Donald Trump’s threat to imprison Hillary Clinton is a threat to democracy

If she is extremely carelessly in how she handled sensitive classified material, what makes you think she won't do the same as our President in other areas as well?
The woman has been proven in several things that she lacks good judgement.

Laughing.....you going Birther now, Marty?

never was. I am asking Rightwinger if there was ever an Congressional Investigation into the issue. We were talking about Congressional inquiries, and he went with the Birther angle, not me.

He didn't say congressional inquiry, you did. He said investigations.

Whitewater was an actual investigation. The gist of the original discussion on this topic was "Waste of taxpayers money" due to congressional investigations. Thus lumping together whitewater and the birther crap is disingenuous at best.

Not when the GOP is now the birther party. And King Birther is vying for the presidency.

Your ilk own the birther conspiracy now. Its an albatross around the GOP's neck for the next generation or so.

Well he now says he was wrong, kind of like Hillary being against gay marriage before she was for it (which we all know is bullshit).

He said he was wrong? When? Direct quote of him saying he was wrong.

They didn't send classified information on it. Quit trying to deflect. If they did they should also be in jail
Incorrect. From the report: "Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information."

It's a question of intent. Hillary, et al, were incompetent but there is not enough evidence to be successfully prosecutable. As Comey mentioned in his report, it's not their place to determine whether or not to charge Hillary, but their recommendation was there wasn't enough evidence to do so. This means she and her people did send classified information but there was no evidence it was intentional......that's probably buried in the missing emails. ;)

Last edited:
How is starting an investigation treason?
We're the other eight investigations treason?

Only Treason is treason. Much like bigotry, progressives are trying to render the word meaningless.
How many "investigations" does it take to determine there was no crime?

We saw this during Bill Clinton's term. Seven years of Whitewater investigations, investigating a blowjob, accusations of murdering Vince Foster...

Doesn't take actual facts just constant investigation
And millions upon millions of tax payer dollars wasted because of political partisanship.

Progressives complaining about wasting government money is the same as a burglar complaining about and alarm system.
What a stupidi comment.

Trump is nothing more then thug.
First of all you uneducated hillbilly - the sentence would be "Trump is nothing more than a thug".

Second of all - only you idiot progressives believe that upholding and respecting the rule of law is "thug". Normal people realize that criminal activities requires prosecution.

never was. I am asking Rightwinger if there was ever an Congressional Investigation into the issue. We were talking about Congressional inquiries, and he went with the Birther angle, not me.

He didn't say congressional inquiry, you did. He said investigations.

Whitewater was an actual investigation. The gist of the original discussion on this topic was "Waste of taxpayers money" due to congressional investigations. Thus lumping together whitewater and the birther crap is disingenuous at best.

Not when the GOP is now the birther party. And King Birther is vying for the presidency.

Your ilk own the birther conspiracy now. Its an albatross around the GOP's neck for the next generation or so.

Well he now says he was wrong, kind of like Hillary being against gay marriage before she was for it (which we all know is bullshit).

He said he was wrong? When? Direct quote of him saying he was wrong.

I misspoke. He reversed his position. Same as Hillary on gay marriage.

We're the other eight investigations treason?

Only Treason is treason. Much like bigotry, progressives are trying to render the word meaningless.
How many "investigations" does it take to determine there was no crime?

We saw this during Bill Clinton's term. Seven years of Whitewater investigations, investigating a blowjob, accusations of murdering Vince Foster...

Doesn't take actual facts just constant investigation
And millions upon millions of tax payer dollars wasted because of political partisanship.

Progressives complaining about wasting government money is the same as a burglar complaining about and alarm system.
What a stupidi comment.

Sorry it goes over your head, like most discussions on this board.

Trump himself could not act on his dictatorial fanaticism, but if Republicans in Congress keep control of both houses they would, after a short time, view this as their one opportunity to change laws that would keep them in power indefinitely. They have shown they don't believe in American democracy anymore simply by their rampant attempts in various states to suppress the right to vote.
That is as deeply ignorant as it is fall-down hilarious coming from the side that invoked the "Nuclear Option" in the Senate lead by Dumbocrat Harry Reid to ensure their agenda could not be filibustered.

[QUOT E="ColonelAngus, post: 15502966, member: 53683"] Comey confirmed she lied to Congress.

If she did nothing wrong, why did she lie about it to Congress?[/QUOTE]
She did do something wrong. The problem for the Republicans is that what she did wrong lacks prosecutable evidence.

As stated above, I think she's both incompetent and unethical. This doesn't mean there is enough evidence to put her in jail, just that I believe she's earned her "unfavorable" rating among American voters.

There was no crime. She has been investigated up one side and down the other.
Yeah...and she was found to have engaged in a host of criminal acts. Then she got on a plane with unethical progressive (redundant - I know) AG Loretta Lynch and everything just magically went away as usual. That's what happens when progressives obtain power. They use it and abuse it.

Here is F.B.I. Director James Comey acknowledging that Hitlery Clinton "checked every box required for a felony":

"According to Director James Comey (disclosure: a former colleague and longtime friend of mine), Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust. Director Comey even conceded that former Secretary Clinton was “extremely careless” and strongly suggested that her recklessness very likely led to communications (her own and those she corresponded with) being intercepted by foreign intelligence services. Yet, Director Comey recommended against prosecution of the law violations he clearly found on the ground that there was no intent to harm the United States"

FBI Rewrites Federal Law to Let Hillary Off the Hook, by Andrew C. McCarthy, National Review

by Zack Beauchamp
October 9, 2016
There is no way to sugarcoat this: At Sunday night’s presidential debate, Donald Trump threatened to throw Hillary Clinton in jail if he wins the presidency. This — threatening to jail one’s political opponents — is how democratic norms die.

