Donald Trump is Going to Get a Journalist Killed

Donald Trump isn't the problem. Journalists have been putting them selves in harm way since Buddha got a haircut. I think of say , Steven Sotlof. If the press meddle in things they don't understand, they might get more than a hair cut. and besides, they are subject to the hindsight bugaboo, they know stuff after it happens. I want the press, the media, too JUST report the "FACTS", not to be social activists telling me what to think, out side of their particular preview. Yes indeed-ee.

When reporters are in such a hurry that they do not check sources, check spelling, check grammar then they need to slow down and look at their work. When they spin headlines for the biggest impact with little to no regard for the truth, they may want to look at their work. When they run a story on the front page or at the top of every half hour then bury the retraction on a short, quick second in the middle of the night or on the page under help wanted, they might want to look at their work. When you refuse to cover news that might reflect well on the president or put it with something that may detract from that news, they might want to look at their work. When they spend hours and acres of column comparing the president to Hitler, Stalin and others they may want to look at their work. When they applaud someone being fired for a tweet yet hire or defend someone for the same type of tweet they may want to look at their work.

The left always points out that this or that person on the right did something wrong yet defends or laughs off when someone points out the left.

I totally agree with your first paragraph.

But how come you never notice when someone on the right does this - you only point out the left? How did Fox cover Obama for example? How did they treat Clinton?
Be VERY SPECIFIC and link to a story by Fox that called Obama or Hillary Hitler Stalin or pol pot? Link to a story by fox that called for mobs to follow and attack members of Obama's government?

Playing the Nazi Card

Fox News Radio’s Tom Sullivan played a side-by-side comparison of a Hitler speech and an Obama speech (2/11/08), and Clear Channel’s Bill Cunningham, who has made similar comparisons (10/28/08), declared on his Cincinnati-based radio show (10/30/08) that “Jews [were] for McCain because Obama wants to gas the Jews, like the PLO wants to gas the Jews, like the Nazis gassed the Jews.” (The website of the group Media Matters, which extensively monitors right-wing electronic media, documents many of these examples.) Ann Coulter, as a guest on Hannity and Colmes (4/3/08), called Obama’s autobiography a “dime store Mein Kampf.” When Alan Colmes asked her if Obama was a “two-bit Hitler,” Coulter agreed. Colmes then asked: “We should be as wary of Obama as they should have been of Hitler in Nazi Germany?” Coulter admonished, “If only people had read Mein Kampf.”

The host of ABC Network’s Mark Levin Show (12/16/09) called the healthcare plan “Hitleresque.” Nothing new for Levin, who has been comparing Obama to Hitler since the campaign (10/29/08): “[Obama’s] really into these big German-like events that he creates in this country.”

And thus proves that the far left does not understand people that are commentary and others that call themselves journalists!

Five funnies in the opening post, one from a mod. Now that's funny.

What's funny is how blindly partisan you are. The media has been pushing propaganda and their own personal biased attacks on the public for decades now and I've never seen it so blatant than they have the past two years. Now they have someone throwing it back at them and you're all throwing a tantrum.

Trump didn't make the media the enemy. They made themselves the enemy and he's simply a powerful figurehead who is not afraid to point it out. I'm hardly going to shed any tears for the backlash facing "journalists" these days.

The media has exposed things about the government that the people would have never found out if we had to reply on the government to police themselves. The most obvious example is the Nunes committee who shut down their investigation without interviewing key people and didn't compel Steve Bannon to answer their questions.

You're a mod and you are trolling with a funny rep in zone 2. That's sad.

Soooo, you think that that is bad, but ignore the even worse whitewashing they gave the shrilary. Hypocrite much?

No? I've said a million times on this forum I don't support Hillary and never have. Strawman much?

What's funny is how blindly partisan you are. The media has been pushing propaganda and their own personal biased attacks on the public for decades now and I've never seen it so blatant than they have the past two years. Now they have someone throwing it back at them and you're all throwing a tantrum.

Trump didn't make the media the enemy. They made themselves the enemy and he's simply a powerful figurehead who is not afraid to point it out. I'm hardly going to shed any tears for the backlash facing "journalists" these days.

The media has exposed things about the government that the people would have never found out if we had to reply on the government to police themselves. The most obvious example is the Nunes committee who shut down their investigation without interviewing key people and didn't compel Steve Bannon to answer their questions.

Soooo, you think that that is bad, but ignore the even worse whitewashing they gave the shrilary. Hypocrite much?
Bingo!

