt it. If there is, then there would be a good chance it escaped from our planet. For example, if we found bacteria growing on the moon. Moon Microbe Mystery Finally Solved

I think extrapolating the properties of the entire universe from our most minuscule little corner of it to be an error.
Why? You do realize that we are not extrapolating from our minuscule little corner, right? The red shift tells us that everything is moving away from us. That coupled with the solutions of Einstein's Theory of General relativity - which has been confirmed in a myriad of ways - tells us that all the matter in the universe occupied the space a million billion billion times smaller than a single atom and then expanded and cooled.

that has nothing to do with life in the universe does it? I didn't even mention the big bang

You didn't mention much science either. Big oak trees come from little acorns, but the little acorns first came from big oak trees. Thus, the universe started from what? Teensy, tiny invisible particles?
How did fully grown land creatures get here?

Hawking is a total moron.
"If It's Weird, It's Wise"

If he looked like Brad Pitt, nobody would pay any attention to his Quantum Quackery. His entire appeal is to bitter, pencil-necked, hollow-chested nerds who go overboard on the idea that looks don't matter.

His spiritual perfect self could look like Brad Pitt or better.
People Will Always Be Kind, by Wilfrid Sheed

Hawking is a charlatan who takes advantage of people who feel sorry for him because of his freakish looks.
He's brilliant and it scares you

Can you post your evidence of macroevolution for mr. ding? We want to see that science is science as Mr. Divine Wind claims. I wanted to ask him if he believes that a universe can pop up from nothing. If cold fusion is true, then it could be possible. It appears one is getting more energy out than what is being put in.
You mean the theory of inflation as developed by Alan Guth, et al? Sure.

If the universe is expanding then it must have a beginning. If you follow it backwards in time, then any object must come to a boundary of space time. You cannot continue that history indefinitely. This is still true even if a universe has periods of contraction. It still has to have a beginning if expansion over weights the contraction. Physicists have been uncomfortable with the idea of a beginning since the work of Friedman which showed that the solutions of Einstein's equation showed that the universe had a beginning. The problem with a cyclical universe is with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. If it is a periodic universe then the entropy will increase with each cycle. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is a fundamental law of nature which tells us that entropy can only increase or stay the same. Entropy can never decrease. Which means that in a finite amount of time, a finite system will reach a maximum state of disorder which is called thermal equilibrium and then it will stay in that state. A cyclical universe cannot avoid this problem. The model by Steinhardt and Turok does not have this problem. They have cycles but the size of the cycle increases with time. So the next cycle is bigger than the first. So in this sense the total entropy of the universe still increases but the entropy you see in your limited region may not grow. This model does no contradict the inflation model because since each cycle is bigger than the previous cycle you still have expansion. And since you still have expansion, it still has to have a beginning because if you follow it backwards in time, then any object must come to a boundary of space time. The best explanation for how the universe began is the inflation model. It is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

http://cosmos2.phy.tufts.edu/Vilenkin.Whitrow.pdf

Before the Big Bang?

I think we agree that it started from a single point. Why hasn't this happened again or more times? This is a huge claim by QM so where is the evidence when we can't see it? As the interviewer stated, there's a lot of assumptions of laws made for QM. Moreover, physics has become a billion-dollar rich ground for pseudoscience where large-scale, billion-dollar experiments are involved. The huge problem with these experiments are that the results are impossible to reproduce. It would require another billion-dollar investiment. Thus, many assertions like this go unchallenged. Quantum tunneling and entanglement often produces inexplicable behaviors. Rather than holding their opinions for more data, these physicists rush to conclusion which often leads to crackpot assertions. Thus, we get universe from nothing, multiverses, nature and the universe is just made for life to begin.

The thing is that it matches observations and answers certain problems that no other model does. Additionally, it tells us that the laws of nature were in place before space and time existed. That's a big deal there. How can laws of nature exist without space and time? That question leads us to a first cause. The only known solution would be something that is eternal and unchanging. What does that sound like to you?

Oh sure, it leads to God, but why would God need quantum mechanics? People are afraid if we keep building more powerful LHC, then it will destroy us but we haven't actually seen any evidence of it. Just a lot of mistaken conclusions. We already had faster than light neutrinos anomaly -- Faster-than-light neutrino anomaly - Wikipedia and more. Just lookup LHC anomalies.

I enjoy finding out how God did it.

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

I suppose I separate the material world from the immaterial world. In theory, we have that point of singularity. I think if someone gets to that point, then he will not be material anymore. Whether they die doing it or before they get there, I do not know. Maybe they do not even die. It's interesting we have these theories, whether scientific or religious (cosmology or philosophy). However, I do not think we'll ever know the beginning for sure. God said he'll keep the beginning and the end to himself.

Wait until you see BreezeWood's evidence of macroevolution ha ha.
That guy is a complete tool.

