Donald J. Trump will not be removed by the Senate

The MSM is soooooo invested in impeachment its ridiculous. Mitch will ignore any articles of impeachment.
So the clown car with the dems and the MSM know where they stand.
They'll get another chance at salvation in the 2020 election <g>, and lose again <g>.

As I understand it, the Constitution does not require that the US Senate has to convene a trial to consider impeachment articles brought by the House of Reps. BUT, the current Senate procedural rules does require it, or at least a vote to convene the trial in the 1st place. Don't know if that vote require a simple majority or a 60 vote threshhold, but there could be some monkeying around with the Senate rules IF the House does vote to impeach the president. Does the House vote require only a simple majority? Don't know, maybe their rules will get scrubbed too.

Now - impeaching a US President is a very serious business, with consequences if it isn't appropriate. I have no doubt that every president since Washington has used the power of his office to induce others, foreign or domestic, to do something he wants done for either personal or political gain. In this case, it's a political thing because Joe Biden is one of several democratic candidates running to oppose Trump in the next election. The evidence for wrong-doing on Trump's part is implied but not proven; maybe he tried to coerce the Ukrainians, but there's no real smoking gun IMHO. And so, we're left with 2 questions:

1. Is this something we should impeach a US President for? Based on an unproven 'maybe'? I don't think so, I need something a little more airtight then this. Not saying he didn't intend to get his way, but I think it's too flimsy to impeach a president on.

2. Did he break the law, and can it be proven? Doesn't seem like at the moment. Yes, I know it's not a legal process, but a political one. But impeaching a president is a big deal, are we going to go down this road whenever the opposition party controls the House? Anybody want to tell me Trump is the 1st president to do something like this, but he should be impeached cuz we hate him? It feels like 'Let's hang the bastard and then go find a good reason'. If we went out and hung every unethical bastard in Washington, the place would be a ghost town.

Bottom line: unless further evidence is revealed, the US Senate is not going to vote to remove Trump from office. The House can Censure the president, but if they go through with the impeachment vote, it's the wrong thing to do. And they'll pay for it in the next election.

As Trump voters and spin doctors gear up to spin the individual behind the complaint is a spy and traitor let me clear this up quickly and even if Trump is impeached by the House the Senate will not convict and remove.

Let calm the conversation down and also to those calling the individual a spy and traitor it is not against the law to file a complaint through the proper channels.

Now had the individual done what Snowden did then maybe you could make a case the individual is a spy and a traitor but they did not.

The individual need to go public and face the nation and realize their career in the government is over and they might have to move from the United States or at least live in more Progressive parts of the Country like California, New York or Oregon.

The individual need to face those they are accusing and if their information is based on being a political plant then they need to face the reality they are ruined more than being someone telling the truth.

Before those of you that support Trump call me a commie pig let be clear I hate Trump but I am fair with my looking at both sides and have stated many times if there is something Impeach and Convict but if there is nothing this will kill the Democrats in 2020.

Let the House do their investigation and let Pelosi play her hand and in the end Trump will stay as President but let me be clear this will not hurt Trump as much as the left believe it but it could hurt Warren chance in 2020 if she had any chance...

That is all I have to say now...

This is all about Hillary Clinton. They are trying to soften Trump up as much as possible ahead of her 3rd run. Warren, Sanders or Biden will never be at the top of the ticket. Hillary Clinton will be the 2020 Democratic Nominee.

It won't cost Pelosi shit. Most Yanks hate Trump. You could run Coco the Clown next year and he'd whip the Orange Buffoon's arse.

Sure and you thought the same about Hillary and see where she is at.

You have no clue and the fact is Trump base is rock solid and not wavering and you do not even know how swing voters will react...

I know the Deplorables are rock solid. This time around the Sanders voters won't have a hissy fit and stay away. And the Dem candidate will visit the swing states...

It won't cost Pelosi shit. Most Yanks hate Trump. You could run Coco the Clown next year and he'd whip the Orange Buffoon's arse.

She'll lose several to a dozen seats at the very least. 13 dems are now backing away from impeachment due to trump winning that district. Scurry along now and get back in the water with the caimans.

Very doubtful...Problem is, the scumbag in the WH is so unlikable to the normal voters.

She'll lose several to a dozen seats at the very least. 13 dems are now backing away from impeachment due to trump winning that district. Scurry along now and get back in the water with the caimans.

Very doubtful...Problem is, the scumbag in the WH is so unlikable to the normal voters.

Like in 2016?

EBF80BF9-6774-4181-B175-7680C73CCB40.jpeg
We don’t like you

As Trump voters and spin doctors gear up to spin the individual behind the complaint is a spy and traitor let me clear this up quickly ...
Dirty Bob and his Witch Hunters say you are all wet.

McConnell says he’d have ‘no choice’ but to take up impeachment articles if House approves them. “How long you’re on it is a whole different matter, but I would have no choice but to take it up based on the Senate rule on impeachment.”

