Dominion v. Fox News: Parties supposedly now reach settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ridiculous claim

Any voting software must be certified based on extensive independent verification and validation

It means the SW performs as designed and is not susceptible to hacking.

Dominion went through it but morons such as yourself still claim it fixes elections
Lol, no, they wouldn't cheat and lie.

OK ….try to sue for libel on that

Stories that say……I believe Fox is racist and here are some quotes that support my claim

Problem with Fox is they provided no proof that Dominion switched votes even though they kept claiming it
You didn’t ask for that. You asked for who was accusing Fox of racism.

Plenty of people — including the moron who presently “speaks” for the Administration.

You didn’t ask for that. You asked for who was accusing Fox of racism.

Plenty of people — including the moron who presently “speaks” for the Administration.

I did for that very reason

Do show that the claims……”Others do it to Fox“
Is not the same as what Fox said about Dominion

Saying Tucker Carlson said this and that shows racism is not the same as saying

Dominion is affiliated with Venezuela
Dominion Software was designed for Hugo Chavez
Dominion is intentionally switching votes

The Government did nothing to Fox

Fox did it on their own
The government is behind it. They are still covering up and punishing anyone who says fraud and will continue until it is proven. When and if that happens because it happened.

I did for that very reason

Do show that the claims……”Others do it to Fox“
Is not the same as what Fox said about Dominion

Saying Tucker Carlson said this and that shows racism is not the same as saying

Dominion is affiliated with Venezuela
Dominion Software was designed for Hugo Chavez
Dominion is intentionally switching votes
I still don’t know that dominion isn’t guilty of gaming their machinery. Or maybe their machinery is simply open to such nefarious activity.

Also, and just as importantly, I don’t know that it is.

But if some public figures accuse it of being of fraudulent, a news outlet should be free to report that allegation.

If the question is whether Fox News became careless and stated the accusation as an established “fact” prematurely, I’d say that seems to be the better question.

I also don’t know if Dominion truly suffered actual damages. I know they’ve alleged as much. But it would have been subject to proof.

It would also have been interesting to have computer experts analyze the programming for the Dominion machines.

I still don’t know that dominion isn’t guilty of gaming their machinery. Or maybe their machinery is simply open to such nefarious activity.

But if some public figures accuse it of being of fraudulent, a news outlet should be free to report that allegation.

If the question is whether Fox News became careless and stated the accusation as an established “fact” prematurely, I’d say that seems to be the better question.

I also don’t know if Dominion truly suffered actual damages. I know they’ve alleged as much. But it would have been subject to proof.

It would also have been interesting to have computer experts analyze the programming for the Dominion machines.
Fox settled....before trial.

For the "expected value".

Give us some quotes

Dominion provided quotes

We’ll, this one accuses them of racism toward Omar.

This one accusing Jesse waters of racism

Here’s one from huffpo accusing tucker of racism

I mean, none of these actually show proof of racism…just they think it’s racism.

As far as the Sirius Xm, I can’t provide you with audio because I don’t have the time to get into the archives, if that’s even possible, however, you can just find out for yourself, Michaelangelo signorile should be on Sirius Xm progress until 6pm eastern, the dean onbiedallah comes on at 6, just tune in to their shows and you’ll get all the proof you need.

Yes. But all I said was that settlements are fairly common. They are.
What you said was that the settlement doesn’t always mean what the liberals assume it means in this case.

You were obviously wrong, as you've been with startling consistency throughout the entire case. Guessing or coin flips would have resulted in better predictive power than your assessments.

It means EXACTLY what people think it means. Its an admission of lying from Fox in a case they were likely to lose. The absolutely unprecedented public defamation settlement reflects Fox's liability after lying about Dominion. And it was a spectacular and humiliating loss for Fox.

I acknowledge your post. Here’s a cool fact: Acknowledging that you posted “x” doesn’t mean I agree with ”x.”

At the very least, I happen to believe that Fox News was sloppy in its reporting (although much of what they said was merely opinion and not “news reporting”).

If you say they need to tighten their shit up, I agree. But then again, I maintain the same about the lack of proper journalistic “standards” for the main stream liberal “news” media.

I say that Fox needs to prepare to keep paying for its lies. To the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

And with the 2.7 billion dollar suit still open from Smartmatic, and Fox already having settled defamation claims around its election lies, Fox is in a very precarious position.

Smartmatic has an arguably stronger case, as its not physically possible for them to have thrown the 2020 election. And with all the sweet discovery that Smartmatic has now due to Dominion's suit and Fox's admission of lying about the election for profit.....Fox should prepare to keep on paying.