Here's what BW posted as evidence for macroevolution. However, the photo is missing now. Tsk.

If God doesn't exist...
Here's what BW posted as evidence for macroevolution. However, the photo is missing now. Tsk.

nothing there bond, it's interesting you two latent reactionaries have found a thread to console yourselves with. by the way they closed that thread due to your prodigies incessant whining.

if metamorphosis was over your head bond one can only imagine the reaction bing would have.

Yeah, I told you that. It was a photo of a large insect emerging from its chrysalis. That isn't macroevolution, but metamorphosis.
Yeah, I told you that. It was a photo of a large insect emerging from its chrysalis. That isn't macroevolution, but metamorphosis.

it was beyond your ability to reason, exemplified by your mischaracterization of the subject.
Wait until you see BreezeWood's evidence of macroevolution ha ha.
That guy is a complete tool.

If God doesn't exist...

nothing there bond, it's interesting you two latent reactionaries have found a thread to console yourselves with. by the way they closed that thread due to your prodigies incessant whining.

if metamorphosis was over your head bond one can only imagine the reaction bing would have.

it was beyond your ability to reason, exemplified by your mischaracterization of the subject.

The subject was macroevolution. One example is how apes became humans. Not one evolutionist has said it was due to metamorphosis. We're back to you going looney tunes again.

8763-hawking.jpg

Renowned celebrity physicist Stephen Hawking is at the forefront of the search for extra-terrestrial life. But he warns against making contact with aliens as he fears they will be two-billion-years ‘more evolved’.

"Time and again I am confronted with the view from young people that “Of course there are aliens out there. We can’t be the only ones.” This is a surprise to many of the older church folk in my acquaintance. However, CMI’s UFO authority, Gary Bates, indicates that in his experience belief in aliens can be found across all age groups—including churchgoers. Surveys estimate that more than 80% of Western peoples believe that ET is ‘out there somewhere’ which presumably encapsulates a lot of believers also.1 But many young folk in particular have been influenced by science fiction notions of aliens traversing the galaxy in their faster-than-light spaceships and advanced weaponry. And older folk are especially surprised to see that young people’s belief in extra-terrestrials often goes hand-in-hand with a morbid fear of what aliens will do to them.

Belief in aliens—and fear arising from that—is a logical outflow of our young people having been sold the idea that we are the result of evolution, not creation. Life evolved on Earth (the argument says), therefore elsewhere in the universe—billions of years older than our solar system according to evolutionary reckoning—it would surely have evolved there, too.2 As well-known Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) researcher Seth Shostak said when asked why he believed in the existence of intelligent extraterrestrials:

By hawking evolution to a vulnerable public, they’re also hawking fear of aliens, too
“To believe that they don’t exist requires positing that what’s happened on Earth is some sort of miracle. I find that premise a tougher sell than to think that intelligence is a fairly frequent development in a 14-billion-year-old cosmos.”3"

It's amusing in that it's science fiction, but I also know that people who believe in other people will believe it no matter how smart they think they are. To believe that they don't exist means that some kind of miracle happened on Earth.

1. Bates, G., and Cosner, L., UFOlogy: the world’s fastest-growing ‘scientific’ religion?, 2016; creation.com/ufology. ET needed evolution, 2016; creation.com/et-evolution.
  2. DiGregorio, B., Interview: The alien hunter, New Scientist 199(2674):42–43, September 2008; newscientist.com.
  3. DiGregorio, B., Interview: The alien hunter, New Scientist 199(2674):42–43, September 2008; newscientist.com.
Full article here
Hawking fear of aliens - creation.com
Makes perfect sense to smart people.

If you believe in evolution vs the notion that God poofed fully grown land creatures magically into existence and you understand how many other planets are out there then you must believe we are not alone.

Then if you understand how technologically advanced they'd have to be.

Then if you think about human nature you'd be a fool not to fear a visit.

We haven't had one shred of evidence and now you're saying they're technologically advanced. I saw "Arrival" the other night and it was an enjoyable video. In it the world became afraid of the aliens. It's a smart sci-fi movie. That's what it is. It's not science, but fiction.

Show me one bacteria living on another planet and it cannot be there because we brought it from earth. I think you want to believe because of evolution. However, evolution does not create life on other planets like it does not create life here.

8763-hawking.jpg

Renowned celebrity physicist Stephen Hawking is at the forefront of the search for extra-terrestrial life. But he warns against making contact with aliens as he fears they will be two-billion-years ‘more evolved’.