McConnell will treat anything coming out of the House with the same seriousness as the House is treating it.

Impeachment without High Crimes isn't to be taken seriously. It's just yet another Democrat tantrum over losing the 2016 election.

As Trump voters and spin doctors gear up to spin the individual behind the complaint is a spy and traitor let me clear this up quickly ...

McConnell says he’d have ‘no choice’ but to take up impeachment articles if House approves them. “How long you’re on it is a whole different matter, but I would have no choice but to take it up based on the Senate rule on impeachment.”

McConnell will treat anything coming out of the House with the same seriousness as the House is treating it.

Impeachment without High Crimes isn't to be taken seriously. It's just yet another Democrat tantrum over losing the 2016 election.

Again, cutting what I wrote while not posting the entire post tell me you are attempting to spin what I said.

House will impeach if enough evidence warrants it and Pelosi believe Swing and Independent voters will not punish Democrats in Purple States...

Senate will not convict...

Again, cutting what I wrote while not posting the entire post tell me you are attempting to spin what I said.

House will impeach if enough evidence warrants it...
Yeah right.
... and Pelosi believe Swing and Independent voters will not punish Democrats in Purple States...
You put the nation through impeachment without irrefutable evidence of high crimes and voters will most certainly give you feedback that will be invaluable to you.
... Senate will not convict...
Not without solid irrefutable courtroom quality evidence of high crimes they won't.

Yeah right.
... and Pelosi believe Swing and Independent voters will not punish Democrats in Purple States...
You put the nation through impeachment without irrefutable evidence of high crimes and voters will most certainly give you feedback that will be invaluable to you.
Not without solid irrefutable courtroom quality evidence of high crimes they won't.

I have been saying the Senate will not convict since day one, so I am wondering what is the argument about?

Pelosi is going to take the temp of the Swing and Independent voter during this break and if she see in Purple sectors that Trump won showing they are against Impeachment then she has to ask will she commit political suicide?

My bet is no...

But then Cortez could lead a revolt...

Also many should listen to CSpan to know what the other side is thinking...

Yeah right.

I have been saying the Senate will not convict since day one...
Not without evidence of High Crimes, of course not.
... Pelosi is going to take the temp of the Swing and Independent voter during this break and if she see in Purple sectors that Trump won showing they are against Impeachment then she has to ask will she commit political suicide?...
Without evidence, they will not be for impeachment.
... But then Cortez could lead a revolt...
Cortez may not be re-elected. Pelosi will.
... Also many should listen to CSpan to know what the other side is thinking...
Who gives a damn?

Yeah right.

... Pelosi is going to take the temp of the Swing and Independent voter during this break and if she see in Purple sectors that Trump won showing they are against Impeachment then she has to ask will she commit political suicide?...
Who gives a damn?

You should care what the other side is saying and why?

It is CSpan that I heard from a left commentator saying Pelosi is asking her freshmen Congress People to poll independents in their districts, so she is understanding what can happen.

Cortez will be reelected because it is New York...

Yeah right.

Who gives a damn?

You should care what the other side is saying and why?

It is CSpan that I heard from a left commentator saying Pelosi is asking her freshmen Congress People to poll independents in their districts, so she is understanding what can happen.

Cortez will be reelected because it is New York...
No one cares about Left Wing Spin. Voters care about EVIDENCE of High Crimes. You either have it, or you don't.

Without it, given the tremendous job Trump is doing, this impeachment farce is just the Democrats in a full sprint at a concrete wall.

Trump’s Middle-Class Economic Progress: A new study indicates median incomes are rising far faster than they did under Bush or Obama.

President Trump’s critics can’t deny that the economy is doing well, so instead they insist all the benefits have gone to the rich and large corporations. “America’s middle class is under attack,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren asserted in her presidential campaign announcement last December.​

The latest data from the Census Bureau monthly surveys tell a different story. Real median household income—the amount earned by those in the very middle—hit $65,084 (in 2019 dollars) for the 12 months ending in July. That’s the highest level ever and a gain of $4,144, or 6.8%, since Mr. Trump took office. By comparison, during 7½ years under President Obama—starting from the end of the recession in June 2009 through January 2017—the median household income rose by only about $1,000. . . .​

Sentier’s income data dates to 2000 and tells the story of the past two decades. The recession of 2008-09 crushed middle-class incomes so dramatically that the median income when Mr. Obama left office was no higher than it was when George W. Bush arrived. That was the middle-class and blue-collar squeeze Donald Trump tapped into.​

Mr. Obama inherited a financial mess, but the median income continued its decline during almost all of his first term and rose only slowly in his second term—the weakest recovery from a recession since the 1930s. “We never saw a recovery where incomes took such a long time to recover the lost ground,” says Sentier founder Gordon Green.​

Until Trump it was a war on the middle class, and we won't give him up without evidence of High Crimes. Yet another Democrat tantrum is just another Democrat tantrum, it's been one long Democrat tantrum since election night 2016.

