Does welfare make people lazy?

sigh

corporations arent the reason obama is failing; the Progressive agenda is failing

corporations hire mommy and daddy and pay for the welfare state obama's inept policies has created
Obama is not a progressive and doesn't have a progressive agenda.

His foreign policy is neo-conservative and his domestic policy is corporate driven.

He doesn't even have a single liberal in his cabinet.

Obama is center-right.

Generally speaking, it makes people dependent. If someone is getting a regular welfare check he or she is less likely to search for a job. If someone's belly is full then he or she is less likely to hunt. Does welfare make them lazy? Perhaps or perhaps not. Some welfare recipients may go skiing every weekend for all I know but if they're getting free money they're less likely to seek employment.

One time in my life (early 20s) I was getting unemployment. Since I was getting paid while kicking back at home I stretched it out for as long as I could. I would pretend to look for work but I wasn't really looking for a good job. I used most of my unemployment money to buy beer and pot.

So you believe we have to make our poor suffer more?

Starving children is an incentive to go out and find a job

There you go again.
So someone points out a fact - and that means he hates the poor.
Lame rwinger....lame.
I could just as easily ask you - so we should pay for everything for the poor - no questions asked no matter how irresponsible people get? Juts pay everything?
Oh that's right - we did that. My photos above showed how that turned out.
Liberals/Democrats all try and pretend that the social disasters of the 60's and 70's didn't happen. It did happen. Even though the $billions in federal housing complexes have all been torn down - those cities have swept all evidence under the rug.
You would at least think liberals would just try and pretend it didn't happen. And surely avoid the same mistakes again...surely.
But no....they are trying to do it again.

I'm sorry...I just don't buy into the rightwing "The poor do not suffer enough"

Removing a safety net from struggling Americans does not induce them to go out and get jobs when there are no jobs to be gotten

There you go again.
Lame rwinger....lame.
I could just as easily ask you - so we should pay for everything for the poor - no questions asked no matter how irresponsible people get? Juts pay everything?
Liberals/Democrats all try and pretend that the social disasters of the 60's and 70's didn't happen. It did happen. Even though the $billions in federal housing complexes have all been torn down - those cities have swept all evidence under the rug.
You would at least think liberals would just try and pretend it didn't happen. And surely avoid the same mistakes again...surely.

Removing a safety net from struggling Americans does not induce them to go out and get jobs when there are no jobs to be gotten

"the poor dont suffer enough"
this is what left-wing losers think passes for debate

poor loser; must suck to know there are WAY more poor people on obama's watch then there were when Republicans ran things

nice job; "change you can believe in"?

My apologies as I was wrong about that.
Thanks for confirming all the other facts in my post.
I haven't commented on the other stuff, but since you brought it up...

...corporations are allowed to "off-shore" their profits in order to reduce their tax burden.

70% of the corporations in this country, don't pay any taxes at all.

The tax rate for capital gains and dividends, is only 15%. That needs to increase to 25%.

As far as your comment on the democrats and the tax code, they were not the ones pushing to keep the Bush tax cuts for the rich, the republican whores and bitches, were.

"do not pay taxes at all"

LOL, so where do their profits go and why?
Offshore profits can only be HELD off shore IF THEIR earnings were offshore.
WELL DUH!!
End the capital gains taxes on those offshore profits and they COME BACK YESTERDAY.

And most all corporations that don't pay taxes do so because why?
They have distributed high dividends to STOCK HOLDERS.
And stock holders have to do what when they receive dividends?
PAY TAXES ON THOSE DIVIDENDS.
WELL DUH.

Go spend 8 years getting a BBA and a MBA and 35 years running and owning 3 corporations
and get back to us.
Because to date all you know about corporations is what someone else told you to repeat.

Trickle down....got it

how does trickle-UP work leftard?

how's that working out?

Great topic for another thread

How does Consumer Side economics work out? Put money in the hands of millions instead of billions in the hands of a few?

once again; must suck for you knowing the most Progressive-minded President maybe in your lifetime has more richer people getting RICHER FASTER and more Middle Class and poor getting POORER FASTER than on the Republican's watch?

sigh

corporations arent the reason obama is failing; the Progressive agenda is failing

corporations hire mommy and daddy and pay for the welfare state obama's inept policies has created
Obama is not a progressive and doesn't have a progressive agenda.

His foreign policy is neo-conservative and his domestic policy is corporate driven.

He doesn't even have a single liberal in his cabinet.

Obama is center-right.

oh sorry leftard; next time have a scaence and see if you can channel Hugo Chavez to run on the Dem Party line

There you go again.
Lame rwinger....lame.

Show us one example where a "safety net" has been removed for "struggling Americans".
Used to be we helped those in true need.
Now it is to "struggling Americans"
Most ALL Americans are struggling these days. Government is not be the ones that help them.
Family, community and philanthropy has been looked down on and replaced with GOVERNMENT.
And the policy is a massive failure.

an idiot far out on the extreme-Left will see things as being on the far right.

cuz you're so stupid you dont know where you are

That is true, the policies of this administration has caused more people to get richer than help the poor.

There you go again.
Lame rwinger....lame.