"Time and again I am confronted with the view from young people that “Of course there are aliens out there. We can’t be the only ones.” This is a surprise to many of the older church folk in my acquaintance. However, CMI’s UFO authority, Gary Bates, indicates that in his experience belief in aliens can be found across all age groups—including churchgoers. Surveys estimate that more than 80% of Western peoples believe that ET is ‘out there somewhere’ which presumably encapsulates a lot of believers also.1 But many young folk in particular have been influenced by science fiction notions of aliens traversing the galaxy in their faster-than-light spaceships and advanced weaponry. And older folk are especially surprised to see that young people’s belief in extra-terrestrials often goes hand-in-hand with a morbid fear of what aliens will do to them.

Belief in aliens—and fear arising from that—is a logical outflow of our young people having been sold the idea that we are the result of evolution, not creation. Life evolved on Earth (the argument says), therefore elsewhere in the universe—billions of years older than our solar system according to evolutionary reckoning—it would surely have evolved there, too.2 As well-known Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) researcher Seth Shostak said when asked why he believed in the existence of intelligent extraterrestrials:

By hawking evolution to a vulnerable public, they’re also hawking fear of aliens, too
“To believe that they don’t exist requires positing that what’s happened on Earth is some sort of miracle. I find that premise a tougher sell than to think that intelligence is a fairly frequent development in a 14-billion-year-old cosmos.”3"

It's amusing in that it's science fiction, but I also know that people who believe in other people will believe it no matter how smart they think they are. To believe that they don't exist means that some kind of miracle happened on Earth.

1. Bates, G., and Cosner, L., UFOlogy: the world’s fastest-growing ‘scientific’ religion?, 2016; creation.com/ufology. ET needed evolution, 2016; creation.com/et-evolution.
  2. DiGregorio, B., Interview: The alien hunter, New Scientist 199(2674):42–43, September 2008; newscientist.com.
  3. DiGregorio, B., Interview: The alien hunter, New Scientist 199(2674):42–43, September 2008; newscientist.com.
Full article here
The presence of water is a necessary condition but not a sufficient condition. The distance from the home star (i.e. Goldilocks zone) is critical for water. If the earth were 5% closer to the sun, water would boil off. If the earth were 20% farther from the sun, water would not exist in its liquid state. There may be liquid water below the surface of Mars and Europa, but there is very little chance that complex life exists in either place. The recipe for life is much more complex than just water. So besides residing in the habitable zone, the following conditions would also need to be met: orbiting a G2 star, protected by gas giant planets, within circumstellar habitable zone, nearly circular orbit, oxygen rich atmosphere, correct mass, orbited by large moon, magnetic field, plate tectonics, correct ratio of liquid water and continents, terrestrial plane, moderate rate of rotation.

So despite the widely held belief that the universe is teeming with intelligent life, the actual odds are quite low.
If it's a million to one then there's over 1000 other planets like earth because that's how many other planets are out there. Then there are more moons than there are planets and they too can be habitable from what I hear.
Haven't we gone over this already? They actually have equations for this and it doesn't involve any of the stuff you just talked about.

8763-hawking.jpg

Full article here

If you believe in evolution vs the notion that God poofed fully grown land creatures magically into existence and you understand how many other planets are out there then you must believe we are not alone.

We haven't had one shred of evidence and now you're saying they're technologically advanced. I saw "Arrival" the other night and it was an enjoyable video. In it the world became afraid of the aliens. It's a smart sci-fi movie. That's what it is. It's not science, but fiction.

Show me one bacteria living on another planet and it cannot be there because we brought it from earth. I think you want to believe because of evolution. However, evolution does not create life on other planets like it does not create life here.
You don't believe because we don't know. I believe because I realize we know very little.

Amazing anyone still believes we are the only life in the universe

8763-hawking.jpg

Full article here
The presence of water is a necessary condition but not a sufficient condition. The distance from the home star (i.e. Goldilocks zone) is critical for water. If the earth were 5% closer to the sun, water would boil off. If the earth were 20% farther from the sun, water would not exist in its liquid state. There may be liquid water below the surface of Mars and Europa, but there is very little chance that complex life exists in either place. The recipe for life is much more complex than just water. So besides residing in the habitable zone, the following conditions would also need to be met: orbiting a G2 star, protected by gas giant planets, within circumstellar habitable zone, nearly circular orbit, oxygen rich atmosphere, correct mass, orbited by large moon, magnetic field, plate tectonics, correct ratio of liquid water and continents, terrestrial plane, moderate rate of rotation.

So despite the widely held belief that the universe is teeming with intelligent life, the actual odds are quite low.
If it's a million to one then there's over 1000 other planets like earth because that's how many other planets are out there. Then there are more moons than there are planets and they too can be habitable from what I hear.
Haven't we gone over this already? They actually have equations for this and it doesn't involve any of the stuff you just talked about.
You may have confirmed it in your head

8763-hawking.jpg

Full article here

You may have confirmed it in your head
No. I'm pretty sure it was with you.

As for aliens, I am sure they are out there too -- just too far away to touch us here -- even as we ourselves are too far away to touch them.

All in all the Earthlings and Aliens are presently safe from each other.

