DOMA ruled unconstitutional

I'm still trying to figure out why so many "straight" people are so obsessed with gay sex.
Speaking for myself, a straight man, I can say that I see marriage equality as a civil right. I'm an American and, as such, I believe that equality and liberty should extend to 100% of the law abiding American citizens. I further believe that denying someone equality just because you feel that what they think or do or believe is icky smacks of the absolute worst aspects of our history~ when people in the racial majority could lord it over any minority just because of race.

If being a homosexual was in itself a crime then I believe that certain rights should be denied. But, that's not the case, is it?

Agree. I'm all for having a government that legislates rules that protect us from criminal acts, such as things that impose on my rights as an individual (murder, rape, fraud, theft, assault). But using the FEDERAL government to legislate and mandate the moral standards of a single group of people, so that it applies to the broader public? Insanity.

As a general rule, if an action infringes not on anyone else’s personal rights within a given society, then it should not be prohibited… and why should it be?

Homosexuality and acceptance of same sex relationships are not values passed along from civilization and societal structure to succeeding civilizations and societal structure. Historically the normalization of homosexuality is part of whatever degeneracy exists to cause collapse.

What looks likely is that western civilization itself will be submerged under the rise of iislam with gays and lesbians rounded up and executed en masse.

Oh noes run for your life here come the gay people

Gay has exsisted since the begining of mankind.

we have survived just fine.

You do realize allowing gays to marry will give more reason for Muslims to attack America?

/falls over laughing

//we're talking hysterics

//zomg! I think I sprained a dimple!

///.................... bWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!

I'm still trying to figure out why so many "straight" people are so obsessed with gay sex.
Speaking for myself, a straight man, I can say that I see marriage equality as a civil right. I'm an American and, as such, I believe that equality and liberty should extend to 100% of the law abiding American citizens. I further believe that denying someone equality just because you feel that what they think or do or believe is icky smacks of the absolute worst aspects of our history~ when people in the racial majority could lord it over any minority just because of race.

If being a homosexual was in itself a crime then I believe that certain rights should be denied. But, that's not the case, is it?

Brothers and sisters have a right to marry and have inbred children don't they?

Guess it was that damn racist, bigoted, hateful, homophobic DEMOCRAT president in 1996 that allowed DOMA to be passed...Bill Clinton.

that was DADT, and a disgraceful compromise to assholes. DOMA was all little Georgie.

My bad, Clinton did sign it

Last edited:

You do realize allowing gays to marry will give more reason for Muslims to attack America?

/falls over laughing

Really? How are gays treated in Muslim countries?

If homosexual acts were the norm the human species would not be here now. We would have never lasted 30 years after creation

The point is:

Do you like to have a Federal nanny-sitter making sure that you behave at all time? Do we need to craft laws that prohibit individuals from taking part in an act that in no way infringes on anyone else's rights?

You're a Big Government thug, and I consider folks like you a direct threat to the personal liberties of all who live in this great nation..

Somebody's gotta defend freedom...

You have no point.
Abnormal is not normal.

To me and the great majority of people I know (I'm under 30), gay marriage is completely normal. I treat gay couples no differently that I would straight couples.

So again (in case you didn't catch it the first time), "normality" is relative from person to person, place to place, and era to era. What makes your opinion, and what's "normal" to you better than everyone else's? What kind of arrogant ego trip are you on exactly?

Last edited:

According to ancient royal families and some (not saying yours) moms and dads...:eusa_whistle:

The point is:

Do you like to have a Federal nanny-sitter making sure that you behave at all time? Do we need to craft laws that prohibit individuals from taking part in an act that in no way infringes on anyone else's rights?

You're a Big Government thug, and I consider folks like you a direct threat to the personal liberties of all who live in this great nation..

Somebody's gotta defend freedom...

You have no point.
Abnormal is not normal.

To me and the great majority of people I know, gay marriage is completely normal. I treat gay couples no differently that I would straight couples.

So again (in case you didn't catch it the first time), "normality" is relative from person to person, place to place, and era to era. What makes your opinion, and what's "normal" to you better than everyone else's? What kind of arrogant ego trip are you on exactly?

If that';s how you and the people you know feel that would make you and them abnormal and is not a good argument.

/falls over laughing

He's being serious. He actually believes that we should deny people rights because of what terrorists might think.

Says the guy with the failed flag as an avatar

So you wanna play?

