Donald Trump’s threat to imprison Hillary Clinton is a threat to democracy

by Zack Beauchamp
October 9, 2016
There is no way to sugarcoat this: At Sunday night’s presidential debate, Donald Trump threatened to throw Hillary Clinton in jail if he wins the presidency. This — threatening to jail one’s political opponents — is how democratic norms die.

The exchange happened during a discussion of the controversy over Hillary Clinton’s private email server. Trump began by decrying Clinton’s conduct — which, according to the FBI, was quite bad but not illegal. He then proposed appointing a special prosecutor to investigate her, and warned Clinton that, if he were president now, “you’d be in jail”:

TRUMP: I'll tell you what. I didn't think I'd say this, and I'm going to say it, and hate to say it: If I win, I'm going to instruct the attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there's never been so many lies, so much deception … A very expensive process, so we're going to get a special prosecutor because people have been, their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you've done. And it's a disgrace, and honestly, you ought to be ashamed.

-snip-

In democracies, we respect people’s rights to disagree with each other. When one candidate wins a presidential election, the loser returns to private life or another government position. In some cases, former rivals become close friends. George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, who defeated Bush in the 1992 election, travel together and have spent decades jointly raising money to aid the victims of natural disasters.

They don’t get sent to jail, because we believe that political disagreement should be legal.

read more: Donald Trump’s threat to imprison Hillary Clinton is a threat to democracy

Trump is nothing more then thug.
He believes that nobody is above the law. Hillary thinks she is.

Say you pretending to be Clinton. Which is adorable.

Back in reality, despite dozens of investigations there's no evidence of Clinton violating the law. So you ignore the investigations and imagine what you wish.

So, um....how's that working out for you?

by Zack Beauchamp
October 9, 2016
There is no way to sugarcoat this: At Sunday night’s presidential debate, Donald Trump threatened to throw Hillary Clinton in jail if he wins the presidency. This — threatening to jail one’s political opponents — is how democratic norms die.

The exchange happened during a discussion of the controversy over Hillary Clinton’s private email server. Trump began by decrying Clinton’s conduct — which, according to the FBI, was quite bad but not illegal. He then proposed appointing a special prosecutor to investigate her, and warned Clinton that, if he were president now, “you’d be in jail”:

TRUMP: I'll tell you what. I didn't think I'd say this, and I'm going to say it, and hate to say it: If I win, I'm going to instruct the attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there's never been so many lies, so much deception … A very expensive process, so we're going to get a special prosecutor because people have been, their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you've done. And it's a disgrace, and honestly, you ought to be ashamed.

-snip-

In democracies, we respect people’s rights to disagree with each other. When one candidate wins a presidential election, the loser returns to private life or another government position. In some cases, former rivals become close friends. George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, who defeated Bush in the 1992 election, travel together and have spent decades jointly raising money to aid the victims of natural disasters.

They don’t get sent to jail, because we believe that political disagreement should be legal.

read more: Donald Trump’s threat to imprison Hillary Clinton is a threat to democracy

Who in the hell is Zack Beauchamp and more to the point who cares what he thinks?
Ever notice how sugarplum matty starts a OP and is never to be seen again substantiating his bullshit? And he wants everyone to think he so clever... more bullshit...

Yes, really. Trump insists that he'd imprison his political opponents if elected......and the alt right cheers. Check out this thread. There are calls for Clinton to be charged with treason and *hung*. For Obama and other democrats to be thrown in prison if Trump won.

Do you have any idea how fucking insane that sounds, how full tilt, batshit crazy that seems to anyone outside the Right Wing echo chamber?
Oh my I just heard what he said. He said that he would get a special prosecutor to investigate. He didn't say he would personally throw her in jail. You are a liar.
An honest special prosecutor would throw her in jail.

Ah, the old 'No True Scotsman' fallacy. Where 'honesty' is defined by their agreement with you.

How's that working out for you?
In this forum you have proved to be a liar.

In this forum I've been proven right, again and again. And come November 8th, I'll add yet another 'I told you so' to my list.

Reality is the ultimate conspiracy-buster, Johnny. And all the batshit crazy nonsense you tell yourself isn't going to prevent Trump's predictable, inevitable defeat.

The only real question you have left is your choice of batshit conspiracies for why Trump lost.
actually I think there are only one or two people on here that think Trump is going to win.
I dont think he has a chance, she was promised and just has too much support from those that count the vote.

Oh my I just heard what he said. He said that he would get a special prosecutor to investigate. He didn't say he would personally throw her in jail. You are a liar.

Ah, the old 'No True Scotsman' fallacy. Where 'honesty' is defined by their agreement with you.

In this forum I've been proven right, again and again. And come November 8th, I'll add yet another 'I told you so' to my list.

Reality is the ultimate conspiracy-buster, Johnny. And all the batshit crazy nonsense you tell yourself isn't going to prevent Trump's predictable, inevitable defeat.

The only real question you have left is your choice of batshit conspiracies for why Trump lost.
actually I think there are only one or two people on here that think Trump is going to win.
I dont think he has a chance, she was promised and just has too much support from those that count the vote.

Ah, so all the polls are wrong......and its only through 'support from those who count the vote' that is going to put Hillary into office, huh?

Well, at least you've chosen your batshit conspiracy for why Trump is going to lose.

Yes, really. Trump insists that he'd imprison his political opponents if elected......and the alt right cheers. Check out this thread. There are calls for Clinton to be charged with treason and *hung*. For Obama and other democrats to be thrown in prison if Trump won.