Someday we will make radio contact, but even then they will still be too far away -- light years

Why radio? Isn't that a little primitive even for us? And what makes you think that time and distance equals safety simply because we haven't solved the problems presented by space and time?

What makes you think they haven't already been here?
They could be among but have the ability to look human because the might have the ability to take-on human form by stealing our bodies while we sleep.

Sure, maybe Jesus was an avatar from another world under orders, a higher form of intelligent life in a disturbing disguise, wearing the clothes of an uncultured first century Jewish peasant of no account with the ability to travel through space and time and the authority to direct the course of history for either good or evil by living among humans, testing their mettle, and disappearing into thin air relatively unnoticed at the time from time to time.....
That is such a deep concept I never thought of. Jesus was an alien and he definitely made an impact on the savages.

But funny Jesus actually had very little impact during his lifetime. He didn't convert anyone except for 11 guys tops. It was those guys who went and told the stories to people who didn't see it. Greeks, Hispanics, other Europeans. The Jews who lived among Jesus didn't convert and start Christianity. The 5000 who ate with Jesus five loaves and 3 fish didn't start the first church or build monuments. Their ancestors don't exist to this day.

I think Jesus is just the ultimate martyr story but I like the idea of him being a message from another planet. Next time he will bring weapons

not weapons.

It is written that when he returns he will return with myriads upon myriads of angels and saints, a mighty throng, like the tree of life coming down from the sky, laden with fruit for food and covered with many colored leaves purposed for the healing of the nations.

Sounds like a full blown worldwide invasion of extraterrestrial beings wearing strange and disturbing human disguises..

scary. lol...

Isn't that what believers have been praying for?

8763-hawking.jpg

Full article here

You don't believe because we don't know. I believe because I realize we know very little.

My evidence for no aliens is that the universe is not conducive for life. There is not one bacteria on the moon. That's a fact.

Maybe we'll be able to do interplanetary travel during our lifetimes, but what for? I'll take living on a space station.

The atheist scientist Paul Davies, of Arizona State University (for my dear departed cowardly "friend" Divine Wind), thinks the universe just breathes life. This isn't jackpot. It's crackpot.

th

8763-hawking.jpg

Full article here

It's amazing that anyone believes there's one bacteria out there in the universe. I think in our lifetime, we'll be able to accomplish interplanetary travel. So far, there is no life on the moon. Not one bacteria.

This is your opinion based on vastness of space. This is what atheist scientist Carl Sagan believed. He would not accept UFO sightings as he thought they were unreliable. It means there wasn't a sighting that a scientist would accept unless he was a weirdo. First, show us there's an advanced alien species. Can you show a single-cell one? Oh yeah, Carl Sagan sent time capsules into space for intelligent aliens to find, but still no response. He died with no evidence of aliens. I would think so would you.
So your evidence that there is no life outside of earth because we don't have the intelligence to see that far?

That's like an Indian saying the ocean was the end of the world. Then one day Columbus came sailing in

My evidence for no aliens is that the universe is not conducive for life. There is not one bacteria on the moon. That's a fact.

Maybe we'll be able to do interplanetary travel during our lifetimes, but what for? I'll take living on a space station.

The atheist scientist Paul Davies, of Arizona State University (for my dear departed cowardly "friend" Divine Wind), thinks the universe just breathes life. This isn't jackpot. It's crackpot.

th
so because the moon does not support life there is no possible way for any other planet in the vast universe to support life of some kind?

But funny Jesus actually had very little impact during his lifetime. He didn't convert anyone except for 11 guys tops. It was those guys who went and told the stories to people who didn't see it. Greeks, Hispanics, other Europeans. The Jews who lived among Jesus didn't convert and start Christianity. The 5000 who ate with Jesus five loaves and 3 fish didn't start the first church or build monuments. Their ancestors don't exist to this day.

Exactly.

Its like they were a bunch of losers following a nut job sitting around a trash can fire in an alley hitting the pipe and dreaming about the day when they would rule the world.

Knowing this, and knowing that what they started has spread out like a net around the world, what are the odds that there isn't much more to the story than what meets the eye?

Remember?

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad: such is the sword that I am sending among them."

:wine:

Last edited:
8763-hawking.jpg

Full article here

It's amazing that anyone believes there's one bacteria out there in the universe. I think in our lifetime, we'll be able to accomplish interplanetary travel. So far, there is no life on the moon. Not one bacteria.

th
so because the moon does not support life there is no possible way for any other planet in the vast universe to support life of some kind?

Not because of the moon, but fine tuning. Life on earth and that's that.

th

It must be nice to be so sure of everything

wrong but nice

th

It must be nice to be so sure of everything

wrong but nice

So where's your evidence? Paul Davies ha ha?

The evidence is with me. It's also evidence for God.

Forum List

Back