Don’t Believe the Democrat Attacks on Tax Reform. Here Are the Facts.

You are going to pay more through your income tax, and through either a BAT or a VAT.

I promise.

That's what is coming.

While you guzzle the piss of people you know damn fucking well have lied to you a thousand times before.

You dumb rubes deserve to be raped.

We need to scrap our income tax completely and either institute a flat tax on income or a consumption tax.
Tramp is cutting the consumption tax from 35% to 20%.
that's the corporate tax isn't it?

As far as I know we do not have a consumption tax in the US

As everyone knows, any corporate taxes are passed on to the consumer in the price for the goods and services consumed. So the corporate tax IS a consumption tax, and we are told by the CON$ that corporate taxes are bad but consumption taxes are "fair."

Except the only ones that "know this" are corporatist shills.

PROFITS are taxed, not costs. If corporation's after-tax-profits increase that DOES NOT AT ALL mean that products will now be correspondingly cheaper or they will hire more or pay more salaries.

Apple makes SILLY profit margin on their iPhones and no matter how much after-tax profits they make they will STILL want more after-tax profit and will charge for their product AS MUCH AS THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH no matter how much tax they pay.

That is because people WANT IT that bad! People start buying other phones, Apple prices drop! It is called the law of supply, and demand! But when you talk about REAL competing products, a larger profit margin allows them to DROP prices further.

The status quo (doing nothing) won't work. Tax increases won't work. Tax cuts a step in the right direction but look government waste and fraud alone this year...over $400 billion that will pay for the tax cuts 3 times over. That's 10% of the Federal budget.

How about you discuss the actual bill instead of irrelevancies?

Can you explain why increasing debt by 1.7T dollar to prop up "WINNING!" economy with tax cuts for the rich is such a great idea???

Stop lying then we can discuss the issue.

What am I lying about?

DISCUSS.

I'm growing tired of the left's 40 year old 'tax cuts for the rich' talking point nonsense. If you want to have a rational discussion on this topic, which could be bipartisan and thoughtful, check your talking points at the door.

What is "irrational" about not wanting to give those ALREADY DOING GREAT in this country yet another huge tax-cut at expense of blowing yet another hole in Federal budgets?

You are bailing on rational discussion because you know this tax-cut bill is ridiculous.

Again, 4-10ths of 1% growth over what it would be, PAYS for the cut! Did you notice what the stock market thinks today-) Now, if you think that is all fat cats buying stock believing they are going to make a killing, why don't YOU go buy some too?!?!?!?!?!

I'm growing tired of the left's 40 year old 'tax cuts for the rich' talking point nonsense. If you want to have a rational discussion on this topic, which could be bipartisan and thoughtful, check your talking points at the door.

What is "irrational" about not wanting to give those ALREADY DOING GREAT in this country yet another huge tax-cut at expense of blowing yet another hole in Federal budgets?

You are bailing on rational discussion because you know this tax-cut bill is ridiculous.

Christ almighty...lets discuss FACTS not talking points. This bill caps one of the biggest deductions for the 'rich' the mortgage interest deduction on homes. The vast majority of Americans are not effected by this, the rich they got screwed. Here's another the deduction for state income and sales taxes, eliminated. The poor and middle class get a pass, an increase in the standard deduction to offset this. The 'rich' again get screwed.

Bullcrap - most of the rich OWN their homes and estates and many use pass-through taxation, meaning they get a HUGE tax cut overall. But now ON TOP of that they will not be subject to alternate minimum tax AND their born-with-silver-spoon kids will now inherit all that wealth tax-free.

Middle class people on the other hand have big mortgage interest bills that will effectively increase.

Didn't I tell you to check your talking points at the door? Lets define 'rich' shall we, two working parents making $250k a year total that's how government defines the 'rich'.

LOL talking points? Fuck off, I post in good faith what makes sense to me.

$250k+ income - that is how I define rich. $250 being the BOTTOM CASE you are NARROWLY cherry picking. It's like me concentrating on people making 1 million plus who are ALSO in this category.

Do SOME of these people have mortgage? Sure. But far less often than people in middle brackets and the fact that they are not subject to minimum alternate tax easily makes up for it.

See, this person is all about PUNISHMENT! He wants to punish people, those who make more than he thinks they should. That is why leftists can NEVER again be allowed to control government. People like him and their incessant whining, already have almost 50% of the people paying NOTHING in federal income tax! How in the hell they get screwed when they already pay NOTHING is beyond me, because increasing taxes by 20% on someone who pays NOTHING, is still NOTHING!