The left has no boundaries and seem to ignore what is obvious to real America.

No? I've said a million times on this forum I don't support Hillary and never have. Strawman much?

Yes many on the far left claim this, yet still defend and support her and the far left!

But, did you slam her and her shenanigans on the open board? No need to answer, it was a rhetorical question

Again, no it isn't the same because NO ONE on the left is telling people to go out and attack them. How do you not understand the difference?
When Maxine Waters tells people to Harass what EXACTLY do you think she means?

Did I agree with it? No, but they are employees of the people, and the people deserve to have their views heard. Did she tell anyone they were enemies of the state and caused wars?
She told people to harass them EVERYWHERE. What exactly do you think she meant?

Do you know what the definition of harass is? I'll give you a hint, it doesn't mean kill.
Be VERY specific and quote where Trump told people to kill journalists?

He called them an enemy of the people. Read his tweet again:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 16h16 hours ago
The Fake News hates me saying that they are the Enemy of the People only because they know it’s TRUE. I am providing a great service by explaining this to the American People. They purposely cause great division & distrust. They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!

THEY are the ones that purposefully cause division and distrust? They cause war?

Trump lies constantly. Do you expect the press not to point it out when he does? He just admitted he lied about the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting, but you guys don't care. He wrote the letter saying it was all about adoption, then he says to the world in a tweet:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 15h15 hours ago
Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!

You don't care if he lies.

But, did you slam her and her shenanigans on the open board? No need to answer, it was a rhetorical question

Yes, actually I did. Feel free to go back through my posting history and look. Wanna make a bet about it?

When reporters are in such a hurry that they do not check sources, check spelling, check grammar then they need to slow down and look at their work. When they spin headlines for the biggest impact with little to no regard for the truth, they may want to look at their work. When they run a story on the front page or at the top of every half hour then bury the retraction on a short, quick second in the middle of the night or on the page under help wanted, they might want to look at their work. When you refuse to cover news that might reflect well on the president or put it with something that may detract from that news, they might want to look at their work. When they spend hours and acres of column comparing the president to Hitler, Stalin and others they may want to look at their work. When they applaud someone being fired for a tweet yet hire or defend someone for the same type of tweet they may want to look at their work.

The left always points out that this or that person on the right did something wrong yet defends or laughs off when someone points out the left.

But how come you never notice when someone on the right does this - you only point out the left? How did Fox cover Obama for example? How did they treat Clinton?
Be VERY SPECIFIC and link to a story by Fox that called Obama or Hillary Hitler Stalin or pol pot? Link to a story by fox that called for mobs to follow and attack members of Obama's government?

Playing the Nazi Card

Fox News Radio’s Tom Sullivan played a side-by-side comparison of a Hitler speech and an Obama speech (2/11/08), and Clear Channel’s Bill Cunningham, who has made similar comparisons (10/28/08), declared on his Cincinnati-based radio show (10/30/08) that “Jews [were] for McCain because Obama wants to gas the Jews, like the PLO wants to gas the Jews, like the Nazis gassed the Jews.” (The website of the group Media Matters, which extensively monitors right-wing electronic media, documents many of these examples.) Ann Coulter, as a guest on Hannity and Colmes (4/3/08), called Obama’s autobiography a “dime store Mein Kampf.” When Alan Colmes asked her if Obama was a “two-bit Hitler,” Coulter agreed. Colmes then asked: “We should be as wary of Obama as they should have been of Hitler in Nazi Germany?” Coulter admonished, “If only people had read Mein Kampf.”

The host of ABC Network’s Mark Levin Show (12/16/09) called the healthcare plan “Hitleresque.” Nothing new for Levin, who has been comparing Obama to Hitler since the campaign (10/29/08): “[Obama’s] really into these big German-like events that he creates in this country.”

You do realize that Tom Sullivan is about as middle of the road as you can get. If you have never listened to his show I suggest you do. As far as the obummer hitler comparison, they were eerily alike. That is a fact. I don't remember why he did the comparison, but I remember the show.

Did I agree with it? No, but they are employees of the people, and the people deserve to have their views heard. Did she tell anyone they were enemies of the state and caused wars?

Do you know what the definition of harass is? I'll give you a hint, it doesn't mean kill.

The Fake News hates me saying that they are the Enemy of the People only because they know it’s TRUE. I am providing a great service by explaining this to the American People. They purposely cause great division & distrust. They can also cause War! They are very dangerous & sick!