Ok then.

What Party was founded as the anti-slavery Party and fought to free blacks from slavery?

What was the Party of Abraham Lincoln who signed the emancipation proclamation that resulted in the Juneteenth celebrations that occur in black communities today?

What Party passed the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth Amendments to the U. S. Constitution granting blacks freedom, citizenship, and the right to vote?

What Party passed the Civil Rights Acts of 1866 and 1875 granting blacks protection from the Black Codes and prohibiting racial discrimination in public accommodations, and was the Party of most blacks prior to the 1960’s, including Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Booker T. Washington, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?

What was the Party of the founding fathers of the NAACP?

What was the Party of President Dwight Eisenhower who sent U.S. troops to Arkansas to desegregate schools, established the Civil Rights Commission in 1958, and appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the U.S. Supreme Court which resulted in the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision ending school segregation?

What Party, by the greatest percentage, passed the Civil Rights Acts of the 1950’s and 1960’s?

What was the Party of President Richard Nixon who instituted the first Affirmative Action program in 1969 with the Philadelphia Plan that established goals and timetables?

What is the Party of President George W. Bush who appointed more blacks to high-level positions than any president in history and who spent record money education, job training and health care to help black Americans prosper?

Now watch TM run off!

Let me get this straight, Lonestar-

You’re (A) praising the Republican party for the instances in history where they honorably supported liberty and freedom (by shrinking the size/power of government), while at the same time (B) supporting a stance within this thread (DOMA) that inhibits liberty and freedom by increasing the Authority of the Federal Government?

Sounds like a huge double standard to me…

In a nutshell, I'm more concerned about what the Republican Party represents TODAY, vs what it used to represent during the time of Abraham Lincoln.

Dipshit aka truthmatters made a remark about Republicans being on the wrong side of history.. again. I had to inform her dumbass on a little Republican history.

And as usual she ran off like the coward she is.

As for DOMA, I think it was a waste of congressional time.

Marriage is and has been since the dawn of man a union between one man and one woman.

If homosexuals wish to join in a civil union I see no problem with that. But it is not and never will be a "marriage".

It's my opinion that homosexuals simply want to validate their abominable lifestyle by highjacking a word that has been synonymous with heterosexual unions.

Let's answer.

What Party was founded as the anti-slavery Party and fought to free blacks from slavery? And abandoned the freedmen and women in 1877 to keep the Presidency?

What was the Party of Abraham Lincoln who signed the emancipation proclamation that resulted in the Juneteenth celebrations that occur in black communities today? And abandoned the freedmen and women in 1877 to keep the Presidency?

What Party passed the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth Amendments to the U. S. Constitution granting blacks freedom, citizenship, and the right to vote? And abandoned the freedmen and women in 1877 to keep the Presidency?

What Party passed the Civil Rights Acts of 1866 and 1875 granting blacks protection from the Black Codes and prohibiting racial discrimination in public accommodations, and was the Party of most blacks prior to the 1960’s, including Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Booker T. Washington, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? And abandoned the freedmen and women in 1877 to keep the Presidency?

What was the Party of the founding fathers of the NAACP? Republicans and Democrats.

What was the Party of President Dwight Eisenhower who sent U.S. troops to Arkansas to desegregate schools, established the Civil Rights Commission in 1958, and appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the U.S. Supreme Court which resulted in the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision ending school segregation? And which President said the Chief Justice Warren was his worst appointment?

What Party, by the greatest percentage, passed the Civil Rights Acts of the 1950’s and 1960’s? Which party had the highest % of southern members in the Senate and House vote against them?

What was the Party of President Richard Nixon who instituted the first Affirmative Action program in 1969 with the Philadelphia Plan that established goals and timetables? And which party's majority voted with him?

What is the Party of President George W. Bush who appointed more blacks to high-level positions than any president in history and who spent record money education, job training and health care to help black Americans prosper? And which party' and its president has since surpassed Bush?

You are too easy to kick to the curb. What a trool!

Well jake since the 9th and 10th amendments were written into the Constitution via the bill of rights what are the usage of those amendments surely they have a purpose. How would they be applied?

So you, bigrebnc, are suggesting that you would use the 9th and 10th to strengthen state rights, and let the states decide about slavery, not Congress and the people through the amendment process. I undestand ya.