But, this is all about POLITICS; and by the way, does everyone know the ONE entity MOST opposed to this, and NO it is not the Democrats! Well, let me spell that entity for you, along with the 2nd entity most opposed----------->

1. I-R-E-L-A-N-D!

2. The E-U-R-O-P-E-A-N union.

Now maybe, some of these offshore leftists should proclaim where they reside so we can get a better feel for the offshore, opposition-)

We need to scrap our income tax completely and either institute a flat tax on income or a consumption tax.

As everyone knows, any corporate taxes are passed on to the consumer in the price for the goods and services consumed. So the corporate tax IS a consumption tax, and we are told by the CON$ that corporate taxes are bad but consumption taxes are "fair."

I can't wait for prices to all go down after this big corporate tax break. I'm sure it will happen...

Who claimed it would make prices go down?

Agreed! I thought it was to make job opportunities go UP! But, when you talk J-O-B with many of the libs on here, it is like trying to mix oil and water. They are happy in their parents basement, typing away in their underwear all day, on their computers-) I betcha most of their parents are praying to whatever GOD they pray to, this ignites the economy enough, to FORCE their lazy rearends out to make an HONEST LIVING, instead of eating Cheeto's and Frito's, while spewing out progressive propaganda from their basement-)

Christ almighty...lets discuss FACTS not talking points. This bill caps one of the biggest deductions for the 'rich' the mortgage interest deduction on homes. The vast majority of Americans are not effected by this, the rich they got screwed. Here's another the deduction for state income and sales taxes, eliminated. The poor and middle class get a pass, an increase in the standard deduction to offset this. The 'rich' again get screwed.

Bullcrap - most of the rich OWN their homes and estates and many use pass-through taxation, meaning they get a HUGE tax cut overall. But now ON TOP of that they will not be subject to alternate minimum tax AND their born-with-silver-spoon kids will now inherit all that wealth tax-free.

Middle class people on the other hand have big mortgage interest bills that will effectively increase.

Didn't I tell you to check your talking points at the door? Lets define 'rich' shall we, two working parents making $250k a year total that's how government defines the 'rich'.

$250k+ income - that is how I define rich. $250 being the BOTTOM CASE you are NARROWLY cherry picking. It's like me concentrating on people making 1 million plus who are ALSO in this category.

Do SOME of these people have mortgage? Sure. But far less often than people in middle brackets and the fact that they are not subject to minimum alternate tax easily makes up for it.

See, this person is all about PUNISHMENT! He wants to punish people, those who make more than he thinks they should.

The exact same justification Nazi's used to murder jews.

Until we do that the 4 million word tax code that is so ridiculously complex that even law makers can't understand it will become an 8 million word tax code that not even the best accountants or tax attorneys can understand

Drain the swamp!!!

Get rid of the lobbyists

Until then, the tax code will continue to be full of special breaks and bennies for favored special interests.

The tax cut is for the wealthy, double taxation under Salt. It will increase the debt so they will then need to cut social programs, but the wealthy will just keep getting wealthier.

I mean he is choosing heads of the depts. that want to destroy the departs they head.

Are the corps raising wages with the market run up, NOPE, it never trickles down.

Take your double taxation BS and shove it, many things are double, triple and even quadruple taxed with no deductions available. City, County and State taxes are separate form federal taxes, if they are too high address it with the taxing entity.

Hey Texas has the highest property tax. Cons worried about the deficit when Dems are in control , they go and give tax cuts to the rich and create another deficit that the Dems will have to take care of. Can't wait till the greedy monsters are out of maj, and soon they will be.

If they would use dynamic scoring there would be no addition to the debt, can you folks ever be honest. I see you abandoned your double taxation BS pretty quickly.

Also if you think about it, in States with State income tax you get double deductions now. You deduct SALT taxes form your federal taxes which reduces your taxable income, and you use that reduced taxable income to compute you State taxes, so you're essentially taking deductions for you Salt taxes paid to the State and localities to reduce your State taxes also.

See, this person is all about PUNISHMENT! He wants to punish people, those who make more than he thinks they should.

No I don't want to "punish" anyone, that's fucking insane.

The exact same justification Nazi's used to murder jews.

YNgmlTp.gif

The tax cut is for the wealthy, double taxation under Salt. It will increase the debt so they will then need to cut social programs, but the wealthy will just keep getting wealthier.

I mean he is choosing heads of the depts. that want to destroy the departs they head.

Are the corps raising wages with the market run up, NOPE, it never trickles down.

Take your double taxation BS and shove it, many things are double, triple and even quadruple taxed with no deductions available. City, County and State taxes are separate form federal taxes, if they are too high address it with the taxing entity.

Hey Texas has the highest property tax. Cons worried about the deficit when Dems are in control , they go and give tax cuts to the rich and create another deficit that the Dems will have to take care of. Can't wait till the greedy monsters are out of maj, and soon they will be.

