does God love us?

The bible still promises a reward from god.
Maybe from a child's perspective, but there's way more to it than that. You'd think if that were truly the case there'd be more than 46 out of 31,102 verses that discussed what you claim is the central theme of all religions.
no not really because there is only one type of reward but there are many ways to behave.

The end result is always easy to define. How to achieve is always more complicated.
So you behave independent of reward and punishment?

I don't expect rewards for anything I do.
What do you expect?

Why do i have to expect anything?
So if you break a law you don't have an expectation of punishment?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

I can get everything I need legally.
You only do good to get things.

You don't break the law because you fear punishment.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

What things do I get from anyone if I clean my bathroom?

I have no desire or need to break the law at this time in my life. There is no fear involved.

But tell me do you live by god's words to get something from him or to not be punished by him?
Disagree all you want. Read some Kohlberg.

And he is the authority on my behavior how?

But answer the question.

Do live by the word of god to get something from god or because you fear he will punish you if you don't?
You'd have to have read it to find out.
No I don't I am asking you.

You said the only reason anyone does anything is to get something or because they are afraid of punishment.

So answer the question.
Then I guess you are going to remain ignorant about the morality progression.
Still dodging the question I see.

And I have read many many essays on morality and unlike you I don't think one person has all the answers.

it doesn't matter.
It does if you are after the truth.

The truth is all the rules set out by religions for "good living" are the ones that will earn the rewards of a god.
Wrong. The truth stands on its own and is based upon logical reasons.

Yeah and the reason to follow gods rules is so one can get a reward from god when he dies.
Wrong. That is your conclusion based upon your biases.

No they're not.

They are based on what I heard in churches when I went as a kid, in Sunday school and what I have read in the bible
So... from a child's perspective. Got it. What could possibly go wrong with that?

It hasn't changed.

Why don't you tell me where it states that there will be no rewards from god no matter how devout a person is.
But you have changed. You are no longer a child. You are now an adult... who is still clinging to the beliefs he developed as a child without any further investigation.

Yeah I just don't believe what people tell me to believe anymore.

And why is it clinging to anything?

Why deny that the bible clearly states that reward shall be given to the people who follow god's word?
Because you have a child's interpretation still.

So it's your assertion that there are no promised eternal rewards for following the word of god?
My assertion is that my reward is the joy I get from having a relationship with the Creator. Haven't I made that clear?

So no eternal life in the presence of your lord?

So then do you still deny that the bible promises eternal rewards in the kingdom of heaven?
I haven't a clue.

I deny that that's the reason to do good. Haven't I made that clear.

Why do you do good?

So you are asking me to give you bible passages and you say you have no clue if the bible promises rewards from god?

Your opinion and what the bible says are not the same thing.

Define what you mean by do good?

I think not killing animals for food is a good thing because I do not contribute to the suffering of those animals. I have no expectation or need for the approval of anyone or any gods because I made that choice.
I didn't ask you to quote the bible. I just asked you why you did good.

Let's define good as not cheating, lying, stealing or harming others. Do you do those things habitually?

You specifically asked me for bible passages that dealt with rewards. Are you going to start this shit again?

And no i don't lie cheat steal or harm others.

And I behave the way I do because that's what i have chosen. I expect nothing for it.
I asked you how many verses talked about reward and punishment and you provided 46 verses. There are over 31,000 verses in the Bible. If reward and punishment is the central theme of the Bible, you'd think there would be more than 46 out of 31,000 verses.

As for 46 verses, I'd have to study each one and put it in its proper context (something you have never done) before commenting further. But as I said before I have never ever heard a sermon on heaven and hell.

You only do good because you expect something in return.

There are millions of ways to murder a person and only one law that says murder is illegal.

The end goal does not need to be defined more than once where there are countless behaviors that need to be categorized. So your assertion that the number of times a reward is mentioned is meaningless.

And once again it is nothing but your supposition that I do what I do for something in return.

