Does the Trump tax [scam] plan reward US companies for relocating?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
This allegation has surfaced several times on various news sources.....that is, that the tax plan that was sold to the American workers as a boost to their bottom line, is actually REWARDING companies to relocate outside the U.S. by lowering these companies' tax rate. Of course, GM's latest decision to relocate several of their plants to Mexico is ample proof of the "royal screwing" of American auto workers.

The corporate tax rate was lowered from 35% to 21% and such a reduction has been made PERMANENT while the middle class cut is both meager and only TEMPORARY.

What the hell is going on with Trump backers in willingly bending over to this sham? We should ALL remember that after the tax scam was passed, Trump met with his fellow millionaires in Mar-a-Lago and told them openly, "I just made you guys a lot richer:.......WAKE UP !!!

Almost an hour and a half in existence and not one USMB conservative, Republican or rightwinger has commented.

They are fleeing these facts.

The house of cards is crashing.

• Banned
Almost an hour and a half in existence and not one USMB conservative, Republican or rightwinger has commented.

They are fleeing these facts.

The house of cards is crashing.

Actually, my friend, I was expecting a whole bunch of

.....but , but Obama

....but, but Hillary

....but, but, Mueller

etc., etc.

• Banned
Maybe a direct question to Trump acolytes???

Does the Trump tax plan REWARD U.S. companies to relocate to foreign countries?

Yes or No?

Actually, my friend, I was expecting a whole bunch of

.....but , but Obama

....but, but Hillary

....but, but, Mueller

etc., etc.
They're slinking away.

They simply DON'T want to bring attention to it.

This allegation has surfaced several times on various news sources.....that is, that the tax plan that was sold to the American workers as a boost to their bottom line, is actually REWARDING companies to relocate outside the U.S. by lowering these companies' tax rate. Of course, GM's latest decision to relocate several of their plants to Mexico is ample proof of the "royal screwing" of American auto workers.

The corporate tax rate was lowered from 35% to 21% and such a reduction has been made PERMANENT while the middle class cut is both meager and only TEMPORARY.

What the hell is going on with Trump backers in willingly bending over to this sham? We should ALL remember that after the tax scam was passed, Trump met with his fellow millionaires in Mar-a-Lago and told them openly, "I just made you guys a lot richer:.......WAKE UP !!!
Link?
I’m sure the Tax Plan is only 10 pages long so you should able to find proof quickly.

• Banned

Link?
I’m sure the Tax Plan is only 10 pages long so you should able to find proof quickly.

How U.S. tax reform rewards companies that shift profit to tax havens .

How Tax Bills Would Reward Companies That Moved Money Offshore.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/business/taxes-offshore-repatriation.html
The GOP tax bill rewards offshoring – here's what we can do to stop it ...

• Banned
EXPERTS AND LABOR UNIONS ON THE TRUMP-REPUBLICAN TAX PLAN ENCOURAGING OUTSOURCING:

Tax Policy Co-Director William Gale (senior economist at the Council of Economic Advisers during the George H.W. Bush Administration): “The plan would also move the U.S. toward a territorial tax system, under which U.S. companies would pay no U.S. taxes on their foreign income. That would encourage them to ship jobs, capital, and profits overseas.” [Brookings Institution, 10/20/2017]

Tax Policy Center Senior Fellow Steven Rosenthal: “As long as the rate structure is lower abroad than it is here, we’re going to continue to have an incentive to shift jobs, production and profits offshore.” [Los Angeles Times, 11/10/2017]

Center for American Progress Senior Director for Tax Policy Alexandra Thornton and Senior Fellow Seth Hanlon: “Such an approach would reward massive corporate tax avoidance and lose revenue needed to invest in the domestic economy—and it could hurt American workers by further incentivizing offshoring of investment and jobs.” [Center for American Progress, 9/22/2017]

Reed College Economics Professor Kimberly Clausing: “By the time all the dust is cleared, there’s a net incentive to shift income offshore and to shift activities offshore.” [Los Angeles Times, 11/10/2017]

Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy Report: “This would worsen the already substantial problem of corporate tax avoidance and result in more jobs and investment leaving the United States.” [Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, 9/18/2017]

Link?

How U.S. tax reform rewards companies that shift profit to tax havens .

How Tax Bills Would Reward Companies That Moved Money Offshore.
The GOP tax bill rewards offshoring – here's what we can do to stop it ...
Thanks!
Now why didn’t the Portfolio Democrats, who are getting rich off this, say anything?
Do you mean to tell me everyone in Congress, regardless of party, is a greedy, selfish scumbag?
And by the way, Tax Cuts that don’t work after 2 years should be revocable.

Last edited:
Now why didn’t the Portfolio Democrats, who are getting rich off this, say anything.

I only respond to morons like you to bump up the thread......

and, WHERE was my post a "defense" of crooked democrats?

BTW, how many democrats were in Mar-a-Lago when Trump told filthy rich attendees, after the tax scam passed, "...........I just made you guys a lot richer"???

Now why didn’t the Portfolio Democrats, who are getting rich off this, say anything.

I only respond to morons like you to bump up the thread......

and, WHERE was my post a "defense" of crooked democrats?

BTW, how many democrats were in Mar-a-Lago when Trump told filthy rich attendees, after the tax scam passed, "...........I just made you guys a lot richer"???
Because you place the blame for everything solely on Trump.
Do you even comprehend what you post?

So, in your Trump ass kissing world, Trump DID not flaunt and take FULL credit for this tax scam???.............Yes or No?

So, in your Trump ass kissing world, Trump DID not flaunt and take FULL credit for this tax scam???.............Yes or No?
Trump took the credit but in your Liberal, Illegal Immigrant ass kissing world, Ds can do no wrong.
Even now you’ll use your TDS to deny they are an integral part of what you call a scam.

Trump took the credit but in your Liberal, Illegal Immigrant ass kissing world, Ds can do no wrong.

"Great strategy"........when the shit gets too stinky, it is always best to scatter the blame all over......

With the economy already booming and the unemployment rate to 4.4% when Obama left office, the ONLY reason to enact this rax scam was for Trump to make himself and his cronies a LOT richer on the back of middle class workers who will be burden with an additional debt to make up for the corporate tax give-away ....

"Great strategy"........when the shit gets too stinky, it is always best to scatter the blame all over......

With the economy already booming and the unemployment rate to 4.4% when Obama left office, the ONLY reason to enact this rax scam was for Trump to make himself and his cronies a LOT richer on the back of middle class workers who will be burden with an additional debt to make up for the corporate tax give-away ....
You call serving food a booming economy?
It’s obvious you’re a racist.

Truly, truly moronic retort.......Are you then saying that someone who was serving food under Obama is NOW, under Trump, a CEO???

What the fuck has changed except having a charlatan, demagogue strutting around clueless that the entire planet is laughing at him?

Even now you’ll use your TDS to deny they are an integral part of what you call a scam.

Your own hyper partisanship is a part of the problem, not any solution. Are you content in your do-nothing attitude?

Truly, truly moronic retort.......Are you then saying that someone who was serving food under Obama is NOW, under Trump, a CEO???

What the fuck has changed except having a charlatan, demagogue strutting around clueless that the entire planet is laughing at him?
I blame Liberals and Blacks who don’t want Law enforcement to ensure drug free schools and neighborhoods.
Your version of paradise is an endless stream of minorities serving food.
You are a racist.

Your own hyper partisanship is a part of the problem, not any solution. Are you content in your do-nothing attitude?
Please elaborate and inform us of where you actively participate in your neighborhood’s acheivements.

Forum List

Back