🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dow futures tank -814 immediately following Trump speech

In just the past three years, the stock market rose almost 220%. Under Trump.

Your point?

You gotta' take the good with the bad. Where are we at now? What was the stock market at 3 years ago? Do share.
Glad you asked. It was around 21000. As of February 14, it was at 29,000. Where were your complaints then? Shifted to everything else except the success Trump was having and to everything he was doing.

Spare me, miss. You weren't taking in the good, you're reveling in the bad. Specifically when it hurts someone you didn't vote for.

Obama left office in January of 2017. It's now at about 23.6. Not all Trump's fault but confusion and chaos is not what markets like.

Curious, why was that so hard for you to admit?

I shall take my leave now.

That you don't know shit? Pretty easy.

President Trump Stock Market Performance

Nah, I have more of a backbone than you. And I don't take pleasure in the misfortune of other people. Like you.

Nor am I a hypocrite, like you. When you were making money in the market as it was going up, you were most likely giving Obama credit for it.

But now that you are losing money, no, it's Trumps stock market now.

How childish can you possibly be?

Then who made the stock market go up? Obama? Do you really think that?

Are we seriously going down this road, Joy?

And what's more, there are people who make their living on stock market trading, anytime it tanks, they tank, running the risk of them going bankrupt. And you cheer for that kind of failure, all because of who sits in the White House right now.

You are consumed with spite and hatred. Trump wasn't responsible for the market falling. The virus is.
Under Obama, the market climbed 149%.

Your point?

You gotta' take the good with the bad. Where are we at now? What was the stock market at 3 years ago? Do share.

220 percent? Lol

Read the post again, you ignorant twat. The Dow is 220% off the lows it hit during the great recession 10 years ago.

I suck at math so you don't have to.

No, you are also incapable of honesty where the blob is concerned.

Glad you asked. It was around 21000. As of February 14, it was at 29,000. Where were your complaints then? Shifted to everything else except the success Trump was having and to everything he was doing.

Spare me, miss. You weren't taking in the good, you're reveling in the bad. Specifically when it hurts someone you didn't vote for.

Obama left office in January of 2017. It's now at about 23.6. Not all Trump's fault but confusion and chaos is not what markets like.

Curious, why was that so hard for you to admit?

I shall take my leave now.

That you don't know shit? Pretty easy.

Nah, I have more of a backbone than you. And I don't take pleasure in the misfortune of other people. Like you.

The only misfortune I'm taking pleasure in right now is yours. I'm glad you're not enjoying it.

Nor am I a hypocrite, like you. When you were making money in the market as it was going up, you were most likely giving Obama credit for it.

No, not really at the time. I think he certainly did kick start the economy again and handed it off to the next guy who while we still had gains not quite the same percentage increase. Then I see on this board every time the market went up it was Trump whether he did anything or not. However whenever he got us into trade wars and the market would drop you guys would didn't seem to want to talk about it.

But now that you are losing money, no, it's Trumps stock market now.

I'm not really blaming Trump for this, I'm just saying if you're going to give him undo credit when it goes up then you have to give him credit when it drops. Own it or not but you can't have it both ways.

How childish can you possibly be?

You claimed the market percentage went up higher under Trump.

Deal with it.

We're headed for world economic collapse, probably not seen since the great depression. With luck we'll see good recovery soon.

As for Trump, sane Americans know we need him more than ever. He's going to do us a great job as usual, and he'll be re-elected come Nov. 4th

We're headed for world economic collapse, probably not seen since the great depression. With luck we'll see good recovery soon.

As for Trump, sane Americans know we need him more than ever. He's going to do us a great job as usual, and he'll be re-elected come Nov. 4th

I wouldn't be making bold predictions one way or another, I kind of think you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.

The blob’s performance has been much poorer than Obama’s.
Under who's standards? Yours?

Ah, here's the DJIA performance chart:

Stock Market Performance by President

Notice that you were looking for the biggest number you could find. I was looking for the actual facts.

On the 38th month of Obama's term, the market rose 52.7% from the day he was sworn in.

Or 7949.09 on January 20, 2009

So, 52.7% of 7949.09 is what? 4189.17

Which means that the DJIA by month 38 was at: 12138.26

On the 38th month of Trump's term, the market rose 43.7% from the day he was sworn in.

