does God love us?

The bible still promises a reward from god.
Maybe from a child's perspective, but there's way more to it than that. You'd think if that were truly the case there'd be more than 46 out of 31,102 verses that discussed what you claim is the central theme of all religions.
no not really because there is only one type of reward but there are many ways to behave.

The end result is always easy to define. How to achieve is always more complicated.
So you behave independent of reward and punishment?

it doesn't matter.
It does if you are after the truth.

The truth is all the rules set out by religions for "good living" are the ones that will earn the rewards of a god.
Wrong. The truth stands on its own and is based upon logical reasons.

Yeah and the reason to follow gods rules is so one can get a reward from god when he dies.
Wrong. That is your conclusion based upon your biases.

No they're not.

They are based on what I heard in churches when I went as a kid, in Sunday school and what I have read in the bible
So... from a child's perspective. Got it. What could possibly go wrong with that?

It hasn't changed.

Why don't you tell me where it states that there will be no rewards from god no matter how devout a person is.
But you have changed. You are no longer a child. You are now an adult... who is still clinging to the beliefs he developed as a child without any further investigation.

Yeah I just don't believe what people tell me to believe anymore.

And why is it clinging to anything?

Why deny that the bible clearly states that reward shall be given to the people who follow god's word?
Because you have a child's interpretation still.

So it's your assertion that there are no promised eternal rewards for following the word of god?

Maybe from a child's perspective, but there's way more to it than that. You'd think if that were truly the case there'd be more than 46 out of 31,102 verses that discussed what you claim is the central theme of all religions.
no not really because there is only one type of reward but there are many ways to behave.

The end result is always easy to define. How to achieve is always more complicated.

I don't expect rewards for anything I do.

it doesn't matter.

The truth is all the rules set out by religions for "good living" are the ones that will earn the rewards of a god.

Yeah and the reason to follow gods rules is so one can get a reward from god when he dies.

No they're not.

They are based on what I heard in churches when I went as a kid, in Sunday school and what I have read in the bible
So... from a child's perspective. Got it. What could possibly go wrong with that?

It hasn't changed.

Why don't you tell me where it states that there will be no rewards from god no matter how devout a person is.
But you have changed. You are no longer a child. You are now an adult... who is still clinging to the beliefs he developed as a child without any further investigation.

Why deny that the bible clearly states that reward shall be given to the people who follow god's word?

So it's your assertion that there are no promised eternal rewards for following the word of god?
My assertion is that my reward is the joy I get from having a relationship with the Creator. Haven't I made that clear?

What do you expect?

Do you steal, lie, cheat or harm others?

it doesn't matter.

No they're not.

It hasn't changed.

My assertion is that my reward is the joy I get from having a relationship with the Creator. Haven't I made that clear?

So no eternal life in the presence of your lord?

So then do you still deny that the bible promises eternal rewards in the kingdom of heaven?

it doesn't matter.

No they're not.

It hasn't changed.

So then do you still deny that the bible promises eternal rewards in the kingdom of heaven?
I haven't a clue.

I deny that that's the reason to do good. Haven't I made that clear.

Why do you do good?

What do you expect?

Why do i have to expect anything?

What do you expect?

So if you break a law you don't have an expectation of punishment?

it doesn't matter.

No they're not.

It hasn't changed.

I haven't a clue.

Why do you do good?

So you are asking me to give you bible passages and you say you have no clue if the bible promises rewards from god?

Your opinion and what the bible says are not the same thing.

Define what you mean by do good?

I think not killing animals for food is a good thing because I do not contribute to the suffering of those animals. I have no expectation or need for the approval of anyone or any gods because I made that choice.

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.

it doesn't matter.

No they're not.

It hasn't changed.

I haven't a clue.

Why do you do good?

So you are asking me to give you bible passages and you say you have no clue if the bible promises rewards from god?

Your opinion and what the bible says are not the same thing.

Define what you mean by do good?

I think not killing animals for food is a good thing because I do not contribute to the suffering of those animals. I have no expectation or need for the approval of anyone or any gods because I made that choice.
I didn't ask you to quote the bible. I just asked you why you did good.

Let's define good as not cheating, lying, stealing or harming others. Do you do those things habitually?

What do you expect?

I don't break any laws.
Why not?

No, not a magician. Consciousness.
That's it, keep moving the goalposts until you find something that makes sense. But this isn't it. :biggrin:
Just because you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale and skew everything to that end doesn't mean I have to. It's no wonder there is no evidence you will accept for God's existence.

Your (fucked up) perception of God is not my perception of God. My perception of God is consciousness without form. That Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality. Such that Mind has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence hardwired to produce intelligence.

No goal post moving here. This has always been my assertion, dummy.
So where does the vengeful god and the bible come in?

That's it, keep moving the goalposts until you find something that makes sense. But this isn't it. :biggrin:
Just because you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale and skew everything to that end doesn't mean I have to. It's no wonder there is no evidence you will accept for God's existence.

Your (fucked up) perception of God is not my perception of God. My perception of God is consciousness without form. That Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality. Such that Mind has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence hardwired to produce intelligence.

You tell me. I don't read the bible like you guys do.

That's it, add a little smoke while you move the goalposts to and fro.

Because I don't read the Bible like a militant atheist?

No, because all you have is fartsmoke. Lots of it.

No, because all you have is fartsmoke. Lots of it.
I have tons of examples from your posts that show you are racist, Taz.

Own it, bro.

Forum List

Back