THEY are the ones that purposefully cause division and distrust? They cause war?

Trump lies constantly. Do you expect the press not to point it out when he does? He just admitted he lied about the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting, but you guys don't care. He wrote the letter saying it was all about adoption, then he says to the world in a tweet:

Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!

That's because they ARE an enemy of the people. When you make accusations, that are false, as the MSM has repeatedly done, and violence ensues because of that false reporting...what else can you call them?

Did you hammer on Obama when he called republicans the enemy? No need to answer, it was a rhetorical question.

The DNC and Hillary paid people to do the same dang thing.................You are only concerned if it's the other side looking...........

Poor thing..........awe...............Tell me about your Hypocrisy...............

That's because they ARE an enemy of the people. When you make accusations, that are false, as the MSM has repeatedly done, and violence ensues because of that false reporting...what else can you call them?

What accusations are false? There is a difference between intentionally making false accusations, and getting a report wrong or getting bad information from a source. Major news outlets don't normally run stories unless they verify it with 3 or more sources. When I started college at The Ohio State University my major was in journalism.

Playing the Nazi Card

You do realize that Tom Sullivan is about as middle of the road as you can get. If you have never listened to his show I suggest you do. As far as the obummer hitler comparison, they were eerily alike. That is a fact. I don't remember why he did the comparison, but I remember the show.
In a liberal world view I suppose they'd not say anything when some asshats are calling you a Nazi and Hitler..........and Stalin........LOL

Perhaps they think Trump should be singing them praises for calling him all those names.........

They don't live in the world of Reality............someone calls me a Nazi.......they are gonna get a earfull.

I'm amazed at the number of Strawman arguments on here. People are putting words in my mouth that I've never said.

Yet when I ask for proof no one will back it up.

Yes, actually I did. Feel free to go back through my posting history and look. Wanna make a bet about it?
I tried to look at your history, seems one can't go back that far.....lucky you. Sorry if I don't believe it, though.

Veteran Democratic operative Donna Brazile finally admitted that she used her former position as a CNN commentator to relay questions ahead of debates to Hillary Clinton during the Democratic primary.

For months, Brazile has avoided confirming that hacked emails from the campaign showed her forwarding the questions, which were asked at separate debates. But in a new essay for Time magazine looking back on the hackings, she said it was true.

Donna Brazile finally admits she shared debate questions with Clinton campaign

I'm amazed at the number of Strawman arguments on here. People are putting words in my mouth that I've never said.

Yet when I ask for proof no one will back it up.
I've asked for proof on the stack of dead reporters Trump has caused.................show me the dead people............

Bunch of HYPE and propoganda......in other words.............BS.

With the things he is saying to a base that is full of several conspiracy nutjobs, Trump is going to get a journalist killed, and then what? He is going to be sued for everything he owns, and he should be found guilty for it. MSNBC reporter Katy Tur reported this week how someone wrote her saying she should be raped and killed, followed by MAGA. We've already seen what Trump's supporters are capable of when one who believed Alex Jones Pizzagate shot up Comet Ping-Pong Pizza. It is the JOB of the news to hold the government and its official responsible for what they say and do. When Trump blatantly lies every couple of minutes, it is the media's job to point it out. The founders of the U.S. put the freedom of the press into the very first Amendment of the Constitution for a reason, it is fundamentally imperative to having a true democracy.

James Madison very clearly stated this when he wrote:

"A popular Government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy, or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

A couple from Thomas Jefferson who wrote the Constitution:

"I am ... for freedom of the press, and against all violations of the Constitution to silence by force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents."

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. The functionaries of every government have propensities to command at will the liberty and property of their constituents. There is no safe deposit for these but with the people themselves; nor can they be safe with them without information. Where the press is free, and every man able to read, all is safe."

So self-proclaimed Constitutional Conservatives, why are you not defending the Constitution and the forethought of those who took part in creating it? Why are you still backing Trump who obviously isn't respecting the glue that put this country together? And before you say the press is lying and not reporting the truth, please educate yourself, as the Founders knew there would always be press that would explore the fringe of truth. They said that ALL press must still be protected by the Constitution, because once you start taking away the freedom of the press from some you feel is being untruthful, it becomes subjective and the freedom of press as a whole will suddenly be at risk.
If Trump keeps it up, you're probably correct. His people are armed to teeth and itching to get into the fight. It wouldn't be the first time he's called for violence. Remember Trump's motto. "When they hit you, hit back twice as hard."

Forum List

Back