Or 19,732.40 on January 20, 2017

So, 43.7% of 19,732.40 is what? 8623.05

Which means that the DJIA by month 38 was at: 28,355.45

Meaning, taken into context, Trump in his third year (before the coronavirus crash) had doubled what Obama gained in his third year.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be making bold predictions one way or another, I kind of think you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.

Oh, look who's talking?

Oh sure, that's it. PROG runs through my veins.

You claimed the market percentage went up higher under Trump.

My, you don't read past the tip of your own nose, do you?

Then who made the stock market go up? Obama? Do you really think that?

Are we seriously going down this road, Joy?

And what's more, there are people who make their living on stock market trading, anytime it tanks, they tank, running the risk of them going bankrupt. And you cheer for that kind of failure, all because of who sits in the White House right now.

You are consumed with spite and hatred. Trump wasn't responsible for the market falling. The virus is.
Under Obama, the market climbed 149%.

Your point?

220 percent? Lol

Read the post again, you ignorant twat. The Dow is 220% off the lows it hit during the great recession 10 years ago.

I suck at math so you don't have to.

No, not really at the time. I think he certainly did kick start the economy again and handed it off to the next guy who while we still had gains not quite the same percentage increase.

Nice spin. Not buying it. I also recall having corrected myself.

I'm not really blaming Trump for this, I'm just saying if you're going to give him undo credit when it goes up then you have to give him credit when it drops.

No. You can't blame someone for an act of nature. The virus. Which is mostly in part responsible for the drop, the other was/is an oil price war between Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:

Curious. I think the math is more involved than you're letting on.

What was the lowest the stock market ever hit during the financial crisis?

6,726.02 in March 2009

And what did you say it increased by under Obama during the first three years of his term? 67.7%?

That would be 11,134.29 in March-April of 2010. For a grand total of ... 4408.09 points, (given that number is 67.7% of 6,726.02) in his first three years.

Now, the 48.8% it has risen under Trump. What was the lowest point of Dow when Trump took office?

19.732.49. Before the Dow started tanking on February 15, the Dow was at an all time high of 29,276.34 in his third year. Or roughly 9629.41 points off what it was in late January 2017.

4408.09 is 67.7% of 6,726 (March 2009)

9629.94 is 48.8% of 19,732 (January 2017)

You see, those percentages you gave work off the low Dow reached at the time.

Here's the grand finale:

9629.94 is 143.1% of 6726. Meaning, Trump's 50% is greater in value than Obama's 67.7% Not to mention it took him less time to gain almost double the the value of what the Dow was in March 2009.

So, before you go prancing about like you've won, take the time to do the math.

You lose. Good night.

You didn't pay attention to the link, did you?

Dow
960x0.jpg

S&P
960x0.jpg

Four Charts Comparing Trump’s Vs. Obama’s Stock Market Returns

How many sources do ya' want, kid?

I'm not really blaming Trump for this, I'm just saying if you're going to give him undo credit when it goes up then you have to give him credit when it drops.

No. You can't blame someone for an act of nature. The virus. Which is mostly in part responsible for the drop, the other was/is a price war Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Oh, OK. I guess nothing bad ever happened under Obama's watch either. Like the market crashing right after he was inaugurated where the most dishonest of you blamed him for and kind of forgot about 2007/8.

Deal with it.
Okay

Notice that you were looking for the biggest number you could find. I was looking for the actual facts.

On the 38th month of Obama's term, the market rose 52.7% from the day he was sworn in.

On the 38th month of Trump's term, the market rose 43.7% from the day he was sworn in.

Meaning, taken into context, Trump in his third year (before the coronavirus crash) had doubled what Obama gained in his third year.

Last edited:

No. You can't blame someone for an act of nature. The virus. Which is mostly in part responsible for the drop, the other was/is a price war Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Oh, OK. I guess nothing bad ever happened under Obama's watch either. Like the market crashing right after he was inaugurated where the most dishonest of you blamed him for and kind of forgot about 2007/8.

So, following this logic, Obama can take credit for fixing the economy, but Trump can't take credit for making it better?

Okay.

Actually, I was comparing the highest point both presidents reached. Which you obviously didn't pay any attention to.

It doesn't really matter. Obama has outpaced Trump at almost any given moment. :21:

Nah, of course it doesn't matter when your logic gets blown out of the water.

Let me repeat:

Which means that the DJIA by month 38 was at: 12138.26

Which means that the DJIA by month 38 was at: 28,355.45

Forum List

Back