Unfortunately, none of your current candidates have popularity of a clown.

They all suck.

Trump is headed to term #2.

As Trump voters and spin doctors gear up to spin the individual behind the complaint is a spy and traitor let me clear this up quickly and even if Trump is impeached by the House the Senate will not convict and remove.

Let calm the conversation down and also to those calling the individual a spy and traitor it is not against the law to file a complaint through the proper channels.

Now had the individual done what Snowden did then maybe you could make a case the individual is a spy and a traitor but they did not.

The individual need to go public and face the nation and realize their career in the government is over and they might have to move from the United States or at least live in more Progressive parts of the Country like California, New York or Oregon.

The individual need to face those they are accusing and if their information is based on being a political plant then they need to face the reality they are ruined more than being someone telling the truth.

Before those of you that support Trump call me a commie pig let be clear I hate Trump but I am fair with my looking at both sides and have stated many times if there is something Impeach and Convict but if there is nothing this will kill the Democrats in 2020.

Let the House do their investigation and let Pelosi play her hand and in the end Trump will stay as President but let me be clear this will not hurt Trump as much as the left believe it but it could hurt Warren chance in 2020 if she had any chance...

With the lowest average approval rating of any President in history after nearly 3 years in office, Trump has little chance of winning against any of the Democratic nominees. Again, he has been defeated by BIDEN in 45 of 46 different polls taken of a BIDEN vs Trump race in 2020.

Trump will likely be impeached because the evidence in this case is so obvious. A clear lack of concern for key U.S. national security issues in Ukraine and a willingness to hold up Anti-Tank Missiles meant for the Ukrainian military in order to try and dig up a dirt on a political opponent. Clear evidence that Trump is willing to sell United States national security in order to remain as President for another four years. That is indeed treason.

So the only question is how many Republicans in the Senate want to go down with Trump's sinking ship? How many Republicans in the Senate want to defend Trump's actions selling U.S. national security interest for his own personal gain? While its an uphill battle to get 20 Republican Senators to convict Trump, its far from impossible. Many Republicans are going to start to recognize that their chances politically in 2020 will be improved if Trump is not around.

The public will determine what the Senate does. “Doing the right thing” takes a backseat to political suicide...

With the lowest average approval rating of any President in history after nearly 3 years in office, Trump has little chance of winning against any of the Democratic nominees. Again, he has been defeated by BIDEN in 45 of 46 different polls taken of a BIDEN vs Trump race in 2020.

Trump will likely be impeached because the evidence in this case is so obvious. A clear lack of concern for key U.S. national security issues in Ukraine and a willingness to hold up Anti-Tank Missiles meant for the Ukrainian military in order to try and dig up a dirt on a political opponent. Clear evidence that Trump is willing to sell United States national security in order to remain as President for another four years. That is indeed treason.

So the only question is how many Republicans in the Senate want to go down with Trump's sinking ship? How many Republicans in the Senate want to defend Trump's actions selling U.S. national security interest for his own personal gain? While its an uphill battle to get 20 Republican Senators to convict Trump, its far from impossible. Many Republicans are going to start to recognize that their chances politically in 2020 will be improved if Trump is not around.

If any of the Democrats are elected, I will lose faith in this country entirely. Trump's record is a good one, despite how the mainstream media likes to spin it. If the majority of those who vote can't see through the spin, then they aren't nearly as smart as I have given them credit for..

Biden is crooked. Any of us can see that. His son didn't just happen to land the 50k/mth job the Ukraine at the same time his dad was negotiating with them. He also got an absurd amount of money from China. Hunter wasn't qualified for either of these positions, yet just happened to land them. Has he had any such lucrative deals since Biden left office? Biden aside, the rest of the candidates are Socialists. Crazy to think our country has been dumbed down enough to believe that is a good idea. I read some of the post on this board and it send shivers down my spine. Just how gulluble can people be? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.. Ignorance and promises of grandeur woo the masses into voting their freedoms away. Envy is at the root of it all, but most Democrats are emotionally like 16 year olds and know "everything". Us Conservatives are the old fart paren'ts who don't know anyhing because we were never 16 before. You can't tell them anything and unfortuntely we can't take the car keys away.

Trump did not threaten to withold anything from Ukraine and most certainly didn't threaten to do so if Biden wasn't investigated. The "do me a favor" line was taken WAY out of context. That was clearly in reference to investigating the origins of the Russian hoax, which he has every right to push.

The Senate will not convict Trump. Politics aside, there is not even close to enough evidence to do so. The only reason the House may impeach him is purely political in nature. Just imagine if this becomes the norm. If the party that controls the house dislikes the President, they can impeach him/her for anything. It doesn't have to reach any standard, just impeach. God forbid if the opposing party controls the Senate as well. The Democrats have allowed the far-left to take total control of their party. I disagreed with their basic platform before, but now, the left has totally lost their minds.

Forum List

Back