I get nothing in return for not eating meat. I get nothing in return for making my bed in the morning but I do it anyway.

And I don't break the law because I have no need to.

Now when I was a teenager I sometimes stole food so I could eat and I sold weed so I could buy clothes. I didn't fear punishment then I just did what I needed to to survive.

I don't break the law as an adult because I can easily afford the things I need and want.

You probably learned it from that church you attended as a kid.

Just because you repeat something over and over doesn't make it true.

What do I get for not stealing? I get nothing.
What do I get for not beating little old ladies? I get nothing.
You don't do those things because of fear of punishment. You would get punished for doing those things.

I don't do those things because there is no situation in which I could ever conceive of harming an old lady laws or no laws.

And you forget I told you that when I was a teen I stole food to eat and sold weed so I could buy clothes. I guess I wasn't afraid of punishment then right?
You do do those things. You aren't any different than anyone else.
I wasn't afraid of getting punished when I was shoplifting food or selling weed so you're wrong. Again

And I don't beat up old ladies because I have chosen a path that reduces suffering of all life.

I expect no reward for that because I know there will be no reward.

So it looks like you're wrong. Again.

Maybe from a child's perspective, but there's way more to it than that. You'd think if that were truly the case there'd be more than 46 out of 31,102 verses that discussed what you claim is the central theme of all religions.
no not really because there is only one type of reward but there are many ways to behave.

The end result is always easy to define. How to achieve is always more complicated.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

I have no desire or need to break the law at this time in my life. There is no fear involved.

But tell me do you live by god's words to get something from him or to not be punished by him?

But answer the question.

Do live by the word of god to get something from god or because you fear he will punish you if you don't?

Accusing me of what your parents taught you. That's sad.

There you go again assuming you know things about my life.

My parents didn't teach me anything.

My father was a deadbeat alcoholic who I had no relationship with and he died when I was 8.
My mother was a pathetic junkie who died of a drug overdose when I was 14.

So maybe you want to stop making assumptions.
Sounds like I nailed it.
No be ause you assumed my parents exposed me to religion. You were wrong. Again
Don't care.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

You said the only reason anyone does anything is to get something or because they are afraid of punishment.

So answer the question.

And I have read many many essays on morality and unlike you I don't think one person has all the answers.
You don't know jack shit, bro. You just think you do.

• Funny
Reactions: Taz
it doesn't matter.

The truth is all the rules set out by religions for "good living" are the ones that will earn the rewards of a god.

Yeah and the reason to follow gods rules is so one can get a reward from god when he dies.

No they're not.

They are based on what I heard in churches when I went as a kid, in Sunday school and what I have read in the bible
So... from a child's perspective. Got it. What could possibly go wrong with that?

It hasn't changed.

Why don't you tell me where it states that there will be no rewards from god no matter how devout a person is.
But you have changed. You are no longer a child. You are now an adult... who is still clinging to the beliefs he developed as a child without any further investigation.

Why deny that the bible clearly states that reward shall be given to the people who follow god's word?

So it's your assertion that there are no promised eternal rewards for following the word of god?
My assertion is that my reward is the joy I get from having a relationship with the Creator. Haven't I made that clear?

So then do you still deny that the bible promises eternal rewards in the kingdom of heaven?
I haven't a clue.

Why do you do good?

So you are asking me to give you bible passages and you say you have no clue if the bible promises rewards from god?

I think not killing animals for food is a good thing because I do not contribute to the suffering of those animals. I have no expectation or need for the approval of anyone or any gods because I made that choice.

Let's define good as not cheating, lying, stealing or harming others. Do you do those things habitually?

You specifically asked me for bible passages that dealt with rewards. Are you going to start this shit again?

And I behave the way I do because that's what i have chosen. I expect nothing for it.
I asked you how many verses talked about reward and punishment and you provided 46 verses. There are over 31,000 verses in the Bible. If reward and punishment is the central theme of the Bible, you'd think there would be more than 46 out of 31,000 verses.