BOSTON — An appeals court ruled Thursday that a law that denies a host of federal benefits to gay married couples is unconstitutional.

The 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston said the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman, discriminates against gay couples.

The law was passed in 1996 at a time when it appeared Hawaii would legalize gay marriage. Since then, many states have instituted their own bans on gay marriage, while eight states have approved it, led by Massachusetts in 2004

:clap:

Boston court: Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional - BostonHerald.com

i guess the judges forgot to read the bible.

:rofl:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nowhere in the fourteenth amendment does the "equal protection" clause provide for homosexual marriage........................

Though perhaps if it is wished for enough, maybe it should....................lol

When a married couple files a married tax return, they do so because there is a law which allows them to do so. They could not possibly file a married tax return if there was no law which created the married tax return.

When two gay people get married, they are not allowed to file a married tax return. For some reason, it scares the living bejeesus out of some people if they were to file a married tax return.

This means they do not have "equal protection of the laws".

Let's go to Section 1 of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution. I know some of you are probably surprised there are more than 10 Amendments, but it is true! There are!

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So once a law is created, everyone is protected by it. You cannot keep someone away from that protection without a good reason. You must have a rational reason for denying that protection to them.

"I hate fags" is not a rational reason to prevent two men from entering into a matrimonial contract and filing a joint tax return. "Because incest!" is not a rational reason to prevent two men from entering into a matrimonial contract and filing a joint tax return.

All of the above was established in precedent by Loving v. Virginia. Read it. Learn it. Because when gay marriage finally comes before the Supreme Court, it will be cited as the precedent for legalizing gay marriage all the way up to the federal level. This will result in the interesting paradox of some ignorant blacks screaming about using the struggle for black equality to achieve gay equality. The idea that gays should be treated like everyone else just does not compute with some blacks who believe blacks should be treated like everyone else.

Go figure.

I would hope the people on the opposing legal team would bring up the incest and bestiality red herring when that day comes in court, just for the incredibly hilarious yucks it would bring watching them get bitch-slapped by all nine justices, but they could not be lawyers who made it all the way to arguing before the Supreme Court if they were that profoundly stupid.

Last edited:

According to ancient royal families and some (not saying yours) moms and dads...:eusa_whistle:

but some famlies don't have any brancheds in their tree, (not saying it's your's ) :eusa_whistle:

Bodeacea, since you made point to contrast your service with saying you "SERVED" (all caps), I thought I'd add to the debate a list of non-military men and women in uniform who, I suppose you'd say, didnt truly "SERVE" the citizens of this country: Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP)

You did and gave FAR more than those folks when you "SERVED". Thank you!

You "didn't truely 'SERVE'"? Your words, not mine.

You've disrespected and mocked the service of police officers on this board several times in the past. I dont expect much different from you now. I've added more than my two cents on this.

I have? Well then, you can link examples of me doing such a thing, can't you? I look forward to your evidence to match your words.

Oh, and don't plan on me forgetting this if you try to slink away.

Homosexuality and acceptance of same sex relationships are not values passed along from civilization and societal structure to succeeding civilizations and societal structure. Historically the normalization of homosexuality is part of whatever degeneracy exists to cause collapse.

What looks likely is that western civilization itself will be submerged under the rise of iislam with gays and lesbians rounded up and executed en masse.

Gays have existed since the beginning of time as a naturally occuring benign anomaly. Only when homosexuality is accepted and treated as normal does it become toxic and has already contributed to the poisoning and death of many civilizations prior to ours. Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, every one of them became increasingly accepting of degeneracy as a whole, homosexuality included, and each of them was overcome by a more robust people. We are not special, we are not different and we will end the same way.

Nice words....for bullshit.

Are they still whining about wanting to marry their former cell mates? The Founding Fathers would be rolling over in their graves if they saw how perverted the Constitution has become thanks to decades of sissy liberals.

Please cite the part of the Constitution that allows the federal government to decide who can and can't get married.

You have no point.
Abnormal is not normal.

To me and the great majority of people I know, gay marriage is completely normal. I treat gay couples no differently that I would straight couples.

If that';s how you and the people you know feel that would make you and them abnormal and is not a good argument.

Well, I’ll tell you what – pal – in fifty years when the young generation of America has taken over, and the old have passed on, gay marriage acceptance WILL BE the norm.

People with your view will technically be considered “abnormal”.

I assure you this WILL be the case…

Forum List

Back