Show us one example where a "safety net" has been removed for "struggling Americans".
Used to be we helped those in true need.
Now it is to "struggling Americans"
Most ALL Americans are struggling these days. Government is not be the ones that help them.
Family, community and philanthropy has been looked down on and replaced with GOVERNMENT.
And the policy is a massive failure.

since they can no longer deny that the trainwreck called obamacare will COST JOBS; the idiotic and increasingly desperate Democrat Party has taken to saying how "liberating" unemployment can be; and how a life on welfare or/unemployment is "freedom' and offers "choices"

these are the same idiots calling others heartless for merely asking why; if things are so much better now; welfare and unemployment cant be cut by one penny of one day of eligibility

idiots and hypocrites

There you go again.
Lame rwinger....lame.

poor loser; must suck to know there are WAY more poor people on obama's watch then there were when Republicans ran things

That is very true and it is a phenomena that has been going on for thirthy years and has been exacerbated by the Great Bush Economic Collapse of 2008.

As a country, we suffer not just from the number of Americans on welfare but the number of Working Americans who no longer earn enough to support a family on. We have a corporate America that likes to keep its workforce on edge. Low wages, low job security, low chances of advancement

That is the America we have settled for

President Obama cannot wave his magic wand and end that. But he can nibble around the edges. Force employers to give health insurance, raise the minimum wage, make education affordable

All opposed by Conservatives

That is very true and it is a phenomena that has been going on for thirthy years and has been exacerbated by the Great Bush Economic Collapse of 2008.

As a country, we suffer not just from the number of Americans on welfare but the number of Working Americans who no longer earn enough to support a family on. We have a corporate America that likes to keep its workforce on edge. Low wages, low job security, low chances of advancement

President Obama cannot wave his magic wand and end that. But he can nibble around the edges. Force employers to give health insurance, raise the minimum wage, make education affordable

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!1 mommy mommy people i insist i'm smarter than are making me fail worse then they did!!

lol what an idiot you are

There you go again.
Lame rwinger....lame.

And once again you ignore the elephant in the room, and talk about the mouse.
There is no safety net. Never was, never will be.
The multi-generational disastrous social "safety net" policies of the 60's-70's utterly destroyed millions of lives, and the black race is STILL reeling in the aftermath.
As someone said - welfare does not necessarily make people lazy, but overwhelming and undeniable historical evidence shows us - IT MAKES PEOPLE DEPENDENT.
That is not a safety net RW. That is a crutch. It ruins the lives and stifles opportunity for the very poor you want to help.
As the saying goes - you can help the helpless, but you can't help the hopeless.

how does trickle-UP work leftard?

how's that working out?

Great topic for another thread

How does Consumer Side economics work out? Put money in the hands of millions instead of billions in the hands of a few?

once again; must suck for you knowing the most Progressive-minded President maybe in your lifetime has more richer people getting RICHER FASTER and more Middle Class and poor getting POORER FASTER than on the Republican's watch?

Very true......that train has left the station

We run by the Golden Rule....He who has the Gold makes the Rules

We have endless laws and tax codes structured to ensure that the wealthy continue to aquire wealth and protect the wealth that they have.

Even a simple change like revoking the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy was met by extreme opposition from the right. What can we do?
We don't need to rob from the rich and give to the poor. But we need to end those incentives and protections that send more of our future wealth to the rich at the expense of working Americans

There you go again.
Lame rwinger....lame.

The multi-generational disastrous social "safety net" policies of the 60's-70's utterly destroyed millions of lives, and the black race is STILL reeling in the aftermath.
As someone said - welfare does not necessarily make people lazy, but overwhelming and undeniable historical evidence shows us - IT MAKES PEOPLE DEPENDENT.
That is not a safety net RW. That is a crutch. It ruins the lives and stifles opportunity for the very poor you want to help.
As the saying goes - you can help the helpless, but you can't help the hopeless.

I don't see your obsession with the failed social experiments of the 60s and 70s. Seemed like a good idea at the time...but we have moved on

Doesn't mean we should stop trying, only that we need a change of direction

Last edited:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!1 mommy mommy people i insist i'm smarter than are making me fail worse then they did!!

lol what an idiot you are

?

I don't see your obsession with the failed social experiments of the 60s and 70s. Seemed like a good idea at the time...but we have moved on

Doesn't mean we ahould stop trying, only that we need a change of direction

lol good one stupid. just experiment with people and move on after you ruin them. that's why they are called "projects"; you know, where countless young black males have died in violence?

lol good one stupid. just experiment with people and move on after you ruin them. that's why they are called "projects"; you know, where countless young black males have died in violence?

Yep

That is the way things generally work out in life. You try things, evaluate how they turned out and adjust accordingly

Yep

That is the way things generally work out in life. You try things, evaluate how they turned out and adjust accordingly

except you are talking about failed Progressive ideology that killed hundreds of thousands of Black men, women and children in a cylce of despair and government dependence

Does welfare make everyone lazy?
Certainly not.
Does everyone that draws welfare cheat by getting it?
Certainly not.
Do most people that draw it need it and should get it?
Yes.
Are there people that draw it that do so without seeking other avenues such as family, community, local programs and self initiative?
Yes, and growing by millions.
Should YOU do more to help these people yourselves?
Yes.
SO GO DO IT.

Forum List

Back