As for 46 verses, I'd have to study each one and put it in its proper context (something you have never done) before commenting further. But as I said before I have never ever heard a sermon on heaven and hell.

There are millions of ways to murder a person and only one law that says murder is illegal.

The end goal does not need to be defined more than once where there are countless behaviors that need to be categorized. So your assertion that the number of times a reward is mentioned is meaningless.

And once again it is nothing but your supposition that I do what I do for something in return.

I get nothing in return for not eating meat. I get nothing in return for making my bed in the morning but I do it anyway.

Now when I was a teenager I sometimes stole food so I could eat and I sold weed so I could buy clothes. I didn't fear punishment then I just did what I needed to to survive.

I don't break the law as an adult because I can easily afford the things I need and want.

You don't do those things because of fear of punishment. You would get punished for doing those things.

I don't do those things because there is no situation in which I could ever conceive of harming an old lady laws or no laws.

And you forget I told you that when I was a teen I stole food to eat and sold weed so I could buy clothes. I guess I wasn't afraid of punishment then right?
I wasn't afraid of getting punished when I was shoplifting food or selling weed so you're wrong. Again

And I don't beat up old ladies because I have chosen a path that reduces suffering of all life.

I think you are a liar.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

My father was a deadbeat alcoholic who I had no relationship with and he died when I was 8.

Sounds like I nailed it.
Don't care.
You never care when you are wrong

it doesn't matter.

No they're not.

It hasn't changed.

I haven't a clue.

Why do you do good?

I think you are a liar.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

you must be looking in a mirror as you say that.

And I see you are still refusing to answer my question.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

Sounds like I nailed it.
Don't care.
it doesn't matter.

No they're not.

It hasn't changed.

I haven't a clue.

Why do you do good?

I think you are a liar.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

You have been weighed and measured and found to be lacking.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

Sounds like I nailed it.
Don't care.
it doesn't matter.

No they're not.

It hasn't changed.

I haven't a clue.

Why do you do good?

I think you are a liar.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

You have been weighed and measured and found to be lacking.

By who? You?

That's funny

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

Coming from you, who can't even back something up with a proper link because you're wrong all the time and can't find anything to back yourself up with. :lol:

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

Coming from you, who can't even back something up with a proper link because you're wrong all the time and can't find anything to back yourself up with. :lol:
Calm down, ma'am.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

Calm down, ma'am.
You just got bodyslammed with the truth. :biggrin:

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

Calm down, ma'am.
Says the guy who argues against the big bang and believes being born gay does not mean being gay is genetic.

Good Lord, you are stupid.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

Calm down, ma'am.
Says the guy who argues against the big bang and believes being born gay does not mean being gay is genetic.

Yep, the Good Lord IS stupid.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

I have no reason to.

Read some Kohlberg.

I disagree.

But answer the question.

So answer the question.

Calm down, ma'am.

Yep, the Good Lord IS stupid.
So says the dummy who posted a link which proved what I said about the cause for being gay is a combination of genetics and environment (nature and nurture).

“There’s a lot of room for nongenetic effects,” Bailey told Science News. Coauthor Benjamin Neale, a geneticist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and the Broad Institute, agreed. The study, he said, makes clear both biology and one’s environment may be a factor that influences sexuality. What does he mean by "environmental"? A range of experiences in a person's development as well as social and cultural factors that all could affect behavior, Neale said.

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It is only through the workings of God that every single one of us has the opportunity to gain everlasting life. He loves you and wants you to succeed and find everlasting happiness.

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It is only through the workings of God that every single one of us has the opportunity to gain everlasting life. He loves you and wants you to succeed and find everlasting happiness.
if your religion makes you hate someone, you need a new religion, my friends
- rewriting the one they made up would be helpful as well,
1616715947048.png

couldn't be any worse that what they have ...
What about if you have no religion and you hate other people for having religion?
what century have they ever not been at the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent - and merrily go on their way.

Forum List

Back