🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald wants an apology and his boxes of national secrets back

The president can keep them.
Thats the way it's always been.
Yet dems had no problem with hillary having access to documents she had no right to have.
Same with biden before he became POTUS and with Sandy Berger it was pretty obvious he knew he couldnt have them since he was stuffing them in his pants.
Do you know the purpose of the Presidential Records Act?

I, for the most part, do not ask questions for which I am not already fairly sure of the answer. If I'm asking you a specific question such as in this case, it's because I'm curious as to how you rationalize and justify your beliefs, including what you believe to be is your knowledge of our laws.

I have always been trained to be able to argue either side of an issue, but one thing I know with as much certainty as there can be, is that when the United States government asks you to return something that it claims is its property and instead of doing so, you lie and say you have, entice others to lie as well and then when the government gets a search warrant and finds out that you indeed have lied to them, then EVEN IF what Trump did originally may not have risen to a prosecutorial offense, lying under oath (in an affidavit) to them is an offense that he can be prosecuted for as if they didn't already have enough to charge him on.

Surely you remember that Martha Stewart went to jail not for anything she did per se in the case the FBI was investigating, but for lying to the FBI about her involvement (giving false statements & obstruction of justice - sentence: months in federal prison). You'd have to be an idiot to screw around with our government that way and then to brag about what you did and let someone get it on tape.

They didnt need a search warrant.
Trump cooperated with all their requests,all they had to do was come on over to Mar-a-Lago and look ar anything they wanted to look at.

They didnt need a search warrant.
Trump cooperated with all their requests,all they had to do was come on over to Mar-a-Lago and look ar anything they wanted to look at.

They tried that for 16 months, did work.

Then they tried a subpoena so that they could turn over documents themselves, that didn't work either.

After 18 months they finally had to go with a search warrant because Trump was stonewalling.

In court documents from the case last fall we learned that NARA/FBI representatives were DENIED access to boxes in June when they were there to pick up the redweld of documents that were partially surrender as a result of the subpoena. (They weren't all the documents because Trump conspired to HIDE boxes from his own lawyers.)

WW

On what grounds is he allowed to keep them?

They didnt ask for them back now did they. And they knew exactly where they were and what they pertained to.
Ex presidents have been keep documents for years.
And then you have certain people who've stolen documents and or destroyed them and nothing happened to any of them.

Surely you've seen/heard all of the dems who have said this is a bullshit move by biden and it will go nowhere.

They tried that for 16 months, did work.

Then they tried a subpoena so that they could turn over documents themselves, that didn't work either.

After 18 months they finally had to go with a search warrant because Trump was stonewalling.

In court documents from the case last fall we learned that NARA/FBI representatives were DENIED access to boxes in June when they were there to pick up the redweld of documents that were partially surrender as a result of the subpoena. (They weren't all the documents because Trump conspired to HIDE boxes from his own lawyers.)

WW
A repub on the intelligence committee on Fox this morning said the archive had no idea Trump had classified material till they got the 100 boxes back after 2 months of begging for them. When the archives realized he had classified material Trumps attitude changed and he would not comply with requests for the next 12 months until the supenoa. He was trying to defend Trump, but that makes him sound worse don't it?

A repub on the intelligence committee on Fox this morning said the archive had no idea Trump had classified material till they got the 100 boxes back after 2 months of begging for them. When the archives realized he had classified material Trumps attitude changed and he would not comply with requests for the next 12 months until the supenoa. He was trying to defend Trump, but that makes him sound worse don't it?

Which doesn't change the fact that the Trump Administration was required to segregate Presidential Record from Personal Records DURING the administration (PRA of 1978 Section 2203 Para B) and then turn over to the Archivist Presidential Records at the end of the term (which ended at noon, January 20, 2021.) per Section 2203 Para (g)(1).

WW

‘In a typical all-caps screed, Trump reasoned that it should be clear to all how he had been “totally exonerated” of the 37 federal charges related to his mishandling of classified materials at the Florida estate. Rattling off his laundry list of enemies—“corrupt Joe Biden, the DOJ, deranged Jack Smith, and their radical left, Marxist thugs”—he asked when they planned “to drop all charges against me, apologize, and return everything that was illegally taken (Fourth Amendment) from my home? This was nothing other than election interference!!!”’ ibid

lol

This sort of arrogance, stupidity, and lies are one of countless reasons why Trump is unfit to be president.
Great campaign speech for Trump Mrs Jones! It puts all the crazy witch hunting in perspective and shows sane people just how ignorant the left really is.
I never knew you to be such a Trump fan. jimboliar is of course, but you really are coming out of the closet now.

Forum List

Back