The exchange happened during a discussion of the controversy over Hillary Clinton’s private email server. Trump began by decrying Clinton’s conduct — which, according to the FBI, was quite bad but not illegal. He then proposed appointing a special prosecutor to investigate her, and warned Clinton that, if he were president now, “you’d be in jail”:

TRUMP: I'll tell you what. I didn't think I'd say this, and I'm going to say it, and hate to say it: If I win, I'm going to instruct the attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there's never been so many lies, so much deception … A very expensive process, so we're going to get a special prosecutor because people have been, their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you've done. And it's a disgrace, and honestly, you ought to be ashamed.

-snip-

In democracies, we respect people’s rights to disagree with each other. When one candidate wins a presidential election, the loser returns to private life or another government position. In some cases, former rivals become close friends. George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, who defeated Bush in the 1992 election, travel together and have spent decades jointly raising money to aid the victims of natural disasters.

They don’t get sent to jail, because we believe that political disagreement should be legal.

read more: Donald Trump’s threat to imprison Hillary Clinton is a threat to democracy

He believes that nobody is above the law. Hillary thinks she is.

Say you pretending to be Clinton. Which is adorable.

Back in reality, despite dozens of investigations there's no evidence of Clinton violating the law. So you ignore the investigations and imagine what you wish.

So, um....how's that working out for you?
Comey found tons of evidence....even worked out a deal to destroy it. He simply decided that he wasn't going to recommend an indictment.
That is corruption.

[QUOT E="ColonelAngus, post: 15502966, member: 53683"] Comey confirmed she lied to Congress.

If she did nothing wrong, why did she lie about it to Congress?
She did do something wrong. The problem for the Republicans is that what she did wrong lacks prosecutable evidence.

As stated above, I think she's both incompetent and unethical. This doesn't mean there is enough evidence to put her in jail, just that I believe she's earned her "unfavorable" rating among American voters.[/QUOTE]
There is probably more than enough evidence to prosecute. We have a completely corrupt department of justice. It's the corrupt attorney general that determined to ignore the recommendations of the FBI.

Yeah...and she was found to have engaged in a host of criminal acts. Then she got on a plane with unethical progressive (redundant - I know) AG Loretta Lynch and everything just magically went away as usual. That's what happens when progressives obtain power. They use it and abuse it.

Here is F.B.I. Director James Comey acknowledging that Hitlery Clinton "checked every box required for a felony":

"According to Director James Comey (disclosure: a former colleague and longtime friend of mine), Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust. Director Comey even conceded that former Secretary Clinton was “extremely careless” and strongly suggested that her recklessness very likely led to communications (her own and those she corresponded with) being intercepted by foreign intelligence services. Yet, Director Comey recommended against prosecution of the law violations he clearly found on the ground that there was no intent to harm the United States"

FBI Rewrites Federal Law to Let Hillary Off the Hook, by Andrew C. McCarthy, National Review
Thanks for the article.

Something to consider is that one reason why Comey didn't recommend prosecution is because he knew the President and the Attorney General would never prosecute or, if a case was brought against Hillary, they'd muck it up so there would be no conviction. In short, Comey may not have chosen to piss up a rope because it would just be a waste of American tax dollars.

There is probably more than enough evidence to prosecute. We have a completely corrupt department of justice. It's the corrupt attorney general that determined to ignore the recommendations of the FBI.
Agreed. That's the problem and why, IMHO, Comey chose not to recommend prosecution. He knew it'd just be a waste of time with this administration.

Thanks for the article.

Something to consider is that one reason why Comey didn't recommend prosecution is because he knew the President and the Attorney General would never prosecute or, if a case was brought against Hillary, they'd muck it up so there would be no conviction. In short, Comey may not have chosen to piss up a rope because it would just be a waste of American tax dollars.
Or the fix was in. Usually the simplest solution is the correct one. Not always but more often than not.

by Zack Beauchamp
October 9, 2016
There is no way to sugarcoat this: At Sunday night’s presidential debate, Donald Trump threatened to throw Hillary Clinton in jail if he wins the presidency. This — threatening to jail one’s political opponents — is how democratic norms die.

The exchange happened during a discussion of the controversy over Hillary Clinton’s private email server. Trump began by decrying Clinton’s conduct — which, according to the FBI, was quite bad but not illegal. He then proposed appointing a special prosecutor to investigate her, and warned Clinton that, if he were president now, “you’d be in jail”:

TRUMP: I'll tell you what. I didn't think I'd say this, and I'm going to say it, and hate to say it: If I win, I'm going to instruct the attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there's never been so many lies, so much deception … A very expensive process, so we're going to get a special prosecutor because people have been, their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you've done. And it's a disgrace, and honestly, you ought to be ashamed.

-snip-

In democracies, we respect people’s rights to disagree with each other. When one candidate wins a presidential election, the loser returns to private life or another government position. In some cases, former rivals become close friends. George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, who defeated Bush in the 1992 election, travel together and have spent decades jointly raising money to aid the victims of natural disasters.

They don’t get sent to jail, because we believe that political disagreement should be legal.

read more: Donald Trump’s threat to imprison Hillary Clinton is a threat to democracy

There is nothing the progressives fear more than the rule of law.

President Trump would restore law and order, to this otherwise banana republic of Democrat stooges running the DoJ and most of the courts.

by Zack Beauchamp
October 9, 2016

-snip-

There is nothing the progressives fear more than the rule of law.

President Trump would restore law and order, to this otherwise banana republic of Democrat stooges running the DoJ and most of the courts.
The same rule of law that failed to investigate Bush and Cheney for engaging in torture?

Meh, it's just a red meat moment for his base. A pitch-fork moment for both bases really.

To the average independent it shows that with his temperament he is not fit to be President.

Forum List

Back