What a ridiculous claim

Any voting software must be certified based on extensive independent verification and validation

It means the SW performs as designed and is not susceptible to hacking.

Dominion went through it but morons such as yourself still claim it fixes elections

I’ve never claimed anything about dominion, what I’m saying is, this could potentially open up an avenue for the future since nobody will ever question it.

Also, you claim that they are all supposed to be secure and that anyone who questions that must be an idiot….well, wasn’t it back in 2016 or so that all these dems, including Hillary and Kamala were saying that voting systems are susceptible to hacking and weren’t to be trusted?

Seems it’s not just the repubs that think voting systems have issues.

Now….If Fox had limited their commentary to…..We believe this may be possible or Dominion SW could be susceptible…they would be OK

But they made specific claims that Dominion was switching votes, that it had been used by Hugo Chavez to switch votes

Dominion repeatedly provided Fox with proof that they were not affiliated with Venezuela and that their SW had n
been independently validated

Fox continued to air the lies

That showed malice

And lets not forget that once again, a court has laughed the Big Lie out its doors with its summary judgment in favor of Dominion on the falsity of Fox's election lies.

The Big Lie's record in court is one of pristine and perfect failure.

What you said was that the settlement doesn’t always mean what the liberals assume it means in this case.
Liberals tend to assume it means something in this case. But the word settlement doesn’t necessarily mean that here.
You were obviously wrong,

No. Im obviously and completely correct.
as you've been with startling consistency throughout the entire case.
Again, false. All I’ve said about this case still stands. We won’t know if I was primarily right or not since it didn’t go to trial.
Guessing or coin flips would have resulted in better predictive power than your assessments.
False. Again, your dishonest spin means nothing.
It means EXACTLY what people think it means.
No. It sure doesn’t.
It’s an admission of lying from Fox in a case they were likely to lose.
No. It’s not. I suspect that they also thought that their odds of winning had become too poor. Whether they lied or not (and I haven’t seen anything that makes their reporting an”lie”) does not stand admitted. You, as usual, are misreporting.
The absolutely unprecedented public defamation settlement reflects Fox's liability after lying about Dominion.
It was a very large settlement. That much at least is true.
And it was a spectacular and humiliating loss for Fox.
I’m pretty sure they are embarrassed. But they also got something out of it. You are free to pretend otherwise. I actually don’t care how warm and fuzzy the settlement makes you feel. I’m not an investor in the Fox company, so frankly, I don’t much care.

I’m happy that you’re happy. 👍

Liberals tend to assume it means something in this case.

And they're right, of course. This settlement is unprecedented for its size in for a public defamation, as it reflects Fox's liability from all of its lies.

Lies that the court found in its summary judgment in favor of Dominion on the issue of falsity of Fox claims.

Lies that Fox admitted to in its statement after the settlement.

That's 787,500,000 reasons why you simply didn't know what you were talking about.

Now….If Fox had limited their commentary to…..We believe this may be possible or Dominion SW could be susceptible…they would be OK

But they made specific claims that Dominion was switching votes, that it had been used by Hugo Chavez to switch votes

Dominion repeatedly provided Fox with proof that they were not affiliated with Venezuela and that their SW had n
been independently validated

Fox continued to air the lies

That showed malice
No. Their reporting did not show actual malice. You’re wrong.

Their reporting, however, was certainly lower than proper journalism standards should require.

Also, Dominion could provide any evidence to Fox News it wished about allegedly independent validation. That doesn’t make it verified. If Dominion had actually chosen to prove it to Fox News, they could have shared their programming and the associated algorithms. Then, Fox News could have had their own experts test it.

Zzz. Yes. We know they settled. In fact, I even posted that fact.
You had the stakes COMPLETELY wrong.

It was not about Dominion having to justify value impairment....it was about FOX having been so utterly reckless, and so inept in its own defense, that their loss was inevitable.

I say that Fox needs to prepare to keep paying for its lies. To the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

And with the 2.7 billion dollar suit still open from Smartmatic, and Fox already having settled defamation claims around its election lies, Fox is in a very precarious position.

Smartmatic has an arguably stronger case, as its not physically possible for them to have thrown the 2020 election. And with all the sweet discovery that Smartmatic has now due to Dominion's suit and Fox's admission of lying about the election for profit.....Fox should prepare to keep on paying.
Zzz. Ok. That is what you say.

I’m again very happy that it makes you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back