Do you have any idea how fucking insane that sounds, how full tilt, batshit crazy that seems to anyone outside the Right Wing echo chamber?

So 'you'd be in jail' doesn't mean Hillary would be in jail, huh?

That's what you wanna go with? Laughing....holy shit, dude. Really?
Yes, if it was anyone else. They would be in jail. Quit lying, he said he would get a special prosecutor. So shut the fuck up.

As Powell and Rice are in prison for using unsecure emails as well?

Laughing....nope. Your imagination means jack shit to the rest of us, Fringy. You can make up whatever conspiracy horseshit you'd like. But no one outside the right wing echo chamber cares.

Its why Trump is having his ass handed to him: all he's got left are conspiracy theories.
They didn't send classified information on it. Quit trying to deflect. If they did they should also be in jail

by Zack Beauchamp
October 9, 2016

-snip-

He's a Mussolini wannabe. A small dictator. He views the presidency as his personal blank check to punish his political opponents. Just as they did in the Soviet Union.

The Republican party has abandoned him, no newspapers will endorse him, he attracts the KKK and White Supremacist movement. The rest of the world has real reason to wonder if this country will remain a democracy. Trump himself could not act on his dictatorial fanaticism, but if Republicans in Congress keep control of both houses they would, after a short time, view this as their one opportunity to change laws that would keep them in power indefinitely. They have shown they don't believe in American democracy anymore simply by their rampant attempts in various states to suppress the right to vote.
The Republican Party is a punching bag for the left. It's time they grew a spine and learned to fight their opposition instead of running and hiding every time things get a little tough.

He will win.

Is that considered TREASON? If not - it should be. Trump sounds like a third world dictator.

How is starting an investigation treason?
We're the other eight investigations treason?

Only Treason is treason. Much like bigotry, progressives are trying to render the word meaningless.
How many "investigations" does it take to determine there was no crime?

We saw this during Bill Clinton's term. Seven years of Whitewater investigations, investigating a blowjob, accusations of murdering Vince Foster...

Doesn't take actual facts just constant investigation

The issue is that the people doing the investigating are members of the same club as the investigated.

Republicans investigated Whitewater for seven years before admitting there was nothing there. They investigated Obamas birth certificate for seven years before finally declaring there is nothing there

Investigating is what Repunlicans do. They don't need actual facts and ignore any fact that says....nothing to see here

They investigate to maintain the appearance of a crime without a crime actually being committed

He will win.

Laughing!

Good luck with that.

If Trump becomes president Hillary will be retried and prosecuted and plenty of politicians will go down also. Including obama.

And the fringe right loves the idea of imprisoning, even killing their political opponents.

But to the rest of us that sounds insane too. Do you see the pattern yet?

Oh, Rly?

US Attorney General: 'We May Prosecute Climate Change Deniers'.

Like Ken Starr?

How about Trey Gowdy?

How is starting an investigation treason?

Only Treason is treason. Much like bigotry, progressives are trying to render the word meaningless.

We saw this during Bill Clinton's term. Seven years of Whitewater investigations, investigating a blowjob, accusations of murdering Vince Foster...

The issue is that the people doing the investigating are members of the same club as the investigated.

Republicans investigated Whitewater for seven years before admitting there was nothing there. They investigated Obamas birth certificate for seven years before finally declaring there is nothing there

Investigating is what Repunlicans do. They don't need actual facts and ignore any fact that says....nothing to see here

They investigate to maintain the appearance of a crime without a crime actually being committed

There was a congressional investigation into Obama's Birth Certificate?

by Zack Beauchamp
October 9, 2016

-snip-

He thinks of himself as a dictator, repeatedly saying "I alone" can fix the problems in our country, so this fits right in, as dictators jail their opponents.

He insists that he will run the government like he does his businesses. And insists that he runs his business as a dictator.

Now he's insisting that he'll imprison his political opponents.

Derp

She broke the law. She should be held accountable for her actions like every other American. Many people have lost their careers in government by mishandling classified information.

by Zack Beauchamp
October 9, 2016

-snip-

He thinks of himself as a dictator, repeatedly saying "I alone" can fix the problems in our country, so this fits right in, as dictators jail their opponents.

He insists that he will run the government like he does his businesses. And insists that he runs his business as a dictator.

Now he's insisting that he'll imprison his political opponents.

Derp

She broke the law. She should've half accountable for her actions like every other American.

Comey found that she didn't break any law. Why would I ignore the head of the FBI and instead believe you, citing yourself?

Why would any rational person?

So 'you'd be in jail' doesn't mean Hillary would be in jail, huh?

That's what you wanna go with? Laughing....holy shit, dude. Really?
Yes, if it was anyone else. They would be in jail. Quit lying, he said he would get a special prosecutor. So shut the fuck up.

As Powell and Rice are in prison for using unsecure emails as well?

Laughing....nope. Your imagination means jack shit to the rest of us, Fringy. You can make up whatever conspiracy horseshit you'd like. But no one outside the right wing echo chamber cares.

Its why Trump is having his ass handed to him: all he's got left are conspiracy theories.
They didn't send classified information on it. Quit trying to deflect. If they did they should also be in jail

FBI director says she did.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hillary-clinton-email-investigation/86709530/

Laughing.....you going Birther now, Marty?

What a lot of silly drama, you people get your panties in a wad over words, not reality. Poor left are nothing but victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laughing.....you going Birther now, Marty?

never was. I am asking Rightwinger if there was ever an Congressional Investigation into the issue. We were talking about Congressional inquiries, and he went with the Birther angle, not me.

Forum List

Back