If they would use dynamic scoring there would be no addition to the debt

Did you just make this up? No Dynamic Scoring shows that growth will offset anywhere near the volume of the cost

The congressional Joint Committee on Taxation said Wednesday afternoon that the Senate tax bill would add $1 trillion to federal budget deficits over the next decade, even after accounting for additional economic growth, a major blow to Republicans’ contention that the $1.5 trillion tax cuts in the bill will pay for themselves through growth. […]

The committee said economic growth generated by the tax cut will offset losses by about $458 billion over the next decade. Over that same period, an additional $51 billion will be needed to pay interest on the additional debt the government will borrow to pay for the tax cuts.

Official new report: Republican tax cuts won't pay for themselves

Did you just make this up? No Dynamic Scoring shows that growth will offset anywhere near the volume of the cost

The congressional Joint Committee on Taxation said Wednesday afternoon that the Senate tax bill would add $1 trillion to federal budget deficits over the next decade, even after accounting for additional economic growth, a major blow to Republicans’ contention that the $1.5 trillion tax cuts in the bill will pay for themselves through growth. […]

The committee said economic growth generated by the tax cut will offset losses by about $458 billion over the next decade. Over that same period, an additional $51 billion will be needed to pay interest on the additional debt the government will borrow to pay for the tax cuts.

What was the exact grown prediction in that calculation?

I can't wait for prices to all go down after this big corporate tax break. I'm sure it will happen...

Who claimed it would make prices go down?

I've been hearing corporate taxes are passsd onto the consumer for many years.

I know conservatives say that a lot, but it isn't true in the case of income taxes. Corporate profits are what's left after all expenses are paid. The goods have already been sold, so taxing what's left after that point can'nt affect prices. What income taxes do is consume the seed corn. They reduce the the ability of corporations to expand.

So the rich can't collect social security? Not you lie lie lie worse than anything. But your hatred for workers who make less the 30 dollars per hour is noted. Like that is a great wage....not

As usual, DemocRATs scream how it “favors the rich” and “raises taxes on the middle class.” And, as usual, it’s nothing but bull poop! This article spells out some of the truths and is worth reading.

Regarding the middle class, Democrats fail to mention that under the new House plan, the standardized deduction would almost double from $6,350 to over $12,000 for single filers, and $12,700 to $24,000 for married couples filing jointly. That means the number of Americans who claim the standard deduction would likely go from 60 percent of all filers to 90 percent.

Critics also fail to mention that the tax credit per child would increase from $1,000 to $1,600.

Additionally, critics don’t admit that the impact of simplifying the tax code would disproportionately help lower- and middle-income taxpayers, most of whom would be able to file their taxes using a simple postcard.

More @ Don't Believe the Democrat Attacks on Tax Reform. Here Are the Facts.

Really? I mean REALLY? Nonsense. I own a business.

This tax cut is for the rich. Start from the top tax cut from 35% to 20%. Right on the spot this inept POTUS lied to you. His exact words just the yesterday “NOT FOOD FOR ME”-————— Who the hell believe that BS but his snowflakes. He is probably saving billions $.
Why are you using this unknown right wing media to support this nonsense?
To be fair. Why don’t you use the CBO or your Fox News?

As usual, DemocRATs scream how it “favors the rich” and “raises taxes on the middle class.” And, as usual, it’s nothing but bull poop! This article spells out some of the truths and is worth reading.

Regarding the middle class, Democrats fail to mention that under the new House plan, the standardized deduction would almost double from $6,350 to over $12,000 for single filers, and $12,700 to $24,000 for married couples filing jointly. That means the number of Americans who claim the standard deduction would likely go from 60 percent of all filers to 90 percent.

Critics also fail to mention that the tax credit per child would increase from $1,000 to $1,600.

Additionally, critics don’t admit that the impact of simplifying the tax code would disproportionately help lower- and middle-income taxpayers, most of whom would be able to file their taxes using a simple postcard.

If you are poor and you have kids you need to be concerned especially if you are making less than 40k a year. Then if your kids that are under 13 now will be screwed when they start getting jobs.
You should be thankful for the democrats that are fighting for you.

It's a tax cut for the rich, and the rich are trying hard to hide the fact, you know it.
bull shit.

Oh come on, it always is.

I've got an idea, why don't you read up on it, understand it, form an opinion based on something and THEN comeback here to make a counter argument.

That is much better than simply making things up out of thin air.

DB9103A8-5705-413B-A2F8-D33B9643167B.png

Liar liar pants on fire.

I've got an idea, why don't you read up on it, understand it, form an opinion based on something and THEN comeback here to make a counter argument.

That is much better than simply making things up out of thin air.

So what you're saying is you have no clue what projected growth was calculated in those estimates. And the fact is they don't say in their report.

Forum List

Back